||Creative Writing|| - Tips, Tricks & Tutorials

Shonali_gg thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Hey-ya people! I am Shonali..! Here at this thread, I'll be posting tutorials, tips and tricks, as to, how to write creatively. I hope, these will help you all.

Creative Writing..! What's that?

You people, must be thinking that what is exactly "Creative Writing"? Isn't "Writing" and "Creative Writing", one and the same thing? Ha! What's there is creative writing? Well, well, my dear friends, these two terms are different, very different and aren't one and the same thing, and there is much much more to Creative Writing.

Writing is a medium of communication that represents language through the inscription of signs and symbols and words, whereas, Creative Writing is any writing that goes outside the bounds of normal professional, journalistic, academic, or technical forms of literature, typically identified by an emphasis on narrative craft, character development, and the use of literary tropes or with various traditions of poetry and poetics.

Writing, is a basic thing thing, but Creative Writing is a broad concept, that expresses the creativity of words, that a person has. One can distinguish between a normal writer and a creative writer on the basis of the way, he/she expresses themselves in written, in words. There are always two (or more than two) ways of expressing same thing.

For example;

> Ram said to Shyam, "I won first prize in dance competition." - Now this is the simple way.

> With the trophy in his hand, Ram did a 360 degree spin, raising his collars, he then cheerfully told Shyam, "Yo buddy! I won the first prize in dance competition." - Isn't this a little different and better way?

In both the above written sentences, the situation is same and the dialogue is same, they are similar yet different. Isn't the second way, better to explain a situation, a scene through words? Isn't it more effective?

The difference between both the sentences, is the way to use words, the way to combine words in a more dramatic but realistic way.

I'll be posting more tutorials, other tips and tricks, regarding "Creative Writing", here at this thread only. Thank you. And if you want notifications, i.e. PM's for these tutorials, then you have to buddy me!

Send me a buddy request if you want to get PM's of these tutorials, or just simply stay tuned to this thread!

Regards
Shonali
Edited by -Shonali- - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shonali_gg thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago