[ArDi Story] The Honeymoon

guenhwyvar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
The Honeymoon
Written by Shyam
Inspired and Dedicated to Amrita (amritat)

Background: Amrita thought I should write an ArDi honeymoon in my weird style so here it is Amrita -- just for you girl 😊

Story Premise: Have you imagined ArDi going on a honeymoon? Probably not, so sit back and enjoy the crazy ride. It's too long to proof-read and I'm feeling sleepy, so I'll do the proof reading in the morning but I know most of you are awake when I'm sleeping so I thought I'd go ahead and post for all you πŸ˜†

If people actually like this, I might consider continuing to write and develop this story. If it's a bit sketchy, blame Amrita πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Edited by shyam09 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

guenhwyvar thumbnail
Once a student inquired to his master about the nature of a honeymoon. The master, deep in age and wisdom, closed his eyes and meditated on the sun for a moment before taking a deep breath and opening his eyes. He gazed at his student with love for it was only natural that the student would ask such a question for his marriage was soon to be arranged to the daughter of the seer.
The sage stood up and walked over to a pile of scrolls. He carefully placed each one in a new stack until he came across one with a gold enclad scroll. He walked back to his seat and sitting with crossed legs, he unrolled the scroll.

"Here now from me dearest student of the honeymoon of the famed couple Arjun and Draupadi. This is a secret that was passed down from none other than Arjun himself who would write beautiful poems and songs about his and Draupadi's relationship. Unfortunately the sinful king Duryodhana of Hastinapur, once he gained control over Indraprastha, burned all the beautiful works Arjun had created during those prospering moments of joy. After the war, everyone was full of remorse to have created such wonderful works."

"So then sire, how was this scroll able to be saved?" the student inquired.

"This is something very few know. The maidservant and friend of the Queen Mother Kunti, Priyamvada, gained knowledge of what Duryodhan was going to do. She quickly grabbed one scroll and handed it over to the greatest sage Vyasa."

"But sire, why didn't Vyasa include this great secret in the Mahabharata?"

The sage smiled, "Dear student, will you inquire everything of the scroll before hearing it, or would you like to hear it first?"

The student blushed, "Pray wise one, have mercy and share upon us this wonderful experience not known to mankind."

The sage cleared his throat:

"I am an archer, a brother, a son, a student, and a friend. But above all, I am a husband. Dearest Draupadi, marrying you was the single most eventful experience in my life. My knowledge of archery could barely comprehend the skills of your eloquent fingers who so expertly stroke my hands. My firm friendship with Madhav cannot compare to the friendship that you have given me, and let it be declared universally that a wife, and only a wife, is a man's best friend. Oh darling daughter of Drupada, the night sky pales in comparison to your sweet complexion and the moon hides itself lest the world denounce it's beauty for the beauty in your eyes. I loved you, am loving you, and will always love you from the bottom of my heart and this is why I have decided to secretly keep a collection of our pastimes together. Rare as they are, I treasure each one like I treasure my Gandhiva, and I tuck them in my heart as I tucked my the poems the minstrels sing of you. I hope that one day we may be able to sit down in our old age. Me, with white hair and a white beard as long as Pitamaha, and you, looking as ravishing as you always are."

"Wow..." the student interrupted.

"Silence." the master said. He himself was immersed in the beauty of the writing and the student had all but spoiled it. "Now listen-"

"Oh my dazzling princess, the queen of all jewels, pray listen to the story of our honeymoon that took place, but a few weeks ago."

It was a unusually dark morning, the sun's rays were eaten by the numerous cotton like clouds. Arjun sat near his Gandhiva and sharpened his pile of arrows. As a warrior, he always wanted to be prepared and this meant dedicating a part of his day to constantly sharpening or upgrading his arrows.

"Hey honey." came a voice from the door.

Arjun mindlessly replied, "Hey darling."

"What are you doing?" the voice was much closer this time, as if the person was walking towards him.

"Just sharpening my arrows." Arjun sighed. It was boring work, but work indeed. He felt a soft hand on his shoulder and he reached up to stroke it. The hand was soft as butter. He let his hands rest for a moment before taking them off and going back to sharpening it.

"Arya."

"Hmm Panchaali?"

"Don't you get the feeling that we're kind of dwindling?"

Arjun didn't look up. "No, I think everything's great. Why do you ask?"

"Because, I entered the room and you still haven't looked at me."

Arjun sensed where this was going and smiled, "That's because you're always in my heart."

"Yeah yeah ... isn't that what Chitra said to Abhinath yesterday?" Chitra and Abhinath were theater performers who had enacted a particular romantic scene yesterday.

Arjun bit his tongue, he was caught. "I totally gave them that idea honey." He said quickly, hoping to cover up his accident.

Panchaali smirked and shook her head. She ran her hand through Arjun's long voluptuous hair and said, "Come Arya, let's go away for a weekend! It's the same old routine day after day in Indraprastha. Let's go on a trip or something?"

"Yeah, we can go to Dwarka. I hear Rukmini Bhabhi makes some pretty great food, Bratha Bheem would love it there."

Panchaali shook her head in annoyance. "I'm serious Arya, let's go somewhere."

"Yeah sure, anywhere you want to go darling."

"Promise?"

"Of course. When do you want to leave?"

"Tomorrow maybe?"

Arjun looked up from his arrow sharpening (Panchaali was standing behind him so when he looked up, he did not see Panchaali). "Tomorrow?"

"Yeah, we can plan on the go. Live life as an adventure!"

"And you're saying that?"

"Yeah, why? I can't have such great thoughts?"

"Alright sure. I'll go tell Jyesth, Bratha Bheem, the twins and Matashree about this. Maybe they'll come along too?" He put his arrow down and stood up.

Panchaali quickly grabbed his ear. Raising her eyebrows she said, "Why? Are you too shy to go with your wife alone?" She put emphasis on that last word.

Arjun smiled and turned around. Grabbing Draupadi's hand, he twirled her before catching her and leaning her to his left. As their hot breaths mixed, Arjun's eyes twinkled.

"Baby, shy is not a word in my vocabulary. Since you want to leave tomorrow, I have to make sure with my brothers beforehand since I am the commander of the army."

Draupadi swallowed. Maybe she was wrong, maybe Arjun was still as romantic as ever.

As Arjun leaned forward and puckered his lips, Draupadi too closed her eyes and puckered her lips. The close proximity had them both excited and they just wanted to start their romantic holiday now. As Draupadi strained her neck a little more forward, she could feel Arjun's hands slowly slide across her long longs. She could feel his strong hand behind her hair and she yearned, perhaps as much as Arjun himself, to kiss the mighty bowman.

But the kiss never came.

Arjun smiled as he lifted Draupadi from the ground into his arms. Draupadi gleefully giggled as he slung her over his shoulder, one hand over her legs and the other over her behind. He walked towards the balcony and holding tightly to her legs, he used his free hand to propel himself (and Draupadi) over the balcony. As they fell, Draupadi closed her eyes and hung tightly to Arjun. The descent was fast at first but it slowed down. When Draupadi was positive that Arjun was on the ground, she opened her eyes and saw their palace beautifully decorated with flowers, glowing with the brilliance of the many thousands of candles. She smiled when she saw a long purple sheet tied to a pillar on the balcony that reached all the way down to the ground. This was it, she was being kidnapped by her husband.

A safe distance away from the palace, Arjun who had been running all this time, gently lifted his wife and placed her in his arms. He stopped for a bit to gaze at she who had fallen asleep in such an awkward position. Arjun chuckled to himself thinking only his crazy cute wife could fall asleep in such a state. He kissed her forehead softly and whispered I love you. And he continued walking.

It was early morning when Draupadi's eyes had risen. She was still being carried by Arjun, who was perspiring extremely.

"Arya..." she said sweetly.

Arjun looked down and smiled. "Morning buttercup." He said cheerfully.

"Did you walk all night long?" she asked.

"Of course not." He lied, looking away.

She smiled to herself and asked to stop for a bit. Her innocent husband still could not lie.

Arjun grinned, "It's okay honey. I'm not feeling tired at all."

"I know you aren't, but let's just relax for a bit. Please?"

Arjun nodded and finding a large tree, he gently placed her underneath.

"Here," he said, protruding a water bag from a loop on his waist. Draupadi shook her head and reached for the bag.

"You first Arya." she said.

Arjun tried to hide his smile as he reached for the bag. "No, you first."

Draupadi wasn't one to let go. "Mmph ... you first Arya."

"No you first Arya ki patni"

"No, you!"

"No, you!"

This continued for a while until the water bag ripped and exploded over both Arjun and Draupadi.

Soaking wet, they both giggled. Arjun ran his hand through his wet hair and collected as much water as he could before flinging it at his wife. Panchaali squealed and jumped on Arjun and pushed him to the ground. She covered his entire face with her long black hair before giving it a good shake.

Arjun reached down and gently pushed Panchaali's knees to make her fall on top of him. Holding her in a tight embrace, they just lay there enjoying and appreciating the moment. A few minutes later, Panchaali wanted to get up but Arjun wouldn't let go. As she struggled to get up, Arjun accidentally (well purposely actually) rolled to his side and together both husband and wife rolled down the hill.
Arjun, being on top, quickly released his hold and pinned his wife. He grinned and shook his hair, hoping to cover Panchaali with some water again. Panchaali laughed and struggled to break free, but Arjun had her locked in.

They gazed into each other's eyes for a moment as if time had stopped for the two of them. They were lost and mesmerized by the fact that the other had saved their image in their eyes.

Arjun released his hold and collapsed next to her and sighed.

"Where are we jaan?"

She looked up at the blue sky and stared at the clouds before reply, "It seems like heaven to me."

Arjun smiled. "Heaven." He repeated. He turned to his side to face his dark complexioned wife. "Heaven is where you are darling." He said as he brushed her bluish hair from her face.
A soft smile formed on Yagnaseni's face when she heard this. She turned her face opposite of her husband and blushed. Arjun laughed and sat up. Leaning over, he exclaimed, "Ooh somebody's blushing pink like a pig!!" He grinned.

Panchaali narrowed her eyes and pushed her husband away. He was always in a teasing mood, even now. Hmph.

"Eyy." Arjun nudged.

She just ignored him.

"Eyy." He said, nudging slightly harder.

She looked away.

Arjun stood up and stared at the sky. "You know, I always do this. I act all romantic, I try to be the best husband I can, and then I say something to screw it all up."

He looked back down, "Eyy. Panchu."

She looked up.

"I'm sorry for being an idiot."

She stood up and smiled. "But you're my idiot, idiot." she said affectionately, as she wrapped her hands around him.

Arjun smiled and returned the embrace.

A few days of travelling in the jungle, Arjun unsheathed his sword and began to make a path in the jungle. Draupadi lowered her eyebrows in curiosity but remained silent, admiring the hot sweat that glistened in the sunlight as it rolled down the warrior's bare back.

She bit her lower lip and tried to restrain herself, while Arjun in front felt Draupadi's gaze penetrate his heart. He too bit his lower lip and tried to restrain himself. They both wanted to save themselves for their honeymoon.

After a few minutes of cutting down the jungle plants, Arjun stepped aside and let Draupadi go first.

It was a site to see. There, in the middle of the jungle, was an open palace. The open atmosphere smelled of nature, and she heard the luscious roar of a waterfall. Small animals came out from their hiding and peeked at the couple with great curiosity. A deer, enamored by the beauty of the dark skinned maiden, slowly walked over. Smiling, the goddess pet the deer and scratched it behind it's ear making it coo like a baby.

Arjun smiled seeing this and gently held Draupadi's hand. She looked at him and he looked right back. He gestured for her to step forward and she nodded and took her first step, but immediately stepped back.

Arjun hid his smile while Draupadi shot him an inquisitive and curious look. He silently expressed how nothing was wrong and she tilted her head as if thinking of the various possibilities.

She once again stepped forward and almost stepped back before mustering courage to hang in there. After all, the feeling of soothing cold water did feel wonderous for her feet. She looked down but did not see the water.

Shaking her head, she walked further. She felt a warm sensation at her feet. As she looked down, she could only see some grass. She turned to look at Arjun who grinned in delight.

When she made it to the palace entrance, a soft wind blew across her face, throwing her loosened hair back, right into Arjun's face. The latter did not seem to mind and for a second both stood frozen in time.

Draupadi stepped inside the palace and as she placed her foot on of the tiles, a rainfall of lotus petals, lilies, and roses descended from ceiling softly swaying by the cross winds of the various fans placed at different heights.

Mesmerized by the palace, she stood still taking in everything from the golden arches, to the ivory titles, to the various sculptures and paintings. Arjun secretly caught a lotus petal and propped it over Panchaali's ear. She immediately touched it and felt the softness in the petal.

"What is this Arya?" she said softly as she turned around.

Arjun put his fingers on her lips. "Shhh my sweetheart." And saying so, he pulled out a jasmine hair ornament and took a deep breath. He put his arms around Panchaali's shoulders and as they gazed into each other once again, he gently placed the jasmine in Panchaali's dark twilight hair.

"Arya..." she said, her heart pounding and chest throbbing.

"Jaan..." he said, his heart pounding and chest throbbing.

Their hot breaths mixed in the jasmine scented air and they could feel each others presence more closely. Arjun slowly lowered his hands from Draupadi's hair to her back. With one hand, he gently tugged at the laces that tied her upper blouse and with the other, he rubbed his hands up and down her back.

Feeling shy, she gazed down. "Not now Arya."

Arjun continued to gaze at Draupadi's beautiful face. "Muhje haak hai." He said softly.

Draupadi slowly lifted her eyes until they met the dark blue eyes of Arjun. Her breathing increased and Arjun could feel her heartbeating as if it were to burst from her chest and enter his heart. He leaned in and closed his eyes. Draupadi too closed her eyes and leaned in. They kissed. The softness of lips and the intense moment sealed the events of the night. Arjun's one hand was placed on Draupadi's back while the other was in her hair. They slowly made their way to their bedroom, enjoying each and every moment of it. They stumbled and tripped and fell, but each time Arjun's warrior instincts kicked in and he would tighten his grip and accept the fall, all the while trying to protect his wife. As they entered the bedroom, the aroma of rosewater filled the room. Candles were lit by the dozen and innovative, tinted bulbs were placed around them so as to perceive an illusion of a dimmed room. Outside the palace, musicians would softly sing romantic passionate songs on their harmonium.

As they reached the bedside, both fell on their sides onto the soft mattress and for a second they just paused. Draupadi started to laugh softly as she tousled Arjun's hair. This was magical.

Arjun paused. "Are you ready darling?"

Draupadi just grabbed Arjun and kissed him passionately. He returned the kiss and slowly, the two romantic couple finalized their marriage.
Edited by shyam09 - 9 years ago
Regina_Lupa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
shyaaam bhai!!!!

u govindized urself kya???
ots sooo cute n romantic...☺️

"Mujhe haak hai" aaawwwhhh 😳 😳

i'm at losss of words!! 😳 😳

Edited by Krishnaa_Nair - 9 years ago
Shriya95 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Ohh gawd!!! This was a super duper surprise!!!! Cute,adorable n super romantic!! I guess 50% credit goes to Amrita fr making u do this πŸ˜†
guenhwyvar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shriya95

Ohh gawd!!! This was a super duper surprise!!!! Cute,adorable n super romantic!! I guess 50% credit goes to Amrita fr making u do this πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I'd say it's more 99% Amrita and 1% me. What's a writer without an inspirational source πŸ˜›
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
No way... 😑
It was my right to commen first as Shyam Bhai had dedicated it to me...🀣
U see it was my inspiration...🀣

Just joking... πŸ˜†

Shyam Bhai...did I ever say that u r a genius?
Well if I didnt say before then I am saying it now...

U have an unparalled ability to blend romance n humour...
This is such a masterpiece...This is the Ardi that I love...so funny yet romantic...

And...'Mujhe Haak Hain'...☺️

I will bash u like I bash Draupadi haters if u dont continue this... πŸ˜‰
I really want to know wat happened after Arjun untied her...ahem...☺️

πŸ˜‰
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
And thank u so much for writing this...☺️...for me...☺️...oh my...I'm still ☺️ ☺️
guenhwyvar thumbnail

Originally posted by: amritat

No way... 😑
It was my right to commen first as Shyam Bhai had dedicated it to me...🀣
U see it was my inspiration...🀣

Just joking... πŸ˜†

Shyam Bhai...did I ever say that u r a genius?
Well if I didnt say before then I am saying it now...

U have an unparalled ability to blend romance n humour...
This is such a masterpiece...This is the Ardi that I love...so funny yet romantic...

And...'Mujhe Haak Hain'...☺️

I will bash u like I bash Draupadi haters if u dont continue this... πŸ˜‰
I really want to know wat happened after Arjun untied her...ahem...☺️

πŸ˜‰

🀣 that puts a lot of pressure, but this was dedicated to you, so if you want more crazy sexy ArDi, you'll be getting more crazy ArDi ... the question is ... how far can I go without crossing the line πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
AikaSheikh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh, GAWD!!! Glad I found this story. This is Super cute and romantic as well!!! I love it Shyam Bhai *can I call you like this? 😳*. You make me ☺️ and 🀣 at the same time.
Pliss, continue this story. Pretty pliss...!!! I would love to read more about them πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
Yagyaseni thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I am all laughing, Bhai!! What a sense of romance and humor!! And the combo was so deadly!!!O Mere Govind!! that 'mujhe Haak Hai' one was just so perfect for me that I was awwing!! Super cute, adorable and romantic to the core!! I just can't think of Arya saying all this but doing tho he can after all he has such a romantic best friend, my Govind!! And continue naa karne par I shall go and support Amrita to bash you!! Yagyaseni Ka Yeh Vachan!!