hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Why do they always show that the guys who have failed in love are nerdy/geeky looking? And then pyaar mein dhoka milne ke baad, the guy becomes sophisticated and rich. Another BT show, YHM, had the same situation. Come on, are only geeks who are ditched for better prospects? Does no one throw over a good looking guy for another?

(Or the plain jane is jilted for a beauty, but has a heart of gold. The beauty or another beauty is evil an always conspiring against the plain girl). Stereotyping has to stop in soaps and movies before the same can begin in society in earnest.

What do you think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Love has same stories everywhere how they can be represented is to be watched well in real life also such incidences take place so why not show variations to how the love has been tarnished by certain dynamics

The factors are always the same everywhere also in Vikram's case there is that childhood phase & adulthood phase where he has seen some uneasy behavior WRT to life marriage commitment we should wait and see what is projected..

He also knows what he talks when she tries to talk sweet he says don't start PJ so there many be many angles projected in any love story geek guy nerdy guy or stupid guy Failure in the side shown may be differwnt or close to reality So I would wait & see how it unfolds

Just my pov
AnuMP thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
What I want to know is how many poets go on to become CEOs in real life? ๐Ÿ˜†
hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
^^ True ๐Ÿ˜†

But then here Vikram is the owner
Ecrivain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
As much as I Agree with your post ..I want to know IF NOT THIS then What ๐Ÿ˜†
See the Indian tv has been or has become very stereotypical N IT MAJORLY NEEDS AN OVERHAUL ..ESP with the limited epis ..but the fact is tht The viewers n the PHs go with the time tested formulae which seems to give everyone the satisfaction n hence no one is breaking the old ...

So having said tht I feel that's it's ok to take or borrow ideas as long as there is a touch of difference ..as in an old wine in a new bottle done by Diff actors and in a diff story n a set up seems to fit The bill n set the ball rolling for all

A win win situation n hence the stereotype๐Ÿ˜†