-#::: Hiranyavarma Radheya - Aham Sharma - AT 29 :::#- - Page 5

Poll

The suitable time for revealing Karna's birth secret to public was?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

...Hemangi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: ..KarnaKriti..

Well then go back and catch up on it. 😉

Yeah... I already did my stalking & liking trip in the previous AT 😆
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Thanks for showing the map. It now starts to make sense.
1. Is the 3rd river Chambal that starts in the Vindyas the same as the Saraswati?
2. I thought that all 3 rivers converged @ Prayag.

3. One question - how was Adhiratha a friend of Dhritarashtra, if he lived in Champa - a part of Jarasandha's kingdom, while Dhritarashtra lived @ Hastinapur and rarely went out, unlike Pandu.

4. In the D&D thread a few weeks ago, Ananyacool mentioned that there are other Puranas that had it that Adiratha was a Kshatriya ruler of Anga, but that his wife Radha was a Brahmin, which was how Karna got the reputation of being a suta. Those sources however don't have Karna being born to Kunti

1. No The sanskrit name of Chambal is Charmanvati. It is nowhere mentioned in Vedas whereas Sarasvati is heavily praised in them. In Mahabharata, Saraswati is mentioned as flowing through Kuru kingdom, west to Kurukshetra. Also while describing Balarama's pilgrimage during/before war, it is said that the place of origin of Sarasvati is nearer to that of Yamuna & Balarama travelled to Dwaraka through Sarasvati. Then the river probably had its origin in Himalayas & its mouth around Rann-of-kuchch in Gujarat. Anyhow the big river dried up around 4000 years ago, due to various geographical and climatic changes. Based on various scriptual & scientific evidences, the small Ghaggar-Hakra river flowing through Haryana-Rajasthan has been confirmed as old Sarasvati. This is a rough route in which the old Sarasvati had been flowing.

2. Chambal joins Yamuna very much before Prayag. To be frank, no third river joins Ganga & Yamuna in Prayag. It is just a belief. Probably if has been created by our ancestors who travelled east & south after Sarasvati dried up, only for not forgetting the sacred river. Anyhow, the Tons river (in Uttarakhand) joining Yamuna is considered many by the original Saraswati as it matches with various descriptions of Sarasvati in Vedas/Itihasa/Puranas. Then we can say Sarasvati reaches Prayaga through Yamuna.

3. Vaisampayana said, "And it came to pass that at this time a Suta named Adhiratha, who was a friend of Dhritarashtra, came to the river Ganga, accompanied by his wife. And, O king, his wife named Radha was unparalleled on earth for beauty.
In this reference, it is not clear whether Adhiratha lived in Champa only. It is only said he CAME TO GANGA with his wife. It is possible that he found Karna in his visit to Champa, I think. I've not yet come across how Adhiratha became Dhrit's friend. It is also possible that despite being a Suta, he had been an important person in the society (remember, he had made Brahmanas to do the Jatakarma & Namakarana of Karna which was not so easy for a person of low regards). Also, I'm not sure the Champa where Adhiratha found was under the rule of Jarasandha then.Meanwhile, the basket floated from the river Aswa to the river Charmanwati, and from the Charmanwati it passed to the Yamuna, and so on to the Ganga. And carried by the waves of the Ganga, the child contained in the basket came to the city of Champa ruled by a person of the Suta tribe. Indeed, the excellent coat of mail and those ear-rings made of Amrita that were born with his body, as also the ordinance of Destiny, kept the child alive." This reference says Champa was under the rule of a Suta. So, I think, we can exclude Jarasandha. To add more to confusions, it is said that Karna grew up in Angas. And Pritha learnt through spies that her own son clad in celestial mail was growing up amongst the Angas as the eldest son of a charioteer (Adhiratha). And seeing that in process of time his son had grown up, Adhiratha sent him to the city named after the elephant. Why Adhiratha needed to 'sent' Karna to HP than to 'bring' Karna HP with him? I'm really confused now.😆 It appears like Adhiratha lived in Anga, but found Karna in Champa.❓

4. I'm always & 😆 when it comes to Puranas for two reasons- they were written at least 1000 years after MB and they mostly circumambulate around a single persona with a lot of variations in narrating the same event. So it is possible that the writers (I don't think they all are written by Vyasa) twisted original events to their convenience. IMO, it is convenient to discard ideas which contradict ideas of MB. I think Adhiratha is nowhere mentioned as a Kshatriya/king of Anga in MB. Also, if Kunti is not there in the picture, who will we blame as the reason for the harkats/tragedies of Karna?😆
Edited by Brahmaputra - 9 years ago
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Jamy, poll question for next AT:

In ⭐️B, who do you think loved ⭐️Karna the most?
  • Surya dev
  • Kunti
  • Vrushali
  • Dushashan
  • Krishna
  • Adiratha
  • Radha
  • Jarasandha
  • Sishupala
  • Other
I didn't include Dury & Shakuni, since both insulted Karna as a sutaputra. But Dushy never did, so fans of the legendary Dury-Karna friendship can vote for him. Since there are only 10 options

Another option - what's your favorite show of Aham's? Start w/ MB, and work backwards, until Chand ki par chalo

Incidentally, whaddya plan to call the next AT?

I'm sorry, I missed your post. Besides, poll questions are contributions of members, not my ideas. They already gave me question for this AT. I'll use this one for next AT.
Ipsita_Ipu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dhivyakrish31

I will send u the pics dear..but pic of karna running??? when..I think there is no such scene in starbharath

Ooh Thank u sooo much
Aur woo running pic...I think naa ki jaab Karn ka Kriraangaan mai entry hua tha taab aisaa 1 posture thaa jisse dekh kaar laga ki woo daur rahe haii...but I m not able to find that pic😭
-Everglow- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Brahmaputra

<font size="4">Hiranyavarma

Varma means armour, specifically a mysterious armour having powers like that of Divya Mantras.
Hiranya simply means gold/golden. It is the term used in Vedas to address the vital energy of universe which gives power and vigour to everything; the only thing which can make mortals immortals...
I chose this name as Karna's mysterious armour was made from Amrita, which made him immortal.</font>

Wonderful choice Jamy Bro!
-Everglow- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
7 pages already! 😲 Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS Karnalies! 🥳
keerthykrishna thumbnail
Congrtazzz guys for the new AT🥳 ...as usual awesome name jamy... @vani ..how r u now ?? i hope u r getting better ❤️ i have been reading a malayalam novel based on bhim lately..got it from my college library so took it...its by K.M.MUNSHI..but sadly nothing is been mentioned about karna i dont know why all bhim centered works ignore karna !! M.T's second turn..ehhh...it was better if he would have ignored..instead he presented him like the real villian 😭 in this work bhanumati is given much importance..she has got a sister jalandhara who adores bhima and calls him fondly as raja vrikodara..both of them are like sisters to krishna especially bhanumati. Duryodhan warns bhanu not to meet krishna as he considers krishna the prime villian for whatever happened in his life.But bhanu wanted to for dury's sake ...inorder to request for dury's long life n that dury should be made hastinapur's king.As dury warns bhanu, Jalandhara instead meets with krishna with the help of bhim n request on behalf of bhanu.krishna agrees too!! Bhanu was pregnant n one day she hears dury discussing he wanted to marry jala n collapses and dies..before she dies krishna cums ( it was restricted for men to touch woman aftr marriage if he is not her father brother or hus,especially if she is a woman aftr delivery,its written that even husbands cant touch before some rituals) but krishna cums n sit near her,holds her hands..After Bhanu's death dury realises her love n repents..The only good thing i found in the novel is Bhanumati keeps telling dury is not a completely bad man.He is loving.Dialogues r in normal ordinary language in the translated malayalam version,nothing special.Karna is mentioned two or three times giving angry looks to pandavas😆..thats it. nothing else is told about him.! 😕
kumki thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

New AT... Congrats everyone ..

The name is good Jamy as usual very apt for Karna., and it reminded me of Hiranyakashipu 😆
Sphinx. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: swathi.priya

New AT... Congrats everyone ..

The name is good Jamy as usual very apt for Karna., and it reminded me of Hiranyakashipu 😆

me too swathi !! first reading it I too remembered hiranyakashipu😆 but after reading Jamy's description..it is apt for Karna😃
Sphinx. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
HAI! Keerthy dear!! how r u and where have u been..again started stalking..and ur description about the book is 👏
thank u