EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Author' note -
I have to say last night is still high on my mind these two are incredible...just incredible.

Rare couples can have the kind of chemistry these two do and somehow as I recently heard a song penned by Gulzar Saab I couldnt help but recall these two. The composition one of the finest is a classic in my opinion which has not only inspired the content of this piece but also the title of it.

The title Panaah translated in english means - Shelter/refuge...the words synonyms for home as well. Home can be a place but sometimes its also a set of people or just one person...home is something that is impossible to define as per me. It is a mix of good and bad, the beautiful and the ugly - but your home assures you onr thing - you are never abandoned; nor can you abandon home. 

I may not be making a lot of sense here frankly but hope the piece does.

A special thanks to Doc (Eyes-Wide-Shut) for the help she provided me. I needed to be sure of the gist of the lines I have used for the epithet of this OS and since Urdu isnt my mother tongue nor even a language I can say I am very fluent in, I sought her opinion. 

The gist of the lines I have used has been penned by her, once again thanks a lot Doc πŸ€—

without further adieu lets hit the show .

As usual, NOT PROOFREAD.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Panaah

Main Kaynaat mein sayyaro mein bhatakta raha

dhoop mein dhool mein uljhi kisi kiran ki tarah

Main bhatakta hoon sadiyon se iss zamin pe

gira jo waqt se katkar ushi lamhe ki tarah

watan mila to zameen ke liye bhatakta raha

gali mein ghar ka nishan dhoondhta raha barson

pehle tumhari rooh mein

ab jism mein bhatakta hoon...

labo se chum lo aankhon se tham lo mujhko

tumhi se janmu toh shayad mujhe panaah mile

-         Labon Se, Aastha - in the prison of spring.

Lyrics - Gulzar Saab

The gist of these lines: The poet is saying that he is been roaming around this planet trying to find solace 'therav' in hindi but he couldn't find any until he met his beloved. He is pleading with her to kiss him with her lips and hold him with her eyes, aakhon se tham lo-I cannot translate this brilliance in English any better than this. This is about a man being a wandering soul for ages till he is in the arms of his beloved. 

Her husband has been quiet, extremely so ever since they set off.

It has her worried, she had assumed he would be happy, euphoric even at the turn of events but he seems lost in his head to her. She does not know what to do or say, so she simply stays mum; she can give him the time he needs.

What happened today was huge, no, even huge seems a small word to define the magnanimity of what transpired. Sure, they wanted this to happen, her family has awaited for this day it seems like forever and today when that life-altering event has taken place she had assumed the happiest of the lot would be Raman, he would be out of control in a good way but he seems so withdrawn, so completely.

She focuses on the road they are now on as he drives and it completely throws her off for a moment.  It takes her a moment to pause, reflect and understand their destination. She is baffled as to why Raman would want to go there but allows him to take her along in silence.

Soon enough the car stops in front of the familiar premises of the Aakash Ganga Society, their home. The restoration work going on in most of the homes is deafening. There is a flurry of activity going on, men going about their various works, neither of them even giving them a second glance.

She sees cans of paint unloaded from a small tempo, one unloading furniture, one that has electronic goods carefully whisked out by delivery boys.

Raman quietly takes in the surroundings as he gets off from the car, his eyes set on the balcony of their home. She has no doubt in her mind that his eyes are not noticing his surroundings, so unlike him; he is not even hearing the raucous sounds that are giving her a mild headache already. Her husband who is usually so hawkeyed that he would spot even a minor difference in the color of the paint of his car today is not even taking in his surroundings.

She calls out to him twice but he does not reply back, doesn't even look at her and she can't figure out if it's because he hasn't heard her over the racket or because he is still somewhere inside his head.

Finally, he looks at her, comes around the car towards her and extends his hand quietly.

She looks at him wide-eyed trying to read his eyes, his face but the mask that has been on his face ever since the moment in the court makes it impossible for her to get a read on him. so she does the only thing she can, she takes his hand. The moment she does that he pulls her forward and turns around towards the building, side-by-side now as they stand he slips his digits between the gaps of her fingers, entwining their hands in a fierce grip as he starts walking towards the lobby.

Quiet as a shadow she obeys his silent command and walks beside him as take to the familiar surroundings.  He marches on ahead on the staircase heading towards their home while she walks behind him in the narrow area, their hands still locked together.

Within moments, they are facing the doorway to their home. She recalls the awful night when their building went up in flames. It had been a day of heartaches and heartbreaks. The events of the night spelled disaster one after another.  They had been dressed in white that night, she remembers.  The color signifying peace, calm, innocence and protection; the night though everything turned out just contrary.   

That night robbed them - of the peace of their minds, her innocent friendship questioned, the calm that she felt was settling around in their marital lives jeopardized and even the roof over their head burnt to ashes.

Her heart aches as she recalls the events of that night but she reigns herself in. That phase is behind them, they have moved ahead, moved on now and what could be a better way to allow the realization to sink in than this moment, one in which her husband has held onto her hand tightly not to show dominance or possession but out of love.

She sees most of their place is done up.  Now only the final coat of the paint is all that is required to complete the work post that they can set up the place and move in.

He lets go off her hand and digs in the set of keys of the new lock for the door. Unlocking the door, he steps in as she follows him inside locking the door behind her.

The masons have taken a break today from their job stating the reason that this coat of paint needs to dry completely for them to put on the final one. It feels eerie to have their home quiet amidst a cacophony of sounds that surround them.

She sees her husband perusing their living room, the kitchen quietly. His eyes lingering at a particular spot for moments before he shifts them to another.  Quietly he walks towards the passageway and enters their bedroom as she follows him.

He scans each and every nook and corner of the room standing at the place where their cupboard used to be as she slips in beside him. She is about to place a hand on his shoulder when he walks away only to come to a halt in front of the wall where their TV unit was placed.

In what are his first words in about an hour he speaks up,

"Adi' cradle used to occupy this spot when he was born Ishita. I remember I would sit on a chair sometimes just to watch him sleep. He was so small, so beautiful to look at. I had heard some of my colleagues and friends complain about sleepless nights when they had a baby but Adi, he used to sleep the night away, only if he was sick or in pain would he stay up or if his nappies needed changing would he disturb at nights, otherwise he was such an easy baby. "

When he turns to look at her she sees the tears pooling in his eyes, the way his lips quiver as he looks at her, without a moment' delay she is in front of him.

"Raman..."

All she can do is whisper his name, as tears well up in her eyes. Why, why does he look so heartbroken, so upset now? She cannot fathom, cannot seem to understand what is making him cry.

"What's the matter Raman?"

He chews on his lip even as he shakes his head, runs his hand through his hair as he speaks up,

"That is what I am trying to figure out Ishita. That is exactly what I cannot understand too. What is the matter, what happened? What has happened to my Adi?"

"I don't understand."  She softly murmurs making his head snap, making him cross the minuscule distance between them as he holds her shoulders and looks her in the eye. His eyes bloodshot, his mask finally gone as his features convey his incredulity, his anger and so much more.

"Ishita don't you find this strange tell me? Don't you think it just came out of nowhere?"

"I do...but why are you so agitated? I know Adi' statement in the court came as a shocker to all of us, but Raman you need to calm down. I know, I do that right now probably a million questions are running through your head, you are trying to figure out what got into Adi but you have to get a grip over yourself too. Do not ask him directly what made him take this decision, he would close in even more and he would need to get relaxed first. When he is comfortable I am sure, he will open up to you. "

"I know, I know but I am frightened Ishita, I am terrified. I cannot seem to stop asking myself what happened that could have affected Adi in such a way. Why did he say in the court that he wants to stay with us? I have wanted that so much Ishita, so very much I cannot begin to tell you but today as I am getting what I so desperately wanted I cannot seem to shake off the feeling that my son, my Adi is hurt. Something must have happened, something huge to shake him so completely that he did not even want to look at Shagun in the court. I have been trying to figure out what could it be? He loves Shagun so much, what did she do to my son Ishita? What could that woman have done to my child?"

"Only Adi can answer that Raman, only he can but right now we shouldn't make him answer these questions. He wants to live with us, so definitely something must have happened that has shaken him but if we ask him what it would make him think we do not want him here, his presence is unwanted and we do not want that to happen. He has to feel safe and comfortable with us; once he does he would open up, I promise you that."

"You are right, absolutely right. He will, he will right. We need to give him time that's it. we can do that. He can take as much time he wants, after all...he is coming home and he is coming home to us for forever now. He is coming to live with us Ishita. Oh god, he really is coming back. I still cannot believe it is happening. This is for real right. I am not dreaming Ishita; please tell me, I am not hallucinating or anything."

She smiles fondly at him as she holds his hands tightly with her own.

"It is Raman, it's very real. Your son is coming home to you."

"Not mine but our son...ours Ishita, ours."

"Ours... our son Adi..."

She whispers in the faintest of voice as her eyes pool up. It isn't the first time Raman has acknowledged her as the mother of his children, she recalls the night she played a prank on him that scared him out of his wits, the night they lost their way and ended up having an accident on their way to the picnic, but this moment feels so much more than that day. 

It had only been words then; but now...now those words are about to become a reality. She knows Adi has suffered a lot, even more so than Ruhi and whatever made him say today in the court that he wishes to live with his father Raman must be humongous as she knows he, Adi doesn't like her, loathes her in fact. However, she cannot help but feel like a mother all over again; a mother that a son desperately needs. The child of the man she is irrevocably in love with needs her and she cannot and will not back out of it, for she knows its not only the son but the father too who needs her at this juncture.

Her beliefs affirmed in the next moment.

As soon as she whispers the words, Raman pulls her into a hug. His arms banding around her in the fiercest of grips as she hears him whisper in her ears,

"I am so glad I have you. I am so glad you came in our lives Ishita."

His simple words that convey his sentiment priceless to her over anything he could have said. They are in love and she knows they both know it. They haven't yet uttered the words that need to be said but she can feel his love for her in all that he does for her, in those glances he casts her way, in those moments they have been sharing lately more and more. She knows he knows what is in her heart as well. She can't help but recall the night of Shagun' sangeet when they had been so close, their whispered words and sweet nothings. She had been on the verge of confessing her love for him too when Mani had dropped in and interrupted them. At the moment, her friend bummed her out, but she thinks whatever happened, happened for the best. Perhaps that might not have been an opportune moment for them.

Her arms around him hold him just as tight.

"Don't worry Raman; we will take care of our son together."

"I know..."

He utters with a laugh as he finally loosens his grip on her enough to look at her, but doesn't release her from his arms.

"I know, I can count on you."

She does not know what has her smiling back at him as she does know - whether it is the sight of him smiling amidst tears, his faith in her or both. All she knows is, she never wants the smile on his face to fade away, to waver in the slightest.

It is when he is wiping away the tears in his eyes by rubbing his palms over them she cant help herself. She has to ask aloud the question that has been on her mind since they set off from the court.

"Raman...I need to ask you something."

"Hmm...go ahead."

"Why did you want mummyji to pick Adi and his belongings from Mihir' place. I mean we could have done it ourselves too right?"

"Is that the question you really wanna ask me Ishita?"

She cannot help but feel the flush on her cheeks when he looks at her so, it's true she didn't mean to ask him the question she just did and not only figured that out, he called her out on it too.

She looks away from him as she tries to get her thundering heartbeats under control. Somehow the moment changing between them as she realizes how close they are standing as she feels his breath on her face and finds herself unable to move back and put any distance between them. His eyes playing havoc on her senses that finally come to terms with the fact that hugged mere moments ago and this time...it was not because Ruhi was looking on at them or they needed to put up a show.  For the first time in their seven months of marriage, they hugged because they wanted too.  The recollection of the feeling of being in his arms, the warmth of him surrounding her has her longing for more already though she cannot even meet his eyes blushing beetroot red at the memory of their first real hug.

She does not speak up but can feel his heated gaze on her that has color rising on her cheeks and before she knows it, she is looking him in the eye, as he lifts her chin with the gentlest of touches.

"Go ahead Ishita, you can ask me anything."

"Why did we come here today?"

He understands her question and the intention behind it as he smiles looking at her as he later takes in their surroundings.

"I needed to believe."

"Believe in what?"

Taking her hand in his, as his fingers caress the ring he put on just days ago he replies to her without looking up,

"That it's really possible, to start over...rebuild what's been lost or damaged."

As his words sink in she understands why he needed to come back to this place so badly, the memory of what transpired cannot be erased as the event itself but they have not let it deter them. The fire that burned down their home damaged as much as it could; but they have not let that event win over them. They are rebuilding their home again. It is being put together again piece by piece, bit by bit and in just a few days, they will be back here - where they belong.

She releases her fingers from his grip only to hold his hand as she whispers.

"Of course it is, everything is possible if you put your heart into it."

"I know that now Ishita, I do...the part of me that had lost all hopes the day Adi walked out I wanted to shut it up. It would not believe still what happened. It would not let me believe I am about to have my family - all of it under one roof at last."

"You will have it again here, under this roof in this very place in just a few days."

"Not again Ishita...at last."

When she furrows her brows, his hands let go off hers as he stands impossibly close to her, only to hold her face in his hands.

"What I have with you is a family, a home; I never had it before...now that family is about to be completed Ishita that's why I said not again but at last."

"Raman..."

That is all she can say, all that escape her mouth as his words overwhelm her.

Her eyes unable to look away from him; words seeming inconsequent, not enough in the face of what he just said, what he just admitted too and gave her.

She doesn't know who made the first move, who crossed that thin line that always existed between them neither does she care in this moment. All she knows is in this moment she has found love again in the arms of her husband, in the way he holds her and in the way, her arms band around his neck as they kiss for the first time ever.

She has no idea, whose lips eliminated the distance between them,  who was it - her or him - that decided to capture the lips of the other by descending their own upon that of the other.

All she knows is in this moment they both can feel the love they have for each other in the way their lips mate.

All the feelings that have been unvoiced between them suddenly have found an outlet as they pour their pent-up desires in the kiss that leaves them breathless and stunned with its ferocity and passion.

MidnightMusings thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
*Edited

Aani for the first time I'm wishing to see Adi as IshRa's child.
How Adi reaches his saturation level and chose Raman for the custody. Omg.

The burnt and destroyed house (read hearts) now are re-built and became home.

The conversation between Ishita Raman :') Wanna see something like that in the show yaar.

😳

Thank you for the wonderful OS πŸ€—Edited by Liashna - 9 years ago
janu12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I am starting my day with this beautiful OS Aani...πŸ˜› As always beautiful writing, there are some books which I can read again and again.. and that's how it is for me when I read your OS.. I can read them again and again...😳

"That it's really possible, to start over...rebuild what's been lost or damaged"
"Not again Ishita...at last."😳😳

These 2 lines did it for me, loved how you have used Akash Ganga Society being rebuilt in this OS... Beautiful OS again!!β€οΈπŸ‘
Edited by janu12345 - 9 years ago
Ohgod! thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Aaaniii...πŸ€—πŸ€— I don't know how many times I've started replies to ur posts like this!! 😳 But believe me you.. Everytime I read what u write.. if u were in front f me, I would squeal in excitement and give u one long tight jhappi!!! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Imagination running wild tho suna hai.. But in your case, its always imagination running so tranquilly and so sublimely and so beautifully and most importantly so so meaningfully!!😳

Home! What can be anything more special than this place!! Even the walls will have tales to tell!! And just how very beautifully you connected their home to new beginning!! Its almost poetic!! I will not say anything more!! Like the couple who speaks less but still ends up speaking so much! I'll keep quiet and let your words do the talking themselves πŸ˜³Edited by Ohgod! - 9 years ago
Prriyam thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Amazing read! Lovely choice of words!
It is you and others on the forum with the matured ideas and conversations like these make me yearn for what YHM could be. 
-Srishty- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I'll be back later.

---

Aani I'm so glad that my first comment to your work happens to be this OS. You don't know me but since the day I started coming to YHM section you've been there and slowly I became a fan of yours and here I don't mean only your fictional stories, I read almost all your posts. They are entertaining and there's always a different and positive perspective to events. I've hunted down all your OSs too. My apologies for taking this long to comment but I'll try to reply from now on.

Coming to this story it is so well  and beautifully written. And it connects the dots in so many ways that it's hard for me to explain. Just like Raman found his soul when he fell in love with Ishita I feel that your stories complete what we see on the show and what CVs try to convey in between the lines.

Hats off to you for making Raman take Ishita to their home.. It's not only their house, it is where everything started and it is where it should have its culmination or at least start the beginning of the rest of their lives together with their family.

This has to be my most favourite piece of work from you, bravoπŸ‘
Edited by -Srishty- - 9 years ago
redwine1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Nice one Aani .. 
i loved the connect of the newly done house with the new life .. new beginnings .. very good thot .. just the kind of stuff one would like to watch on screen as well .. 

Not to many words exchanged .. coz thats not something this couple can do .. they actually don't need words .. coz they are so attuned to the other .. its only when their insecurities rear up that the problems in communication crop up .. 

Anyways . read an OS after a long time .. & glad to break the fast with ur sublime take .. πŸ˜³
Edited by redwine1 - 9 years ago
ABBY92 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Beautiful OS. The thought of Raman coming home, to very home where this story began tied up everything so beautifully. To have Ishita there by his side, his silent strength, it shows how much their relationship has changed. I enjoyed the whole OS but my favourite part was the end when Raman said "at last" he has his family as only with Ishita in his life now does he realise what he had before was not a real family. 
vidya.anand thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Beautifully written!
loved how u connected the fire in the house and whatever happened in ISHRA life!
loved it!
Edited by vidya.anand - 9 years ago