The Recurring Motif: Imran Siddiqui

soapbubble thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago
I missed the first half of the epi yesterday - and normally I rush to the internet to catch up but it was so sad I didn't have the guts to watch.
For an honorable man, his name, his reputation, his dignity is everything. And for some reason, Imran has had to take repeated knocks on this.

The humiliation of being cuckolded, of being betrayed by his wife for his friend.
The accusation of neglect and worse over his daughter's death...
and now, suspension from his job as a teacher for unseemly conduct.

Every aspect of his life has come under public scrutiny. It has given people a chance to talk about him in whispers, even loudly, to snigger about him and ... then there are 'izzatdaar' people like Yunus who like to kick a man when he's down. (Really Yunus is about to behave in a thoroughly vile manner acc to the precap!! ๐Ÿ˜ก)

The saddest part about being dishonoured yesterday was that Imran was beginning to believe in life, regain his hope. He was being optimistic about the future... a blow to the heart when it is beginning to bloom is very hurtful.

Unfortunately, he did not have the balance to withstand the cruel plot and subsequent attack. He went blindly seeking oblivion - to drinking himself out of his mind. Realising but not caring that he was once again damning himself in the eyes of those pointing fingers at him. Back to Square One and worse.

How is he going to be reinstated? And will everyone grovel and apologise enough to make up for this? I want to see that! I was hoping that it was going to be a brief scene but Imran has been chucked out of both schools and the tournament has been cancelled. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜•

Will the Principals not take into account that this man has single-handedly tried to bring the sport of tennis to life in the whole city? He has brought in sponsors, he has persuaded parents, he is touring the schools to coach students, he is collaborating with sports teachers in every school, conducting premilinary tournaments to bring the best forward... he deserves a Drona Award!

I know there is much for Imran to rejoice over in the future but still, yesterday hurt. ๐Ÿ˜•
Please share your thoughts.
Bubble
Edited by soapbubble - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nicki11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
agree kind of hated yesterday episode infect first time fast forward an episode of tum sath ho jab apnay.
spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I found something was off in Yesterdays episode. The way Imran kept on hitting the peon in front of everyone and grabbing his collar๐Ÿ˜• Nobody would believe him ๐Ÿ˜• Instead of making his point clear he just kept shouting. He makes it worse by consuming alcohol and coming home almost drunk dead.

I do understand that he is immensely hurt by these accusations again and again. Everytime something good happens in life he gets bogged down by these acussations which never leaves him.But drowning your sorrows in alcohol all the time is not the solution.
soapbubble thumbnail

Originally posted by: nicki11

agree kind of hated yesterday episode infect first time fast forward an episode of tum sath ho jab apnay.

too intense, no?
soapbubble thumbnail

Originally posted by: spidie

I found something was off in Yesterdays episode. The way Imran kept on hitting the peon in front of everyone and grabbing his collar๐Ÿ˜• Nobody would believe him ๐Ÿ˜• Instead of making his point clear he just kept shouting. He makes it worse by consuming alcohol and coming home almost drunk dead.

I do understand that he is immensely hurt by these accusations again and again. Everytime something good happens in life he gets bogged down by these acussations which never leaves him.But drowning your sorrows in alcohol all the time is not the solution.

You're right - Imran is not very controlled in his behaviour. He behaves like a desperate man and is perceived as a desperate man.

Drinking so much on the very same day! Very bad idea but the thing is he feels that is his only recourse. He give in to despair so quickly - very tragic.
Bubble
CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
after watching both the epis...i cried a lot...tears were uncontrolable...though it is just a show..but i js get connected to these characters so much that they seems to real to me...i was hurt when Imran was humiliated and was not given even a singl chance by that Principal or whosoever he was to clarify his side...i was so hurt looking at him that again this society gave him nothing but a piece of shit...again he is rewarded as sharabi and humiliated and will hv to face it more for this...somewhere thought that kids will somehow help him but watching that even kids doubted his intentions ,especially Najma...felt so bad...but afterall...they are kids...they'll believe what will be presented to them...epi was heart wrenching for me.
Yunus...loved how Imran gave him tight slap on his face infront of whole mohalla telling him that hm apko gunah se bcha rhe hain...Salman baig trusts him somewhere and after hearing this statement he'll trust him more..n i feel that he'll help him out or will atleast go to him to console him...of will give yunus his piece of mind that he dint do good by doing all this infront of whole mohalla...m waiting to get it know that how he'll be proved innocent and whole mohalla will to regret or to apologise for this...especially Yunus...he felt so bad for Imran ...
soapbubble thumbnail

Originally posted by: BabbaR_SheR

after watching both the epis...i cried a lot...tears were uncontrolable...though it is just a show..but i js get connected to these characters so much that they seems to real to me...i was hurt when Imran was humiliated and was not given even a singl chance by that Principal or whosoever he was to clarify his side...i was so hurt looking at him that again this society gave him nothing but a piece of shit...again he is rewarded as sharabi and humiliated and will hv to face it more for this...somewhere thought that kids will somehow help him but watching that even kids doubted his intentions ,especially Najma...felt so bad...but afterall...they are kids...they'll believe what will be presented to them...epi was heart wrenching for me.

Yunus...loved how Imran gave him tight slap on his face infront of whole mohalla telling him that hm apko gunah se bcha rhe hain...Salman baig trusts him somewhere and after hearing this statement he'll trust him more..n i feel that he'll help him out or will atleast go to him to console him...of will give yunus his piece of mind that he dint do good by doing all this infront of whole mohalla...m waiting to get it know that how he'll be proved innocent and whole mohalla will to regret or to apologise for this...especially Yunus...he felt so bad for Imran ...

Yes, Imran was abandoned by everyone except Mamu yesterday. Yes, he was not there to see Mariam's doubt about him but we know that even she was angry with him.
So far, Salman Baig has been most on his side, even without knowing the details of anything.

Yunus - what to say? So mean so nasty. Waiting for the day Yunus grovels in front of Imran.
Don't know how long it will be before Imran is restored to his job and his reputation is restored. But till then it will be very difficult to watch.
Bubble

SoreThumb thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Imy opinion might differ from others on this matter
hope thats not a problem

Originally posted by: soapbubble

How is he going to be reinstated? And will everyone grovel and apologise enough to make up for this? I want to see that! I was hoping that it was going to be a brief scene but Imran has been chucked out of both schools and the tournament has been cancelled. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜•

Will the Principals not take into account that this man has single-handedly tried to bring the sport of tennis to life in the whole city? He has brought in sponsors, he has persuaded parents, he is touring the schools to coach students, he is collaborating with sports teachers in every school, conducting premilinary tournaments to bring the best forward... he deserves a Drona Award!

I know there is much for Imran to rejoice over in the future but still, yesterday hurt. ๐Ÿ˜•
Please share your thoughts.
Bubble

I am not too surprised that its become a big issue..enough to have come in local newspapers
His history as an alcoholic was going to put a spanner and it did
I as a viewer have come to care for Imraan and am aware of the changes he is going through and would trust him but for the staff of the school, a guy who is alcoholic was caught with the same during school hours. Despite all his hard work with regards to sports, its a wrong they cant ignore, especially given Imran's history and reputation
The principal's of the two schools had to safeguard the students against a supposed alcoholic's tecahers influence. That is what someone would expect from a responsible school, wouldn't they? That priority be given to students welfare..which is what they did
His actual school suspended him pending investigation and has not fired him..thats a positive I see..hope for future

Its extremely sad that all this had to happen when Imran was finally starting to look forward to life again, but if i leave aside the fact that i like Imraan and root for him, from a third party point of view, I cant blame the school for what they did

Younis is a different matter altogether..he shouldnt have done that
Agreed as a resident of a socitey and as a father/husband, one wouldnt like an alcoholic in neighbourhood who can influence his family badly but he went to far

Sorry for the delayed comment...just caught up on Sat epi..now onto this week's episodes

PS: I have a couple of querries..if anyone can answer
does no one else in the mohalla/house hear the conversations that Mariam/Najma have with Imran/Altaf across the windows๐Ÿ˜•
and how is it that these people easily hear what is happening in the opposite house even when the inmates are talking in normal tones and not necessarily shouting across the windows ๐Ÿ˜•
soapbubble thumbnail

Originally posted by: NalayakShaitaan

Imy opinion might differ from others on this matter

hope thats not a problem

I am not too surprised that its become a big issue..enough to have come in local newspapers
His history as an alcoholic was going to put a spanner and it did
I as a viewer have come to care for Imraan and am aware of the changes he is going through and would trust him but for the staff of the school, a guy who is alcoholic was caught with the same during school hours. Despite all his hard work with regards to sports, its a wrong they cant ignore, especially given Imran's history and reputation
The principal's of the two schools had to safeguard the students against a supposed alcoholic's tecahers influence. That is what someone would expect from a responsible school, wouldn't they? That priority be given to students welfare..which is what they did
His actual school suspended him pending investigation and has not fired him..thats a positive I see..hope for future

Its extremely sad that all this had to happen when Imran was finally starting to look forward to life again, but if i leave aside the fact that i like Imraan and root for him, from a third party point of view, I cant blame the school for what they did

Younis is a different matter altogether..he shouldnt have done that
Agreed as a resident of a socitey and as a father/husband, one wouldnt like an alcoholic in neighbourhood who can influence his family badly but he went to far

Sorry for the delayed comment...just caught up on Sat epi..now onto this week's episodes

PS: I have a couple of querries..if anyone can answer
does no one else in the mohalla/house hear the conversations that Mariam/Najma have with Imran/Altaf across the windows๐Ÿ˜•
and how is it that these people easily hear what is happening in the opposite house even when the inmates are talking in normal tones and not necessarily shouting across the windows ๐Ÿ˜•

Oh, agree that the schools are not really to blame - as it is, they took a risk taking on a man with so many clouds over his name.
However it was easy to see that he was extraordinarily committed to his job, passionate about the game, raising awareness, raising children's game to competition levels... he went beyond his role as sports teacher of one school... I was just hurting on his behalf, but no blame to the schools, except that they could have avoided public humiliation of a man who was trying hard to find balance.

As for the windows... I have convinced myself that the windows of Majma's bedroom and Imtaf's kitchen are very close, even closer than the verandahs - so those conversations can be normal voiced and no one would overhear unless they were clued in. The galli is fairly narrow - they can even toss shoes across fairly easily and perhaps the sound corridor is extremely obstacle free ๐Ÿ˜†
Bubble

spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Oh, agree that the schools are not really to blame - as it is, they took a risk taking on a man with so many clouds over his name.
However it was easy to see that he was extraordinarily committed to his job, passionate about the game, raising awareness, raising children's game to competition levels... he went beyond his role as sports teacher of one school... I was just hurting on his behalf, but no blame to the schools, except that they could have avoided public humiliation of a man who was trying hard to find balance.

As for the windows... I have convinced myself that the windows of Majma's bedroom and Imtaf's kitchen are very close, even closer than the verandahs - so those conversations can be normal voiced and no one would overhear unless they were clued in. The galli is fairly narrow - they can even toss shoes across fairly easily and perhaps the sound corridor is extremely obstacle free ๐Ÿ˜†
Bubble

๐Ÿคฃ For the window mystery,๐Ÿ˜† The writers use it as per convenience๐Ÿ˜† Sometimes when they remember they talk in whispers and sometimes they talk so loudly but nobody hears them๐Ÿ˜†