Neil Is Better Than Devayani

Santhoshlee thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I think Neil is better than Devayani.. In some ways :) what do u think?
Edited by Santhoshlee - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

solembaum thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
I am also someone who like Anu and Rajat pair... but what Anu did was wrong... no two ways about it... she was beign mahaan... and doing charity and no one will want to be at the receiving end of that especially when it comes to marriage! who would want a daan mein mila pati? who keeps eyeing someone else? Anu just doesn't think straight when it comes to short term happiness of her family.. she just cannot see the bigger picture... once rajat told her that he loves her it was wrrong of her to force him to marry devyani! I would say devyani has a right to be pissed off! if she was told before the engagement and she still persisted then it is different... but she is thinking rajat loves her... so how will she know! true she had her suspicions... but the moment the proposal came all that vanished right? same way as it was not wrong of Neil to fall for devyani... it was not wrong of devyani to fall for rajat... he also flirted with her initially saying class missed her etc... and I remember an episode where anu tells devyani the guy was openly flirting with you... and if dev hugging neil was leading him on then rajat hugged dev as well... got her shoes, made a big deal about her being in the party, told the lie to take dev to camp... he actually said compulsory for devyani... and then shastriji says why not anushka ... so while I know Rajat said all that as instructor of a cadet whom he has high hopes from, for an infatuated girl all this was reason enough to think that the guy also could be interested in her... and whatever doubts she might have had about whether there is something on between rajat and anushka - that was cleared the moment the proposal came for rajat - ideally all of them - alka, anu and devyaani should have spoken about this thing openly and reached a conclusion about what they think rajat's feelings were .. but everyone hid things from everyone else... and then thanks to Minty and Nikki the engagement fiasco started... and then thanks to anu's stupid decisions it proceeded... is Devyani supposed to feel happy that her sister thought getting her married to the guy who loved her sister was the best thing for her???
Illuminati07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Santhoshlee

When neil got to know about Rajat and Devayani s Engagement.. He thought is brother loves devyani and Devayani loves Rajat... 1.He sacrificed his love for his brother and bestie 2.He refused his dad to reveal this to Rajat.. 3.He feels bad for Devayani s heart break and tries to help her This shows that he s a good brother and a bestie too. When Devayani got to know that Rajat loves Anu and Anu loves Rajat and she s the one who forced him to engage with Devayani... Then Devayani s reaction 1.She got mad at Anushka and feels that she cheated her 2.She didn't value Anu s selfless sacrifice and felt herself as the victim.. when clearly Anu is the victim 3.Devayani s ego got hurt that Rajat showing sympathy but didn't love her and he got engaged with her Just cuz of Anu.. And she returns the ring.. not cause she s selfless and wants her sis to be happy instead she returned cuz of her ego.. And Rajat is trying to convince her 4.Instead of feeling guilty for her selfishness and instead of remembering and following her "Free move on advice" to Neil.. She s upset? for what? Move on.. just like she advised Neil.. This one scenario shows the huge difference between Neil And Dev

I agree about Devyani's selfishness and all the things that happened earlier but I kinda disagree here..
For Devyani, she believed Rajat loved her. she was possessive about Rajat and selfish.. But Anu's sacrifice didnt make sense. Firstly no girl wants to be married to a guy who loves someone else. It might seem like sacrifice for Anu but for Devyani, it will feel like betrayal.. If Anu had confessed everything to Devyani on the day of engagement and then she had got angry, Devyani would have been the villain of the whole thing but in this case it was ignorance and unawareness on Devyani's part even if the ignorance is born out of inherent selfishness. Anu had no right to play god, even if her intentions were noble. she looked at the short term happiness for Devyani.

It is obvious Devyani would feel betrayed that her own sister couldnt tell her that the one man she is getting married to doesnt love her, betrayed because what she thought was a love match was infact a case of unrequited love and the sister whom she trusted so much let her go ahead with it.

There is one thing worse than a loveless marriage.. It is a marriage in which there is love but on one side only.

Anu's intentions were noble but that doesnt mean they were correct,, Any girl would have her pride and heart in pieces when the person she loves tells her that I got engaged to you because I promised that to the person I love and I will marry you for the same reason.

Edited by aashti - 9 years ago
Santhoshlee thumbnail

Originally posted by: solembaum

I am also someone who like Anu and Rajat pair... but what Anu did was wrong... no two ways about it... she was beign mahaan... and doing charity and no one will want to be at the receiving end of that especially when it comes to marriage! who would want a daan mein mila pati? who keeps eyeing someone else? Anu just doesn't think straight when it comes to short term happiness of her family.. she just cannot see the bigger picture... once rajat told her that he loves her it was wrrong of her to force him to marry devyani! I would say devyani has a right to be pissed off! if she was told before the engagement and she still persisted then it is different... but she is thinking rajat loves her... so how will she know! true she had her suspicions... but the moment the proposal came all that vanished right? same way as it was not wrong of Neil to fall for devyani... it was not wrong of devyani to fall for rajat... he also flirted with her initially saying class missed her etc... and I remember an episode where anu tells devyani the guy was openly flirting with you... and if dev hugging neil was leading him on then rajat hugged dev as well... got her shoes, made a big deal about her being in the party, told the lie to take dev to camp... he actually said compulsory for devyani... and then shastriji says why not anushka ... so while I know Rajat said all that as instructor of a cadet whom he has high hopes from, for an infatuated girl all this was reason enough to think that the guy also could be interested in her... and whatever doubts she might have had about whether there is something on between rajat and anushka - that was cleared the moment the proposal came for rajat - ideally all of them - alka, anu and devyaani should have spoken about this thing openly and reached a conclusion about what they think rajat's feelings were .. but everyone hid things from everyone else... and then thanks to Minty and Nikki the engagement fiasco started... and then thanks to anu's stupid decisions it proceeded... is Devyani supposed to feel happy that her sister thought getting her married to the guy who loved her sister was the best thing for her???

I Agree there are two sides of this story.. one is explained by me.. one is by you.. your thinking from Devayani s side.. Am thinking from the side of the viewers... When u look at that character... 1.Rajat flirting with Devayani... Being a guy I know that it's not flirting.. guys never Flirt in that way.. instead we behave like that with sister like girls.. Flirting is something he did with Anu.. 2.Rajat never calls.. Or texts Devayani..He always looked at Anu.. clearly.. any person could clearly sense that... 3.She has the right to be passed off.. if she looks at that thing.. Yes true..4 . Anu s move was stupid.. Yes that's also true..Rajat was stupid to promise Anu.. Obviously he knows the truth that Anu Loves him.. so it wasn't needed.. 5.When I written the post I kept devyani s character in mind.. over all character not just the situation.. Over all its clear that she is selfish and immature compared to other sisters.. Neil even though he did that immature act of committing suicide at least he respected his brother hood and friendship and didn't get pissed at Rajat or Devayani... He just got sad.. And depressed.. so that's the overall scene I was trying to explain.. that if u take Engagement Track she has right to be pissed off.. but if u take whole triangle track.. She just faced her karma
Santhoshlee thumbnail

Originally posted by: aashti

I agree about Devyani's selfishness and all the things that happened earlier but I kinda disagree here..
For Devyani, she believed Rajat loved her. she was possessive about Rajat and selfish.. But Anu's sacrifice didnt make sense. Firstly no girl wants to be married to a guy who loves someone else. It might seem like sacrifice for Anu but for Devyani, it will feel like betrayal.. If Anu had confessed everything to Devyani on the day of engagement and then she had got angry, Devyani would have been the villain of the whole thing but in this case it was ignorance and unawareness on Devyani's part even if the ignorance is born out of inherent selfishness. Anu had no right to play god, even if her intentions were noble. she looked at the short term happiness for Devyani.

It is obvious Devyani would feel betrayed that her own sister couldnt tell her that the one man she is getting married to doesnt love her, betrayed because what she thought was a love match was infact a case of unrequited love and the sister whom she trusted so much let her go ahead with it.

There is one thing worse than a loveless marriage.. It is a marriage in which there is love but on one side only.

Yes I agree.. Anu s move was stupid... And Devayani has the right to be pissed off.. This post doesn't says anything Against Devayanis getting pissed off or something.. but i was trying to analyze her character.. considering every little act she does.. if u just take this Engagement scene this Devayani has right to be pissed off but if you take whole track of Rajat Devayani and Anu.. Devayani faced her karma that's it
solembaum thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
In my opinion Neil's case is different totally.. No one played god with him! he loved a girl, she rejected his proposal, he was selfish and immature so he tried to commit suicide... but he didnt die... but in none of these cases anyone else interfered in his thing... it was between him and the girl directly... and finally he finds out that his brother loves the same girl and the girl also loves him... so he is not betrayed by anyone... he is just accepting a situation he thinks is the truth because he loves his brother... but his brother did not actively interfere or cause a situation detrimental to him...
Devyani's case is not the same... she loved a guy... she does not know about all the interactions between Anu and rajat... no one else has seen it... Anu has not even told her that rajat called her or anything... so she is clueless... but yes she has her suspicions... and anyway all that was cleared when rajat's proposal came for her... which seemed to her like a validation that rajat also loved her. .. of course she did do some selfish things there like not thinking of Neel while agreeing to the engagement right on top of her rejection of Neel etc... and till Anu came to know rajat loves her I did not have so much problem with what she did also... she thought rajat loved dev... but what she did after that was a betrayal of both rajat and devyani... no justification for it.. so obviously Dev is not going to feel happy that anushka donated her lover to her on a platter... and became mahaan while she is stuck witha guy who longs for anushka!! how is that for betrayal! so I dont think there is any comparison between Neel and her situation! and she does say that take the ring back and I dont want to be in a loveless relationship! she came out the best of all three for me!

In my opinion devyani now comes across as a realistic, self respecting girl who is generally forthright too!
Edited by solembaum - 9 years ago
Illuminati07 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Santhoshlee

Yes I agree.. Anu s move was stupid... And Devayani has the right to be pissed off.. This post doesn't says anything Against Devayanis getting pissed off or something.. but i was trying to analyze her character.. considering every little act she does.. if u just take this Engagement scene this Devayani has right to be pissed off but if you take whole track of Rajat Devayani and Anu.. Devayani faced her karma that's it

I know what you mean and I would have agreed with you 100% if it hadnt been for yesterdays episode or if Minty's plan had materialized... Because with Anu's decision, Devyani came looking out better.
Devyani's actions have been a source of irritation for all of us and I am still waiting for her reactions when she realizes that Rajat loves Anu but if Im asked whether Devyani is wrong in being angry with Anu then my answer is No. Devyani gives a lot of importance to Anu's opinion (despite of the bouts of jealousy). When someone places so much power in your hands, they expect you to take the right decision or at least be frank enough..
Anu betrayed that trust by playing God
Santhoshlee thumbnail

Originally posted by: solembaum

In my opinion Neil's case is different totally.. No one played god with him! he loved a girl, she rejected his proposal, he was selfish and immature so he tried to commit suicide... but he didnt die... but in none of these cases anyone else interfered in his thing... it was between him and the girl directly... and finally he finds out that his brother loves the same girl and the girl also loves him... so he is not betrayed by anyone... he is just accepting a situation he thinks is the truth because he loves his brother... but his brother did not actively interfere or cause a situation detrimental to him...

Devyani's case is not the same... she loved a guy... she does not know about all the interactions between Anu and rajat... no one else has seen it... Anu has not even told her that rajat called her or anything... so she is clueless... but yes she has her suspicions... and anyway all that was cleared when rajat's proposal came for her... which seemed to her like a validation that rajat also loved her. .. of course she did do some selfish things there like not thinking of Neel while agreeing to the engagement right on top of her rejection of Neel etc... and till Anu came to know rajat loves her I did not have so much problem with what she did also... she thought rajat loved dev... but what she did after that was a betrayal of both rajat and devyani... no justification for it.. so obviously Dev is not going to feel happy that anushka donated her lover to her on a platter... and became mahaan while she is stuck witha guy who longs for anushka!! how is that for betrayal! so I dont think there is any comparison between Neel and her situation! and she does say that take the ring back and I dont want to be in a loveless relationship! she came out the best of all three for me!

In my opinion devyani now comes across as a realistic, self respecting girl who is generally forthright too!

I respect ur opinion and point of view.. Am glad that this Engagement Track ended.
Santhoshlee thumbnail

Originally posted by: aashti

I know what you mean and I would have agreed with you 100% if it hadnt been for yesterdays episode or if Minty's plan had materialized... Because with Anu's decision, Devyani came looking out better.
Devyani's actions have been a source of irritation for all of us and I am still waiting for her reactions when she realizes that Rajat loves Anu but if Im asked whether Devyani is wrong in being angry with Anu then my answer is No. Devyani gives a lot of importance to Anu's opinion (despite of the bouts of jealousy). When someone places so much power in your hands, they expect you to take the right decision or at least be frank enough..
Anu betrayed that trust by playing God

I totally agree with u.. I was trying to say Neil was kinda not as irritating as devyani.. But I never backed up Anu.. it was stupid decision... Even it was stupid whenever she hidden stuff about Alka and devyani from Mr. Shastri... And I also got irritated when she lied to Rajat that her bt is Rajeev.. and stretched that track alot.. So I never backed her wrong Moves I was just thinking about Neil and Devayani s overall characters.. not just this one situation
Illuminati07 thumbnail
Now knowing you are a guy, I can understand the thought behind the post but you know it is very difficult for a girl to be tied to a person who doesnot love her even if she might be madly in love with him.
Secondly, every girl expects to be told the truth if there is any problem in her relationship that the other close sister/friend knows about and when the other person remains mum for whatever reasons, it feels like betrayal😊