pmahesh thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 19 years ago

Abbas Khan out of Astitva
POSITIVELY MIFFED: Abbas Khan ECSTATIC: Vishal Singh, who replaces Khan
Just like the riveting plot of a TV serial, there is an off screen twist to the tale of Zee's drama Astitva — Ek Prem Kahani.

Abbas Khan, the winner of Zee's talent hunt show India's Best — Cinestars Ki Khoj, won't be part of the show anymore. Barely three months after playing Siddhanth, he has been replaced by Vishal Singh (previously seen in Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa).

Said Khan, "I'm not interested in doing the serial anymore. My ambition has always been to do films. I was a part of India's Best and I took part in it to make my mark in Bollywood."

So why did he spend three months on the show? "I'd done a telefilm for the channel before, and when they asked me to be a part of Astitva, I agreed since I was excited about working with Ajai Sinha," says Khan.

He says he has learnt a lot on the show in terms of technical details, but he is miffed at the manner in which he was replaced. "I was told about the replacement at very short notice. Without getting into details, I'd rather learn from this experience and move ahead," he adds.

Khan, who hails from Lucknow, now plans to spend some time bodybuilding and improving other aspects of his personality.

"Television took a lot of time away from me, but now I want to recover on the lost time. I would shoot 16-17 hours daily which was quite strenuous," he says.

He says he is happy with his performance on the show, and the producers with him. "I would always come on the sets 30-35 minutes in advance. In terms of being professional, I don't think I gave anyone any reason to grumble," says the actor, who thinks he is better off joining his parents buisness than doing television serials.

Vishal Singh who takes over as the new Siddhant, says he is thrilled to be a part of the show. "I have started shooting and I've also worked with Nikki (Aneja) before, so its cool. The character of Siddhant has lot of interesting dimensions

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Akshata thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hey! That's some news!

Looks like the poll for replacing Abbas got noticed by the producers.

With the serial ending in July,Vishal won't have a long innings either,unless they have decided to drag the story.There's so much drama in the upcoming episodes maybe they needed someone who could emote better.

Wonder which episode shows his entry!!!!

Akshata

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Wow, this is great news, bcos Abbas was very bad in emoting. It was just proving to be bad bcos we see so good performances from most of the leading characters.

Vishal Singh is a pretty good actor, though a bit old when compared to the young Abbas Khan.

As Akshata says, what was the need for this change when the serial is to end in few days?

pmahesh thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
i think vishal is going to look very old- a fresh face would have been better! i think abbas was not very bad- he was raw but his rawness had some appeal.

I don't think zee is going to end it's most popular serial so soon- i think it is going to be dragged for some more time.
swathi thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I agree with Sree and Akshata...Abbas needs some improvement in the emoting dept. I watched a scene wherein he confesses to Simran as to how he was responsible for Aastha's attempted suicide. He kind of bows his head. Fora moment I was confused whether he was laughing or crying. Plus he looked very conscious abt the way he was uttering his dialogues in general (its a constructive feedback. I am sure he wud improve with passing days).

Vishal Singh is a decent actor with a good comic timing . Maybe now we mite see a bit of non-serious Sid. As u all even I wonder why the character was changed if the serial is going to end soon. I think he will suit the character as the character of Sid is anyways old as compared to either Aastha/Sia.

Swathi

innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pmahesh

i think vishal is going to look very old- a fresh face would have been better! i think abbas was not very bad- he was raw but his rawness had some appeal.

I don't think zee is going to end it's most popular serial so soon- i think it is going to be dragged for some more time.

i agree with all of this....

Edited by innocentindian - 19 years ago
HugabbleJaan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Agree! Pmahesh.. I think Zee wouldn't end on eof its popular serial just like that. Though, If I am correct ZEE Astitiva isn't part of the series on one of ZEE TV site. Will follow up with it as soon as I rediscovered it.
kkkripa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Vishal Singh is a good actor no doubts...but like somebody said a fresh face would have been a better choice coz after the leap there is a whole new crop of actors in ASTITVA & with i dont think so VISHAL will look fresh with them instead Ajai Sinha wud look for options.

tisha_bhatia thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I like Vishaal Singh and I think he will do justice to the role. Abbas was really bad - just could not stand him! Maybe the upcoming scenes require more emoting from the character and hence the change! lol
SimarikSmokin thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
finally sid was not cute at all and beside he didnot look like little sonu at all