tvbug2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

What an episode!! Started light and warm and sweet and then socked us one in the guts as it drew to a close!

There they were: the anxious, concerned mum hovering over her little girl who refused to let the dentist do his work. And the man a little removed, aloof, yet immoveable - a pillar of strength this late in the night. Who'd blame the dentist for mistaking them to be a family?
Shobha didn't deny it when he called Vikram her husband - it would have taken too much time and effort and emotion to clarify... Neither did Vikram expostulate, protest, joke. There was Jiya to consider after all. Why needlessly embarrass the little girl who was already in pain, and who incidentally didn't protest either... A tacit understanding then from all three that for the moment at least they were a happy family. What was the harm?
And so, the father succeeded in persuading his princess while mummy's back was turned, earning mummy's eternal gratitude and admiration. Then mummy wove her equally potent spell of love, and ice-creams, and soft, silken caresses with a gently fluttering scarf that stroked his face and left him at a loss. But not for long...
When the magical ride finally ended, they strove to come down to Earth. But even coaxing his secret out of Jiya would not stop the moonlight shining into her heart, just as scrubbing his seats over and over would not stop the happiness from soaking into him.
Came the harsh light of the day and drew forth some harsh decisions. She would sign on the lie...for her children's sake. And making uneasy peace with her conscience, Shobha went to work. There were more important things to do: like thanking Vikram for those words of praise; an acknowledgement, finally, from a man she'd come to trust and respect and whose opinion she'd come to value. The fact that he thought her brave and an example for her children...such balm to her self esteem, which had lain in shreds for so long now.
Of course, he wasn't going to let her thank him. He should have known the little girl wouldn't have kept the secret. Too late. Now, he had to stop Shobha thanking him. Of course it was embarrassing. More importantly, it was dangerous. What if Shobha realised that he just might feel differently about her from than he showed?...No he couldn't go there, or let her either. The mask must not be allowed to slip. The chink in the armour must be repaired before it could lead to any harm. And so he tangled her in words, until she was too confused to find her original strain of thought. Facades restored, they returned to work.
He was not to know of the poisoned dart that lay in wait. In the event, Tarun's ominous threat - divorce and loss of custody - struck with an accuracy that Tarun was right to have anticipated and gloated over. It blew up Shobha's freshly restored peace and confidence to smithereens.
Vikram, walking into the meeting room, intent on finding out what harm that swine had wreaked, could have had no inkling of the sight that met his eyes: Shobha in tears, on the floor, completely and utterly devastated! The point had effortlessly penetrated his armour and drawn blood.
An excellent episode, this one! Superb performances as usual from Sonali and Apurva. How much I loved Vikram's praise for Shobha, all the more sweeter because it was so unexpected. Again, it was just so heart-warming that he didn't deny his words when Shobha thanked him, but just brought their relationship back to the same keel it was on before, restored normalcy, returned control. Except that, even though they'd both like to deny it, their bond had altered, yet another brick of trust and respect and something more potent was building this foundation.
Shobha's naked distress was all the stronger for coming from such a strong, controlled woman - at least as Vikram thought her to be. What was most satisfying about the scene was, of course, Vikram's reaction: his shock, pain and fury, that his brave girl had been brought to her knees.
And so the story is set for next week's turning point: Shobha's statement and Samarth's return. But really, it's what Vikram does next that's got me waiting for Monday!
Meanwhile, some fab captures from Ultimaterudra for your weekend! Enjoy!😊
Edited by tvbug2011 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Beautiful take πŸ‘πŸ‘

thats what I like about the show .. not a single dull moment which u want to skip ... started offl ightly and then those emotions slowly gripped u ... thats been the case in most of the episodes ...

They did look like a couple , so cant blame the dentist for sure πŸ˜† ... Shobha was not too interested in clearing it out as well and even Vikram was all cool about it πŸ˜†πŸ˜³

In the end Vikram was genuinely concerned for Shobha today and dint like Tarun's body language at all and after he left , Vikram goes straight to meet Shobha in board room just to see if she is fine and when he saw her crying her heart out , Vikram was silently feeling concerned for her though he could not directly show it in words but he looked really worried for her and almost wanted to console her with his touch but somehow resisted himself from doing so πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³

I feel Shobha will now take Vikram's advice in this whole matter and this is where Vikram might tell his own life story to Shobha as an example so that she knows what exactly to do next .. Somehow I feel story of Vikram's parents might b similar to Shobha's story and this is where Vikram found that connection in Jiya πŸ€” ...I really hope Sohbha takes right decision now and refuses to b a fake witness in this case ...
subiaman thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I have always loved your takes in Rangrasiya... Am so happy you are here too... Will look forward to read your posts everyday...
-Shwets- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Sabs πŸ€—
Happy to see you make a post πŸ˜› Loved your RR post ...looking forward to reading your takes everyday .
tvbug2011 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jyoti06

Beautiful take πŸ‘πŸ‘

thats what I like about the show .. not a single dull moment which u want to skip ... started offl ightly and then those emotions slowly gripped u ... thats been the case in most of the episodes ...

They did look like a couple , so cant blame the dentist for sure πŸ˜† ... Shobha was not too interested in clearing it out as well and even Vikram was all cool about it πŸ˜†πŸ˜³

In the end Vikram was genuinely concerned for Shobha today and dint like Tarun's body language at all and after he left , Vikram goes straight to meet Shobha in board room just to see if she is fine and when he saw her crying her heart out , Vikram was silently feeling concerned for her though he could not directly show it in words but he looked really worried for her and almost wanted to console her with his touch but somehow resisted himself from doing so πŸ˜‰πŸ˜³

I feel Shobha will now take Vikram's advice in this whole matter and this is where Vikram might tell his own life story to Shobha as an example so that she knows what exactly to do next .. Somehow I feel story of Vikram's parents might b similar to Shobha's story and this is where Vikram found that connection in Jiya πŸ€” ...I really hope Sohbha takes right decision now and refuses to b a fake witness in this case ...

Thank you, Jyoti!! 😊 Delighted you liked it.
It's great to see you here!! This is such a lovely, subtle, classy show - really loving it.
That last scene twisted my guts and yet didn't leave a nasty aftertaste. Shobha's shock and slow meltdown was so naturally performed by Sonali that it was completely believable. Not one false note. No over-acting either. Just perfectly judged.
And then there was Vikram's shock at finding the woman he'd just praised to her daughter - the one he'd put up there for Jiya to look up to, down on the floor, in ruins!! The expressions in Vikram's eyes were telling - just said it all so plainly: his shock, his pain, his distress, his anger that someone should have done this to her, and yes, as you pointed out, his need to comfort her, to wipe her tears and make her stand tall again.
And then Shobha picks herself up, excuses herself in a steady voice and walks out the office!! ClapClap Bravo!! what screenplay!!
I'm not sure what to expect next, but with the precap all about Samarth's confidence that he'll be out...well, makes me think that he's going to lounge about in prison for a while longer.πŸ˜ƒ I hope so anyway.
Not sure about Vikram talking about his parents and past. Pperhaps, someone else will tell Shobha...let's see... and maybe she'll rescue him back some day. 😊
BTW, for some reason the like button is not working, no matter how often I click on it.Embarrassed
Edited by tvbug2011 - 9 years ago
tvbug2011 thumbnail

Originally posted by: surabi

I have always loved your takes in Rangrasiya... Am so happy you are here too... Will look forward to read your posts everyday...

Thanks Surabi. 😊 It's so nice to bump into you. Yes RR was a ride - such good times there. But I think this one is lovely too. Not sure I can do a daily post - at least not a daily review like this one, but will try for something as often as possible. 😊
tvbug2011 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ultimaterudra

Hi Sabs πŸ€—

Happy to see you make a post πŸ˜› Loved your RR post ...looking forward to reading your takes everyday .

Shweta!! πŸ€— Great to see you!
I really enjoyed posting my RReviews, but daily was a little taxing. I don't intend to review daily for this lovely show in the same way as I used to - not sure what I will do, but I'll let the show and my mood take me where it will. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ
subiaman thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tvbug2011

Thanks Surabi. 😊 It's so nice to bump into you. Yes RR was a ride - such good times there. But I think this one is lovely too. Not sure I can do a daily post - at least not a daily review like this one, but will try for something as often as possible. 😊

Bold- please do... Your command over the language and the way you describe each scene pointing out their subtle (hidden) implications are out of the worldπŸ‘.. I devour each and every word...
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
^ Beautiful take on the episode by u, Sabs! πŸ‘πŸ‘
Pinot thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
A lovely re-cap of today's episode!
Thank you! Just reading your take on the episode somehow, makes it so much better!
The relationship between the leads is changing so subtly in every episode that sometimes, it needs to be pointed out what has changed.
Shobha and Vikram's opinions about each other has changed a lot since they first met.
They are nudging closer and closer towards one another, and Vikram is realizing it more than Shobha. She is dealing with way too many other emotions, besides her growing comfort with Vikram.
Oh I am so looking forward to Monday's episode!
The collages reminded me that Vikram totally needs to lose that jacket!
What was that he was wearing today? And white trousers?
Please give him better clothes!
Edited by Pinot - 9 years ago