VAIBHAV tatvawadi n Mahesh Manjrekar in Bajirao Mastani

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Meet Ranveer's Marathi sisters

TNN | Nov 6, 2014, 01.36 PM IST

Meet Ranveer's Marathi sisters
Sukhada, Ranveer and Anuja

Sukhada Khandkekar, who was last seen in the Marathi serial 'Tuzha Mazha Jamena', and Anuja Gokhale from 'Rakhandar' have landed plum roles in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's upcoming period film 'Bajirao Mastani'. 

The film about the Peshwa general Bajirao and his romantic relationship with the beautiful Mastani, has Ranveer Singh playing the role of PeshwaBajirao and Deepika, essaying Mastani. Sukhada and Anuja are cast in the roles of Bajirao's sisters Anubai and Bhiubai respectively. Speaking about her experience, a visibly elated Sukhada said, "I had made it clear that I wasn't interested in doing mob scenes. So when this role of Anubai came my way, I was very happy as it gave me an opportunity to observe the working of a large scale project closely and be associated with one." Anuja, on her part, said, "It is a huge film with a stellar cast. I am not very sure at the moment about how big my role will be but I can say that Bhiubai played a very significant role in Bajirao's life." 

Sukhada recently shot some scenes with Priyanka Chopra, who plays the role of Bajirao's first wife Kashibai.
Source:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/marathi/movies/news/Meet-Ranveers-Marathi-sisters/articleshow/45056134.cms
Edited by AadatSeMajboor - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Vaibbhav joins SLB's Bajirao Mastani

Pooja Kulkarni,TNN | Jan 10, 2015, 10.58 AM IST
inShare
More
A
A
READ MORE Vaibbhav Tatwawdi|Sanjay Leela Bhansali|Ranveer Singh|Priyanka Chopra|Deepika Padukone
Vaibbhav joins SLB's Bajirao Mastani
Vaibbhav Tatwawdi
After Marathi actresses Anuja Sathe and Sukhada Khandkekar were cast to play Ranveer Singh's (who essay's Bajirao's role) sisters in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's period drama 'Bajirao Mastani', Vaibbhav Tatwawdi too has been roped in for the project. 

The TV and film actor, will be seen essaying the character of Chimaji Appa in the film based on Peshwa Baji Rao I and his second wife Mastani. Chimaji was Bajirao's younger brother and an able military commander who liberated the western coast of India from the Portuguese.
Vaibbhav said, "I feel lucky to have got the opportunity to play Chimaji's role. He is one of the bravest and most remembered warriors of Indian history and someone Bajirao trusted immensly. To adapt the nuances of Chimaji's powerful personality I am reading a lot on him."
Vaibbhav recently finished shooting a part of the film with actors Ranveer, Priyanka Chopra (who plays Kashibai) and Tanvi Azmi, who plays his mother in the film. He said, "Before my first shot, I became a little nervous as it is my first period film and the humongous set gave me cold feet. But having guessed my state of mind, Bhansaliji immediately asked me to take it easy. Tanviji too helped me feel at ease." Vaibbhav will resume shooting his part from January 10 onwards.
This is Vaibbhav's second big Bollywood outing. The actor will be making his Bollywood debut with Prakash Jha's 'Lipstick Wale Sapne'.

For a peek at the first look of actors Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra in 'Bajirao Mastani' click below.

Mahesh Manjrekar joins cast of Bajirao Mastani

Details
Category: Masala
Published on Monday, 22 December 2014 08:57
Written by Kiran Arora
With the second schedule of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's costume drama Bajirao Mastani taking off in a big way, there has been a noticeable swelling in the number of actors in the cast. The latest actor to join the impressive cast is filmmaker Mahesh Manjrekar who plays a Maratha king. Manjrekar who divides his time between filmmaking and acting was selected for his grip over the cultural dynamics of Maratha milieu and for his ability to deliver rousing speeches.

"In fact Mahesh had the whole crew stunned on his first day of shooting with his costumes and mastery over the rhetorics," says a source from the set. This is the first time that Manjrekar has teamed up with Bhansali.

Says a source close to the epic director, "Other than Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh whom he directed in his last film Goliyon Ki Raas Leela Ram Leela and Priyanka Chopra who did an item song in it, Sanjay Bhansali has made sure that the entire cast and crew in Bajirao Mastani is new. He is introducing at least 3 very promising new singers to sing in the music score that he has composed. The actors whom he is working with the first time include Tanvi Azmi, Aditya Pancholi and Mahesh Manjrekar."

Edited by AadatSeMajboor - 9 years ago