Forced comedy of errors

Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Forced comedy of errors

I am glass half full person and try to find the silver lining in almost all situations; the recent episode is one of those episodes that we would like to erase from our memories. A lot was left desired after some dismal writing and a severe case of amnesia on part of the makers. Having said that, I would like to offer my thanks to YHM team for the following:

This show has always been different and I applaud them for bringing up the plight of children stuck in a tremulous marriage. Of course keeping aside the poor script, lack of continuity, and technical problems the thought of bringing up a troubled child stuck between quarreling parents in genius. I wish this were given proper treatment, it could have been a beautiful track. They could shown Ruhi witnessing her crying mother, her drunk father, they could have shown her listening to the deafening silence between her parents, and the toll it this would take on the little soul. I hope that one day we get a conversation between Raman, Ruhi and Ishita, where Ruhi spells out her fear of abandonment and the restlessness she feels when she sees her parents fighting through a loveless marriage. Even though poorly executed, it's a stroke of brilliance to show this aspect of neglected children of troubled marriages on Indian television.

As uncomfortable as I was watching Raman misbehave and manhandle Ishita a few days ago I was thankful that an Indian show has the guts to show this ugly side of a relationship. Whether we like it or not, such uncomfortable incidents happen in a lot of marriages and the fact that this was shown on a prime time show where the woman had the guts to push her man down, shut him up, and call him 'dirty' and an 'animal' was much needed. A show that has women writers at it's helm I hope they do not forget this incident and address it. I do not want Ishita and Raman to forget that unfortunate night, it was a night where a husband called his wife, an unfaithful woman indulging in what I could politely call not lady like behavior. These are some heavy words used by a drunk man for woman he supposedly loves, and I just hope that the women of this show do not let their characters forget these words and just move on with 'nok jhok'.

I am also thankful for an Indian show to show a male female friendship creating insecurities in a marriage. Again leaving aside the poor execution and TRP creating drama, this move is brilliant on part of the makers. Happens a lot in real life where insecurities arise because of platonic friendship between opposite sex. I am glad that Ishita's character stands by her friendship and is not bullied into breaking it to salvage her marriage. Their marriage needs salvation but that needs to come from Ishita and Raman's communication and not breaking of a friendship.

One last thank you for making Shagun drive a drunk Ashok home, next time when my puttar is on his drinking escapade lets get him a driver.

If anyone from the YHM team visits this forum and reads our posts then I would hope they take the following message home.

1. Don't let a woman forget so easy that she was called a women working the streets, this needs a lot of exploration.
  2. Don't let a man forget that he felt emasculated by his wife because she couldn't make him feel secure about her friendship
  3. Don't let a wife forget that her husband is still caged in his past
  4. Don't let a husband forget the insecurity his wife endures when he mentions his ex wife

I just hope for the sake of the viewers we get some closure on these topics, I am not asking for a confession because I am not sure if these two are ready to confess their feelings yet. A lot of growing up needs to happen for these two characters to understand the nuances of love and the responsibility that comes with confessing their love.

I hope the team of women Ekta Kapoor put together for this show don't forget what they have started by bringing up the relevant topics through their show. I hope they have the conviction to see these topics through to their culmination.

I am sorry for this rather lengthy rambling lol

Edit: 

A very valid point that also needs to be addressed. Thanks G for bringing it to our attention.

Originally posted by: GanBarunFan

Similarly how white lies damage trust between a couple needs to be addressed too. White lies don't remain white when it hurts a person really badly, there are always consequences to our errors, even unforced once...they need to be addressed...otherwise the build up doesn't justify the climax to a track.

Edited by Eyes-Wide-Shut - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

madhubala123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Lovely post!! 👏 👏 👏
At last I found one meaningful post rather than complete bashing. I understand everyone has a right to be unhappy with a show or story or watever but suddenly u feel like the odd one out when you see things and no one mentions it, instead go on how everything has been ruined. 
So first of all thank you for listing the positives in this track. 🤗

Yes, even though dealt with high levels of immaturity, the Ruhi getting affected track is good. 
Just like you said, I still believe CVs are going to give a proper closure like the Mihir-Shagun-Raman track.

Many ppl said yesterday IshRa were back to bickering and the "stupid" writers ruined/butchered blah blah. But when I saw the epi, I felt that may be they are avoiding the topic. Ishita purposely put the bracelet in the conversation as she didn't want to hear Raman apologising for Mani MU. Or may be she didn't want to see her Raman as a weak person in front of her. Instead she brought back the Raavan Kumar who held his head high. Sometimes we just don't want our loved ones repenting. We want them happy and bck to normal. Things should be taken to the next level afetr that.

Now its upto the writers to actually show this and then show a confrontation where both of them share their insecurities. Again a track with lot of possibilities of heart-to-heart conversations rather than silly bickering.

For me this track is not yet over. Not until Raman acknowledges what he did to Ishu and not until Ishita acknowledges what she did to him. Or they can happily forget all this and get back to normal dil kahi rukta nhi scenes... but I wish it was the other way around.

Ruhi-Shagun relationship... Ruhi-Adi relationship. Need more light on this. Hope to see it during the marriage track.

Edited by madhubala123 - 9 years ago
janu12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey Doc (I guess thats how you are called 😊)
I totally agree with what you have said... this show is unique and i hope it stays that way... The past 2 episodes had so much potential.. i dunno what they ll show tomorrow but today was a missed chance...! A conversation between the leads is too much to ask.. I expected both of them to atleast reflect...what had happened the previous night was something HUGE...! And how Ruhi was brought into the picture today was a bit forced... 

Mani track has been poorly executed and i Completely agree with that.. 

👏 for the messages!

Sigh anyways hope tomorrow is a new day!
-Gan- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Doc ...you raised very pertinent points...they have done several things really good...but some things always tend to fall through the crack...but there are some issues that need to be given it's time to play out.

They cannot just wipe out what  an inebriated Raman said and did to Ishita and make it just about the bracelet which was really the least serious offense he committed. A woman's dignity is much more than a bracelet, no matter how expensive it is.

Similarly how white lies damage trust between a couple needs to be addressed too. White lies don't remain white when it hurts a person really badly, there are always consequences to our errors, even unforced once...they need to be addressed...otherwise the build up doesn't justify the climax to a track.

I'll still root for a conversation...they have done it before...why not now...a track that needs that the most?

Very well written..I hope the CVs do read this. 
Edited by GanBarunFan - 9 years ago
--Megha-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Beautiful Post Doc 😊

Yes they do show sensitive issues which is appreciated but I hope they justify the ending properly. 😊

I hope they dont show a woman pardoning and forgiving the people who have molested her like the way showed Ishita getting Param back, hope his ending is Justified. N Manhandling and physically or verbally abusing one's wife should also be treated carefully.

As far as Ishra goes m not keeping high hopes will currently take a break n might watch the serial if the makers show proper meaningful episodes. 😳Edited by mnr123 - 9 years ago
Shivi9926 thumbnail
A much needed post and as always bang on. After two intense and emotional episodes, this was utter crap.
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail

Originally posted by: madhubala123

Lovely post!! 👏 👏 👏

At last I found one meaningful post rather than complete bashing. I understand everyone has a right to be unhappy with a show or story or watever but suddenly u feel like the odd one out when you see things and no one mentions it, instead go on how everything has been ruined. 
So first of all thank you for listing the positives in this track. 🤗

Yes, even though dealt with high levels of immaturity, the Ruhi getting affected track is good. 
Just like you said, I still believe CVs are going to give a proper closure like the Mihir-Shagun-Raman track.

Many ppl said yesterday IshRa were back to bickering and the "stupid" writers ruined/butchered blah blah. But when I saw the epi, I felt that may be they are avoiding the topic. Ishita purposely put the bracelet in the conversation as she didn't want to hear Raman apologising for Mani MU. Or may be she didn't want to see her Raman as a weak person in front of her. Instead she brought back the Raavan Kumar who held his head high. Sometimes we just don't want our loved ones repenting. We want them happy and bck to normal. Things should be taken to the next level afetr that.

Now its upto the writers to actually show this and then show a confrontation where both of them share their insecurities. Again a track with lot of possibilities of heart-to-heart conversations rather than silly bickering.

For me this track is not yet over. Not until Raman acknowledges what he did to Ishu and not until Ishita acknowledges what she did to him. Or they can happily forget all this and get back to normal dil kahi rukta nhi scenes... but I wish it was the other way around.

Ruhi-Shagun relationship... Ruhi-Adi relationship. Need more light on this. Hope to see it during the marriage track.

I can see why Ishita didn't bring up the topic because she is the one who stands accused, but why Raman refused to acknowledge that night even though he is shown introspecting it. I have faith that the things that you mention will be addressed one day and I really do hope the bring in the Ruhi track because it would be a treat to watch. When these 3 come on screen there is a poetic beauty in those scenes. 
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail

Originally posted by: janu12345

Hey Doc (I guess thats how you are called 😊)

I totally agree with what you have said... this show is unique and i hope it stays that way... The past 2 episodes had so much potential.. i dunno what they ll show tomorrow but today was a missed chance...! A conversation between the leads is too much to ask.. I expected both of them to atleast reflect...what had happened the previous night was something HUGE...! And how Ruhi was brought into the picture today was a bit forced... 

Mani track has been poorly executed and i Completely agree with that.. 

👏 for the messages!

Sigh anyways hope tomorrow is a new day!

Hello Janu, 
Thank you for the kind words, and I totally agree Ruhi track was forced and that's why I am sad because this track has so much potential if done executed correctly. A conversation will happen, I still have some faith left lol
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail

Originally posted by: GanBarunFan

Doc ...you raised very pertinent points...they have done several things really good...but some things always tend to fall through the crack...but there are some issues that need to be given it's time to play out.

They cannot just wipe out what  an inebriated Raman said and did to Ishita and make it just about the bracelet which was really the least serious offense he committed. A woman's dignity is much more than a bracelet, no matter how expensive it is.

I'll still root for a conversation...they have done it before...why not now...a track that needs that the most?

Very well written..I hope the CVs do read this. 

G I couldn't agree more, I forgot to add the white lies part, I am gonna add it to the main post 😊...it is an important part that needs to be addressed. 
Conversation will happen G, it has to! These little moments, the stolen glances, standing near the balcony and being each other's support...all this is the USP of this beautiful show. The conversation will happen and it must! Main conversation ki script likhti hoon with all your help and then you tweet to the makers till they give us a conversation. They are turning us into annoying fans 😃
swathibalan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Never tht we would rant eh Doc.. 
There are so many delicate issues that could be highlighted and instead they preferred to show us how technically an episode can be screwed up (sorry for the language)..
even the intensity of the last few episodes was lost in this crazy one..Such a build up and then Phuss...
I seriously hope they show some effect on lil Ruhi caz of these constant fights and how these two resolve it..

On this "One last thank you for making Shagun drive a drunk Ashok home, next time when my puttar is on his drinking escapade lets get him a driver."
They gave puttar a driver when the tech crew seemed zonked out.😆

Made me think what else was lost in the fire? 😕
Edited by swathibalan - 9 years ago