Imran Siddiqui and the mystery of green chicken

Seebz thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Najma must have had her heart beating faster than usual when she ascended those stairs that led to her room. Her excitement about fitness would have gotten her in BIG trouble with Bari Ammi. She was grateful how her Ammi came to her rescue and ironically enough, homework became her escape! Day was still progressing and had many surprises under its sleeves! 'Would She really have to do her homework, now?' She must have thought. Or she could put it off for later, she may have wondered as she picked her blue pencil box from the floor which fell few seconds earlier and grabbed her notebook as she turned toward her study table. Her eyes threatened to come out of the sockets when they met the view.
Across her window was the window of where she saw 'Naye Padosi' chopping onions with teary eyes. In response, she rubbed her eyes to see the 'actual reality' and she saw 'Naye-Padosi' engrossed in 'onion-chopping.' She asked herself , "Yeh Hum kya Dekh rahe hai. Naye Padosi Khana bana rahe hain?" And What a timing! 'Naye-Padosi' found himself to be keenly observed by her 'Choti-Padosan.' He grabbed the plate and moved away from the window leaving an annoyed Najma behind with,'Arrey?' on her lips. It was very natural of her to say, ' Athwa Ajuba' when Mariam asked what she was doing. Good that she said it because it got Mariam in full on Curious mode when Najma expressed her amazement,'Naye Padosi' Khana bana rahe hain!' When She realized It was Imran Sahab in the kitchen, she was just as surprised.

Imran being imran, blamed Mamu for having to cook chicken because his Mamu could not prepared a decent dish. Who knew? Some time anger could lead to a good idea and he peaked through window again! What followed next was a part of routine when it involved Najma, she turned around and walked from window as he came to his window but he called out,'Suniye' he said to get some attention and she cleared her throat asking,'Aap ne humse kuch kaha!?' Of course he was, was there anyone else but he knew that she knew that! She loved irritating him didn't she? Even Before he can ask for help, he was asked if he can cook? Well now how should he ask the recipe. She will ask some more questions but she asked nearly politely,'How can I help you?' Then came her question one after another, he ended up saying, "Arre Bhaiya tum jao, humko Maaf kardo!' Hum bana leinge, tum jao'๐Ÿ˜† This girl was unbelievable! She was beating her own time-record when it came to irritate him! She threw her hand in air and said, 'Rehne dijiye, maza chakne dijiya, bara itraate rehte hain' ๐Ÿ˜† The very next moment she said, Okay, I'll help you!' Aap bhi kya yaad rakhoge!' He just looked on and she spoke again, 'Theek hai chicken ko pehle marinate kijiye!' Unaware of Mariam's presence, He said, "I didn't ask you, ask your Ammi!' Without taking another second, she replied, "Hamari Ammi idha hi kari hain!' She chuckled when he realised it. ๐Ÿ˜† So, She didn't mean to argue as he thought! She was actually helping in very Najma-way.๐Ÿ˜†

Thank God! cooking finally started and Mariam's receipe through Najma reached Imran๐Ÿ˜† By no means, it was some simple receipe, it had the 'tadkas' of Najju's comments which sort of irritated him. That was a treat to watch! Mamu's interuption worried Mariam as she said,"Pakde gaye Bechare!" How sweet only if he knew of her concern! He was nearly caught by Mamu but his luck favored him. He called her again, 'Chali gayin?' I liked how Najma quickly came back to save her 'Naye-Padosi' from tension. Then came Masalon ki baari, he stopped the moment he heard,'Darchini,' How does it look like? He asked Najma as if she knew. The interesting thing was Mariam's surprise at his ignorance, 'Inhe pata hi nahin daal-chini kaisi hoti hai kasie hain ye?" ๐Ÿ˜† I liked how Najma conveyed her thoughts across the window! His face was worth watching!๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜† Poor Mariam was a little late to stop Najma! "Bachche!" I tell you! Najma knew what she did and she stuck her tongue out when Mariam called her next moment! she does not know what kind of awkward situtaion she puts Mariam in.๐Ÿ˜† Mariam was reluctant to come to window but she came and helped him figured it out. What came next could mean 2 things just a simple reply to Najma or a indirect reply to Mariam's surprise for his ignorance of Daar-chini when he said,'Koi Zaroori hai sab ko sab kuch pata ho?' I know he was talking about Najma as he mentioned Tennis but Imran can be a little unpredictable! Right?

Najma-Imran's 'Nok-jhok' deserve an award! They never stop. Be it school or neighborhood. Be it Tennis coaching or kitchen coaching๐Ÿ˜† It was nice to see how he kept telling Najma to call 'aap ki Ammi' not Mariam Bi nor Mariam Sahiba! and Najma's Zidd, 'No, I won't. What would you do?' When Najma's cousin took her away, Mariam continued her coaching and after adding one thing after another to 'wok' he added few leaves of 'corainder' to his face. Usually it is aata or something I like it how 'Dhaniya' was used. Mariam had a hint of smile on her face to make us aware of her thoughts. She rushed out telling him to added last few things as Yunus Bhai came and it was funny how quickly their time passed and 7 minutes were over. ๐Ÿ˜† He asked if should close the gas as 7 minutes passed. Mamu's verdict will tell how well Imran resolved the mystery of Green-Chicken and I am sure somehow he will know how he made it! Maybe, Najma will ask her 'Naye-Padosi' at night๐Ÿ˜Š

I liked how we had Imran-Najma-Mariam scene in a subtle way. They are opening up to one another! Imran has helped Mariam on few ocassion, Now Mariam's help will win him the challenge!

I don't know if anyone else heard them exchanging comments in neighborhood or not but there is a possiblity though. Also, Mamu was in the same room then how come he heard nothing. Imran had to speak loud enough for Maryam to hear, right? Or Was he out?๐Ÿ˜•

When Cooking Scene started, I got the STRONG family vibe from these three! When my Dad cooks, he usually asks me to ask mom something about the recipe. They all seemed the same way! Green-chili got 3 ingredients to be delicious: 1) Imran ki Mehnat 2) Mariam ki recipe & 3) Najma ka attitude๐Ÿ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Nice take on The Green Chicken Episode.It was The Sanjeev Kapoor show with a lot of tadka.๐Ÿ˜†

There is a constant volley of words between Imran-Najma. They dont need ball to play tennis.๐Ÿ˜† I will distribute ladoos the day these two will have a civilized conversation.๐Ÿ˜†

Najma knows Imran so well. Now she knows how to infuriate Imran and have a bit of fun at his expense too. Loved how this whole green chicken scene was concieved, directed, acted and executed. According to me simple things are most difficult to execute and the makers are doing a fab job.๐Ÿ˜ƒ
CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Ammmazing post though lengthy again๐Ÿ˜†but ohk i loved whole of it...n felt al the scenes again with the same taste of green chicken๐Ÿ˜†
but Najma dint chuckle when Imran got to know that Mariyam was out there...she chuckled when she told Imran that ammi keh rhi hain uff ine ye b nai pta daalchini kya hoti hai kaise hain ye๐Ÿ˜†...she sadi that intentionally...it was so clear..n i loved Najma...even Ashnoor over there๐Ÿ˜†that more seemed like Ashnoor was njoying this scene to her fullest๐Ÿ˜›...
Green chicken...amazing timing๐Ÿ˜†...jab at nai to bna kyu rhe hain๐Ÿ˜†?Najma and Imran's bickerring alwayz leaves me all smiling๐Ÿ˜ƒ...whole epi was a treat to watch if they dint invite us for green chicken treat๐Ÿ˜†

well...after all its a show๐Ÿ˜†lets see if Mamu comes to know or not that Imran has took help from Mariyam sahiba๐Ÿ˜ƒ...but that was scary n funny too when he said 7 minute ho gaye hain gas bnd krde kya??๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜†...oh God...Najma saved her ammi for ones but this time no chances were there if Younis Miyan went to see for what this Sharabbi is calling out to whom??๐Ÿ˜†
that was awesome when Najma said zara upar kijiye and reply from Imran ab kya hath mein utha kr khde ho jaye??๐Ÿ˜†..Imran showing all the spices to Mariyam was class๐Ÿ˜†oh God...when one day he'll get married to Mariyam what will be the scene and how will he react...๐Ÿ˜†??m so into deep thoughts regarding this now๐Ÿ˜†

i'll give 10/10 to epi ,10/10 to recipe,10/10 Najma n Imran's bickering and 10/10 to that bit of hesitation among Imran n Mariyam๐Ÿ˜‰
Edited by BabbaR_SheR - 9 years ago
soapbubble thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
So it turned out well after all! Mamu is destined for ghulami - chicken or no chicken ๐Ÿ˜†
Seebz thumbnail

Originally posted by: soapbubble

So it turned out well after all! Mamu is destined for ghulami - chicken or no chicken ๐Ÿ˜†

I am glad that it did. I liked the bit when Mamu wanted to kiss his hand and he pulled it away! He feels guilty of not telling Mamu about the receipe. It is funny how he tried but ended up changing the subject. Imagine, Mamu sharing it with Jamal and figuring out it is Mariam's recipe!

I think Green chicken was not needed for Mamu to do life-time Ghulaami, He still has to bear Imran's anger with out any condition!๐Ÿ˜† If Najma gets to know about 'ghulaami' condition,' she will counsel Imran again,'Haww, Naye Padosi aap apne Mamu se Ghulaami karwaeige, Very Bad!'๐Ÿ˜†
Seebz thumbnail
Thanks a lot!
Seebz thumbnail

Originally posted by: spidie

Nice take on The Green Chicken Episode.It was The Sanjeev Kapoor show with a lot of tadka.๐Ÿ˜†

There is a constant volley of words between Imran-Najma. They dont need ball to play tennis.๐Ÿ˜† I will distribute ladoos the day these two will have a civilized conversation.๐Ÿ˜†

Najma knows Imran so well. Now she knows how to infuriate Imran and have a bit of fun at his expense too. Loved how this whole green chicken scene was concieved, directed, acted and executed. According to me simple things are most difficult to execute and the makers are doing a fab job.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Aww Thanks! Yes the episode revolved around 'Green-Chicken' and Najma-Imran 'khit-pit' they can go on forever!๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜† Poor Mariam gets tired of telling Najma to stop but she just goes on! Tennis is an excuse for imran to cover up his lack of knowledge of 'green-chicken' i suppose๐Ÿ˜† He couldn't believe his student will become his teacher in a way! Then, be prepared to distribute laddoo becasue they will have atleast one civilised convo in show's run!

In today's scene on terrace, Maryam asked her to be quiet and Imran replied, 'Qayamat aa jayegi jis din inka muh band ho jayega!' He instigate it in not an obvious way.

Yes scene was great indeed! All actors were amazing with Ashnoor giving the best expression! One or two of her iimmitations were good too. When she immitated Imran today, 'Khana hamare kitchen mein bana tha, aur kitchen mein bhi hum the'๐Ÿ˜† right infront of him without any hesitataion!๐Ÿ˜† THis girl is just tooo much! No wonder Imran gets Irritated!

She is happy to have his secret so she could blackmail Imran in future or tell Mamu whenever she wants!๐Ÿ˜†

This 'Nok-jhok' is going to become more meaningful for Imran if he continues to see Mehak's glimpse in Najma as he did in today's episode and in work-out session!
Seebz thumbnail

Originally posted by: BabbaR_SheR

Ammmazing post though lengthy again๐Ÿ˜†but ohk i loved whole of it...n felt al the scenes again with the same taste of green chicken๐Ÿ˜†

but Najma dint chuckle when Imran got to know that Mariyam was out there...she chuckled when she told Imran that ammi keh rhi hain uff ine ye b nai pta daalchini kya hoti hai kaise hain ye๐Ÿ˜†...she sadi that intentionally...it was so clear..n i loved Najma...even Ashnoor over there๐Ÿ˜†that more seemed like Ashnoor was njoying this scene to her fullest๐Ÿ˜›...
Green chicken...amazing timing๐Ÿ˜†...jab at nai to bna kyu rhe hain๐Ÿ˜†?Najma and Imran's bickerring alwayz leaves me all smiling๐Ÿ˜ƒ...whole epi was a treat to watch if they dint invite us for green chicken treat๐Ÿ˜†

well...after all its a show๐Ÿ˜†lets see if Mamu comes to know or not that Imran has took help from Mariyam sahiba๐Ÿ˜ƒ...but that was scary n funny too when he said 7 minute ho gaye hain gas bnd krde kya??๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜†...oh God...Najma saved her ammi for ones but this time no chances were there if Younis Miyan went to see for what this Sharabbi is calling out to whom??๐Ÿ˜†
that was awesome when Najma said zara upar kijiye and reply from Imran ab kya hath mein utha kr khde ho jaye??๐Ÿ˜†..Imran showing all the spices to Mariyam was class๐Ÿ˜†oh God...when one day he'll get married to Mariyam what will be the scene and how will he react...๐Ÿ˜†??m so into deep thoughts regarding this now๐Ÿ˜†

i'll give 10/10 to epi ,10/10 to recipe,10/10 Najma n Imran's bickering and 10/10 to that bit of hesitation among Imran n Mariyam๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks, It seems like my key board has a mind of its own!๐Ÿ˜† I think Green chiiacken ki shaan mein jitna likha ya bola jaaye wo bahut kum hai but I assure you this was shorter than the last post I made!๐Ÿ˜† so I did try๐Ÿ˜ณ I think Najma did laugh softly when she told Mariam was there and She stuck her tongue out when she told Mariam was next to her, watched the scene to confirm๐Ÿ˜† I know She conveyed Mariam's thought as if it were hers.

I wanted to note down all of Najma's expression but my post would have ended in a very looong essay๐Ÿ˜† Her dialogues and expressions were so good! yes Ashnoor was having fun, it was very obvious.

'Jab aata nahi to bana kyun rahe hain'๐Ÿ˜† Najma dear that's how he is trying to learn but wo abhi bachchi for all this to understand. all she can do is question his brains out and have the arguments when possible! It is interesting how Imran always react in slight frustation! tries his ways to keep her in line by telling her,'BAchhe badon ke beech nahi bolte' or calling Najma Naani or so. If I could, I would make as many avi as possible of their bits. They are naturally entertaining. Najma did ask him, 'Hamare saath green chicken bhi share nahi kiya!?' Imran was a little worried how MAmu may hear that! I am sure Mamu will get to know very soon! He has his dakiya pal Jamal and if jamal taste some of left chicken he will mention Mariam and it may lead Mamu to wonder!๐Ÿ˜›

Yunus Bhai will be super furious to know about tennis coaching and as well as kitchen coaching and as MAriam is starting to prepare some sample for his business, don't know what will lead him to think but anothert 'dhamaka' is coming up! Imran has to d something really huge to get his sharaabi image out of Yunus' mind! I don't think any epi is complete w/o Najam-Imran's argument, they complete the epi for us๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by Seebz - 9 years ago
CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Seebz

Thanks, It seems like my key board has a mind of its own!๐Ÿ˜† I think Green chiiacken ki shaan mein jitna likha ya bola jaaye wo bahut kum hai...sachi mein๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† but I assure you this was shorter than the last post I made!๐Ÿ˜† ....oh haan๐Ÿ˜†a bit for sure๐Ÿ˜†so I did try๐Ÿ˜ณ I think Najma did laugh softly when she told Mariam was there and She stuck her tongue out when she told Mariam was next to her, watched the scene to confirm๐Ÿ˜†...๐Ÿคฃ...u wanted to beat my watching๐Ÿ˜† I know She conveyed Mariam's thought as if it were hers.

I wanted to note down all of Najma's expression but my post would have ended in a very looong essay๐Ÿ˜† ....but i even njoy reading yor essays๐Ÿ˜†...the reason is u respond back to the reply...๐Ÿ˜ณHer dialogues and expressions were so good! yes Ashnoor was having fun, it was very obvious.

'Jab aata nahi to bana kyun rahe hain'๐Ÿ˜† Najma dear that's how he is trying to learn but wo abhi bachchi for all this to understand.๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿคฃ....yeah she is bachi...badon k mamle mein nai bolte๐Ÿ˜†...future abbu abi bot kuj seek rhe hain fr sikhaenge b๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†all she can do is question his brains out and have the arguments when possible! It is interesting how Imran always react in slight frustation!...i alwayz love that...his xpressions are alwayz awesome...which leads me to think more intense chemistry among both the leads๐Ÿ˜† tries his ways to keep her in line by telling her,'BAchhe badon ke beech nahi bolte' or calling Najma Naani or so....but guess what he said...vo din qyamat ka hoga jis din inkamuh bnd hoga๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†. If I could, I would make as many avi as possible of their bits. They are naturally entertaining. Najma did ask him, 'Hamare saath green chicken bhi share nahi kiya!?' Imran was a little worried how MAmu may hear that! I am sure Mamu will get to know very soon!...i want Mamu to tease Imran regarding this thingy...aha oho Miyan akele akele Mariyam bi se gup shup..hmein kano kaan khabar tk nai hone di...aur kya baatein krte ho btao btao๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† He has his dakiya pal Jamal and if jamal taste some of left chicken he will mention Mariam and it may lead Mamu to wonder!๐Ÿ˜›...Mamu chodenge to Jamaal will taste na๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†both are bukhd๐Ÿ˜†...vese tell me what qyammat xactly means๐Ÿ˜›?

Yunus Bhai will be super furious to know about tennis coaching and as well as kitchen coaching and as MAriam is starting to prepare some sample for his business, don't know what will lead him to think but anothert 'dhamaka' is coming up! Imran has to d something really huge to get his sharaabi image out of Yunus' mind! I..xactly...he has to..coz its high time now..that label is so irking...sharabbi...Imran is changing himself for his betterment and so he shud do something to remove that label too๐Ÿ˜Šdon't think any epi is complete w/o Najam-Imran's argument, they complete the epi for us๐Ÿ˜†.....mereko to khana digest nai hota agr unka argument na ho to๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
but i love Yunus Miyan๐Ÿ˜†...oh god in last epi...ye "o wow" kya hota hai๐Ÿ˜†n that was class when he said haan hmare scooter pe bethne se sharam ati hogi na apko...wooowww๐Ÿ˜†his xpressions were mind blowing๐Ÿ˜†