ruhi86 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I hv heard this show is based in The Good Wife, an emmy winning US tv show. If yes I really want to look forward to it as The Good Wife is the best thing on US TV currently n it's my all time favorite. It's about a lawyer whose husband betrayed her after many years of marriage n was caught with prostitute. Then he was send to jail for misusing public money being a state attorney n the whole burden came to Alicia, his wife
Then the show focused on her journey from a lawyer to the owner of a law firm n also on her relationship with her boss who secretly loved her since collage

Is d story line similar??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PyaarDostiHai thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't think so. I actually hope not... I heard in that show the woman went back to her husband and with the way the character of Samarth is being played out I hope that never ever happens.
This show might be loosely based on the good wife, but I doubt she's going to rise through the ranks to be Vikram's partner or something... Or who knows she might. Just have to wait and watch 😊
ruhi86 thumbnail

Originally posted by: PyaarDostiHai

I don't think so. I actually hope not... I heard in that show the woman went back to her husband and with the way the character of Samarth is being played out I hope that never ever happens.

This show might be loosely based on the good wife, but I doubt she's going to rise through the ranks to be Vikram's partner or something... Or who knows she might. Just have to wait and watch😊

No she isn't with her husband anymore. She never actually was after that incident. They live saparately in different houses she lives with her kids n her husband being the governor lives in governor's house . She tried for a few time to make things work but she never felt that love n told clearly to her husband last season that she can't love him anymore n she is now emotionally totally independent. It took her time n strength to get over it n Thts her journey .
Now they r publicly husband n wife n she is somehow using his governor stature as he used her always for his career n image. So she is giving him back in her own way n Thts y I live that show

I wanted to watch this show but can't as don't hv hibdi channel subscription :(

N she never became the name partner in her boss's company but they had a secret affair n thatS what made d show popular. He always loved her but she left his firm as she couldn't stop loving him n wanted to get away from him so started her own firm.
Edited by ruhi86 - 9 years ago
ruhi86 thumbnail
After reading the updates the storyline is similar till now. Will keep reading updates as can't watch here :(
PyaarDostiHai thumbnail
Oh I see. I heard she left the boss of that firm because she didn't love him but rather still loved her husband. But you're right it does take time to get over that pain, and I'm glad they showed that she got over him completely.
That being said, I don't think that's where this show is going... Indian dramas have a lot of drama, but in the end it's going to be about the right people "winning". Plus here, Shobha has no reason to stay with her husband despite whatever status he has because she works in a coffee company as a secretary, and I don't think she'll need Samarth's help to rise up. I'm very interested to see how Shobha's marriage plays out, as the kids are definitely a consideration here, but I don't know if Indian couples really do "separation"?
PyaarDostiHai thumbnail

Originally posted by: ruhi86

After reading the updates the storyline is similar till now. Will keep reading updates as can't watch here :(

Watch online? that's how I'm watching πŸ˜ƒ It's fun to watch so you should try that.
ruhi86 thumbnail
Yes u r right in indian shows it's crap n they repeats same drama
Sone shows start with a good n positive note but in d end they end up bring crap n illogical. Like in a show a woman reunited with her husband who tried to kill her. I guess in bani. It gives a wrong message

In The good wife, Alicia, the lead loved her husband before n even after the incident she helped him in getting out of jail after sex tape leak by being a good b supportive wife in d eyes of media n even help him run win election again. Her role is of a very ethical women who never supported or did wrong but she gradually changed fated stepping out in d world n finally in d sixth season she is running for state attorney herself. She never said she loved her boss at his face but she loved him n only stopped the affair as she was neglecting her kids. Even after that she loved him n tried hard not to by making him her enemy thr last season. She still carries him with her n eventually they separated forever(can't disclose how :( a big spoiler) but he became the reason of her final separation with her husband and he gave her a new identity indirectly. Do watch the show sometime :). It's in the 6th season currently n getting better.

I hope this show remains logical unlike other craps n will try to watch it online :)

got good reviewS until now
Edited by ruhi86 - 9 years ago
Ecrivain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Yes the show is inspired from TGW ..n it's Aweeome πŸ‘
kalyas thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yes, it has similarities and I think it is based off of that series... However, it has been made more suitable for indian audience..
And it is an Ekta kapoor serial so she will have no problem separating the lead pair ..
ruhi86 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kalyas

Yes, it has similarities and I think it is based off of that series... However, it has been made more suitable for indian audience..

And it is an Ekta kapoor serial so she will have no problem separating the lead pair ..

I wish it sticks to the good wife, as it's so perfect even after 6 years
N I never really like Ekta's seriels still thinking yo take the risk to watch it
Well in d original too the lead pair got separated so I hope here they roll b together finally
I don't want moral policing from Ekta.