"Hum jeena chahte hain, Maamu"

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
My fav. moment of the epi today...although I wonder what specifically caused Imran's change of heart...encouraged him to move on...😕

Was it Najma's words to him yesterday about what her mother says with regards to sharing your sorrows/troubles and lightening your burden?

Or was it just a general sense of tiredness regarding his past?...if that's the case, it was kinda sudden considering just a day back he was drowning his sorrows in alcohol yet again.

But then I think again...the moment when the kids...Fiza and Waqar so innocently let it slip yesterday that their parents don't want them being tutored by him cuz he's a drunkard...that pinched Imran...that might have been a subconscious catalyst for his renewed hope in life again...

This is quite a marked difference from the determinedly bitter and depressed man we saw a few weeks back...Imran not just wants to move on from his past, he wants to start a fresh chapter in his life...

And it was a lovely moment also for Maamu's reaction...the emotion on his face...brilliantly communicated by the actor👏...and the hug from Imran that followed...awww.

This is truly one of the sweetest relationships in this show😊...I absolutely love Imran-Maamu scenes👏

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Today was 50th episode. So he was celeberating 😆

Jokes aside, i think it was fiza telling him sharaabi in yesterdays episode pinched him. His bond with Najma gives him something to look forward to I guess.

Some of Mamus qualities reminds me of Guru. 😆 His Nagging, asking about food, gossiping abt mohollas and finding good qualities in padosi 😆

I loved that scene between Imran and Najma when he sees his daughter in Najma , that longing in his eyes and then realising that its just his imagination. That bit was so nicely done by him.

Yesterday Mariam told Naeema that she should atleast tell her sis about her meeting his fiancee. I think she should do the same and tell Salman Baig atleast about Najmas tennis. Especially after knowing his thoughts on women.

Today Saba did not back down when Younis asked the question again. And she actually tells him women today works in all fields.
Allbut1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
This scene was so, so beautiful and it made me incredibly happy!

Like spidie said, today was the 50th episode, and what better turn of events than to have Imran find the will to live within himself! The CVs have been dealing with Imran's character in very subtle ways, and today I finally understood why they brought in the property angle! Ever since they introduced it I was confused about what role it will play in the narrative, but now it makes sense! Imran is sick and tired of wallowing, sick and tired of people pointing fingers at him and surrounding him with false accusations. His past has given him nothing but grief and misery, and he is finally at a stage where he can see a life past it! Najma and their little tennis mission has given him something to look forward to, and sometimes something as small as a new hope for tomorrow can save a man from drowning!

For the first time since we've been introduced to him Imran is doing the mature thing. He is finally getting his sensibilities back and he has realized that if he has any chance of moving forward with his life, he needs to cut off all ties from his past. He needs a clear break and that is what he is seeking now! And of course mamu's reaction to that was so wonderful! I absolutely love this mamu-bhanja relationship and both the actors play so beautifully off each other!
CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AreYaar

My fav. moment of the epi today...although I wonder what specifically caused Imran's change of heart...encouraged him to move on...😕

Was it Najma's words to him yesterday about what her mother says with regards to sharing your sorrows/troubles and lightening your burden?

Or was it just a general sense of tiredness regarding his past?...if that's the case, it was kinda sudden considering just a day back he was drowning his sorrows in alcohol yet again.

But then I think again...the moment when the kids...Fiza and Waqar so innocently let it slip yesterday that their parents don't want them being tutored by him cuz he's a drunkard...that pinched Imran...that might have been a subconscious catalyst for his renewed hope in life again...

This is quite a marked difference from the determinedly bitter and depressed man we saw a few weeks back...Imran not just wants to move on from his past, he wants to start a fresh chapter in his life...n that too with Mariyam Sahiba😆...he has not admitted that yet but will for sure soon say that Bi to Sahiba to js Mariyam☺️

And it was a lovely moment also for Maamu's reaction...the emotion on his face...brilliantly communicated by the actor👏...and the hug from Imran that followed...awww.
really dude that was so sweet n cute scene...as he told his Mamu that he will sign the papers.."hm apne Mazi se najaat chahte hain Mamu ..hm jeena chahte hain"...a tear rolled down my cheek and they i felt so relieved😳
This is truly one of the sweetest relationships in this show😊...I absolutely love Imran-Maamu scenes👏

xactly i alwayz love Mamu bhanja scenes😃...i adore their relationship like anything
and that baingan thingy😆seedha 4o se 20 rs😆
well according to me this change is not all of so sudden...he is noticing Mariyam and Najma for so long now..that how they both r living happily...he is again with his passion...and trying to live again that...he has found a girl in whom he sees a future that is Najma...though wo itna bolti hai k kaan k keede nikaal leti hai😆...change seems all of so sudden but is not...might be he was pissed that childern called him a drunkard and so their parents dun want them to come near him..but that doesnt matter to him..he just wanna live again...n m loving this change in him😳
soapbubble thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
It was such a wonderful affirmation... so moving, so right.
Yes, Imran was hurt yesterday... it was as if an ugly aspect of the past reared its head just when he was relaxed, beginning to forget... he remembered the grief, the betrayal, the humiliation...

But life moves on. And there is nothing like NEW PROBLEMS to show you that. Najma's passion, the fact that he's undertaken to train her, her family situation, her need to keep it secret... these are the issues his life is made up of now.

He has to plan his schedule at Nabeel Public School with an extra hour of private coaching, he has to wake up early... and he has to engage with a young girl who won't brook the slightest laxity in his attention. It's a new lease on life.

I'm glad he has the courage to acknowledge it, say it openly... so impressed that he is capable of maturely severing his links with his unfaithful former wife... give her what she wants if that means he will have nothing to do with her anymore.

Mamu was moved beyond words - to him, it's worth that land and more if it means the old Imran is back.

Have I said how much I'm loving this serial? It's gorgeous.
Bubble
nicki11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I have seen so many indian shows and this is the first show I don't have to skip any scene and is so close to reality.

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I don't think it was about what Najma said. When Imran first entered the neighbourhood, he was closed up & everything was bleak. But now as he has settled in the neighbourhood both in a physical sense as well as a mental sense (new bonding with Najma & the kids, as well as a certain form of concern for Najma/Mariyam), he finally wants to let things of the past go, & live peacefully. So yes, partly it is tiredness. But I also think that partly it is due to Mariyam. Courtesy of the window, Imran has seen some low moments & is aware of Mariyam/Najma's circumstances. But yet, Mariyam lives on, lives for her daughter, smiles & dances with the blazer when no one is looking - all that has IMO made an impact on him. If she can live on, so can he, & this is especially since he's aware of the greater hardships women face in general yet Mariyam faces it with courage, & a certain amount of positivity.
Regardless of what the reason is, I am glad for Imran. Cheers to new beginnings, yet again <3
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: spidie

Today was 50th episode. So he was celeberating 😆

Jokes aside, i think it was fiza telling him sharaabi in yesterdays episode pinched him. His bond with Najma gives him something to look forward to I guess.

Some of Mamus qualities reminds me of Guru. 😆 His Nagging, asking about food, gossiping abt mohollas and finding good qualities in padosi 😆

I loved that scene between Imran and Najma when he sees his daughter in Najma , that longing in his eyes and then realising that its just his imagination. That bit was so nicely done by him.

Yesterday Mariam told Naeema that she should atleast tell her sis about her meeting his fiancee. I think she should do the same and tell Salman Baig atleast about Najmas tennis. Especially after knowing his thoughts on women.

Today Saba did not back down when Younis asked the question again. And she actually tells him women today works in all fields.

Wow we've reached 50 epis already? That means only 50 more to go before the usual CURSE hits?😆

Yes it does seem like it was the sharaabi comment from Fiza that hit home for Imran.

Haha Maamu obviously is Guru-inspired...but he's not as biwi-like as Guru was...there is the whole older guardian feel in his interactions with Imran as well...the way he watches out for Imran like he's his baby...and I love Maamu's "O ho ho, oh ho ho" comments each time Imran comes and tells him something about Najma/Mariam😆...and the way he gets grins out of Imran is just TOO cute.

Yeah the scene when Imran saw Mehak in Najma was very touching indeed...and the kid playing Mehak is SOOO cute...all golu-molu cuddly bear types...she has a very sweet smile...makes the scenes more heartbreaking each time they show Imran imagining her.

Yeah even I felt that Mariam should share this issue with Salman Baig atleast but I guess she still hesitates cuz if Salman finds out, it's likely Younis will too and she wants to avoid that hungama in the house as of now.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Allbut1

This scene was so, so beautiful and it made me incredibly happy!

Like spidie said, today was the 50th episode, and what better turn of events than to have Imran find the will to live within himself! The CVs have been dealing with Imran's character in very subtle ways, and today I finally understood why they brought in the property angle! Ever since they introduced it I was confused about what role it will play in the narrative, but now it makes sense! Imran is sick and tired of wallowing, sick and tired of people pointing fingers at him and surrounding him with false accusations. His past has given him nothing but grief and misery, and he is finally at a stage where he can see a life past it! Najma and their little tennis mission has given him something to look forward to, and sometimes something as small as a new hope for tomorrow can save a man from drowning!

For the first time since we've been introduced to him Imran is doing the mature thing. He is finally getting his sensibilities back and he has realized that if he has any chance of moving forward with his life, he needs to cut off all ties from his past. He needs a clear break and that is what he is seeking now! And of course mamu's reaction to that was so wonderful! I absolutely love this mamu-bhanja relationship and both the actors play so beautifully off each other!

Well I figured the property angle was brought in for closure only but I was wondering if they will draw it out more by showing a direct appearance from Imran's ex-wife...maybe that is being saved for later...I don't think is the last we're seeing of the property issue somehow...I feel this angle will resurface later.

This is a positive development from Imran but I don't know if it's permanent yet...for now it's good that he's TRYING to emerge from the past that bogs him down...I don't think he will be instantly and that easily successful though...it will be challenging for him as he battles memories of his daughter and his ex-wife.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: soapbubble

It was such a wonderful affirmation... so moving, so right.

Yes, Imran was hurt yesterday... it was as if an ugly aspect of the past reared its head just when he was relaxed, beginning to forget... he remembered the grief, the betrayal, the humiliation...

But life moves on. And there is nothing like NEW PROBLEMS to show you that. Najma's passion, the fact that he's undertaken to train her, her family situation, her need to keep it secret... these are the issues his life is made up of now.

He has to plan his schedule at Nabeel Public School with an extra hour of private coaching, he has to wake up early... and he has to engage with a young girl who won't brook the slightest laxity in his attention. It's a new lease on life.

I'm glad he has the courage to acknowledge it, say it openly... so impressed that he is capable of maturely severing his links with his unfaithful former wife... give her what she wants if that means he will have nothing to do with her anymore.

Mamu was moved beyond words - to him, it's worth that land and more if it means the old Imran is back.

Have I said how much I'm loving this serial? It's gorgeous.
Bubble

Yes you have...but you can say it again...we all repeat it daily😆😆...the show is lovely right now indeed...I fear nazar na lag jaaye😆

Lovely point you made about perspective...there is nothing indeed like new problems to put your old problems in perspective...Imran finally has something to challenge his energies towards...training and mentoring Najma...and that is what has given him a new lease on life.