Abbajaan - Asking the Important Questions!

..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago
I really loved how Salman Baig question Younis on his anger over the client wanting to meet with Mariam, and him insisting on not sending the women of the house out to work, etc. Salman Baig asks his son why he doesn't want them to send them out? Is it because of their safety? Or does he want to keep them entrapped between the four walls of their house?
Such powerful dialogues that really should make Younis think, but he walks away in a huff of anger. He really highlighted the importance of asking ourself why every so often. In society, generally, I think most people just do things because everyone else does them or because of some tradition, whatever it may be, and it's good to question ourselves and understand why we're doing something.

Abbajaan asks his son what's bad in Mariam working. Why can't women do the work that men can do?

And after hearing this, Mariam's beliefs in her own actions to send Najma to tennis are reaffirmed. ๐Ÿ‘ It's really wonderful to see Abbajaan's views. Hopefully he'll continue to be around to support Mariam and Najma๐Ÿ˜†

Beyond that though, I really liked today's episode. I thought the beginning section with the little fight between Imran and Najma was too funny. Playing hide-and-seek with Waqar ๐Ÿ˜† It was so sweet to see Fiza and Najma eagerly sharing their lunch with Imran! Telling him how good Mariam cooks ๐Ÿ˜†

I really loved today's episode! We'll have to see what Younis says about Mariam meeting the client though. Will he start rethinking?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Allbut1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
And Salman Baig continues to hit sixer after sixer!

What a brilliant last scene! Every line was on point and it was delivered so beautifully! Kudos to the dialogue writer for handling such important issues in such straight to the point and direct ways!
soapbubble thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Lovely post! ๐Ÿ‘
Salman Baig making such a crucial distinction - do you want to protect women or confine them? If there is a war on, or circumstances are so violent, then yes, it is necessary to protect and limit their movements. But to keep them indoors, just because it's the done thing - you haven't thought it through - then it's time you did think about why you're doing a thing, isn't it?

And Abbajaan is already thinking about Mariam's independence - thereby telling Younis that if her skills enhance the business, she is entitled to just wages and remuneration!!! Younis won't like that but Abba is still a strong voice in the household and if Mariam is useful to the business it's the start of her being able to stand on her own feet.

I felt very bad that she couldn't afford a Rs 120 wala badminton raquet for her daughter - isn't it unfair of Younis to keep her in such reduced circumstances, taunt her every now and then that she and her daughter are a drain on his money, and also not allow her to explore her own potential?
Mariam is caught in a very tough situtation - now this nakkashi work will really ease her a bit. Earn her respect in the house.

Bubble

Edited by soapbubble - 9 years ago
..Naina.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Allbut1

And Salman Baig continues to hit sixer after sixer!

What a brilliant last scene! Every line was on point and it was delivered so beautifully! Kudos to the dialogue writer for handling such important issues in such straight to the point and direct ways!

Totally agree! The way the writers penned the scene is extremely impressive because of the dialogues getting straight to the point, and honestly the fact that they weren't as specific, and more generally about women. I feel like the way Salman Baig posed the questions to Younis, made it seem like he was asking everyone in general, and particularly as viewer, asking me if that makes sense. I'm hoping it made viewers everywhere really think about the answers!
..Naina.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: soapbubble

Lovely post! ๐Ÿ‘

Salman Baig making such a crucial distinction - do you want to protect women or confine them? If there is a war on, or circumstances are so violent, then yes, it is necessary to protect and limit their movements. But to keep them indoors, just because it's the done thing - you haven't thought it through - then it's time you did think about why you're doing a thing, isn't it?

And Abbajaan is already thinking about Mariam's independence - thereby telling Younis that if her skills enhance the business, she is entitled to just wages and remuneration!!! Younis won't like that but Abba is still a strong voice in the household and if Mariam is useful to the business it's the start of her being able to stand on her own feet.

I felt very bad that she couldn't afford a Rs 120 wala badminton raquet for her daughter - isn't it unfair of Younis to keep her in such reduced circumstances, taunt her every now and then that she and her daughter are a drain on his money, and also not allow her to explore her own potential?
Mariam is caught in a very tough situtation - now this nakkashi work will really ease her a bit. Earn her respect in the house.

Bubble

I really don't remember the last time I've seen such a well written scene that just hits all the issues, and I love the way you worded that first paragraph! ๐Ÿ‘

The fact that we hear from Younis/Nasima about Najma and Mariam being an "added expense" for lack of a better phrase, really does make it unfair like you said. In that sense, I think Nasima ended up being more logical in today's episode, where she didn't necessarily want Mariam to explore her own potential, but in thinking for her own selfish benefit, asked why not have Mariam go out and meet the client. It will help with the expenses, and as she told Younis he has his daughters to think about as well as Najma.

I think even Saba asked him good questions in today's episode about why women working would affect the izzat of the family/house, and made him realize that his family is starting to question and maybe he should have answers. The fact that his daughter who generally doesn't seem to go too against what he says is questioning him probably served as a good shock. ๐Ÿ˜†

The work that Mariam does will help her grow as an individual and become more of an independent woman who will have the confidence to stand up on her own two feet, but I don't know how much respect she's going to get from Younis or even Nasima for the same. Abbajaan, for sure, is going to be her staunch supporter in the house and I'm hoping that won't change even after he finds out that Najma is learning tennis.

CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ..Naina..

I really loved how Salman Baig question Younis on his anger over the client wanting to meet with Mariam, and him insisting on not sending the women of the house out to work, etc. Salman Baig asks his son why he doesn't want them to send them out? Is it because of their safety? Or does he want to keep them entrapped between the four walls of their house?

Such powerful dialogues that really should make Younis think, but he walks away in a huff of anger. He really highlighted the importance of asking ourself why every so often. In society, generally, I think most people just do things because everyone else does them or because of some tradition, whatever it may be, and it's good to question ourselves and understand why we're doing something.
but Younis is a man...who is so rigid...nothing matters to him...nor even that now famles too are progressing...they too r taking lead...they too are becoming independent...even his own daughters owns the same thoughts...but no...if said no t one thing ...that shud be followed...he is really a very stubborn case...i love Salman Baig as he alwayz defends Mariyam and gives priorities to her...never let her js a widow of his son...but wants to see her happy and want her to live again...he is the only who thinks that she shud get married again...as he cant trust anyone if he passes away one day what wud happen to both mother and daughter after him...as the show is depicting the conservative society ...m so loving this all about the decency n all but there again i hate Younis's Nazariya...his point of view is so narrow towards females...the thing is that he sees al the females with same eye...not biased...but he shud change his perspective...its nothing wrong in this if Mariyam will help him in his bussiness...I wonder y Naseem suppoted Abaajann's POV...js coz it'll benfit them in future or she agve a thougth that Abbajaan was right...??i guess for her selfishness

Abbajaan asks his son what's bad in Mariam working. Why can't women do the work that men can do?

And after hearing this, Mariam's beliefs in her own actions to send Najma to tennis are reaffirmed. ๐Ÿ‘ It's really wonderful to see Abbajaan's views. Hopefully he'll continue to be around to support Mariam and Najma๐Ÿ˜†
...when ever Mariyam thinks to question him regarding this...she gets an indirect answer which she manipulates according to her own thinking๐Ÿ˜†...then too she shud share this with abbajaan though his POV is very straight rgarding females working or participating ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Beyond that though, I really liked today's episode. I thought the beginning section with the little fight between Imran and Najma was too funny. Playing hide-and-seek with Waqar ๐Ÿ˜† It was so sweet to see Fiza and Najma eagerly sharing their lunch with Imran! Telling him how good Mariam cooks ๐Ÿ˜†
lol he ate 3 parathas๐Ÿ˜†n laughed heartidly when he asked Waqar his tiffin...Waqar's xpressions were worth watch๐Ÿ˜†..hmne to kaha b nai apse..fr apne kyu liya hmara tiffin...itni badi bite๐Ÿ˜†...and see today's epi gonna more amazing na...extra tiffin for Imran saab๐Ÿ˜†
I really loved today's episode! We'll have to see what Younis says about Mariam meeting the client though. Will he start rethinking?
he will rethink coz his beloved wify has told that they have to get married to their daughters and Najma too...and so yeah they cant refuse such a big order without giving it a thought..๐Ÿ˜›

P.S.welcome...i alwayz noticed u in the liking members๐Ÿ˜›today looking at yor post was a good feel though๐Ÿ˜Š