Solace in love - Oct 27th

Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Solace in Love

"I'm not supposed to love you, I'm not supposed to care, I'm not supposed to live my life wishing you were there. I'm not supposed to wonder where you are or what you do...I'm sorry I can't help myself, I'm in love with you." ~Unknown

Naked love! That's all I could think when I watched today's episode. Ishita and Raman both exposed, naked for the world to see. No more veils to hide behind, no more walls around them, these two lovers unknowingly now are walking on the same path of hurt, betrayal and shattered hopes towards their final destination: LOVE

Ishita did not hide her tears today and neither did Raman, they both wept for the life they could have had. After being shattered Ishita found solace in the one thing that never lets her down, she looked towards her work! When Subbu left her she immersed herself in work behind that blue cloak to find solace from the heartbreak. This time around she went looking for solace in that blue cloak but even that betrayed her. A lady shattered in love and now shattered by the one thing that held her together, her work. When the last straw broke, so did Ishita's resolve and out came the hurt like a river flowing from her eyes. What she meant to say to the man that she loves, she said to her work, 'I came running for YOU, and you people don't even think once about others, I get angry because of people like YOU. You guys don't' care, YOU don't value people's effort, I am always nice to people but now I should start charging CANCELATION fees.' Oh my dear Ishita only if one could charge people cancellation fees for queuing up for your heart and then never showing up. You Raman owes you a lot more than cancelling on your heart! He owes you solace that even your ever dependable work denied.

Raman my man boy, naked today without his veil and his walls, his soul escaping his body wanting to take Ishita by her arms and ask her a million questions. Like Ishita found solace in work, Raman found solace in alcohol but even the ever dependent alcohol betrayed my Raman. He drank glass after glass wanting to get angry at Ishita, wanting to tear her from his life, wanting to hurt her so he does what he seems fair in a fit of anger, he throws away the one gift that brought him close to her: The bracelet of gold. Gold signifying the purity of their relationship, the piousness of their feelings and invaluable cost of their relationship. The bracelet signifying , she is always with him, around his wrist, holding his hand while walking on the torturous path of life.

He throws away the bracelet under the temporary solace of alcohol but when the high from alcohol betrays him, he feels naked without her, without his bracelet, he wants her, he needs her close to him, he WANTS the solace of the bracelet back on his wrist. Ishita's Raman prevails today when even being hurt by her he thinks of the thankless things she has done for him, she made him a father in a true sense, she made him a family man in a true sense, she gave him his family and his life a new meaning.  Behind the angry hurt Raman, there lies Ishita's Raman trying to raise his head amongst all the chaos, trying to find solace in that bracelet, trying to find solace in Ishita.  He proclaims loudly, 'Mujhe who tofa chaheya'! Puttar the gift of life is waiting for you at the door step of your heart, just open the doors to see yourself drown in the tide of love.

Both Ishita and Raman have embarked upon this painful journey unknowingly but travel together they must. Today, Raman spoke and Ishita heard, his eyes contained sadness while hers bled tears for the sadness she saw in his eyes, his heart hurt and her heart bled.  

Oh my dear Ishra you know where to look for the solace you so desperately seek, it's not in the bottle nor is it in the blue cloak. Ask yourself again and you'll know that the solace you seek lies in each other so deep.

Today's episode reminded of me the song Alvida from D-day.  What an apt of song for this love story.

Jaane kaise..
Tootte rishton se bikhre hai yeh pal
Maano jaise...
Gham ke palkon se chalke hai yeh pal

How is it that these moments are scattered from/like broken relationships?
It's as if these moments are tears spilt from the eyelashes of sadness

Kyun adhoori yeh kahaani
Kyun adhoora yeh fasaana
Kyun lakeeron mein iske, alvida

Why is this (love) story left incomplete
Why is this story left incomplete
In its fate, why is there "goodbye" 

Edited by Eyes-Wide-Shut - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

---CoCo--- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Well what can I say about this post. You have done wonders again. This is beautiful written and describes today's episode. I loved the performances by DT and KP. They both are the best in emotional scenes it touches your heart. Again neither are wrong or neither are right in their current situation. The only thing I found really annoying about the episode is they have these pity self talks but wont talk to one another and all these MUs increase. They make stupid assumptions about how one another are feeling but cant read each other at all. This can all be solved by having a grown up talk like every couple has. Communication is the key to successful marriage. No wonder this couple has so many MU about one another.Edited by cocololo123 - 9 years ago
redwine1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hiya Doc 

Under normal circumstances i could pen a longish reply to ur post .. but heres an honest one ... i am not able to string a sentence which makes sense to me .. that was the power of the written word of the last 2 episodes for me .. 

I have not seen writing this brilliant on TV in a long long time .. took me back to the good old days of DD when story writers did their job & delivered excellence. 
If cinema is the Directors medium .. Television is the writers medium .. & the last 2 episodes of YHM actually proved that adage completely ... it was the writers brilliance which shone thru 

Sonali Jaffar for the wonderful thot behind this track & how she swung it around to the start of the serial .. a new viewer of the show falls in love as much as we old timers did .. thats commendable .. how else could she reacquaint the new viewer on the past of Raman .. brilliant 

Ritu Goel .. the screenplay writer ... just speechless in awe .. what a scene she penned ..each & every one of them a master piece .. right from the re introduction of Param .. yes Sarika in the picture & Param strikes back .. of course he would .. a house which could have two bahu's who would be a victim of his lechery .. to the Sarika tussle with Ashok .. to the Bhalla's awe & then devastation at the hands of their 'aankhon ka taara" ... to the absolutely stunning breakdown of the love ... it left u gasping at every moment & for once when the frame freezed on the last shot .. u wanted to hold back & say .. 1 more minute please .. that was the sheer brilliance of scenes which u cud not get enuf of .. 

RitU Deora .. the dialog writer .. i am ashamed to say . i dont give this woman enuf credit .. she brings to life the sublime thots of the writers .. her dialogs for Raman's speech were so sublime .. it was unbelieavable .. it had to be penned by a women . only a woman cud reconstruct destruction to such a fantastic level .. each dialog brought to life Raman .. his insecurity .. his past .. his present .. there was not a viewer who could not feel the angst nor could understand yes this man was hitting at each one of the persons who he lost at the hands of .. over some he won .. over some he lost .. Sheer brilliance of the usage of her pen .. 

These ladies were the heroes of the night ... if i could i would award them .. the JODI's OF THE YEAR ( threesome i know kinky) ... 

This is humble bow down to them ... yes i am supposed to be doing analysis .. but well i am all analyzed out .. i read post & post on bashing .. of people asking if the writers know their job .. the least one fan can do .. is pen a post on the brilliance of these 3 women in delivering to us YHM the love which connects us all ... 
Edited by redwine1 - 9 years ago
EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
res
I am somewhat in a musical mood since two days Doc so after Ruby' post I would go the same way on yours...on her post the song that came to me was Dua from Shanghai somehow the song I recalled after reading yours was a classic - Raha gardishon mein har dum

You know this song is such a lovely, lovely composition I cant even begin to define it - to try to do so would be stupid of me, my parents are connoisseursof old movies and songs so I have grown up with them.

This song somehow felt to describe IshRa' plight to me so very much...

Raha gardishon mein hardam
Mere ishq ka sitara
Mere ishq ka sitara
Kabhi dagmagayee kashti
Kabhi kho gaya kinaara

both these lovely, broken people feel love isnt meant for them or rather they arent meant for it...the stars have just not been in their favors for this one aspect of life. His life was rocked when the woman he first love chose to leave him and she was stranded after the man she dreamt of spending her life with since the age of 15 left her...in each other they though they would find what evaded them earlier - he would get an anchor in her who would hold him together, who would hold him steady while she felt with him by her side...she finally would have what she thought was an impossibility for her - a life enriched with love, family.

Koi dil ke khel dekhe
Ki mohabbaton ki baazi
Koi dil ke khel dekhe
Ki mohabbaton ki baazi
Wo kadam kadam pe jeete
Main kadam kadam pe haara
Mere ishq ka sitara

They gambled again with destiny, with stars to have another chance, another shot - at love, at life and felt they lost again. He succeded and conquered the world but felt he is incapable fo winning the biggest thing in this world to him that mattered the most - the heart of the woman he is in love with.. even when he won he lost...he felt he lost to another man who shared the moments when his wife laughed and smiled, unaware that he was the reason she was smiling all along. 

She saw him succeed and that was her success until the moment she was stung by the venom of his words and things turned hazy for her as she wept. While he thought he lost her to another man who is her future, she thought she would never win against the woman who is his past, or so she had felt.

Ye hamaari badnaseebi
Jo nahin to aur kya hai
Ye hamaari badnaseebi
Jo nahin to aur kya hai
Ye hamaari badnaseebi
Jo nahin to aur kya hai
Ki usi ke ho gaye hum
Jo na ho sakaa hamaara
Mere ishq ka sitara

It occurred to them perhaps this was the cruel joke that fate would always play on them - that they would be destined to fall in love again - only to be rejected, discarded for a second time. To love the one who wont love them back is written in their stars.

Padey jab ghamon se paale
Rahe mitke mitne waale
Padey jab ghamon se paale
Rahe mitke mitne waale
Jisey maut ne na poochha
Use zindagi ne maara
Mere ishq ka sitara
Kabhi dagmagayee kashti
Kabhi kho gaya kinaara

They resolved to not fall weak...so what they lost what they thought they wanted...it wasnt found in the first place, they had made no promises to each other, their' s was always a simple straightforward deal - and they would abide by it. This woe wouldnt break them or even if it did, they wouldnt show it... life would be hell but they would brave on. After all you cant fight destiny.
Edited by EkPaheli - 9 years ago
malaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Brilliant post...Thanks for sharing...They are one door away from their destination - their love. Please open it fast Raman and Ishita.
daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Res...
Will take tym doc... May b 10 days or so...😊😳
Edited by daydreamers - 9 years ago
-Gan- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I'll sound repetitive...  But Doc .. How do you write so soulfully... In the sense what you write touches the soul. Love your writing especially when you talk about feelings of love.

They are like two lost satellites looking for the homing device which will guide them back where they belong, in each other's hearts . He wanted too chuck her away from his life for what he perceived  as her cold hearted betrayal  and she wanted to demand an answer. Both coping with the feeling of being unwanted by their spouse .. Their love , unrequited. 
And it hurt them ... As they had started believing in love again , felt the love in the others eyes... Had opened their arms to embrace it... When rejection was all they got. He saw her utter the words he craved for, to someone else... And she heard him again talk only about his ex-wife... In her eyes his venom held the connection which she thought he had severed. 

They reacted in self-defense... He throwing away the bracelet ... She lashing at anyone in her way... But eventually their heart gave in... He searched frantically for the discarded bracelet, only finding little peace caressing it with his fingers...and she cried her heart out...both wanting solace in love.. In each other's embrace .. In each other's heart 

Loved the episode today ...so much love in the midst of so much heartache. 
Edited by GanBarunFan - 9 years ago
nividances thumbnail
Nice post and analysis of today's episode! You really do have a way with words! 
You talked about both Raman and Ishita in your post, but while watching the episode Ishita's behavior stuck out to me more (I guess because I have never seen such a broken, angry Ishita before). One particular moment that was striking for me was when Ishita is sitting in the car, after she has lashed out at Mrs.Verma. She says something along the lines of, "you are acting like an angry Raman today" (forgive me for not getting the exact dialogue). But that was just a moment that made me want to scream at her. She realized that she is acting like Raman so the next step would be to realize that Raman acts like this because he goes through the same emotional turmoil that is affecting her (there's definitely a more articulate way to say that 😆). Ishita is most definitely better than Raman at covering up her emotions, but the fact that she reacted to heartbreak in the same way that Raman has acted in the past does say something, doesn't it?

Basically, the episode for me was a role reversal between Raman and Ishita. Ishita became angry Bhalla today, lashing out at anyone and everyone around her, while Raman became more subdued and looked within himself. Yes there was that moment of panic when he overturned the place looking for his bracelet, but for the most part Raman looked within himself and remembered all the times that Ishita had selflessly been there for him and Ruhi. Meanwhile, Ishita reached a major breaking point. If we remember back to the Sanjana incident, Ishita had been jealous and upset, but she had not been ANGRY like she was today. This was a completely new shade of Ishita that had never been seen before.

Today was one step forward and 100 steps backward for IshRa as a couple. They are back to square one where they both started in terms of "Ruhi ke liye" but I almost feel as though they may even be in the negatives because they both have a dearth of misunderstandings between them that were not there at the start of their relationship. They had come together before as two people who had both gone through heartbreak and betrayal, but at the hands of others. Now, they have both been hurt again (unknowingly yes), BY EACH OTHER. It will take a lot more now for them both to open up to each other and come to the point where they are ready to express their true feelings.

That's all I've got. I know it was pretty disjointed, but I tried 😛. Hopefully it was somewhat coherent and understandable. 😊

shravani_2311 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
👏wow..such a nice post...
i loved it...
u mentioned ishra's pov very acurtly...
ishra itna pyae hain ki ishu's wrk nd raman's drink cant give thm peace...thy jst need each othr...wen they ubndrstnd tht we dnt...waitng fr thm to strt at a new point..
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: cocololo123

Well what can I say about this post. You have done wonders again. This is beautiful written and describes today's episode. I loved the performances by DT and KP. They both are the best in emotional scenes it touches your heart. Again neither are wrong or neither are right in their current situation. The only thing I found really annoying about the episode is they have these pity self talks but wont talk to one another and all these MUs increase. They make stupid assumptions about how one another are feeling but cant read each other at all. This can all be solved by having a grown up talk like every couple has. Communication is the key to successful marriage. No wonder this couple has so many MU about one another.

KT and DP were mind blowing today, it was a treat to watch them perform on screen. How I wish they would talk to each other and clear the misunderstanding, they are pining foe each other while the audience pines for them to talk.
Thank you for your wonderful comment.