AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Another well-rounded epi today...story is moving along nicely...many noteworthy moments :-)

1) Salman Baig as always making an astute point about the rite of passage involving a girl getting married...the anxiety of a mother, the parents...once again beautiful dialogues👏

As an aside, I've developed a weird fondness for Younis despite his otherwise shouting avatar...the way he softened on hearing his father explaining why his MIL is so anxious but then at the same time turning and irritatedly asking Naseema why SHE is crying and then just walking off😆

Also loved the build up of this scene with SB gleefully awaiting the DHAMAKA in the convo b/w Younis and his MIL...such an ADORABLE character he is😆

2) When Mariam's blazer induced dream about Tauseef started and then moved on into a full on dance🤔, I was like here we go again...but what a surprisingly great turn it all took!😆

Yeh Imran Miyaan apni terrace pe bada tehelte hain😆...and ofcourse without fail, nazar toh padosi ki khidki pe hi jaati hai and what does he see...a Mariam happily dancing around with that blazer😆...so ofcourse he breaks out into his trademark fond si smile that seems to come over him subconsciously anytime he sees these softer moments from Mariam/Najma...Mariam abruptly stops when she sees him, starts a bit guiltily and hurriedly shuts that window...Imran also looks guiltily away...then Mariam proceeds to shut the OTHER window too😆...and goes to sleep with a haunted look on her face.

3) The way this continued then into the scene next morning in the street...Mariam is again deliberately avoiding him but he makes a point to walk up to her and clarify..."Hum aise aadmi hain nahin"...

Mr. Sengupta, your penchant for fabulously composed scenes showed again👏...I LOVE how these two scenes were executed...such NUANCE...both Imran and Mariam had a guilty conscience over that "moment" so to speak, even though it was something as simple as him having just caught a glimpse of her at her window...but somehow that moment felt INTIMATE...why? Cuz Mariam was in a rare abandon filled mood and he glimpsed THAT...and for a moment they were CONNECTED by the look that held them before they both guiltily broke away...

Imran UNDERSTOOD why she went about DETERMINEDLY shutting the windows again...so he made the effort to clarify...I also LOVED that moment after he said his piece and Mariam started walking away and he's walking behind her so she turns to look at him strangely and he informs her that he's not walking after HER, his BIKE his behind her😆...and Mariam has to hide the smile that comes over her at the silliness of it all and she walks away yet again.

I can't recall the last time I saw such DIGNIFIED interaction b/w two leads in a show...itni IZZAT...the way Imran approaches her, speaks with her...love how it all is portrayed...such soft, old world charm...

And so simply that misunderstanding was clarified...ofcourse what Imran doesn't know is that Mariam is shutting him out more cuz she herself feels guilty at the pull she feels towards him in unguarded moments as these when he in a sense intrudes into her loving memories of her husband...that superimposition happens for her and it spooks her again and again.

4) Yay for an Imran-Najma scene! LOL@ her bossing him around as always despite his best attempts to keep her in line...the way she forced him to eat the chocolate...😆😆 and then herself blamed him for wasting time😆...Imran was all but left flabbergasted😆...but adorable duo these two really.

5) Also loved the brief bit when Mariam subconsciously lets it slip that she wants to become Tauseef for SB...touching moment b/w DIL and FIL.
Edited by AreYaar - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Another well-rounded epi today...story is moving along nicely...many noteworthy moments :-)

1) Salman Baig as always making an astute point about the rite of passage involving a girl getting married...the anxiety of a mother, the parents...once again beautiful dialogues👏

As an aside, I've developed a weird fondness for Younis despite his otherwise shouting avatar...the way he softened on hearing his father explaining why his MIL is so anxious but then at the same time turning and irritatedly asking Naseema why SHE is crying and then just walking off😆

Also loved the build up of this scene with SB gleefully awaiting the DHAMAKA in the convo b/w Younis and his MIL...such an ADORABLE character he is😆

Loved this scene to the core. The best part was everybodys reaction when Salman Baig says that when a daughter grows old parents fear of loosing her the most. It hit Younis, Naseema and Mariyam equally as all of them have daughters. nicely shot scene.

Salman Baig was so ready for entertainment when Younis MIL called. He was all ready to see Younis geting worked up😆😆 . Like Salman Baig I too enjoy Younis irritation when his MIL calls. Its Nirmal Anand😆

Rehmat bi is a force to reckon with. 😆 SB was so offended when she let out his Ladoo secret😆😆 Her revenge technique was serving him Neem ka chadha hua karela juice herself🤣

2) When Mariam's blazer induced dream about Tauseef started and then moved on into a full on dance🤔, I was like here we go again...but what a surprisingly great turn it all took!😆

Yeh Imran Miyaan apni terrace pe bada tehelte hain😆...and ofcourse without fail, nazar toh padosi ki khidki pe hi jaati hai and what does he see...a Mariam happily dancing around with that blazer😆...so ofcourse he breaks out into his trademark fond si smile that seems to come over him subconsciously anytime he sees these softer moments from Mariam/Najma...Mariam abruptly stops when she sees him, starts a bit guiltily and hurriedly shuts that window...Imran also looks guiltily away...then Mariam proceeds to shut the OTHER window too😆...and goes to sleep with a haunted look on her face.

I was pleasantly surprised by how the scene ended. Mariam was so embarassed to have been caught in her private moment while she is dancing and Imran was just caught unaware to see Mariam like this for the first time. Imran then realises and tries to look away ,nicely done.

3) The way this continued then into the scene next morning in the street...Mariam is again deliberately avoiding him but he makes a point to walk up to her and clarify..."Hum aise aadmi hain nahin"...

The BG though was quiet misleading😆 But just have to hand it down to Imran he is always so concerned

Mr. Sengupta, your penchant for fabulously composed scenes showed again👏...I LOVE how these two scenes were executed...such NUANCE...both Imran and Mariam had a guilty conscience over that "moment" so to speak, even though it was something as simple as him having just caught a glimpse of her at her window...but somehow that moment felt INTIMATE...why? Cuz Mariam was in a rare abandon filled mood and he glimpsed THAT...and for a moment they were CONNECTED by the look that held them before they both guiltily broke away...

Imran UNDERSTOOD why she went about DETERMINEDLY shutting the windows again...so he made the effort to clarify...I also LOVED that moment after he said his piece and Mariam started walking away and he's walking behind her so she turns to look at him strangely and he informs her that he's not walking after HER, his BIKE his behind her😆...and Mariam has to hide the smile that comes over her at the silliness of it all and she walks away yet again.

Again beautifully summed up by you. Imran and Najma have come a long way.I liked the silly smile that Mariam gives, it just takes away the awkwardness between them and makes things normal.

I can't recall the last time I saw such DIGNIFIED interaction b/w two leads in a show...itni IZZAT...the way Imran approaches her, speaks with her...love how it all is portrayed...such soft, old world charm...

Word👍🏼

And so simply that misunderstanding was clarified...ofcourse what Imran doesn't know is that Mariam is shutting him out more cuz she herself feels guilty at the pull she feels towards him in unguarded moments as these when he in a sense intrudes into her loving memories of her husband...that superimposition happens for her and it spooks her again and again.

4) Yay for an Imran-Najma scene! LOL@ her bossing him around as always despite his best attempts to keep her in line...the way she forced him to eat the chocolate...😆😆 and then herself blamed him for wasting time😆...Imran was all but left flabbergasted😆...but adorable duo these two really.

Najma actually said sorry😆 Imran scored a point here😆

5) Also loved the brief bit when Mariam subconsciously lets it slip that she wants to become Tauseef for SB...touching moment b/w DIL and FIL.

They share such a deep bond.

Other bits I liked,

Saba and the kids. 😆 Sab uske phone ke pichhe pade rahte hai😆

Her straight faced incoming to free hai abba😆😆 Cracked me up. 😆
Younis: hame pata ha hum bhi isi shaher main rahte hai🤣

Loved the episode overall.

Word Count: 1

AreYaar thumbnail
Thanks, Spidie :-)

Aise scenes dekh ke mujhe NBT deja vu ho jaata hai *sigh*...although acting levels aren't to NBT levels, this show has these sparks of brilliance from time to time. I really was very impressed with the Imran-Mariam scenes today...they struck a chord...

I can't help but smile when I see Imran looking away guiltily each time she catches him watching her with a smile😆...it's started to become one of my fav. recurring moments of the show...Hassan does a great job of portraying these bits.

I then think that story/direction really is king...as long as you have halfway decent actors to support you, you can create a pretty good product👍🏼

LOL@ the Saba and kids bits...thanks for pointing those out!
Sadhana_pr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
A lot happened over the week!

Mariam-THIS is the woman I want to see. Who would bow her head where respect is expected, but look straight into the eyes when self-respect is questioned. Finally she took a stand👏.

The last two episodes have been an icing on the cake in terms of writing and performances. Very few Indian Tv shows have such crafted scenes to offer. The flashback saved itself from being cheesy by using a very sweet retro song. The lights, the setting-all so simple yet beautiful. The nostalgia there was contagious.

And our loner was as amused as us! The smile actually helped hide the pathos of situation. The longing for a loved one could actually be so acute and who better than Imran to gauge this. I was reminded of the scene where he too was in a similar state-recalling playing with Mehek.

I could actually feel Mariam's embarrassment at being caught off guard! But the next day clarification was spot on. No drama, no build up. He casually walks up to her, clarifies his intentions, suggests she trust him and then walks away. That small scene where she was uneasy thinking he was following her was a brilliant touch. He understood that as well and yet again in a matter-of-fact tone clarified. I love the fact that the leads do not have the done to death eye locks or slow motion gazes with hair flying about😆. Sans them too they are crackling on screen!

As for the tennis, I wonder how long will this be under wraps. I assume Marian thinks that let Najma get trained at least and then she could convince her family by a display of her talent maybe. But she is treading on a narrow edge, for then there will be two bombs exploding-..one tennis bomb and one lie/deception bomb! Hope our mother daughter are well equipped to handle this then😊.
CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
gr8 analysis again
Loved how Imran went to Mariyam and felt sorry for last night...as that just happened...and said hm aise aadmi nai hain...Yakeen maniye""...awww...and then tellling that started walking behind her...rofl...that was a silly moment for Mariyam as she turned around and Imran said that hmari bike hai wahan...that sillly smile over Mariyam's face was worth watching...hahahaha...i loved that scene...Hasan portrays each and every bit so nicely...and agree with u that its all old drama days...so simply they say a lot...these moments among both of them are alwayz my favourite one...loved how he was looking at her dancing joyously and then suddenly he averted hia gaze as she noticed him standing and looking at her all smilingly...that guilt was there in his eyes even when he was telling her sorry...but i love them ..really when they both come on the board...they steal the show...:p

Najma and Imran moments are so childish...i alwayz find cute sa bacha in Imran whnever he is with Najma...Najma is always ready to boss around him...lol...she herself gave him chocolate and then was telling him that he is wasting time...Sadu hi rahnge sudhrenge nai kabhi...hahahahahaha...i wanna see u both the same alwayz with each other...this nok jhok is worth watching among both of them...:)

Mariyam knows it well how to blackmail najma...telling her not to open the window..apni ammi ki baat nai manege app????hahahahahaha...good trick

OH God that was hillarious...Abbu incoming to free hai na...hahahahaha...hm b isi shehar mein rehte hain🤣that cracked me up...then what if u live in the same city...🤣

All the actors are amazing..i dun hv ny complaints against anyone...but js Jamaal family🤪...ahahahahaha..his ammi wearing those goggles was kindahahahahaha
Edited by BabbaR_SheR - 9 years ago
Seebz thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

After all, he pays rent of terrace as well😆

After having some 'nok-jhok' at school with Najma and the smile after she leaves, he gets to see Mariam who is entirely lost in her world and the moment she realizes, she has been seen by none other than Imran, she gets so embrassed and closes the window. The moment I saw where this dream seq had lead to, I kept saying 'awkward' until next scene came.😆They both were caught by one another in their moment.

It was a fresh view for Imran,he had never seen her before like this and he may have not realized how much it had amused him 😆 She is usually quite and barely smiles but here she was dancing, laughing and what not.😆

It is nice to see a parallel development of Imran-Najma and Imran-Mariam relaationship.. We have scenes how Imran was first mad at Najma, disliked her interference but now he had grown fond of her and became a teacher in many ways. But this moment was truly owned by Imran and Mariam with Tauseef being catalyst in form of a memory. Otherwise,we wont know when we would get this awkward moment. 😆

i was actually a little worried when he said "kal-raat mein jo hus wo.." because they were in market area and if someone who knows Mariam or Imram has heard it would have made 'baat ka patangad' out of this few words but glad it did not go there.

I think, by next week family will know of Najma's tennis coaching.

Edited by Seebz - 9 years ago
soapbubble thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Poor Saba has two problems in life - the phone and the khaala 😆😆 Her siblings can't help pointing out the few hundred things her phone can't do and it drives her mad, poor thing! But serves her right for the wild, insensitive story she weaved just to get it.
BTW, I loved Naeema's dangly hoops - she's lovable, that girl.

And they continue to give us more of the darling relationship between Mariam and Salman Baig. Proper Mutual Admiration Society - full of khuloos and apnapan.

Imran was too amazed and nonplussed to see Mariam floating and dancing to even look away in time. Poor Mariam - so deep in memories one minute and so confused and perturbed the next. I know Tauseef flashbacks aren't popular and frankly, I let my attention drift too but I must say they make a well matched pair - Barkha and Khalid Siddiqui - sweet chemistry and comfort level. And he comes across as a very sorted, happy guy, Tauseef, not fussed about too much in life.

'Mariam sahiba' aww. This show is just too sweet. The epitome of small town, middle class decency. Glad they quickly got that sorted. 😳
Bubble

nicki11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

episode was great and so is your post👏

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sadhana_pr

A lot happened over the week!

Mariam-THIS is the woman I want to see. Who would bow her head where respect is expected, but look straight into the eyes when self-respect is questioned. Finally she took a stand👏.

The last two episodes have been an icing on the cake in terms of writing and performances. Very few Indian Tv shows have such crafted scenes to offer. The flashback saved itself from being cheesy by using a very sweet retro song. The lights, the setting-all so simple yet beautiful. The nostalgia there was contagious.

And our loner was as amused as us! The smile actually helped hide the pathos of situation. The longing for a loved one could actually be so acute and who better than Imran to gauge this. I was reminded of the scene where he too was in a similar state-recalling playing with Mehek.

I could actually feel Mariam's embarrassment at being caught off guard! But the next day clarification was spot on. No drama, no build up. He casually walks up to her, clarifies his intentions, suggests she trust him and then walks away. That small scene where she was uneasy thinking he was following her was a brilliant touch. He understood that as well and yet again in a matter-of-fact tone clarified. I love the fact that the leads do not have the done to death eye locks or slow motion gazes with hair flying about😆. Sans them too they are crackling on screen!

As for the tennis, I wonder how long will this be under wraps. I assume Marian thinks that let Najma get trained at least and then she could convince her family by a display of her talent maybe. But she is treading on a narrow edge, for then there will be two bombs exploding-..one tennis bomb and one lie/deception bomb! Hope our mother daughter are well equipped to handle this then😊.

@bold blue:
Ditto! There was a pathos to the moment despite his smile...and that is what touched me too...there is that longing that he generally dismisses and doesn't want to acknowledge...the longing for a loved one and for a moment as he saw Mariam dancing away caught up in her dream, they were kindered spirits...neither of them has verbalized this yet...it was all very subconscious...especially from Imran's part who I bet would deny the smile that comes over him in moments like this if he was confronted about it...😆...he has no idea how FONDLY he's looking at her in these unguarded moments...even though it's a bittersweet smile in some ways that possibly transports him back to his own happy memories too in a subconscious way...I find something very sweet about it.

And the clarification the next morning just added to this feeling...the way he said, "Yakeen maaniye"...ahh just something so sincere about it that I just loved😊...and I liked how thoughtfully Mariam was watching him in response...his conviction is such, he gets through to her.

@red: LOL so true...thank god for small mercies and lack of breezes, flying dupattas and the whole nine yards that come with that...their chemistry is all in their dignified, subtle interactions...I can only hope it lasts.

Yes, the bombs are bound to burst...Salman Baig wouldn't be too happy over THESE bombs bursting when they do😆...but no doubt he will be the bomb diffusal expert handling the issue whenever this comes up😆
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: BabbaR_SheR

gr8 analysis again

Loved how Imran went to Mariyam and felt sorry for last night...as that just happened...and said hm aise aadmi nai hain...Yakeen maniye""...awww...and then tellling that started walking behind her...rofl...that was a silly moment for Mariyam as she turned around and Imran said that hmari bike hai wahan...that sillly smile over Mariyam's face was worth watching...hahahaha...i loved that scene...Hasan portrays each and every bit so nicely...and agree with u that its all old drama days...so simply they say a lot...these moments among both of them are alwayz my favourite one...loved how he was looking at her dancing joyously and then suddenly he averted hia gaze as she noticed him standing and looking at her all smilingly...that guilt was there in his eyes even when he was telling her sorry...but i love them ..really when they both come on the board...they steal the show...:p

Najma and Imran moments are so childish...i alwayz find cute sa bacha in Imran whnever he is with Najma...Najma is always ready to boss around him...lol...she herself gave him chocolate and then was telling him that he is wasting time...Sadu hi rahnge sudhrenge nai kabhi...hahahahahaha...i wanna see u both the same alwayz with each other...this nok jhok is worth watching among both of them...:)

Mariyam knows it well how to blackmail najma...telling her not to open the window..apni ammi ki baat nai manege app????hahahahahaha...good trick

OH God that was hillarious...Abbu incoming to free hai na...hahahahaha...hm b isi shehar mein rehte hain🤣that cracked me up...then what if u live in the same city...🤣

All the actors are amazing..i dun hv ny complaints against anyone...but js Jamaal family🤪...ahahahahaha..his ammi wearing those goggles was kindahahahahaha

Thanks!😊

Yes very true...Najma brings out the stubborn child in Imran...so does his Maamu but then that's understandable cuz his Maamu raised him as a kid...with Najma, it's a different case of stubborn bickering...it's like he just can't help but be as stubborn as her in response...lol...only person he generally gives a lot of leeway to is Mariam...usko toh sab maaf in Imran's eyes😆

haha yeah Mariam knows how to get Najma to listen to her...but I bet Najma will still find a way to open the window soon😆

Jamaal's ammi with the glasses was hilarious too😆