Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soapbubble thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: AreYaar

I'm curious...what do you mean specifically by not finished in the 'technical sense'? As in bad editing or something? :S...I didn't see anything much off...this is the general pace/production value of this show...it's not high voltage polish in that sense...it's always the content that is more focused on.

In terms of lighting, composition, 'looks' and editing it was a touch below par. Where is Imran standing when he sees Majma hug, for instance? Perhaps because of the outdoor shots - these TV crews are always less than comfortable outside.

Also, for instance, in that last scene where Mariam and Imran exchange comic looks - there's a mismatch in the angle in which they should be looking and the editing at that point was a little overdone. But, I don't really mind - just noticed because in general they're quite ok, Otherwise I wouldn't even mention it.

In fact, I like it that they don't bother with tight lighting and always construct fairly complicated scenes in which there's a lot of actor movement. It creates a nice, realistic dynamism.
Bubble
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: soapbubble

In terms of lighting, composition, 'looks' and editing it was a touch below par. Where is Imran standing when he sees Majma hug, for instance? Perhaps because of the outdoor shots - these TV crews are always less than comfortable outside.

Also, for instance, in that last scene where Mariam and Imran exchange comic looks - there's a mismatch in the angle in which they should be looking and the editing at that point was a little overdone. But, I don't really mind - just noticed because in general they're quite ok, Otherwise I wouldn't even mention it.

In fact, I like it that they don't bother with tight lighting and always construct fairly complicated scenes in which there's a lot of actor movement. It creates a nice, realistic dynamism.
Bubble

Well I suspect the 6 days a week format is bound to take it's toll so no doubt they do cheat shoots wherein the actors are not necessarily all present for a scene...which is what I think must happen for a lot of these window scenes...and that explains the angle of where Imran was looking...still I honestly didn't find it jarring unlike most shows which are very OBVIOUS in their cheat shoots...

This show still does a good job of setting up and composing shots in my opinion...this director (Siddharth Sengupta) is excellent.

Lighting is reminiscent of old DD shows I'll say again...simplistic in style...but yeah outdoor shoots do pose their own challenges...I suspect the show is not high on budget either so all these must impact the overall quality.

I honestly don't mind these small things if CONTENT remains nice like it is.
spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
AreYaar thumbnail
spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Edited by spidie - 9 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: spidie

It was extremely distracting for me especially in the beginning because he was always angry or in a bad mood.That chewing bit 🤣 was highly distracting ,sometimes you feel he is mumbling away. Its good he doesnt get angry so much now.

You are not making a post today?

Post is up! Just finished posting it :-)

LOL yeah I'm also glad the chewing has reduced comparatively now...he's managed to charm us with his smile instead😆