AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
This episode was dedicated to new beginnings :-) The shift in equations as Mariam and Imran become allies in Mission Najma ko banaao tennis champion...and that led to some sweet moments:

1) Najma or should I say Ashnoor defaults to her Naani avatar given half a chance😆...so the moment Najma gets comfortable in the knowledge that she has both her Ammi and Naye Padosi in her corner, she starts LIBERALLY bossing them around...especially Imran😆...and Imran toh even called her a Naani today😆...the way they both instantly fell into their bickering pattern now that things have "normalized" per se😆

It really amuses me that Imran cares so much about her but still she gets under his skin SO easily and irritates him to the core😆...and Mariam was already exasperated and a bit hapless trying to keep peace b/w these two😆...the way she kept telling Najma to keep quiet and respect her SIR but Najma was busy putting her OWN rules in place for her "Sir" and telling him off for shouting at his Maamu😆...

Imran Miyaan, aap toh gaye...Najma ab aapko line pe laake hi rahegi😆

2) The way Mariam responded to Naseema trying to pester her about why she went to school again...here's the Mariam we want to see more of...strong and full of conviction👏

3) The ending scene with the windows being opened again...perfect way to cap an epi symbolizing new beginnings...both Mariam and Imran were reluctant to re-open the windows...and ultimately relented under pressure from Najma and Maamu respectively but still it wasn't THEY who opened the windows...but Najma and Maamu...while it was Mariam and Imran who had closed the windows in the first place.

LOL@ Najma and Maamu aevein bickering over the windows opening...

But ADORABLE way to end the epi with Imran breaking into yet another one of his trademark smiles and Mariam responding back with a smile of her own and exasperated shrug of her shoulders as well over the silliness of the bickering...very sweetly executed moment...natural😊
Edited by AreYaar - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Allbut1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Ughhh I wish I had time to actually properly respond to this because I absolutely LOVED today's episode, but unfortunately college is hell bent on ruining my life 😡

Anyways, just wanted to drop in quickly and say that I am seriously loving the way they are building the relationship between our three protagonists, Imran, Najma and Mariam! So far we were seeing the Imran-Najma relationship and bond grow every day, but these last two episodes have shown a lot of progress in the Imran and Mariam relationship, and it's been done wonderfully! The last scene in today's episode was a treat to watch, and I have replayed a few times already!

And I really, really hope that this new stronger and more independent version of Mariam is here to stay, because I loved her today!
sanakhan4 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I liked the way Maruim handle Nasima's questioning.
and Najma they way she was setting rules for Imran😆
spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

This episode was dedicated to new beginnings :-) The shift in equations as Mariam and Imran become allies in Mission Najma ko banaao tennis champion...and that led to some sweet moments:

1) Najma or should I say Ashnoor defaults to her Naani avatar given half a chance😆...so the moment Najma gets comfortable in the knowledge that she has both her Ammi and Naye Padosi in her corner, she starts LIBERALLY bossing them around...especially Imran😆...and Imran toh even called her a Naani today😆...the way they both instantly fell into their bickering pattern now that things have "normalized" per se😆

It really amuses me that Imran cares so much about her but still she gets under his skin SO easily and irritates him to the core😆...and Mariam was already exasperated and a bit hapless trying to keep peace b/w these two😆...the way she kept telling Najma to keep quiet and respect her SIR but Najma was busy putting her OWN rules in place for her "Sir" and telling him off for shouting at his Maamu😆...

Imran Miyaan, aap toh gaye...Najma ab aapko line pe laake hi rahegi😆

The speed with which Najma got into her Nani avtaar and the way Imran reacts was hilarious😆 Bechara , Najma did not give him breathing space😆 The coaching lessons already begun for Imran.Lol. He actually was not able to hold his smile when Najma told her, Aap chilla kyon kar rahe hai? And he says Main kaha chilla raha hoon and realises he is actualy shouting.😆 Inka to tennis court ke bahaar hi match shuru. 😆

2) The way Mariam responded to Naseema trying to pester her about why she went to school again...here's the Mariam we want to see more of...strong and full of conviction👏

I liked her attitude today and the way she answers back to Naseema but I thought it was quiet a sudden change.

3) The ending scene with the windows being opened again...perfect way to cap an epi symbolizing new beginnings...both Mariam and Imran were reluctant to re-open the windows...and ultimately relented under pressure from Najma and Maamu respectively but still it wasn't THEY who opened the windows...but Najma and Maamu...while it was Mariam and Imran who had closed the windows in the first place.

Beautifully put up👍🏼

LOL@ Najma and Maamu aevein bickering over the windows opening...

But ADORABLE way to end the epi with Imran breaking into yet another one of his trademark smiles and Mariam responding back with a smile of her own and exasperated shrug of her shoulders as well over the silliness of the bickering...very sweetly executed moment...natural😊

Mamu has a keeda of doing mimicry😆 He keeps on imitating actors😆 Mamu and Najma😆😆 What had gotten into both of them. Lol. I wonder what will happen when Najma, fiza, waqar will gang up on Imran-Mamu.

Dont know how long they are able to hide the fact from family members😕

Word Count: 1

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree and can I add how much I absolutely loved the episode. Cheers to a more courageous Maryam & the new bond between Imran/Najma/Mariyam.
You know the 'nani' comment reminded me of how in the early episodes of NBT, when Nanhi & Mohan first met she went on a lecture of how her mother is a widow & that she needs to get married. She had seen that speech on TV & was just going on & on while Mohan looked on, stunned. HAHA. Cute memories.

You said it all about Najma bossing Imran. She just loves having the upper hand, doesn't she? I had commented a lot earlier about who Najma resembles. I think I know. She gets her love for sports & her carefree attitude from her father, while she gets the pride from her mother. Mariyam may be meek but she does have the guts to speak up at moments she thinks are crucial.

Coming to Mariyam giving Naseema a taste of her own medicine, I LOVED IT SO MUCH.I really dislike the way she orders Mariyam around. And I love how Mariyam does not stoop low, she puts her point across very respectfully without being too dramatic or saying long dialogues.
I was initially a little angry that Mariyam was not fighting for her daughter. But now I appreciate the whole process that got her to agreeing to Najma playing tennis. She rationalized the situation, took Salman Baig's opinion & then decided upon it. Quite a contrast drawn to Naseema who spoils Waqar by giving in to his every demand instantly

The last scene..aww... love the window symbolisms. Mariyam/Imran had closed the windows initially, but their cupids, Mamu & Najma opened those windows again. So apt. Those two are definitely the light that is bringing Imran & Mariyam, who have suffered the pain of losing their loved ones, out of the darkness, towards a new beginning, and happiness.

soapbubble thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
This episode was not 'finished' in the technical sense but definitely very significant in terms of turns in the story. Bring Mariam on board and the story is revving to go!

Imran and Mariam seem to have a basic understanding between them in spite of the arguments - so kindly he asked her 'are you sure?' He knows it's easier said than done - he knows it's easy to say 'come on, get a backbone' but for someone caught between being dependent on someone else, societal conditioning, a desire to maintain harmony, a desire to stay within the limits of decency - it is no easy decision to make. He, more than anyone else, understands what it took for Mariam to make up her mind and he lauds her for it..

And Mariam? Undeniably, one part of this decision of hers is to earn Imran's respect. She could see that he thought her weak - and that smarted. The fact that she was letting her precious daughter down, that she was failing in her duty as the sole remaining parent... that is what spurred her.

That spilled over into the confrontation with Naseema as well. That was a well choreographed scene. Naseema walking purposefully over to the swing to sit down - very much the 'maalkin', very much the one in authority, she wanted to intimidate Marima into submission. But she was distracted by the phone call and Mariam's supposed 'rebellion' took her completely aback! She was so stunned and horrified, because I think she's scared of Mariam - that's why she wants to squash her all the time. Jealous of the respect she commands in her quiet way, jealous of the people who constantly support her, see good in her; jealous of her quiet dignity, her intelligence, her integrity.

How long can they keep this tennis a secret, though? And What is happening with Naeema? Now I'm interested 😆
Bubble

Edited by soapbubble - 9 years ago
nicki11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
things I liked in yesterday episode ...
well I liked full episode .
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: spidie

The speed with which Najma got into her Nani avtaar and the way Imran reacts was hilarious😆 Bechara , Najma did not give him breathing space😆 The coaching lessons already begun for Imran.Lol. He actually was not able to hold his smile when Najma told her, Aap chilla kyon kar rahe hai? And he says Main kaha chilla raha hoon and realises he is actualy shouting.😆 Inka to tennis court ke bahaar hi match shuru. 😆 LOL@ coaching lessons having already begun for Imran...haha yeah he looks like the student infront of Naani Najma who so pompously announces to her Ammi that Imran was also looking for talent so HE's the lucky one that SHE the great Najma is deigning to be his student...waah😆

LOL I think he will never admit it but he secretly enjoys sparring with Najma...and yeah that moment when he lowered his tone and repeated, "Main kahaan chilla raha hoon"...haha...I didn't really see a smile in so much as his usual teeth grinding frustrated expression like he's chewing something inside his mouth while talking😆

I liked her attitude today and the way she answers back to Naseema but I thought it was quiet a sudden change. I wouldn't really say it's a sudden change...Mariam deffo has a backbone but it shows up more when she's been pushed into a corner and to her limits...then she puts aside the general deference she gives to Naseema and gives it to her straight up...without really being rude either...and that is what pinches Naseema...that Mariam doesn't even have to raise her voice or be rude and still her dignity makes her come out on top.

Beautifully put up👍🏼 Thank you😊

Mamu has a keeda of doing mimicry😆 He keeps on imitating actors😆 Mamu and Najma😆😆 What had gotten into both of them. Lol. I wonder what will happen when Najma, fiza, waqar will gang up on Imran-Mamu. LOL@ Maamu having a keeda of mimicry...true...also he can't resist sticking his nose into anyone's business or responding to a challenge...which Najma threw at him by taunting him for opening the window😆...I think the scene was aevein put into place simply to show Imran-Mariam smiling at each other as allies.

Dont know how long they are able to hide the fact from family members😕 Well obviously they will take this in stages...first Fiza, Waqar and Saba will find out...then possibly Jamal or Rehmat Khala...and Salman Baig...ek ek karke sabko apni side kar lenge then enddd mein Younis/Naseema will find out I think...

Edited by AreYaar - 9 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: prc_fan1

I agree and can I add how much I absolutely loved the episode. Cheers to a more courageous Maryam & the new bond between Imran/Najma/Mariyam.

You know the 'nani' comment reminded me of how in the early episodes of NBT, when Nanhi & Mohan first met she went on a lecture of how her mother is a widow & that she needs to get married. She had seen that speech on TV & was just going on & on while Mohan looked on, stunned. HAHA. Cute memories.

You said it all about Najma bossing Imran. She just loves having the upper hand, doesn't she? I had commented a lot earlier about who Najma resembles. I think I know. She gets her love for sports & her carefree attitude from her father, while she gets the pride from her mother. Mariyam may be meek but she does have the guts to speak up at moments she thinks are crucial.

Hey thanks :-) It was a lovely epi indeed :-)

Yeah I got instant deja vu of Nanhi when I saw Najma bossing Imran around...specifically I remembered those early terrace scenes of Mohan-Nanhi...the one where she literally brandished a belan in his face with an "aye!" and then mockingly hit him with it😆😆...Classic they were...aww I miss them *sigh*

hahahaha the Udaas TV spoof you're mentioning...lol EPIC that was...

Yeah Najma loves having the upper hand...inherent strong competitive streak she has...especially when it comes to sports...she was even telling Maamu off and reminding him how she wiped the floor with both him and bhaanja when it came to Badminton...good point about where Najma gets her qualities from...it's an interesting mix of Mariam's pride/self-respect mixed in with Tauseef's passion for sports/life in general...that's led to a formidable personality emerging😆
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: soapbubble

This episode was not 'finished' in the technical sense but definitely very significant in terms of turns in the story. Bring Mariam on board and the story is revving to go!

Imran and Mariam seem to have a basic understanding between them in spite of the arguments - so kindly he asked her 'are you sure?' He knows it's easier said than done - he knows it's easy to say 'come on, get a backbone' but for someone caught between being dependent on someone else, societal conditioning, a desire to maintain harmony, a desire to stay within the limits of decency - it is no easy decision to make. He, more than anyone else, understands what it took for Mariam to make up her mind and he lauds her for it..

And Mariam? Undeniably, one part of this decision of hers is to earn Imran's respect. She could see that he thought her weak - and that smarted. The fact that she was letting her precious daughter down, that she was failing in her duty as the sole remaining parent... that is what spurred her.

That spilled over into the confrontation with Naseema as well. That was a well choreographed scene. Naseema walking purposefully over to the swing to sit down - very much the 'maalkin', very much the one in authority, she wanted to intimidate Marima into submission. But she was distracted by the phone call and Mariam's supposed 'rebellion' took her completely aback! She was so stunned and horrified, because I think she's scared of Mariam - that's why she wants to squash her all the time. Jealous of the respect she commands in her quiet way, jealous of the people who constantly support her, see good in her; jealous of her quiet dignity, her intelligence, her integrity.

How long can they keep this tennis a secret, though? And What is happening with Naeema? Now I'm interested 😆
Bubble

I'm curious...what do you mean specifically by not finished in the 'technical sense'? As in bad editing or something? :S...I didn't see anything much off...this is the general pace/production value of this show...it's not high voltage polish in that sense...it's always the content that is more focused on.

I don't know if Mariam is specifically looking for Imran's respect but yes him questioning her ability to give her daughter what she needs definitely rankled...so it was probably twofold...the need to make it up to and support Najma and then no doubt she was pleased too by earning Imran's respect/approval on this issue.

I noticed that about the Mariam-Naseema scene too...the deliberate way in which Naseema sat on the swing trying to project power as the mistress of the house but Mariam won the round easily by displaying strength in a dignified manner and making her point coolly.

I think the secret Tennis track should run for a while atleast otherwise Najma's tennis coaching will stop even before it starts...there should be some growth in the equations before the Younis/Naseema drama over this issue comes out into the open.