Views

Users

Frequent Posters

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Previous segment is here
Arjuna Uvacha:
"Then sit down" brother Yudhishthira said. I sat down facing him.
Closing his eyes , he began "Arjuna today, I am going to initiate you into one of the most powerful mantras in the universe- the prati smriti mantra. Chanting this mantra will...
I was disappointed. I had come, all charged up, excited about the divastras- and here was brother asking me to mumble jumble some un-heard mantra.
I placed my hand on brother's knee and shook him
"Brother, it's me- Ajuna here- not Sahadeva.
Brother Yudhishthira opened his eyes in mild surprise. "Of course I know who you are, Arjuna. Why did you have to interrupt me?"
"No..." I began hesitantly... "I thought you were going to teach me the secrets of the divyastras...Chanting mantras is ... more suitable for Sahadeva..." my voice trailed off, already feeling foolish.
"I know what is suitable for you Arjuna. I request you to listen to me with patience." From the tone of brother's voice, I understood this was more an order than request.
I lapsed into silence, mentally kicking myself.
Brother continued, "Now...what was I saying?...what is the mantra that I was talking about, Arjuna?"

I racked my memory furiously. "Umm...ummm...shruti...something...smriti..." I realized, rather shamefully that I had not been paying attention.

"The prati- smriti mantra. I am going to intiate you into this most wonderful matra" replied brother.
I nodded and sat upright.
"Arjuna, chanting and meditating this mantra will help you reach the higher states of conciousness. And in that state of heightened awareness - when you are in the state of Asamprajnata Samadhi -the secrets of the divyastras will be revealed to you.
I was baffled. "But brother, you said I will have to please the Gods, especially Indra, only then will they impart the knowledge of divyastras."
Yudhishthira smiled. "Arjuna, the Gods are always in communion with us. They are always talking to us. But most of the time our minds - our chetana - is not at the same frequency. That's why we cannot hear when the Gods communicate with us.
"Through yoga, tapasya and dhyana we can train our minds to resonate with the same Cosmic vibration that pervades through this universe. Once that level of asamprajanata samadhi is reached, the sadhaka can access the highest knowledge, whatever he or she desires.
I was awestruck.
Brother Yudhishthira continued in a reverential tone, " I was fortunate to recieve the deeksha of this mantra from Maharishi Veda Vyasa himself. It was his instruction that I should pass it on to you- for, you are the one who will ultimately use it.
A doubt crossed my mind. "Brother, forgive my temerity, but why didn't Maharishi Vyasa impart this mantra to me directly, if I am the one who is going to use it?
Brother Yudhishthira smiled indulgently "Arjuna, left to you, by yourself, you will never be able to reach those higher levels of consciousness in this birth. Maharishi Vyasa thought you needed help. Since the time Maharishi gave me this mantra, I too have been doing sadhana."
Brother continued, "When I give the deeksha of this mantra to you, I will be transferring all the merits of my sadhana to you. In fact, I can say I have already done three quarters of your work. You have to do only the remaining one-fourth"
I was rendered speechless.
Brother then commanded me "Now go and take a dip in the lake. Standing knee deep in the water, chant the gayatri mantra 108 times. With a pure body and a purer mind, come to me. I will initiate you into the sacred prati smriti mantra."
Hands folded, I got up to do as I had been told.
Edited by varaali - 9 years ago
...Hemangi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Very nice update... Arjun seemed quite surprised that Yudhistir has already done 3 parts of the sadhana.
AadhyaAashutosh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Varali di
nice update πŸ‘
it seems aftr hearing the word dhivyastras arjun totally lost his mind πŸ˜†
and he is so fortunate to have yudi as his brother... πŸ˜ƒ
cont soon πŸ€—
OmkaraKiParvati thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Prati smriti mantra... Interesting.. Ad am loving this bond between them.. Do continue and PM me...
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Yudhishthir speaks:

After sending Arjun for bath, I started my own preparation. It is not so easy to transfer own power of sadhanaa to another. A Guru has to perform even harder penance than his disciple.
At first, I offered my earnest devotion to Lord Krishna, who is the Jagat Guru. Without His grace none can take the place of a Guru! O Keshava! Bless me & guide me in a proper way so that I can impart this Prati-Smriti Mantra successfully into Arjun!
Then I offered Pranaams to my father Lord Dharma. The Mantra which I was going to give Arjun should not be used except for the cause of Dharma! I prayed to Dharma to guide Arjun so that he never even thinks to use this Holy Mantra for any intention other than Dharma!
Then I prayed to Indra Dev to accept Arjun's devotion as well as to make his sadhanaa successful!
Finally, I offered Pranaam to my own Guru, Maharishi Vyasa, & seek his blessings so that I can start transferring of the Mantra.
Then I found Arjun was coming after completing his bath. I became ready to start his deekshaa.

sambhavami thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
@Varaalidi :-

Loved How Arjun Was Immersed In His Intuitions And Forgot What Yudi Said ! You Are portraying His Confusion Very Well !!

@Semadi :-

Very Sweet Writing Di ! Your Parts Are Always A Bit Delicate !!

varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Arjuna Uvacha
The first rays of the sun were illuminating the earth when I returned after my bath and japa.
My brother was seated in padmasana, his back errect. His eyes were closed and his face serene. His face was just as tranquil as it used to be when he was seated on the throne of Indraprastha. The matted locks on his head adorned him just as the imperial crown did in the past. The rudraksha mala on his neck had the same grandeur as a gem studded necklace. No line of worry or pain creased his noble brow. He seemed serenity personified.
Many years later, when, on the battlefield of Kurukshetra, Krishna would explain the characteristics of a sthitapragya - steadfast person - it was brother Yudhishthira's face which would flash at me.
Now he was not just my brother but my guru as well. I stood in reverential silence, with my hands folded. A strange glow seemed to emanate from him. I felt it was not my brother sitting there but Devaguru Brihaspati himself. It was my greatest blessing - I thought - not just to be known as Yudhishthira's younger brother but his shishya as well.
Brother opened his eyes and indicated me to sit down. I prostrated myself full length before him and sat down. In a low melodious voice, he began chanting the mantra and asked me to repeat it after him. We continued to do so, till he felt I had got the accent, tone and cadence right.
He then stood up and placed his hand on the top of my head. A current seemed to pass through me. I felt charged and energized. My mind was experiencing a peace it had never experienced before. I realized my guru was transfering the merits of his tapas to me.
Once it was done I heard him say " Uthishtha (stand up) Gudakesha.The most sacred prati smriti is now yours. May you make full use of it. Proceed directly to the Indrakeela mountains and begin your penance."
Hastily plucking some wild flowers, I placed them at my guru's feet in gratitude and reverence. I knelt down and touched his feet with worshiping hands.
Brother lifted me and gathered me in a tight embrace. "My blessing is always with you, Pandu's son. You are now our only hope. May you win Indra's favour and master the diivystras. May you lead us to victory. Vijayi Bhava."
Edited by varaali - 9 years ago
Jairamji thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Amazing.. This is indeed a masterpiece . Never thought that such relationship existed between yudhistir and Arjuna!
shiningstar77 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Varaali DI...first extremely sorry for the late comment...little busy...now only i had read all the parts in one go...
to the truth,i was speechless n awestruck nearly for some mins...this story was very unique from others...different thought...hatts off to U for giving us this most beautiful story.πŸ‘πŸ‘

By reading the first part...some confusions n doubts occupied my mind by framing many questions...why Yudhishter behaving like this...this is not him.,like that...later only,i understood clearly...he is the one who always thinking for the sake of his darling arjun...beautiful.😳..

Arjun...oh...god..so pity of him...i could felt his severe hunger...but slowly by slowly he realised the meaning of his bro's words n changing himself to the full satisfaction of his brother...most importantly...his obedience towards his elder brother...very nice...very proud of Arjuna.πŸ˜›..

Draupadi...she couldnt bear her arya's pain...nicely potrayed that scenes..πŸ‘.

Nakul n Arjun scene with draupadi...hilarious...πŸ˜†

then teaching that Prati smriti mantra...very interesting...arjun behaved like a cute child there...

totally...i enjoyed thoroughly...thanks once again ...

@UrmilaDi...u too joined the hands with varaaliDi?...great job...ur respect for Yudhishter was already well known...simply brilliant job here ..πŸ‘πŸ‘..

one request...pls pm me whenever the update has done😊
Edited by shiningstar77 - 9 years ago
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful update... πŸ‘

Arjun's reverence for Yudisthir n Yudisthir's affection have been very well written...

Please continue...
And thanks for PM... 😊