AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
The theme of today's epi was all about the transition from the constant needless fighting that has been going on b/w the two factions towards some civility, friendly neighbor-like interaction.

1) Starting with the very first scene of Najma calling out to her Naye Padosi to apologize from her mother's side...and as always Salman Baig puts in his two cents clearing away bitterness and misunderstandings...he's like this happy Santa Claus of this show๐Ÿ˜†...

2) Fizaa telling Waqar to look in the mirror before trying to fit into that small box during hide and seek...sixer maara as always๐Ÿ˜†

3) Imran catching sight of Mariam listening in from the window and thus not leaving a chance to INDIRECTLY sunaao to her again via his Maamu๐Ÿ˜†...talking loudly enough to make his point...that children need UNDERSTANDING along with love else they will be distanced from their parents.

4) Mariam's convo with Salman Baig and the way it gave her some perspective after noting his take on children doing some things that their parents or society may be against...and the way this continued into Mariam mulling all night over Imran's words as well...finally leading her to making a decision.

5) The last Imran-Mariam scene...lol...and the fighting cycle finally ends...almost surprisingly calmly/casually...they were almost just as matter of fact as they were while "fighting" two epis back about the issue๐Ÿ˜†

The thing that amused me the most about this scene was the way Imran's righteous irritation/anger INSTANTLY evaporated the moment Mariam tried to apologize for her rude behavior...lol the way he instantly stopped her from apologizing...nice touch...and the final bit where he asks her, "Are you sure?" and she replies that it is only Allah that she is answerable to...thus answering the question he had posed a day back...and then the smile that breaks out...lol Imran-Mariam actually smiling at each other...miracles indeed.

I liked how matter of factly they are focussed on the task at hand...Najma's tennis dreams...and that is what is melting the ice b/w them as well.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Seebz thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

The theme of today's epi was all about the transition from the constant needless fighting that has been going on b/w the two factions towards some civility, friendly neighbor-like interaction.

1) Starting with the very first scene of Najma calling out to her Naye Padosi to apologize from her mother's side...and as always Salman Baig puts in his two cents clearing away bitterness and misunderstandings...he's like this happy Santa Claus of this show๐Ÿ˜†...

It was a bit sad when Mamu said 'Beta, you are a nice kid but for the sake of your mom, keep your distance, then she apoligizes on Mariam's behalf. It was touching. Until Dadajaan arrived, there was a slight restlessness.

2) Fizaa telling Waqar to look in the mirror before trying to fit into that small box during hide and seek...sixer maara as always๐Ÿ˜† Fiza ia an ADORABLE character. It's amazing how she is after Waqar๐Ÿ˜† She is a cute bully!

3) Imran catching sight of Mariam listening in from the window and thus not leaving a chance to INDIRECTLY sunaao to her again via his Maamu๐Ÿ˜†...talking loudly enough to make his point...that children need UNDERSTANDING along with love else they will be distanced from their parents. This character has not stop developing since it has entered the show, one way or another. Good or Bad. He definitely has concern for this woman and her daughter but he does not let her off the hook when he thinks her behavior is not justified. He couldn't say it directly as he ALWAYS asked Mamu to stay away from baigs and their family affairs so he found this bizarre way to give her his piece of mind.๐Ÿ˜†

4) Mariam's convo with Salman Baig and the way it gave her some perspective after noting his take on children doing some things that their parents or society may be against...and the way this continued into Mariam mulling all night over Imran's words as well...finally leading her to making a decision. I think she should listen more to Her Sasurjaan than Yunus Bhai. This way her life would have less tensions and more solutions. Don't you think?

5) The last Imran-Mariam scene...lol...and the fighting cycle finally ends...almost surprisingly calmly/casually...they were almost just as matter of fact as they were while "fighting" two epis back about the issue๐Ÿ˜† I know, if Mariam would have been a little late she would miss him and this cycle would have gone a little longer. The good thing is there were no hard feelings, it got resolved easily.

The thing that amused me the most about this scene was the way Imran's righteous irritation/anger INSTANTLY evaporated the moment Mariam tried to apologize for her rude behavior...lol the way he instantly stopped her from apologizing...nice touch...
Apparently, there is more to Imran than we know. In recent episodes, we have got one or more glimpse of his character that we didn't have before. He may have thought Mariam would take forever to allow Najma to play but when she said she is there to get a form for Najma he was like, 'you are kidding,right?'๐Ÿ˜† He was happy for Najma to play and he there was no reason for him to leave๐Ÿ˜Š It was very polite of him to do that. She felt the guilt he just lifted the burdened simply by stopping her!

and the final bit where he asks her, "Are you sure?" and she replies that it is only Allah that she is answerable to...thus answering the question he had posed a day back...and then the smile that breaks out...lol Imran-Mariam actually smiling at each other...miracles indeed.
@blue/bold-Isn't it amazing? how simply writers express Big and noble thoiughts in simple words! The simplicity of the show is plausible! Imran's word had a quick impact on her, she seems to be in the need of his coaching more than anyone else.๐Ÿ˜† It was nice how elegantly she replied and he smiled in a 'Good for you' or 'Good job' way.๐Ÿ˜Š Yeh, Miracle indeed! Seeing Monday's episode, it felt like it would take more than it did for Mariam to agree but it didn't.

I liked how matter of factly they are focussed on the task at hand...Najma's tennis dreams...and that is what is melting the ice b/w them as well.
Her dreams are a link between these two very different people.

Word Count: 1

spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Wish you all a Happy Diwali.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Nothing really flusters Salman Baig. He simply walks in asks what the problem is , solves it and leaves.๐Ÿ˜†

2) Fizaa telling Waqar to look in the mirror before trying to fit into that small box during hide and seek...sixer maara as always๐Ÿ˜†

I missed this scene I guess ๐Ÿ˜ฒ while forwarding๐Ÿ˜† Fiza telling Salman Baig that why did you not scold abbu as he lied to you๐Ÿ˜† Yesterdays episode was a role reversal we saw a scared Fiza๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜† and Najma being her bodyguard.๐Ÿ˜†

3) Imran catching sight of Mariam listening in from the window and thus not leaving a chance to INDIRECTLY sunaao to her again via his Maamu๐Ÿ˜†...talking loudly enough to make his point...that children need UNDERSTANDING along with love else they will be distanced from their parents.

This was a surprise๐Ÿ˜† He was so pissed of and frustrated with the situation and takes it out on Mariam๐Ÿ˜† But his point did hit home. Made Mariam to introspect.

4) Mariam's convo with Salman Baig and the way it gave her some perspective after noting his take on children doing some things that their parents or society may be against...and the way this continued into Mariam mulling all night over Imran's words as well...finally leading her to making a decision.

Salman Baig is a person to go to for clearing the doubts.๐Ÿ˜Š Mariam got her doubts cleared.

I loved Mariam- Najma scene.Najmas real concern of hurting her mom and telling her I cant control my dreams but I can atleast prevent you from getting hurt. Mariam telling Najma call me also in your dreams today I would love to watch you play with your dad. ๐Ÿ˜›

5) The last Imran-Mariam scene...lol...and the fighting cycle finally ends...almost surprisingly calmly/casually...they were almost just as matter of fact as they were while "fighting" two epis back about the issue๐Ÿ˜†

The thing that amused me the most about this scene was the way Imran's righteous irritation/anger INSTANTLY evaporated the moment Mariam tried to apologize for her rude behavior...lol the way he instantly stopped her from apologizing...nice touch...and the final bit where he asks her, "Are you sure?" and she replies that it is only Allah that she is answerable to...thus answering the question he had posed a day back...and then the smile that breaks out...lol Imran-Mariam actually smiling at each other...miracles indeed.

Oh Yes the fighting ended quiet quickly and calmly.๐Ÿ˜†
Aap kyun jaa rahe hai? Achha to ab is baat par jhagadne aayi ho๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† He was stumped by the sorry as it was completely unexpected.Aajkal Imranmiya smiles and laughs a lot.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Fiza is epic na๐Ÿ˜†she never leaves any chance to sunaofy her bhaijaan๐Ÿ˜†

Imran too is very smart and knows well to taunt like saas does to bahu๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

oh God๐Ÿ˜†thankiu so much...finally this sequence came to an end and we'll get to see something more thn fight๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†
The thing that amused me the most about this scene was the way Imran's righteous irritation/anger INSTANTLY evaporated the moment Mariam tried to apologize for her rude behavior...app ne pyaar se maafi kya mangi hmara dil hi nikaal k le gayi app to๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†....again a song came in my mind...ye teri ankein juki juki ye tera chehra khila khila bdi kismat wala hai vo pyaar tera jise mila๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†..ones again were not able look at each other especially after Mariyam said that u can't go๐Ÿ˜†.lol the way he instantly stopped her from apologizing...nice touch...and the final bit where he asks her, "Are you sure?" and she replies that it is only Allah that she is answerable to...thus answering the question he had posed a day back...and then the smile that breaks out...lol Imran-Mariam actually smiling at each other...miracles indeed. ๐Ÿคฃumeed hai aise miracles hote hi rhenge๐Ÿ˜†

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
^ Happy Diwali to u & ur family, Anu! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Nice take on episode by u dear! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
soapbubble thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
So, Mariam comes around!
Nice build up - words from Imran, Salman Baig, Najma's misery, remembering that Tauseef would not have hesitated to train his daughter in any sport... she finally gathers her resolution. The confrontation with Younis is now inevitable but it may not be as tough as she first thought.

Imran knows how tough it is for her, but he thinks it's worth it - and they came onto one side, today, Marim. And I guess he's going to be there, hovering at the window sending her silent moral support in the days to come.

I found Mariam a bit funny - she had made up her mind and now Imran was threatening to leave Nabeel Public School - and she goes, "Kya!!! Aap nahin jaa sakte!" ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

And Imran miyan, ok, your beloved ma-beti are distressed with the situation but don't the other students matter at all? He was ready to abandon them all! ๐Ÿ˜›

Hasan and Barkha didn't look their best in the "La ilaha ilallah" scene - too tired, for some reason, but never mind - this series runs on nuanced writing.

BTW, Younis and Jamaal cracked me up with the chase sequence!! ๐Ÿคฃ
Bubble
Edited by soapbubble - 9 years ago
alwaysaTVFan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Res. Will update after watching epi. couldn't watch last night
*** EDITED

Hey there... wonderful post again... and I loved the usage of the word 'transition'... this was an episode of movement... ๐Ÿ‘

This girl... I am glad I am not her mother, I would have to be very careful around her... ๐Ÿ˜† she speaks her mind so easily and with conviction. I am imagining her to grow up and be a firebrand ... and yes Salman... awww... typical grandpa ๐Ÿ˜Š

Some of the best lines are given to Fizaa. and the kid is sooo cute... I think she really enjoys pulling his leg so much ... these kids must be a laughter riot on the sets๐Ÿ˜›

@Bold... that was a very very good dialogue... the table-turning one I guess! and Imran is such a kid... he couldnt resist that jibe when he saw her... and how will these people communicate without Najma and Manu ๐Ÿ˜†

I am not very sure about this scene. I expected Salman Baig to question her a bit more. or be perceptive about where is she going with her questions.

Imran in sunglasses... UFF... distraction again ๐Ÿ˜ณ and I was shocked how he was like "no its all OK" when he saw her apologise... he melted so easily ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜† He holds grudges against the kid, but not the mother ???๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜†

That was a very pleasant sight to watch. both of them smiling... at the same time... and for the same reason ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Edited by always_a_TV_fan - 9 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Thanks for the replies, guys :)
And Happy Diwali to everyone from my side as well!
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: spidie

Nothing really flusters Salman Baig. He simply walks in asks what the problem is , solves it and leaves.๐Ÿ˜† I love that perpetually bemused at the world smile/laugh he's always got going...he brings such positivity into any scene he's in and the show as a whole

I loved Mariam- Najma scene.Najmas real concern of hurting her mom and telling her I cant control my dreams but I can atleast prevent you from getting hurt. Mariam telling Najma call me also in your dreams today I would love to watch you play with your dad. ๐Ÿ˜› Yeah it was a very touching bit...as it is Mariam was melting around that point, this just melted her further

Oh Yes the fighting ended quiet quickly and calmly.๐Ÿ˜†
Aap kyun jaa rahe hai? Achha to ab is baat par jhagadne aayi ho๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† He was stumped by the sorry as it was completely unexpected.Aajkal Imranmiya smiles and laughs a lot.๐Ÿ˜ƒ LOL I love it when he gets stumped๐Ÿ˜†...and the way he'll never quite look at Mariam for most of their convos...first time he looked at her directly and smiled was in the very end after she says she's only answerable to God...

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Seebz

I think she should listen more to Her Sasurjaan than Yunus Bhai. This way her life would have less tensions and more solutions. Don't you think? I guess that is what she will eventually be doing more of

Isn't it amazing? how simply writers express Big and noble thoiughts in simple words! The simplicity of the show is plausible! Imran's word had a quick impact on her, she seems to be in the need of his coaching more than anyone else.๐Ÿ˜† It was nice how elegantly she replied and he smiled in a 'Good for you' or 'Good job' way.๐Ÿ˜Š Yeh, Miracle indeed! Seeing Monday's episode, it felt like it would take more than it did for Mariam to agree but it didn't. Indeed it is...I also enjoy the simplicity of the dialogues and the show as a whole...

Monday's epi was more about a Mariam feeling overwhelmed by all the drama this situation was creating...but she got two whole epis to ponder over Imran's words so it was good build up for why she made the decision she did๐Ÿ˜Š