OS - Hammerings of the Heart!

ddsoaps thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Shanti this is for you!

OS - Hammerings of the Heart!

Shobha tied up her hair in a loose bun, pushed the ends of her pallu into her waist and pushed the sofa to the corner with Garu's help...

Garu, "Bhabs couldn't your office send someone to help us?...I mean this is a man's work." Raising her hands to the ceiling she complained, "Where are the men from this earth? Sanjay...and everyone...gosh Bhabhi."

They somehow managed to place some things around the living room, enough so they could habitat for that night. Shobha looked around and thought ok the rest can be done tomorrow, but she needed a hammer...she had to put up that painting of Mata Rani...it was very dear to her, and that shelf, and the stand...Oh Gawd!

She looked around but could not figure out if they had one. It was always Samarth who got these things sorted through his so called men. Taking a deep breath, she said, "Garu hang on let me go ask the neighbours if they can lend me a hammer...I'll be back...Garu why dont you go and get some sandwiches for us to eat from the Snack Corner in the next building."

"Yes Bhabs...I will." and she was gone!

The flat on her floor had a padlock on it. She went up to the top floor and stood for a second outside of it. Should she? should she not? Ofcourse ...I am sure the people will be nice...not everyone was rude like her Sadu Boss!

Ting-tong...she rang the bell...the door opened...and Shobha found herself staring at an elderly woman with the weirdest of hairstyles...I mean plaits and ribbons! but with the broadest of warm smiles.

"Bolo beti kya hua?"

"Auntiji mein aapki nayi neighbour hunn...third floor pe?...hum aaj shift hue hai...mujhe hathoda chaahiye tha.."

"Are beti andar toh aao...chai bana lunn...tum bohot thaki hui lag rahi ho"

Vikram just out of shower had decided to read up the book "The Man who Fed the World" was striding just outside the door when he heard his Naani's voice and another very very familiar one..Frowning he stopped right there! Wait! was he dreaming?...wait...can't be...let me check it out, it can't be happening...thought Vikram..

He walked to the door and stared in shock and she stared back at him with an equally shocking glare, You? Oh Gawd!"

Naani looked at her grandson and the beautiful helpless woman at the door! So she was the one her young lad was losing sleep over! Hmmm!

Naani saw both of them glaring at each other. But before the war could start again, she decided to take the matter in her hands, "Vikram jao aur hathoda lekar aao."

Vikram placing his hands on his waist, "What Naani? No!"

Shobha couldn't help but be shocked, Naani! Oh yeah Sandeep had mentioned it once. The old lady seemed very kind-hearted...not like her khadoos grandson!

"Vikram...joh meine kaha woh karo."

Vikram dressed in tracks, chappals and a Gap Tee, ran his hands through his yet wet hair and went looking for the Great Hammer!

Naani opened the door wider and beckoned Shobha to come in and wait. Shobha stood at the door and thanked her saying, "Next time Auntiji...bohot kaam hai...aur kal kaam pe bhi..."

"Haan...beti mein samaj sakti hunn...aur mera pota joh hai.,.woh toh tumhe chutti dene waalon mein se nahi hai."

Vikram came holding the hammer in his hand and put it forward for her to take it from him, "Here, return it in one piece!!"

She snapped back, "What can happen to a hammer Sir? But shukriya Auntyji...mein jaldi..."

Naani interrupted, "Ruko Vikram...hatode ke kaam, mardon ka hota hai, jao aur apne secatry ki madat karo."

Vikram snapped back at his Naani, "What? I am busy Naani...please! she is not a kid...she can manage..."

Naani placing her arms at her waist commanded her grandson, "Batameezi ki hadd hoti hai...yahan woh tumhari secetry nahi hai...nayi naveli padosan hai..jao...madat karo...tere Naana ne bhi meri madat ki thi...agar nahi ki thi...toh tu yahan abb lamba sa mushtanda khada nahi hota. Jaise mein kaha...waise karo."

She coul dnot believe what she just heard, the way Vikram stood there and did not fight back with his Naani and gave into her demands this easily. Surprise, surprise!

"Auntiji no no thanks...I can manage.." Shobha no ways wanted the man in her house now.

"No manage beti...his duty to help...agar yeh nahi aa sakta toh mein help karoongi aap ki"

Vikram walked out with the hammer in hand, screaming at her, "Come on now...what are you standing there for, and wasting yours and my precious time."

She followed him and led him into their house, turned to him and said, "Sir you don't need to do this...I can manage."

Vikram fuming now, hammer in hand came close enough to her saying, "I know you are superwoman, but I am doing this just for my Naani, you get that?" She nodded, ...what was that woody scent? Must be his shower gel...That's why he looked more pissed than required. Was probably relaxing at home and now his Naani got him to do this. The cleanliness freak that he was!

He looked into those large kohl-lined defiant eyes...mocking him for some reason...that she had reduced him to her handyman for the moment...He gulped hard and took a step back, "Where?"

She indicated what had to be fixed. He rolled up the sleeves of his Tee and again barked, "Don't just stand there, assist me...come."

She helped him with the stand...and passed him the hooks and nails...watching him at work...Samarth had never held a hammer...or fixed anything in the house ever! He just ordered his men to do so. And here was her Boss! Such was life...strange man!

They worked in tandem when suddenly, "Damn" cursed Vikram and winced in pain! He had just hit the hammer into his left index finger.

"Kya hua" asked Shobha naturally.. He got down and she noticed him wincing in pain. "Damn" cursing under his breath.

"I am so sorry Sir, Let me look for some ice...wait...meri wajah se."

'You are damn right...tumhari wajah se...and my foolishness in agreeing to help you."

She gave him a nasty look and rushed into the kitchen looking for an ice pack that she always kept for her kids.

She came back with an ice pack and handed it over to him. He took it from her, their fingers brushed against each other...despite the cold pack her fingers felt warm. She pulled back her hand. He looked at her averted gaze and uneasiness.

"Thanks...just show what next is to be fixed and you can go and sort your other stuff. I can handle it on my own."

She nodded and softly explained what had to be fixed where. And then she turned and walked away from him into another room. He observed her tall figure, just then her bun had given way and those long tresses cascaded down her back softly...it made a lovely sight! ☺️He gulped hard...and could not understand why she affected him in this way!

hugs

dd

Thank you for liking and commenting on my previous OS. This is another one, the idea came from Shanti ofcourse!πŸ˜†

p.s. I have spelt secatry the way Naani would have said it πŸ˜†...You see I am missing Naani a lot since Monday...so I hope we see more of her today than MIL!

Edited by ddsoaps - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Veni-Vidi-Vici thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
loved it...Naani made Vik help Sho..nice...
Return it in one piece..πŸ˜†
SuperChillz1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Naani πŸ˜† we might actually see this happening in today's episode πŸ˜†
Nice os πŸ˜ƒ
varshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
D,another awesome OSπŸ€— ...I am beginning to wonder if you are clairvoyant after all...ur neighbors played out yesterday and this just might too...

Regarding Samarth , Vikram and the hammer...ur line 'Such was life '.. took me back to another time and another placeπŸ˜†
ddsoaps thumbnail

Originally posted by: varshu27

D,another awesome OSπŸ€— ...I am beginning to wonder if you are clairvoyant after all...ur neighbors played out yesterday and this just might too...

Regarding Samarth , Vikram and the hammer...ur line 'Such was life '.. took me back to another time and another placeπŸ˜†

@varshu πŸ˜† don't know yaar...I never thought they would end up neighbours😲. I am surprised...but I cracked up yesterday...

I hope now this time as well Naani pushes him to help like a gentleman! I doubt though considering Vikram and his ego! πŸ˜†

ddsoaps thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vidishaa

loved it...Naani made Vik help Sho..nice...

Return it in one piece..πŸ˜†

Yeah he is capable of saying that for the heck of itπŸ˜†
ddsoaps thumbnail

Originally posted by: SuperChillz1

Naani πŸ˜† we might actually see this happening in today's episode πŸ˜†

Nice os πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks May..look forward to your next OS too!
ddsoaps thumbnail

Originally posted by: shobha21

Fab OS...just loved it.

Thanks Shobha!πŸ˜ƒ
Suvika. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
"Batameezi ki hadd hoti hai...yahan woh tumhari secetry nahi hai...nayi naveli padosan hai..jao...madat karo...tere Naana ne bhi meri madat ki thi...agar nahi ki thi...toh tu yahan abb lamba sa mushtanda khada nahi hota. Jaise mein kaha...waise karo."

This one had me in splits DD. And the way he gave her the hammer and told her to return it in one piece!! LOL!!

I could see the characters in every dialogue and scene. Very well written. Loved it.

Thank you for this OS. πŸ˜ƒ
ddsoaps thumbnail

Originally posted by: Suvika.

"Batameezi ki hadd hoti hai...yahan woh tumhari secetry nahi hai...nayi naveli padosan hai..jao...madat karo...tere Naana ne bhi meri madat ki thi...agar nahi ki thi...toh tu yahan abb lamba sa mushtanda khada nahi hota. Jaise mein kaha...waise karo."

This one had me in splits DD. And the way he gave her the hammer and told her to return it in one piece!! LOL!!

I could see the characters in every dialogue and scene. Very well written. Loved it.

Thank you for this OS. πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks Suvi...this OS happened just like that this morning. Shanti wanted one on the Hammer!πŸ˜†