Simple words are simply effective!!

Seebz thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Hello All, It's my first official post on TSHJA forum. I came across this show by luck I suppose. I was sort of checking someother show, less than a week ago, online on my friend's recommendation when i came across this show ,and no idea why but here i am making this post Now. 😊😳
So coming to my topic, This is what I felt today when i watched today's epi.(I don't know if i change my mind later😆) Maryam/Mariam and Imran were apt with their words keeping it as real as we could get on screen and as aware as they should be of their surrounding. I admire ( no idea why😕😆) both of their body language with one-another. You know what I mean right!😛

Mariam called from behind while as an instructor Imran was instructing and as parent-teacher discuss a matter concerning their child/student, they did. Without diverting from the "point" Mariam and Imran discussed Najma, Tennis and one-another.

I liked how Imran expressed his surprise at Maryam's behavior on this Tennis issue concerning Najma. His ignorance about Mariam situation came out. Now before any of you say 'WTH' at my mention of 'his ignorance' read what i am trying to say, When she said a bit frankly that, 'It is easy for you to say I am not a good mother' (I think she said something like this) she went on to simply state this dialogue,

"Ek baap ki beti hoti, ek shauhar ki biwi hoti hai, ek bahu hoti hai sasuraal ki. Zindagi mein aurat har kisi ki kuch na kuch hoti hai bas apni hi nahi ho pati"(@bold👏) For some reason, It just made me smile and left ,'so true' expression on my face.😊

In simple words, she conveyed the perspective of society or family, what is expected from her but nobody really cares what she may expect from society (Italics is my extension of her statement which continues) a little support to do something different to proof herself, to make a place in this society in a way she wants. To push her limits perhaps but she may not be entrusted with such trust of hope. I know that Najma may not be looking at the situation as deeply but I am sort of trying to interpret what Mariam may mean by her talk. In short, Society is selfish, I would say in a way you ask someone to do something for you but when they expect or ask something in return, you shrug it off with excuses( By 'you', I mean to say society)

This compels Imran to question her further,'Kyun?' This question educate (if this is the right term😕) Imran about her situation a little up-close. I remember Mamu mentioning the hardships Marma (Mariam-Najma) go through but he gets an insight directly from Mariam, where she tells him vaguely about her situation. Frustration and tension she has to go through and restrictions she has to put up with because Tauseef is no more. The fact that she is a women and her words would not be as effective as Tauseef's could have been. If we ignore Younus, we have Nasima and other loud mouths to create un-needed sound to torture the wounded soul of a widow and scold at an Innocent child who simply is starting to wonder her potential. It sounded like she is unknownigly looking for a way to please pretty much everyone😲😆)(Someone tell her that it is not possible😭) She can't please this society/Samaaj/Mashra, it seems as hard as time travel🥱

Going few weeks back (I don't how many but few) when Imran raised his hand on Najma and Mariam entered the room to catch him in the act, she asked him to act like a teacher!😲😛 He acted on that advise today, practically!👏He asked her, "Aap ka khuda kaun? Samaaj hai ya Allah Miya? Ye Faisla aap ko karna hai! Kiski bandagi karni hai? samaaj ki ya Khuda ki? Yeh Faisla app ko kar na!"👏 His questions were her answers in disguise. He told her that she does have a choice. Her look was of a surprise when he walked away finishing his thoughts. As I said, he taught her something important today as a teacher👍🏼 He did not say that he understood everything Mariam and Najma go through directly, but he encouraged her to take a stand for her daughter. She should be worried about her 'bandagi' towards Allah. A talented and passionate child like Najma is Allah's blessing and she should be paying attention to that only! Nothing Else. Once she does that, She'll do justice to her daughter, to her deceased husband and more importantly, to herself as a mother!.😊

Mariam has fit in the role of a women society proposes for a women but letting her daughter play Tennis, is something society does not allow a women to do. This is something that is not done so this is a state of 'panic' for her because she is new at thisand without any guidance until his questions will help her find an answer of her own. She will work to set an example for the society, she is so sacred of!

Najma has become such a link to connect these two, not romantically but circumstantially. Imran has a past which broke him completely thus we see his usual outburst with his Mamu but hopefully he will take his own advise and act on it. He should not blame himself for his daughter's death and drown himself in Alcohol. Instead, in her memory, he should do something that would make her smile, the smile he would have done anything for. Luckily, Najma has become a food for thought for good in recent episodes that had enforced a smile on his face.

I noticed that Mariam was a bit direct or comfortable with Imran in this episode, in comparison to previous ones which is a good development. I liked her reply when she reached home. When Nasima was speculating that Najma may be playing 'Tennis' She said loud and clear,'Nahi' which startled both of the women a bit. Her words that, 'how she plucked Najma's dream from her eyes and threw hard on something called reality.' carried some remorse perhaps or I am seeing it that way. Her frustration with herself was evident in that moment that how Najma has been doing what Mariam asked her yet she misunderstood her. When she she hears Najma's words they, she realizes Imran words carry more weight than they seemed to. He did not encourage Najma to go against Mariam while Najma did nothing as she thought.

Even though there were not any Imran-Najma scene, they were two individuals who worked to cleared Mariam's misunderstanding. Imran informed how Najma has been avoiding playing Tennis while Najma told her how the tennis cap was just a 'get-well-soon' cap to make her smile.😊

Wow, I realize I have written longer post than i wanted. It won't happen again in future if there are any in future😳 Apologies😳

There were few more points I wanted to add but I would conclude it here. Hope what I said in a big post make at least a little sense. Thanks for reading. Share you thoughts if you like.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
really it was lengthy...but yeah as it was yor first post and not so many ppl make posts in the forums..so alwayz hv few to go thru..so yeah i did to this post too...
was really a good take dude..:)
facts were quite interesting...and yeah Mariyam really felt that frustration over there when she came back home and had to listen again all about Najma playing tennis...they way she shunned both the ladies with js a word.."Nahi"...was a sign ...as before a storm some fast winds blow...she said a word ..looking for more frm her side in future..to support her daughter😃
Edited by BabbaR_SheR - 9 years ago
alwaysaTVFan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Very good post.
Yes, their discussion was real, no drama. Both of them expressed clearly (and quite comfortably 😳) about their thoughts on the matter
soapbubble thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
That sharp retort that Mariam gave Naseema - my daughter has sacrificed her dreams for you - but what will make you happy?!
That gives me hope.
Seebz thumbnail

Originally posted by: BabbaR_SheR

really it was lengthy Yes, it was.😳 neurons were firing up in my brain😆I'll try to keep'em short...but yeah as it was yor first post and not so many ppl make posts in the forums..so alwayz hv few to go thru..so yeah i did to this post too...

was really a good take dude..:) Thank You😊
facts were quite interesting...and yeah Mariyam really felt that frustration over there when she came back home and had to listen again all about Najma playing tennis...they way she shunned both the ladies with js a word.."Nahi"...was a sign ...as before a storm some fast winds blow...she said a word ..looking for more frm her side in future..to support her daughter😃 Imran's words had a quick effect on her😆Yes she will have to say something and it may come little by little. She needs to start replying to Nasima the moment she starts criticizing her or Najma. Hope this continues and there are more smiles than tears.

Word Count: 1

Seebz thumbnail

Originally posted by: always_a_TV_fan

Very good post. Thanks😊

Yes, their discussion was real, no drama. Both of them expressed clearly (and quite comfortably 😳) about their thoughts on the matter Yes, I agree. After the dargah scenario I was happy to see that he expressed his thoughts in quite a smart way. He spoke as a teacher not a 'pasodi' Few things that she should pay attention to as a mother.

Word Count: 1

Seebz thumbnail
There is now more thing worth mentioning in the epi. that how Imran asked her 'what is it with her that she yells whenever she wants!' All the frustration she had due to Padosi Shabnam she simply took out on him and due to Yunus words she just got mad at him again without asking for a reason!😕
Now he would be expecting nothing but some kind of yelling when he sees her!😆

Originally posted by: Seebz

There is now more thing worth mentioning in the epi. that how Imran asked her 'what is it with her that she yells whenever she wants!' All the frustration she had due to Padosi Shabnam she simply took out on him and due to Yunus words she just got mad at him again without asking for a reason!😕

Now he would be expecting nothing but some kind of yelling when he sees her!😆

😆n guess what...in the precap too he said that "kya apke ghar mein sabko jhagda krne ki ilava kuj aur nai ata"😆?
dint even listen to her ones but said that😆
Seebz thumbnail

Originally posted by: BabbaR_SheR

😆n guess what...in the precap too he said that "kya apke ghar mein sabko jhagda krne ki ilava kuj aur nai ata"😆?

dint even listen to her ones but said that😆

😆
His past experience was enough. In Dargah, He kept explaining and she just reacted in an unexpected way for him.

In school he gave her a chance to speak and yet again the blame game continued so he thought he should take the lead this time😆 Now whatever comes from her mouth would be more surprising to him than we can expect