AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
A relatively filler-ish epi today or rather what I'd call the kind of epi I expect in general from TSH ki pace😆...

1) The Imran-Mariam confrontation was obviously the big high point today...I liked the execution...it didn't go about in the typical high-voltage way of a daily soap and both Mariam and Imran got to put their viewpoints across.

Mariam it seems has gotten very easily influenced by all she hears Younis or others say about Imran all the time and so she goes ahead and accuses Imran of the very same...she vents out all her frustration to him...and Imran is at first confused by her accusations but then lets her have it...some solid home truths she really needed to hear.

The dialogues in this scene were very well written...first being the way Imran remarks that it's quite sad that as a mother she can't see the yearning in her child for this sport...that she is unable to see the special talent in her own child...Imran has a style of plain-speak that I quite like...no histrionics or sappy lines but his words carry weight in them.

And Mariam remarking that it's so easy for him to say all this as a man and not understand the restrictions a woman has to face in society (ironic considering just a couple epis back cuz we saw how much Imran DOES understand how difficult it is for a woman)...but Mariam's POV was understandable...give her background and the society she's grown up in...a society where a woman is expected to play many roles, live for many people but never live for herself and her own dreams...that as a widow it's all the more difficult for her...that she isn't happily choking her child's dreams.

Imran's reply to this was perfect...you have to decide who you are answerable to...your God or to society...lovely dialogues👏

Mariam is obviously heavily conflicted as we could see throughout the epi...when she comes home, her reply to Naseema makes this apparent as she remarks about how she has gone ahead and choked her child's dreams...none of this is easy on Mariam either...

2) The small Imran-Maamu scene where Imran informs him of the incident with Mariam...and Maamu as usual wanting to go and defend his pyara bhaanja😆...Yet again I loved the sorted way in which Imran handled this...he told him that he's said his piece...aur ab koi aur baat nahin hogi...

And for once...VERY surprisingly might I add...we see IMRAN wanting to treat Maamu to something different...chicken for dinner😆...and when Maamu asks him who will make it and Imran goes that he will, the way Maamu starts laughing...cute😆

3) The ending scene...while I honestly don't get why Mariam needed this CLARIFICATION that Imran was not "behkaaoing" Najma😕...I mean wasn't it OBVIOUS? Anyways...apparently she needed to hear it from the horse's mouth i.e Najma herself...and she seems to finally believe it but remains conflicted not knowing what to do...she doesn't yet have the strength to battle both family and society to help Najma pursue this dream.

Precap: Seems like tomorrow will be another filler epi with Mariam being shouted at?😕😆...Oh well.
Edited by AreYaar - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I loved Imraan and his dialogues and I love his attitude. But Mariam really disappointed me😕.

One thing I totally agree she is not in a situation where she could allow her daughter to play tennis and she would try and dissuade her from pursuing it. But certain things which I did not like today were:
1. She does not listen to even a single word Najma says. Atleast hear her out first. And this is not the first time either.😕 She keeps on repeating hame kuchh nahi sunna. 😆 Ek baar to suno.

2. She remembers Tauseefs words that he would make his daughter an international player.And the next moment she is agar Younisbhai maan bhi gaye to samaaj ka kya?😕😆

3.The last scene where Najma had to literally spell out how Imran has never behekaofied her to play tennis. After knowing completely what transpired between the two she still has doubts😕😕😆

But I absolutely loved Imran today. Especially his simple reply to Mariam ke aap khud hi sochlo apko kiski bandagi karni hai ,Khuda ki ya samaaj ki. And his final line saying You tell Najma not to come near me, as I would not be able to crush her dreams.

Imran - Mamu scene was cute. Mamu ki to nikal padi.It was actually Imran who was trying to cheer up Mamu😆

Precap: I think Mariam has a solid opening to just take out all her frustration😆 She can just latch onto the opportunity and turn the tables on Younis and his wife😆 IAap logo ke kehne se hi maine apni mamta ka gala ghota aur Najma ke sapne. Ofcourse not in such melodramatic way but still.
CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AreYaar

A relatively filler-ish epi today or rather what I'd call the kind of epi I expect in general from TSH ki pace😆...

1) The Imran-Mariam confrontation was obviously the big high point today...I liked the execution...it didn't go about in the typical high-voltage way of a daily soap and both Mariam and Imran got to put their viewpoints across.

Mariam it seems has gotten very easily influenced by all she hears Younis or others say about Imran all the time and so she goes ahead and accuses Imran of the very same...she vents out all her frustration to him...and Imran is at first confused by her accusations but then lets her have it...some solid home truths she really needed to hear....she has to..as she is not left with any option after Tauseef in this conservative society...now all matters to her is her late husband's family and their sayings...so she has to trust and accept whatever they say...lol...he was so confused now what i did😆and for the first time...yes for the first time..no hesiatition was there in his eyes for looking at her...no distration...he was looking to her staright way and give her a piece of his ind so starightly by telling her the reality...that whatever she is doing to her daughter s not justified ..how can she be so rude to her own daughter...loved their confrontation actally😃

The dialogues in this scene were very well written...first being the way Imran remarks that it's quite sad that as a mother she can't see the yearning in her child for this sport...that she is unable to see the special talent in her own child...Imran has a style of plain-speak that I quite like...no histrionics or sappy lines but his words carry weight in them.

And Mariam remarking that it's so easy for him to say all this as a man and not understand the restrictions a woman has to face in society (ironic considering just a couple epis back cuz we saw how much Imran DOES understand how difficult it is for a woman)...but Mariam's POV was understandable...give her background and the society she's grown up in...a society where a woman is expected to play many roles, live for many people but never live for herself and her own dreams...that as a widow it's all the more difficult for her...that she isn't happily choking her child's dreams.
even loved how she clarified and justified her opinion..as she isa widow and cant do nything but has to restrict her own dauther for the sake of society's conservative nature...she cant let her daughter go against the society...

the dialogues are alwayz so well written n dilevered...all the actors seems so maure and professional😊...he undrstands how difficult it is to be with some accusations but he doesnt get that y a mother cant stand by her daughter to fulfill her dreams
Imran's reply to this was perfect...you have to decide who you are answerable to...your God or to society...lovely dialogues👏

Mariam is obviously heavily conflicted as we could see throughout the epi...when she comes home, her reply to Naseema makes this apparent as she remarks about how she has gone ahead and choked her child's dreams...none of this is easy on Mariam either...

2) The small Imran-Maamu scene where Imran informs him of the incident with Mariam...and Maamu as usual wanting to go and defend his pyara bhaanja😆...Yet again I loved the sorted way in which Imran handled this...he told him that he's said his piece...aur ab koi aur baat nahin hogi...

And for once...VERY surprisingly might I add...we see IMRAN wanting to treat Maamu to something different...chicken for dinner😆...and when Maamu asks him who will make it and Imran goes that he will, the way Maamu starts laughing...cute😆
😆they both rock together...sasti abzi ko kha kr mehmngi bna dete hain😆...n i was shocked when he said he'll make chicken😲😆

3) The ending scene...while I honestly don't get why Mariam needed this CLARIFICATION that Imran was not "behkaaoing" Najma😕...I mean wasn't it OBVIOUS? Anyways...apparently she needed to hear it from the horse's mouth i.e Najma herself...and she seems to finally believe it but remains conflicted not knowing what to do...she doesn't yet have the strength to battle both family and society to help Najma pursue this dream.
Najma did well their part...clarifying all the issues...but Mariyam cant help it..she is so stuck between family and daughter...but yes as the spoiler says that she will stand for najma soon😃

Precap: Seems like tomorrow will be another filler epi with Mariam being shouted at?😕😆...Oh well.
😆but yeah she threw that in store😆oh God...a reason more to get shouted at😆

Word Count: 1

alwaysaTVFan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Res
*** oops... i messed up... my comments are in a post below... double post ho gayi...
Edited by always_a_TV_fan - 9 years ago
soapbubble thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
I really liked the MarIm confrontation today. And I also like the way she hared off without letting anyone know - for some reason, it seemed a little intimate. She HAD to thrash it out with him and off she went...
Yes, she was rude by throwing that cap down but she did get her side out - told him her hands were tied by her circumstances, and although she was strident, it seemed to me like she was explaining - wanting him to understand where she was coming from - in asking him to keep away from her and her daughter.

Of course, the behkaana bit was a little too much - but the point had come up and she wanted to clarify it, maybe. Maybe she wanted to tell him, this is what they're saying - are you really pushing my daughter into attitudes that bring her in conflict with her family? This is already a big mess.

And really like the way Imran talked back - set her priorities right and asked her a heavy-duty, fairly fundamental question - who is your God? What are you surrendering to - Him or the society around you?

I get the feeling that Mariam still doesn't understand why tennis is such a big deal. Najma is talking high - mulk ke liye khelna etc but Mariam still basically thinks of it as Najma's childish desire to be like her Abbu. She doesn't see it as her huge talent, a huge potential, her huge destiny. Maybe watching her in action will settle how imperative it is for her to support Najma.

Another point of interest - yes, Imran was perturbed enough to come home early but he was not that shaken - he was calm, even cheerful in wanting a murgi for dinner... I suppose that he said everything he wanted to... and the fact that even if they disagree, there is an essential match in sensibilities between him and Mariam that it soothes him. I know I'm reading a lot into it but you can see that he sees common ground - he can ask Mariam such an intimate, personal question - who is your God? -- and it is not out of place in their budding equation. I found that fascinating.

I hated the precap. Will Naseema let go of any, ANY opportunity to have Mariam hauled up in front of the Baig Family Court? For the first time, Mariam was a little sharp and bitter with Naseema yesterday - I hope she's angry enough to say - how do you honour my marhoom shauhar? By choking his daughter of her dreams? Anyway even if she doesn't I hope it tips Mariam into some courage. She's going to be damned in this family for everything anyway - it might as well be for standing up for her daughter.
Bubble
Edited by soapbubble - 9 years ago
alwaysaTVFan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Hey 😊 Once again, wonderful post 😊

Originally posted by: AreYaar

A relatively filler-ish epi today or rather what I'd call the kind of epi I expect in general from TSH ki pace😆... agreed...

@bold ... so true... there wasnt too much drama, and I could really focus on what they were saying instead of how they were saying it

Mariam it seems has gotten very easily influenced by all she hears Younis or others say about Imran all the time and so she goes ahead and accuses Imran of the very same...she vents out all her frustration to him...and Imran is at first confused by her accusations but then lets her have it...some solid home truths she really needed to hear.

@bold I was pleasantly surprised about the 'honesty' in their argument. They kept it very simple. She said what she wanted to say, he came back and hit her hard with truths she didn't want to face. There was absolutely no 'ego' in that exchange. It was about Najma. It wasn't about them at all. How easy it would have been to get 'personal' in a fight, but they refrained.

Would it be too silly of me to say I was distracted by the way he was holding the tennis racquet, and was really scared that he would throw it on someone or something 😆

@bold, agreed 100%. As much as I'd like to label her thought process as old-school, she is the one who lives in that society, and in that situation. I may actually make a separate post on her lines, if I get some time today 😳

THIS was the surprise element for me yesterday!!! I was waiting to see how he would answer her. She was right in her own place. She didn't stand a chance... the answer he gave (and that should have lit a fire in her IMO) is actually a 'choice' for her to make. He didn't tell her what she should do. Because that was not his place. He just told her to choose for herself!👏

I was waiting to see Imran cook 😭💔

@bold... for dramatic effect I guess 😆 I mean, after that discussion with him, she should have known, if she didn't earlier.

My eyes were focussed on Najma's face and her expressions... 😭

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: spidie

I loved Imraan and his dialogues and I love his attitude. But Mariam really disappointed me😕.

One thing I totally agree she is not in a situation where she could allow her daughter to play tennis and she would try and dissuade her from pursuing it. But certain things which I did not like today were:
1. She does not listen to even a single word Najma says. Atleast hear her out first. And this is not the first time either.😕 She keeps on repeating hame kuchh nahi sunna. 😆 Ek baar to suno.

2. She remembers Tauseefs words that he would make his daughter an international player.And the next moment she is agar Younisbhai maan bhi gaye to samaaj ka kya?😕😆

3.The last scene where Najma had to literally spell out how Imran has never behekaofied her to play tennis. After knowing completely what transpired between the two she still has doubts😕😕😆

But I absolutely loved Imran today. Especially his simple reply to Mariam ke aap khud hi sochlo apko kiski bandagi karni hai ,Khuda ki ya samaaj ki. And his final line saying You tell Najma not to come near me, as I would not be able to crush her dreams.

Imran - Mamu scene was cute. Mamu ki to nikal padi.It was actually Imran who was trying to cheer up Mamu😆

Precap: I think Mariam has a solid opening to just take out all her frustration😆 She can just latch onto the opportunity and turn the tables on Younis and his wife😆 IAap logo ke kehne se hi maine apni mamta ka gala ghota aur Najma ke sapne. Ofcourse not in such melodramatic way but still.

I think Mariam is overwhelmed right now by all the pressure the family is putting on her with regards to getting Najma "in line"...notice in the opening scene also the way Younis instantly turns to Mariam and goes, "Dekh rahi hain aap?" as if to give her a cue to go and scold Najma for her wayward ways again...so Mariam bows to the pressure and takes out her helplessness on Najma.

As someone else just mentioned, Mariam herself really doesn't fully GET Najma's obsession with Tennis either...she herself is sort of bewildered by it and if she softens about it, it's only in reference to Tauseef cuz it reminds her of Tauseef's passion for sports...but at her core, she's a very conservative woman herself...this stuff is all like alien to her so she's having a hard time grappling with it...that her own daughter is anything but conservative and falling in line with the rules and expectations that society expects of her as a female.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: soapbubble

Of course, the behkaana bit was a little too much - but the point had come up and she wanted to clarify it, maybe. Maybe she wanted to tell him, this is what they're saying - are you really pushing my daughter into attitudes that bring her in conflict with her family? This is already a big mess. The irritating part was the way she piled on to her previous accusations of how he's following her around...again insinuating that his intentions aren't correct...that she brought that up again before launching into how he's "behkaaoing" Najma was😕

And really like the way Imran talked back - set her priorities right and asked her a heavy-duty, fairly fundamental question - who is your God? What are you surrendering to - Him or the society around you?

I get the feeling that Mariam still doesn't understand why tennis is such a big deal. Najma is talking high - mulk ke liye khelna etc but Mariam still basically thinks of it as Najma's childish desire to be like her Abbu. She doesn't see it as her huge talent, a huge potential, her huge destiny. Maybe watching her in action will settle how imperative it is for her to support Najma. Good point...I also agree with this...Mariam isn't yet able to wrap her head around Najma's passion for Tennis...she still dismisses it a bit as a childish zidd...but watching Najma in action may finally get Mariam to understand what Tennis really means to Najma.

Another point of interest - yes, Imran was perturbed enough to come home early but he was not that shaken - he was calm, even cheerful in wanting a murgi for dinner... I suppose that he said everything he wanted to... and the fact that even if they disagree, there is an essential match in sensibilities between him and Mariam that it soothes him. I know I'm reading a lot into it but you can see that he sees common ground - he can ask Mariam such an intimate, personal question - who is your God? -- and it is not out of place in their budding equation. I found that fascinating. @bold: Interesting point...yes there is indeed remarkable candor in their equation...neither of them hesitated in laying out their thoughts/opinions on the issue...it was a very honest confrontation...I don't think it really speaks for intimacy in so much as Imran's integrity as a person...to him these are questions of personal integrity and he never hesitates in speaking his mind on that topic...that is why he asked her who she wants to be answerable to...God or society...

I hated the precap. Will Naseema let go of any, ANY opportunity to have Mariam hauled up in front of the Baig Family Court? For the first time, Mariam was a little sharp and bitter with Naseema yesterday - I hope she's angry enough to say - how do you honour my marhoom shauhar? By choking his daughter of her dreams? Anyway even if she doesn't I hope it tips Mariam into some courage. She's going to be damned in this family for everything anyway - it might as well be for standing up for her daughter. It would be a pleasant surprise if Mariam chooses this opportunity to vent out her hurt...or maybe Salman Baig will step in as he usually does in times like these...let's see how the scene goes
Bubble

Edited by AreYaar - 9 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: always_a_TV_fan

@bold I was pleasantly surprised about the 'honesty' in their argument. They kept it very simple. She said what she wanted to say, he came back and hit her hard with truths she didn't want to face. There was absolutely no 'ego' in that exchange. It was about Najma. It wasn't about them at all. How easy it would have been to get 'personal' in a fight, but they refrained. Excellent points you've made here...cut right to the heart of the matter👏...this is indeed what made the scene impressive

Would it be too silly of me to say I was distracted by the way he was holding the tennis racquet, and was really scared that he would throw it on someone or something 😆 LOL he was holding it upside down by the handle and still it was distracting you?😆

@bold, agreed 100%. As much as I'd like to label her thought process as old-school, she is the one who lives in that society, and in that situation. I may actually make a separate post on her lines, if I get some time today 😳 Her thought process is old school but that doesn't invalidate it...just because many of us come from a more progressive school of thought doesn't mean we should totally negate the old school thought process...as well as the challenges it poses vis a vis transitioning out of a comfort zone...you live your entire life with a certain mindset and suddenly you are faced with change...even if it's progressive...and that definitely makes you hesitate, makes you confused...that is what is happening with Mariam right now.

It is always easy to scornfully dismiss someone for worrying about what society might say but the person living it is the one who has it the hardest...to have to make those choices...it takes a lot of inner strength and a support system to overcome...

THIS was the surprise element for me yesterday!!! I was waiting to see how he would answer her. She was right in her own place. She didn't stand a chance... the answer he gave (and that should have lit a fire in her IMO) is actually a 'choice' for her to make. He didn't tell her what she should do. Because that was not his place. He just told her to choose for herself!👏 Exactly👏 That was the beauty of the dialogues...he left the choice to her...but he laid out all the information for her to mull over...hit at all the points needed...questioned her ability to understand her own child's pain, her talent...and Mariam did need to hear this, tough as it may be for her...cuz it rattles her out of the cage mindset that Younis and the others throw her into time and again.

I was waiting to see Imran cook 😭💔 LMAO maybe that is being saved for another day...I was shocked enough that the VOLUNTEERED to cook...I all but fainted with shock there😆😆

Word Count: 1

spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I think Mariam is overwhelmed right now by all the pressure the family is putting on her with regards to getting Najma "in line"...notice in the opening scene also the way Younis instantly turns to Mariam and goes, "Dekh rahi hain aap?" as if to give her a cue to go and scold Najma for her wayward ways again...so Mariam bows to the pressure and takes out her helplessness on Najma.

As someone else just mentioned, Mariam herself really doesn't fully GET Najma's obsession with Tennis either...she herself is sort of bewildered by it and if she softens about it, it's only in reference to Tauseef cuz it reminds her of Tauseef's passion for sports...but at her core, she's a very conservative woman herself...this stuff is all like alien to her so she's having a hard time grappling with it...that her own daughter is anything but conservative and falling in line with the rules and expectations that society expects of her as a female.

I dont know why but I got the impression that Mariyam understood Najmas passion as it was similar to his fathers .She knew Its in her blood and was actually scared that if its not nipped in the bud there will be no stopping her. I firmly believed that it was only Younis opposition that made her stop Najma from following any kind of sports. 😕 But now I think I get her as you said she herself is worried about her daughters future as the society generally does view a girl playing sports in a different and disdainful way. And she does not have her husband to support her. Maybe Imrans words and seeing Najma play will finally make her decide to support her daughter.