Originally posted by: BabbaR_SheR

ye gng kya hota hai?
saba: going
Younis : kya??
saba : going
Younis : going??iska OI kahan gaya??😆
saba: abbu ajkl aisa hi chlta hai😆😆
and upr se Naema😆😆

4) Younis's one-liners about Waqar's weight😆...
Belt chotti nai ho gai aap zada phel rhe hain😆😆

Precap: Mariam is going to go confront Imran...her Jhaansi ki rani mode only gets switched on for Najma or Imran🤔😆....really...so this means she feels like she has some haq on Imran too😈.Jokes apart, things are deffo going to get worse next week...the final flash point is fast approaching it seems...

haha that SMS waali letter wala scene just killed me🤣...Younis's frustration that he got his daughter so educated and she still can't write a basic formal letter😆...sad hi toh hai Younis miyaan...aaj kal ki generation ki "English" skills😆

haha yeah the way Younis just quietly without looking up from his paper maaroes his one liner..."Belt choti nahin hui, aap fail gaye hain"😆...and Waqar whining over this as usual...then Naseema fussing over him...lol...the family routines are cute.
AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Sadhana_pr

Bang on post!👍🏼.

Younis is the most firmly grounded in reality character. Just yesterday he had suffered a slight jolt of conscience and today he was back. HOW DARE SHE QUESTION was what mattered, WHAT SHE QUESTIONED had taken a back seat. Thus, it was good that Salman reminded him that questions come with just a question mark, no age barriers. And it is important to not crush the questions which a growing mind asks.

The scene in the school was a noteworthy display of restrained direction and writing. He did not dramatically SAVE her from bullies. He came, he saw, he understood. That was all. Simple but poignant.
He realised that the cap would make her happy and thus that content look on his face when he saw the tear wiped face light up at this small gesture. He wanted to make up to her, he had tried and failed to bring her dreams to reality, but could surely do a bit to make her forget the deprivation.

The precap was jarring. But they have never disappointed in their presentation so I am sure it will be a good sequence😊.

Thanks, Sadhana! And I love how you put the bit in bold...beautifully described👏...yes, I love how they didn't make the scene dramatic for the heck of it...even two days back when the ball hit Najma on her head, I did for a second expect Imran to totally panic maybe getting Mehak deja vu but again even that scene was so naturally handled...he behaved like any teacher would in the situation with concern and not over the top hysterics...

This scene was so touching especially for the fact that he SENSES Najma's YEARNING for Tennis so acutely and wants to make it up to her...she holds back because of her mother but he finds another way to cheer her up...and yes that content look on his face seeing her light up at the sight of the cap...worth many watches.

And word about the Salman Baig scene too...he cut to the heart of the matter as always and gave Younis perspective as well...it wasn't about the AGE of the questioner...it was about the QUESTION itself that Younis has to find the answer to.

I'm ignoring the voiceover of the precap for now and yes hoping for a well executed scene...Monday looks like a dramatic one coming up.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: prc_fan1

Just saw the episode & I loved it!

Salman Baig is truly the most sensible & perceptive character out of the lot. He rationalizes each situation & has the guts to confront it, rather than choose the easy way out & ignore it. I really love him & I love how he questioned Younis using Younis's line back on him. I don't think he really is 'for' Najma playing tennis either, but I appreciate him for recognizing & accepting that Najma's questions are valid, & should be answered. She is a kid & it is her right to question. That is what growing up is all about. Exactly...I also doubt Salman Baig is fully for Najma's Tennis dreams at this point either but the fact that he still respects and understands her questions and curiosity is a lovely thing👏

I am seriously starting to warm up to Najma/Fiza/Waqar. I love how they support Najma & they care for her, despite all the tensions at home. Its really nice to see cousins being friends, & not enemies for a change. And Imran, toh, like you mentioned is a goner. Its obvious that he is protective of Najma, but I love the way his concern is shown very subtly. He doesn't go out of the way to scold the kids, neither does he use huge words to say how much he cares for her. Even his silence speaks huge volumes. And of course, a big thank you to Najma because we got to see his beautiful smile again. Bingo...I also love that very thing...that he doesn't need to make grand speeches or do melodramatic things...his care for Najma is shown so subtly yet speaks volumes...

The cousins all share a lovely bond...wish other shows would watch and learn from this.

Also, I disliked the way Nasima got Mariyam to say 'yes' when she was convincing Younis to let Waqar play tennis. Not like Mariyam's opinion really matters, she just needed an opportunity to rub salt on the mother/daughter's wounds. Naseema is such a bimbo that I don't even take her taunts seriously in general...that Maamu is right...she is simply a makeup ki dukaan trying to lord it over Mariam all day😆

Next episode seems to be episode of confrontations, with Younis screaming at Najma & Mariyam again, this time probably it will be bigger, & of course Mariyam returning cap to Imran. Waqar has good intentions, but sadly nothing stays in his stomach😆 LOL he has the same problem as Imran's Maamu in that case...good intentions but both of them can't keep their mouths shut😆

P.S I fail to understand one thing - in all these soaps, women like Nasima who command or even expect other women (like Mariyam) to keep their mouth shut, are the ones who speak the most. These women in fact are the ones who try to dominate/are dominating their husbands..then why is it that they want other women to remain meek? Naseema is bossy in nature...apart from that is the fact that she is the ELDER bahu of the house...something she takes full advantage of to boss Mariam around more...also Naseema's husband is the breadwinner...another reason she puffs up in self-importance...there are plenty of women like her in reality, not just soaps...Mariam stays quiet out of respect and the need to keep harmony in the family...she's deffo not meek otherwise...Imran and Najma ki toh dhajjiyaan udaati hai😆

Word Count: 1

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanakhan4

@bold
For me handling of these situation are so good... best till date on Indian TV

no kiya kiya and focus on each character's face

Very true...I was also impressed by the lack of dramatics in that scene...they handle difficult/touchy issues with a lot of maturity and sensitivity👏
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Allbut1

But as always my favorite scene was the one between Imran and Najma...and you captured it beautifully in your post! That entire interaction made me incredibly happy...and of course seeing that beautiful smile grace Imran's face was just an added bonus! 😆 At this point, Imran can't see Najma in tears, and I loved the way he tried to appease her by pulling out the padosi card (usually Najma's line), but apparently today was a day of role reversal because Najma retorted back in a very similar way Imran did a few days ago 😆 These two are going to be such a riot when they form a better understanding...Mariam's going to have her hands quite full! Haha so true! I was thinking the same thing...Imran-Najma TOGETHER are going to be a formidable force...abhi hi Najma jataaoes so much haq on him, baad mein kya haal hoga😆...and they are just so CHARMING together.

Lastly, I absolutely adore the kids bonding in this show! They're such strong pillar of supports for each other, and I really hope they remain that way! My favorite of Younis' three kids have to be Fiza though. She's an absolute firecracker and a tiny force to be reckoned with! The way she taunts and teases Waqar is adorable, and the child actor is doing a fantastic job with the character! Word! The little girl playing Fiza is doing a fab job👏

P.S. About the precap, I think the final confrontation will take place on Monday, and things will take a turn after that! Like we saw, Mariam went to the school to talk to Imran and give (throw) the cap back to him! This leads me to believe that Imran might finally get a chance to talk to her without any interruptions or fear that someone might be watching. I'm hoping that Imran uses this opportunity to clear the air between them and make one final plea for Najma's case! According to some of the spoilers, Mariam's heart melts towards Najma's dream after she sees her play tennis, so maybe, maybe, Imran coerces her to just watch Najma play once, and then make a decision, and that might be the beginning of Najma's journey into tennis! Idk, there are a lot of possibilities, but I really believe that things are going to start changing for the better after Monday's episode! Good predictions there! I also hope like you said that Imran takes this opportunity to put his point of view forward too and give Mariam something to think about vis a vis Najma's tennis dreams and talent...I don't think Mariam will agree at first but might show up eventually for some other reason for that tennis match to watch Najma play.

AreYaar thumbnail
I was just watching this scene again to take caps and I realized I forgot to mention the bit where Imran goes to her, "Aap bilkul mat royiye...you're a brave girl, Najma" Awww how far they've come already!

And can I just say for the nth time, there is a GLOW inside this child that is rare...that transition from the tears to the smile...the tears still shining in her eyes as she joyfully pulls on the cap...beautiful

Special mention for the way Fizaa pretty much CLINGS to/HANGS on to Najma's arm😆

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: always_a_TV_fan

These two... I must say, I am enjoying them so much that I don't mind the romance angle being 'ignored' for the moment. I can wait. Only so I can watch these two develop that special bond. Imran the mentor and Najma the healer... and quite often, their roles reverse too! When she repeats his line about the school not being their mohalla, I was like "You go girl", but the next moment he smiled 😳 and I lost my focus 😆 I am not kidding when I say I had to replay scenes after that. His smile is not good for my mental well-being LOL the smile was unexpected and I think it threw most of us off😆...he smiles so rarely like that that it becomes an event when he does😆

I honestly don't want romance anytime soon...I like the subtlety of Imran-Mariam's current equation and I don't want ppl like Maamu to start playing cupid or something instantly...the focus should remain on Imran-Najma's bond first cuz that is the sweetest in my opinion...the equation with Mariam needs to evolve more gradually.

LOVE Waqar and Fiza. At the beginning I used to think Waqar will be a 'bad' boy tormenting his cousin, but I so like the protective, goofy brother LOL yeah even I had that first impression of Waqar that he will be the mean spirited cousin of the group but he's ended up just being a cute character...his mother misleads him a bit but he is very protective about Najma otherwise and is cute in his goofiness and the way Fizaa pulls his leg😆

spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

I was just watching this scene again to take caps and I realized I forgot to mention the bit where Imran goes to her, "Aap bilkul mat royiye...you're a brave girl, Najma" Awww how far they've come already!

Lovelyy caps😳

And can I just say for the nth time, there is a GLOW inside this child that is rare...that transition from the tears to the smile...the tears still shining in her eyes as she joyfully pulls on the cap...beautiful

Beautifully captured!!You can just go on awing at her. How old is she?

Special mention for the way Fizaa pretty much CLINGS to/HANGS on to Najma's arm😆

Fiza is so cute. Even looking at her makes me smile.

spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: spidie

Beautifully captured!!You can just go on awing at her. How old is she? Just 10!😆😆 LOL hard to believe, haina? She's still just 10...it's just been 2 years since Nanhi...she is just gorgeous! Inside out!

Fiza is so cute. Even looking at her makes me smile. Adorable kid...she instantly brings a smile to my face as well...I love all the constant group hugs going on in the family...mega aww😆