Things I liked: Oct 18th*Caps added-pg2

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I wasn't sure an epi aired today...I was wondering if they cancelled it to air the Diwali show or whatever...but some noteworthy moments in the epi today...it was a nice one :-)

1) Salman Baig is the man! Bas! How beautifully he yet again handled the issue of Najma's questions which Younis was complaining to him about...very nicely written scene...of particular note being the bit where Salman turns Younis's own "Mere haathon mein paida hui thi woh bacchi" logic back on him and says that what if instead of Najma, his own father, who saw YOUNIS being born into his hands asks him these questions...what then? ...and so for the second time in a row, Younis was left stumped...first by Najma, now by Salman Baig...also loved how he told Younis to try and answer Najma's questions...maybe she will learn more about their mazhab in the process and Younis himself might find some peace...so perceptively done yet again👏👏

2) The Najma-Imran scene at school...aww first time he called her just Najma without being angry with her😆...adorable bit when he asks her to stop crying and then goes, "Aap apne padosi ki baat nahin maanegi?" Aww Imran talking so sweetly to Najma? The guy's a goner😆...he's using the padosi card on her when he himself chastised her for it a couple of days back😆...he just couldn't bear her crying...aww...and then Najma...haha retorting back that this is not their mohalla so he can't use that logic on her...waah bhai...ek se badhkar ek hain dono...role reversal😆...and he knew ultimately what to give her to cheer her up...that tennis cap...the way Najma's face lit up when she wore it...lovely...and his smile watching her...like I said, guy is a goner when it comes to Najma especially😆...she's wormed her way into his heart.

Also loved the way Fiza and Waqar cajoled Najma into taking the hat despite her reluctance cuz of Mariam...and then Imran sweetly telling her to take it as a get well soon cap😆

3) Younis's frustration with Saba's SMS lingo style typed up letter to the Municipal corporation😆😆😆...loved it!

4) Younis's one-liners about Waqar's weight😆...

5) Fizaa is right...badaam khaane se bhi koi faraq nahin padta...Waqar unwittingly always spills the beans and now he's again landed Najma into trouble by blurting out who gave her the tennis cap...

Precap: Mariam is going to go confront Imran...her Jhaansi ki rani mode only gets switched on for Najma or Imran🤔😆...Jokes apart, things are deffo going to get worse next week...the final flash point is fast approaching it seems...
Edited by AreYaar - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

I wasn't sure an epi aired today...I was wondering if they cancelled it to air the Diwali show or whatever...but some noteworthy moments in the epi today...it was a nice one :-)

1) Salman Baig is the man! Bas! How beautifully he yet again handled the issue of Najma's questions which Younis was complaining to him about...very nicely written scene...of particular note being the bit where Salman turns Younis's own "Mere haathon mein paida hui thi woh bacchi" logic back on him and says that what if instead of Najma, his own father, who saw YOUNIS being born into his hands asks him these questions...what then? ...and so for the second time in a row, Younis was left stumped...first by Najma, now by Salman Baig...also loved how he told Younis to try and answer Najma's questions...maybe she will learn more about their mazhab in the process and Younis himself might find some peace...so perceptively done yet again👏👏

What an amazing scene👏 Salman Baig has been the most consistent character from the beginning. The understated way they execute his scenes makes a deep impact.He never raises his voice or even gets angry. He just states the fact so calmly and with a smile on his face.

2) The Najma-Imran scene at school...aww first time he called her just Najma without being angry with her😆...adorable bit when he asks her to stop crying and then goes, "Aap apne padosi ki baat nahin maanegi?" Aww Imran talking so sweetly to Najma? The guy's a goner😆...he's using the padosi card on her when he himself chastised her for it a couple of days back😆...he just couldn't bear her crying...aww...and then Najma...haha retorting back that this is not their mohalla so he can't use that logic on her...waah bhai...ek se badhkar ek hain dono...role reversal😆...and he knew ultimately what to give her to cheer her up...that tennis cap...the way Najma's face lit up when she wore it...lovely...and his smile watching her...like I said, guy is a goner when it comes to Najma especially😆...she's wormed her way into his heart.

Also loved the way Fiza and Waqar cajoled Najma into taking the hat despite her reluctance cuz of Mariam...and then Imran sweetly telling her to take it as a get well soon cap😆

What an adorable scene that was and Imraan actually smiled!! Loved his smile😳 Najma has always behaved with a haq with him.Her retort cracked me up😆 Ye school hai yahaan aap mere teacher ho padosi nahi😆 These two can never make-up😆 Inka roothna manana will go on i think.She has her two personal bodyguards at school,Fiza😆 and waqar.

3) Younis's frustration with Saba's SMS lingo style typed up letter to the Municipal corporation😆😆😆...loved it!

SMS lingo🤣 She starts an official letter with hi😆 I just love her reaction when Yousif scolds her. ye wanna wanna kya hai 😆 Younis wife also gets irritated and says kya aap bhi machhar ko hathi bana rahe hai😆

5) Fizaa is right...badaam khaane se bhi koi faraq nahin padta...Waqar unwittingly always spills the beans and now he's again landed Najma into trouble by blurting out who gave her the tennis cap...

Fizaa always hits a sixer

Precap: Mariam is going to go confront Imran...her Jhaansi ki rani mode only gets switched on for Najma or Imran🤔😆...Jokes apart, things are deffo going to get worse next week...the final flash point is fast approaching it seems...

I actually died laughing hearing preacap🤣 :Is somvaar dekhiye kaise hum apni beti Najjo ke sapne ka gala ghotte hai😆 I mean seriously how does Barkha say these lines with a straight face😆

Edited by spidie - 9 years ago
CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

loved abbajaan taking class of Younis😆😆...bechara dono trf se mara😆

my favourite scene till date😆😆wow...both r amazing...loved it...few dayz back he was telling her same thing to call him sir not naye padosi as its school not her home😆😆and now she is doing the vice versa😆😆i js loved that smile on Imran's face when she said thatlanded in heavens after having that smile on his face😆

ye gng kya hota hai?
saba: going
Younis : kya??
saba : going
Younis : going??iska OI kahan gaya??😆
saba: abbu ajkl aisa hi chlta hai😆😆
and upr se Naema😆😆

Belt chotti nai ho gai aap zada phel rhe hain😆😆

5) Fizaa is right...badaam khaane se bhi koi faraq nahin padta
...Waqar unwittingly always spills the beans and now he's again landed Najma into trouble by blurting out who gave her the tennis cap...
she is alwayz right😆😆...bechari Najma...again gonna lsiten to all...especially Nasima...uff Waqar bhai jan...that was js a get well soon cap😆

Precap: Mariam is going to go confront Imran...her Jhaansi ki rani mode only gets switched on for Najma or Imran🤔😆....really...so this means she feels like she has some haq on Imran too😈.Jokes apart, things are deffo going to get worse next week...the final flash point is fast approaching it seems...

Word Count: 1

CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: spidie

I actually died laughing hearing preacap🤣 :Is somvaar dekhiye kaise hum apni beti Najjo ke sapne ka gala ghotte hai😆 I mean seriously how does Barkha say these lines with a straight face😆

🤣really man🤪...she was telling this so bluntly.😆
Sadhana_pr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Bang on post!👍🏼.

Younis is the most firmly grounded in reality character. Just yesterday he had suffered a slight jolt of conscience and today he was back. HOW DARE SHE QUESTION was what mattered, WHAT SHE QUESTIONED had taken a back seat. Thus, it was good that Salman reminded him that questions come with just a question mark, no age barriers. And it is important to not crush the questions which a growing mind asks.

The scene in the school was a noteworthy display of restrained direction and writing. He did not dramatically SAVE her from bullies. He came, he saw, he understood. That was all. Simple but poignant.
He realised that the cap would make her happy and thus that content look on his face when he saw the tear wiped face light up at this small gesture. He wanted to make up to her, he had tried and failed to bring her dreams to reality, but could surely do a bit to make her forget the deprivation.

The precap was jarring. But they have never disappointed in their presentation so I am sure it will be a good sequence😊.
Edited by Sadhana_pr - 9 years ago
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Just saw the episode & I loved it!
Salman Baig is truly the most sensible & perceptive character out of the lot. He rationalizes each situation & has the guts to confront it, rather than choose the easy way out & ignore it. I really love him & I love how he questioned Younis using Younis's line back on him. I don't think he really is 'for' Najma playing tennis either, but I appreciate him for recognizing & accepting that Najma's questions are valid, & should be answered. She is a kid & it is her right to question. That is what growing up is all about.

I am seriously starting to warm up to Najma/Fiza/Waqar. I love how they support Najma & they care for her, despite all the tensions at home. Its really nice to see cousins being friends, & not enemies for a change. And Imran, toh, like you mentioned is a goner. Its obvious that he is protective of Najma, but I love the way his concern is shown very subtly. He doesn't go out of the way to scold the kids, neither does he use huge words to say how much he cares for her. Even his silence speaks huge volumes. And of course, a big thank you to Najma because we got to see his beautiful smile again.

Also, I disliked the way Nasima got Mariyam to say 'yes' when she was convincing Younis to let Waqar play tennis. Not like Mariyam's opinion really matters, she just needed an opportunity to rub salt on the mother/daughter's wounds.

Next episode seems to be episode of confrontations, with Younis screaming at Najma & Mariyam again, this time probably it will be bigger, & of course Mariyam returning cap to Imran. Waqar has good intentions, but sadly nothing stays in his stomach😆

P.S I fail to understand one thing - in all these soaps, women like Nasima who command or even expect other women (like Mariyam) to keep their mouth shut, are the ones who speak the most. These women in fact are the ones who try to dominate/are dominating their husbands..then why is it that they want other women to remain meek?
sanakhan4 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

@bold
For me handling of these situation are so good... best till date on Indian TV

no kiya kiya and focus on each character's face
Allbut1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I absolutely LOVED yesterday's episode! Every scene, every interaction, every character was fantastic...and it was just an entertaining 20 minutes! I think today's episode was one of the most lighthearted one we have seen of this show (excluding the last 30 seconds), and it was a really great change!

Salam Baig was as usual his fantastic self! I wanted to give him a standing ovation for the way he dealt with Younis! Brilliantly done 👏 The way he turned the tables on him and told him to try and answer the questions Najma raised...if not for anything but his own peace of mind, was extremely hard hitting and a wonderful way to spread a very important message to the audience! Kudos to the actor and dialogue for such an amazing character!

But as always my favorite scene was the one between Imran and Najma...and you captured it beautifully in your post! That entire interaction made me incredibly happy...and of course seeing that beautiful smile grace Imran's face was just an added bonus! 😆 At this point, Imran can't see Najma in tears, and I loved the way he tried to appease her by pulling out the padosi card (usually Najma's line), but apparently today was a day of role reversal because Najma retorted back in a very similar way Imran did a few days ago 😆 These two are going to be such a riot when they form a better understanding...Mariam's going to have her hands quite full!

Najma's happiness has unknowingly become really important to Imran, and him giving the tennis cap to her was a sign of that! He knows her true happiness lies in the sport, but since he couldn't help her on that front, he's trying to do the next best thing! Once again, a really beautifully directed and executed moment!

The Younis and Saba scene over the text message lingo was hilarious! It's scenes like these that make this show so real and close to reality! Younis' reaction to words like wanna and gng (where's the o and i) was priceless! 🤣

Lastly, I absolutely adore the kids bonding in this show! They're such strong pillar of supports for each other, and I really hope they remain that way! My favorite of Younis' three kids have to be Fiza though. She's an absolute firecracker and a tiny force to be reckoned with! The way she taunts and teases Waqar is adorable, and the child actor is doing a fantastic job with the character!

P.S. About the precap, I think the final confrontation will take place on Monday, and things will take a turn after that! Like we saw, Mariam went to the school to talk to Imran and give (throw) the cap back to him! This leads me to believe that Imran might finally get a chance to talk to her without any interruptions or fear that someone might be watching. I'm hoping that Imran uses this opportunity to clear the air between them and make one final plea for Najma's case! According to some of the spoilers, Mariam's heart melts towards Najma's dream after she sees her play tennis, so maybe, maybe, Imran coerces her to just watch Najma play once, and then make a decision, and that might be the beginning of Najma's journey into tennis! Idk, there are a lot of possibilities, but I really believe that things are going to start changing for the better after Monday's episode!
alwaysaTVFan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Res. Will unres after I watch the epi :)
***EDITED
Wonderful post again 👏

Agreed... Men like Salman Baig are dangerous... in the sense that they have such a calm demeanor, a disarming smile... and then suddenly BOOM... they say things that make you feel like crawling into a hole and hiding... I think that is how poor Imran felt yesterday😆 The way he said "aap bhi to humaare saamne paida hue the" waah 👏

These two... I must say, I am enjoying them so much that I don't mind the romance angle being 'ignored' for the moment. I can wait. Only so I can watch these two develop that special bond. Imran the mentor and Najma the healer... and quite often, their roles reverse too! When she repeats his line about the school not being their mohalla, I was like "You go girl", but the next moment he smiled 😳 and I lost my focus 😆 I am not kidding when I say I had to replay scenes after that. His smile is not good for my mental well-being

LOVE Waqar and Fiza. At the beginning I used to think Waqar will be a 'bad' boy tormenting his cousin, but I so like the protective, goofy brother

Seriously, for me, this scene actually gave a tough competition to the IMran - Najma scene. If that one was emotional, this was LOL funny. My God... gng going hai ???? O and I kahaan gaya... 🤣 I wonder how actors keep straight faces when doing such scenes.

😆

Poor Waqar... bichaara he is such an innocent fool

The precap made me cringe because of Mariam's voiceover... I stopped the video the moment she said something about mamta and all 😕 They should stop making Mariam say things in first person. seriously.

Edited by always_a_TV_fan - 9 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: spidie

What an amazing scene👏 Salman Baig has been the most consistent character from the beginning. The understated way they execute his scenes makes a deep impact.He never raises his voice or even gets angry. He just states the fact so calmly and with a smile on his face. Word! I also love how he states his points with a smile on his face and with so much calm...even when he has to shut up Naseema, he does so very calmly without raising his voice or shouting...and everyone has to defer to him...not simply because he is the eldest...but because he is the WISEST...it's the WAY he says things that the others don't have a choice but to quiet down and listen to what he says.

What an adorable scene that was and Imraan actually smiled!! Loved his smile😳 Najma has always behaved with a haq with him.Her retort cracked me up😆 Ye school hai yahaan aap mere teacher ho padosi nahi😆 These two can never make-up😆 Inka roothna manana will go on i think.She has her two personal bodyguards at school,Fiza😆 and waqar. His smile was such a pleasant surprise...I was rubbing my eyes wondering if this is for real...IMRAN is smiling?😲😆...even bechaare Maamu has to belo SO many paapads to get his pyara bhaanja to crack a TINY smile...and yahaan such a BROAD smile...ab Najma hai hi itni pyari...who can resist her😆...yeah she's always behaved with a haq on him since the beginning...pehle the haq was there to taunt him back and express her anger...now the haq has taken a different shade...remarkable how comfortable they've gotten with each other...even Imran has given up questioning the haq now😆...Their retorts at each other are classic😆

Haha at Fizaa and Waqar being Najma's trusted bodyguards...so true! Waqar toh chalo phir bhi thoda bahut bodyguard lagta bhi hai lekin pint-sized Fizaa so fiercely defending her Api just makes me ADORE her and want to give her a hug🤗😆

I actually died laughing hearing preacap🤣 :Is somvaar dekhiye kaise hum apni beti Najjo ke sapne ka gala ghotte hai😆 I mean seriously how does Barkha say these lines with a straight face😆 LOL arey she didn't say, "Apni beti Najma ke sapno ka gala ghot diya"...she said, "apni MAMTA ka gala ghot diya"😆...I also started laughing...really they need to stop making Barkha do the voiceovers...upar se they use such melodramatic lines in the voiceover...I'm looking forward to the confrontation scene though...I hope Imran sunaaoes back to her too for Najma's sake...and maybe some things will stick in Mariam's mind

Word Count: 1