Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SabrinaS10 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
The cv's think Zaya fans are gullible, I can't believe they actually thought we would so easily accept a new main lead other than Zain. Goes to show that our opinions count a lot more than they think, only Zaya fans can save the show now. I also hope we get our long lost loyal viewers back to increase the TRP's.
titleepari thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I'll tell you why Rehan never worked! I was watching Humsafar, the superhit show of 2012 & I realized the initial rumour about BI finding it's main storyline from it is true! The circumstances were different in case of AsharKheerat and ZainAliya but d base indeed seemed same! If someone watches the show pointing out the similarities wont be difficult ,although the characterisation and portrayal of BI was totally different. It now seems to me that Zubair and Aliya angle was indeed the mother twist Farhan had spoken of at the beginning but since audience rejected the track he found out a different way to separate Zaya n show halala. He went wrong in several areas, first was the fact that he thought that Zubair could be taken as a separating Zaya reason which was lame bcz in Humsafar the leads did not develop as deep a relationship as Zaya ever and hence broke off with an MU! However he was made to realize this by fans so he came up with this disastrous track killing off maamu&making Zain believe that Aliya, the person who could be the last one to harm maamu, whom he himself called Maamu ki Bhanji was responsible for it. And tried making Rehan a new entrant with whom the audience dint even have a connect to pose as a saviour. Well,that too failed real bad, because Rehan who promised Aliya to save her marriage,slept through the 3months of Iddah period finding and telling Zain the truth after the third talaq, so he was of no use there too. Aliya never tried to do much during the whole Iddah herself, a detective in all other cases was made to just plead her husband on the last few days of her iddah to save the marriage instead of making her find the culprit like how she would have done in the initial days or even as she is doing now! so everyone behaved unlike themselves to make way for a single unappealing new entry!

Second blunder, Rehan switched sides and came across as creepy. I mean while Zain called him bhai, Rehan never lived up to be the bhai. He followed Aliya to hyderabad and never felt the need to inform Zain, the brother but he kept saying Zain is aziz to him! Like how I failed to get that! While Aliya kept reminding him Zain was,is and will remain her only love for life, Rehan was shown gaping at Aliya not even chiding his kids for calling Aliya,a girl they called 'didi' at their first meeting, Ammi. He always gaped at Aliya btw even when she was Zain's wife and there was no sign of divorce!

The kids, one of whom is immensely popular, failed to appeal. Why? The answer is simple, they seemed so forcefully inserted into the story. I cud never connect with their bond with the father, nor with their bond with Aliya. Yes, Aliya loved them but Aliya herself is so young in the story. A college pass out(remember the reason she gave Maamu for going to Bhopal after ILU party to collect her graduation certificates from Bhopal University) and an extremely young man, Zain's wife (who himself was syudying in London before his marriage) become the pseudo mom of kids as big as Rehan's obviously the bond wont come across! While Fahad's kids even tho' seen for v.short while had this special bond with both chachu and chachi!

Rehan's self proclaimed mahaan act has always been annoying! Honestly, Rehan has never been of much use in the story yes, he did bring out Nafeesa's truth but he was too late. Nonetheless even if we say, he helped I dint get why he followed Aliya to Hyderabad without informing Zain! Creepy much? Again even his self proclaimed mahaan act made him jump in n tell Aliya dat he will do Halala n be her saviour was annoying and came across as chance pe dance. And then when Aliya made it clear that only Zain is my sauhar even after halala he now goes talking abt giving her biwi ka darjaa? Like dude u keep ur darjaa to urself, she doesnt need it!

People saying he was to take Maamu's place? I wonder if Maamu would let Zaya separate n then volunteer for halala Rofl! I mean he cant even be a friend to Zaya let alone be Maamu!

Farhan thought he could do without a Zain and sideline him and any new entry could replace him? Well, I cant believe the makers to have such a delusion! BI had a different target audience not the typical regular saas bahu type where the leads r sidelined and the heroine marries a random new entry. It has a unique flavour and charm that is brought about by Zaya and there's going nowhere without Zain since Zain completes Zaya! I'm amazed how the CVs thought that a character as loved as Zain's and a couple as popular as popular as Zaya could be done away with and audience would still watch!! Like that's not humanly possible! Infact, Zaya gave colors a stand internationally which never happened b4 they hv been loved worldwide and it's them who have become the face of colors! So Rehan only ruined things, halala hitting the lowest ebb trp wise n even international viewership wise!

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Great post! The timing of his entry was bad considering the news spread fast about the future track that was initially denied by this PH only to later turn out to be true. What is worse is the way they forced his character on viewers, there was no natural flow to his scenes especially after he switched loyalties. Like you said, Zain and Aaliya did not really need Rehan to be a part of their lives when they were shown handling countless problems on their own before his entry and that was when they hated each other! Add to that the fact built a beautiful, epic love story of Zain and Aaliya and all of a sudden they rushed to show a track they knew was despised by fans while sidelining the main lead of this show. Fans watch for Zain and Aaliya, not Rehan! You do not show a love story and force a third angle onto viewers, it does not matter how good that person appears they will always be hated by viewers and with good reason. Fans do not watch a love story unfold for ten months only to watch a third angle take over and have a horrid track like HN forced down our throats.

I also completely agree with you about his parenting, no he is not a bad father but the problem is he is not strict either. I said the same thing about how he handles Zara, she is completely out of control and he does nothing about it! You cannot just say well that was not the right thing to do, you have to be firm and punish her. Zara gets away with far too much.

Edited by .Mandy. - 9 years ago
titleepari thumbnail

Originally posted by: LazyLad14

u said it allπŸ‘πŸ‘, anyways is he really quittng ,need confrmed news,

4m last four mnths thy made him mahaan chrctr ,adarsh pati lol,but it nvr made sense also d zaya fans .porrly written chrctr,the logic went to bawdi evr since his chrctr was introducd..

Divya correction, he is no adarsh pati! I don't believe in men who Don't let a woman speak and dominate her! A woman is on an equal portal in a marriage and she has her rights to speak and voice her own opinion as much as the man! Rehan has come across as a male chauvinist IMO, dominating Aliya and disrespecting her all the same! -_-
Edited by titleepari - 9 years ago
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: titleepari

Divya correction, he is no adarsh pati! I don't believe in men who Don't let a woman speak and dominate her! A woman is on an equal portal in a marriage and she has her rights to speak and voice her own opinion as much as the man! Rehan has come across as a male chauvinist IMO, dominating Aliya and disrespecting her all the same! -_-

I agree with you, the first time I saw it I thought okay this is part of his act so no one can question the first talaaq but then it became clear this was no act it is who Rehan is and its disturbing! He is way too dominating
manny136 thumbnail
@titleepari great insight wow u wrote as much as me lol. I never felt humsafar n bi were tht similar yeah cousins marry but that was it the characteristics are so different and with humsafar i felt a lot could have been done for ashar to redeem himself and why khirad went back to him after all she went through left a lot to be desired. Rehans intro his characterization were all messed up and other characters suffered to cater to his perfection. His character seemed at best bipolar lol. I dont think zubbu was going to be the reason to separate first he was not a major character and zain had already rubbished tht reason. Usmans death and rehans entry were already preplanned as the producers and actors have said in interviews so i dont think zubbu would have been the reason. Aliya inadverttently being the reason for usmans death i could understand esp if all evidence pointed towards her. Ur right n as i also say u dont build this love story and expect ppl to be ok with a third angle and tht too at cost of bad characterization and another characters death.

@Mandy thanks, rehan is just not a very well written character and his yo yoing btwn loyalties made him look even worse. His perfection was annoying rather than endearing. Third angles happen but if they take over all the show and charcters wits as well its not fun to watch. Im glad the media gave those spoilers coz we became cautious but its the cvs tht made the misstep with him they could have used him better n connected him to the family but instead showed him as a know it all lawyer who did things at the last minute and attached two annoying kids with him. Zara is not fun to watch heck i didnt even like her as veera lol
titleepari thumbnail
@manny Haha yes I wrote loads I cud hv gone on? :P I said Humsafar is different as far as characterisation& portrayal is concerned! Zain is different altogether from Ashar. Also Aliya is different from Kheerad, nonetheless I believe that separation wud hv happened bcz of Zubbu bcz at a point all spoilers spoke of Zaya distancing bcz of Zubbu but then trps started sliding n fans objected so d entire track was changed, there was in fact an article later on saying that the creatives decided to change the track at the last moment and we had the confession in Bhopal!
And yes, Rehan and Halala Was pre-planned n so was maamu's death but that would happen even if Zaya separated bcz of Zubbu. Nonetheless Rehan's character never made sense to me, he did not fit the story at all.

Yes, I agree that the evidence being all against Aliya and Zain's suffering in jail esp witnessing his mom's suffering led to the Talaq. However, Aliya telling him about how she was duped into signing those complaint papers by her own parents and Zain listening to what she had to say would have been a good watch. But then what's done cannot be undone to quote Shakespeare. But I'm glad that the worst phase is just about to over now! We can all finally breathe a sigh of relief! Finally light at the end of darkest tunnel in the history of BI! *Let me hold that thought and put kaala tika on it* haha!
Btw forgot to mention, nice post! U pointed out some of the vital reasons for Rehan being a failure
s.star thumbnail
I kinda know what u mean but still get ekta vibe from aliya especially. In ekta shows too the female lead forgives her in-laws regardless of any bad treatment and forgets anyone that helps her during the ever compulsory leap (rehan😭). And yes in her mahaanta she always thinks she is right (though rarely isπŸ˜‰).
Zaya wud of course be happy that suri was free but didnt seem particularly upset about the accusation on rehan and were insensitive. Even if all they did was reveal the facts it doesnt change the fact that rehan's wife and a mother of two was left on the road to die. Suri might have thought she was already dead but that is still immoral. I mean zaya were devastated by just their divorce. Rehan's anger and sense of betrayal is justified.

The bigger question though- how did CVs manage to get me to sympathise with rehan and dislike zayaπŸ˜•
LiveLifeInBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Bang on Post Manny! And i agree with what Titlee and Mandy said as well. You girls said it. πŸ‘ πŸ˜‰
musicxolover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Bang on post, Manny! I got nothing to add, you said it all πŸ˜ƒ