Reasons why Rehan didnt work

manny136 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Ok this is solely my opinion as to why rehan the character (not gonna talk about the actor) didn't work out as a character coz when he started yeah I was apprehensive coz of all the rumors n spoilers but I felt he had potential as a character. Its just that even before he came to the show the spoilers had fans already upset even though the CVs and producers told us the rumors were not true but it had already left a bad taste. We were already confused and fed up with the Barkat track that could have been done much better and also had potential but as the producers said they were lost as well lol
So here is why I think he didn't work out and it was the job of the producers and Cvs to make him likable and they seemed to fail at that.
1. Rehan came on right at the moment when Usman got hurt, fans were already missing his presence and the spoilers of zayas divorce and aliyas RM with Rehan and being a mom to his kids was not something they wanted to see. Apparently they wanted to kill off Usman even earlier and probably separate zaya too but they delayed that and built Zayas love and bond. How did they expect ppl would react to the couple breaking up and a third angle with family coming on and marginalizing one of the leads to play out. RM with other ppl has been done so many times and this when the lead couple barely starting their love story but still such a strong bond was not going to be liked no matter how strong the justification for them breaking up.

2. Rehan was portrayed as a good guy, lawyer , friend (brother) and parent. He stood for the right which was good and at times when he helped zaya was nice but kinda unnecessary coz before he came whenever zaya had problems or issues they were smart enough to figure out a solution they made a good team. Marginalizing zaya so rehan could look smart was not a good idea, even when Usman was their he never imposed his understanding on Zaya and let them figure things out. Rehan might have been a good parent but he never set boundaries, zara hits saif nothing much give saif a gift problem solved, zara n kabir push suri in the pool not much happened, zara getting too attached to aliya instead of saying she is not ur mom and dont call her that he let it get this far. I'm not saying Aliya is not at fault either but she is not a parent and she had these two kids needing giving her purpose coz the person she needed and her purpose for living had abandoned her (Zain) and the kids became a distraction from all her pain, she had no one her family failing her. Rehan and zains relationship had potential, but him trying to take the place of Usman in zayas life did not seem right. There is only one Usman and for some new person to come and try to take his place left a bad taste, if they had made rehan have a connection to the abdullah family maybe that could have worked and be more accepted but some random guy coming in and interfering in some families life did not make sense. If I was given a choice to keep Usman alive or the divorce i would have kept Usman alive, Usman getting better and being there for zaya would have been great even if they were separated, I rather have one Usman abdullah than ten wannabes lol. Rehan's loyalty towards zain was nice at first but the moment the Usmans death and divorce arc started he switched sides and became pretty useless and only helped when it was too late, n left. What happened to all the brotherly love he had for Zain, even though even in hyd zain was so happy to seen him and not question him as to why he left and never informed him of aliyas whereabouts. Even in the Zubbu case he saw zubbu had drugged aliya and he watched it even happen instead of stopping it, ridiculous. Zaya didnt even get to have any reaction.

3. Now post leap when the HN track started ok the producers had planned this since the beginning and Rehan was gonna be the person who would help zaya get through the dark tunnel lol HN is controversial enough and the hyd redemption track of zain we barely got see them together and bam the CVs through in the wrench of HN. They don't stop there but show all the wrong messages about society and Islam that offended a lot of ppl and gave a wrong impression of the faith. We havent seen zaya even smile till probably yesterday when suri got released lol. Did the Cvs expect Rehan would be thought of a savior for marrying aliya even though there was no reason for him to do so just coz the Qazi went crazy lol and then him acting all everything is up to me, not telling the truth, acting like he is owed something from aliya and now his past with his wife. The Cvs are the ones to be blamed here they wrote him in a confusing manner and all over the place and even if he turns out to be just grey and not out right bad the damage has been done and him and his family do not have many fans.

When a character is not written properly and other factors connected to him only get a negative reaction like spoilers, rumors etc Cvs should realize they have to tread carefully but no instead they kept on shoving this Mahaan character at the cost of marginalizing main characters, taking space away from the supporting cast and making fans even hate little kid characters lol I don't know what they plan to do with rehan now and if they will end his character or not coz there has not been any official confirmation but i hope the dont make the same mistake again, we can like new characters, I liked Zubbu initially, Zarina, bilal and rehman are fun to watch so we know they can do better but for the purpose of showing one HN story arc they turned the whole show upside down and I think its the talent of the original cast and the love fans have for Zaya that ppl were able to bare through that dark tunnel. Ok I wrote a lot sorry but i had to get this off my chest lol So what do u guys think?
Edited by manny136 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shahz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Bang on dearπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
You said it all.
s.star thumbnail
For me the problem is that the CVs haven't develop their side characters at all. They dont show them for a while then suddenly a certain character is forced on viewers 24/7 with a dramatic storyline. Same thing happened to zubbu, aliya's parents, her sister, nafeesa... everyone.
It takes more then the lead couple for a show to be good. Making your leads mahaan and all forgiving (a la ekta) and all others evil is 🀒
Uniquely...me thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Loved your post...YOU DID NOT EVEN LEAVE A SINGLE WORD LEFT...πŸ˜†
Well all I will say is a character brought in to fit in MAMUs shoes...should not have got such a tragic end...

And in the recent episodes his OFFSCREEN disappointment is visible ONSCREEN...it's like as though he is forced to act negative...πŸ˜•
manny136 thumbnail

Originally posted by: s.star

For me the problem is that the CVs haven't develop their side characters at all. They dont show them for a while then suddenly a certain character is forced on viewers 24/7 with a dramatic storyline. Same thing happened to zubbu, aliya's parents, her sister, nafeesa... everyone.

It takes more then the lead couple for a show to be good. Making your leads mahaan and all forgiving (a la ekta) and all others evil is🀒

Im not talking about other characters im talking only about how badly the cvs portrayed and wrote the rehan character. The supporting cast is developed enough that we could see what motivates them but to make rehan relevant they either were ignored or their behaviour changed. Like we all wondered what happened with nafeesa and we did get to see what she went through and her actions and the consequences that effected the entire family. The leads are not Mahaan lol look for rehan for that lol zaya make mistakes and own them as well but the only people they have forgiven are their relatives like parents, but they have only helped nafeesa for her kids and fahads sake and aliya still hasnt even mentioned ayat lol. Suri actually apologised to them so what were they suppose to do say no we wont forgive u, suri did love her husband and her kids even in her warped way so her anger and hate was justified.
-Jharna- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey amazing post! U actually said it all! πŸ‘

For me, the character of Rehan never made sense. The CVs messed up big time in his character sketch! And one of the reasons this character was never accepted is because of the sadistic route taken by the CVs. The same week that we saw Booby's exit, we got spoilers of talaaq and halala and we actually witnessed Mamu's accident. From the looks of it, I think they planned to kill Mamu that time itself coz that was the same day we saw paapi enter. But due to fans outrage, they just kept delaying and denying. In all this time, they did not build on his character at all! They sidelined Zain and glorified Rehan as per their convenience. He acted as ZaYa's well wisher but did nothing to patch them up during Aaliya's Iddah. One day before the 3rd Talaaq, CVs show him going all Sherlock and Zain getting to know the truth after he uttered the 3rd T.

Post leap, he's suddenly too fond of Aaliya and may be even in love with her. Everyone thinks he is perfect for Aaliya. This is where it didn't make sense to me. If ShaLam wanted their daughter to move on, why would they want her to marry a man who is 10 years older to her and has 2 kids?! No matter how good that man is, no normal parent would want that. Moreover, a 10 yr old kid calls a 25 yr old girl 'Ammi' instead of something like 'Didi' which we normally do! And the father of the kid indulges the children in more instead of correcting them! Highly illogical!

CVs compromised practically every character just to fit him in. That's why most of us dont even care now that he's suddenly turned negative. Although I still hope he leaves gracefully along with his kids. More than anything I'm fearing those kids being stuck with ZaYa πŸ₯±
manny136 thumbnail

Originally posted by: 786ahf_bi

Loved your post...YOU DID NOT EVEN LEAVE A SINGLE WORD LEFT...πŸ˜†

Well all I will say is a character brought in to fit in MAMUs shoes...should not have got such a tragic end...

And in the recent episodes his OFFSCREEN disappointment is visible ONSCREEN...it's like as though he is forced to act negative...πŸ˜•

I know lol but i had to say it in one go lol no one should have been brought into Usmans place and even if he was to play a supporting role it should have made sense and maybe him having a connection to the family. I dont know what was going to be a good way for his role to end, how long could the viewers tolerate his interference not just in zayas but their whole families lives. I dont want to talk about the actor we might get some special ppl coming and saying stuff lol but look if u are an actor u should be ready to act as what the cvs tell u, coz look at suri she can be good and bad and the actress seems to like both. No actor should limit themselves and if he is dissappointed its the cvs fault i guess they lied to him as well lol
manny136 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jjnn

Hey amazing post! U actually said it all! πŸ‘

For me, the character of Rehan never made sense. The CVs messed up big time in his character sketch! And one of the reasons this character was never accepted is because of the sadistic route taken by the CVs. The same week that we saw Booby's exit, we got spoilers of talaaq and halala and we actually witnessed Mamu's accident. From the looks of it, I think they planned to kill Mamu that time itself coz that was the same day we saw paapi enter. But due to fans outrage, they just kept delaying and denying. In all this time, they did not build on his character at all! They sidelined Zain and glorified Rehan as per their convenience. He acted as ZaYa's well wisher but did nothing to patch them up during Aaliya's Iddah. One day before the 3rd Talaaq, CVs show him going all Sherlock and Zain getting to know the truth after he uttered the 3rd T.

Post leap, he's suddenly too fond of Aaliya and may be even in love with her. Everyone thinks he is perfect for Aaliya. This is where it didn't make sense to me. If ShaLam wanted their daughter to move on, why would they want her to marry a man who is 10 years older to her and has 2 kids?! No matter how good that man is, no normal parent would want that. Moreover, a 10 yr old kid calls a 25 yr old girl 'Ammi' instead of something like 'Didi' which we normally do! And the father of the kid indulges the children in more instead of correcting them! Highly illogical!

CVs compromised practically every character just to fit him in. That's why most of us dont even care now that he's suddenly turned negative. Although I still hope he leaves gracefully along with his kids. More than anything I'm fearing those kids being stuck with ZaYa πŸ₯±

Exactly the cvs probably thought they would bring him in post the twist but media let the spoilers out lol His entry got marred by negativity so they needed to be careful but they made rehan all great at the cost of all characters and then killing off Usman bad move. Did they really think we would accept him at the cost of Usman, i could tolerate the divorce but killing Usman to give place to an underdeveloped too perfect character was not worth it. No one is perfect and even Usman wasnt either but we still loved him. As a lawyer or friend he was always too slow lol he waited so long and why only him getting clues why not someone else? His family was another issue and ok Shalam were messed up as well but even in the beginning shalam were kinda annoying and acting all bechara and emotionally manipulating zaya to stay together lol yeah them going gaga over rehan was too much coz aliya if not with zain could find at least a better guy than rehan and his two kids lol. If he is leaving i hope it makes sense though.
LazyLad14 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
u said it allπŸ‘πŸ‘, anyways is he really quittng ,need confrmed news,
4m last four mnths thy made him mahaan chrctr ,adarsh pati lol,but it nvr made sense also d zaya fans .porrly written chrctr,the logic went to bawdi evr since his chrctr was introducd..
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9
The reason why Rehaan didn't work - It is simple because BI is first and foremost a love story and in love story, CVS are digging their grave if they get another angle to the love story and that is what happened here.