Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: NalayakShaitaan

Nicely written post..

Having finally caught up with the show, I have to say the way they are building up the characters (save Marian whose character I still find a little flat even though ai do understand her actions if seen from her POV) and the interactions is a delight to watch. The pace or the lack of it was an issue for me initially but now I seem to like it just as it is...the pace seems to be in tandem with the setting of the story.

Imran is one of the well written characters..he has an unfortunate past (like almost all leads do) but he isnt your caricaturish AYM..the way he was so restless knowing the truth from Shabnam..he hates the fact that somewhere he is the reason for Mariam's trouble..he wouldnot want to be the cause for anyone's trouble..least of all a widow..the scene on the balcony..it was short but effective

@Younis: I am really liking the way they are shaping his character..esp last few episodes..it makes him real..he isn't being mean to or targeting Najma per set but this what his (regressive) beliefs are when it comes to girls..it will be interesting to if and when they change

Thanks...yes the pace eventually grows on you if you continue watching the show...that is how it happened with most of us hereπŸ˜†...the character interactions of most character including the supporting ones are very well written.

Agree about Imran...glad that he isn't the typical "brooding" guy with a dark past...his aloofness/bitterness is shown differently...probably also because the characters are all very rooted in the culture that the show is depicting...that small town Muslim mohalla...the tehzeeb with which every character is shown is what I really like.

Yes, Younis's character is definitely being shaped up well...he will no doubt be the biggest roadblock on the course of Najma's dreams so it will be interesting to see how his regressive views are eventually challenged and changed via Najma.
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I knew you would make a post on this episode!
I agree with you on the way this show has turned out. When I watch this show, I seriously feel like its happening right infront me. The settings, the characters everything just looks so real. Nothing too OTT or dramatic. It really has an old show vibe like you mentioned. So far, I especially love how the characters are so consistent, you know how they will react. Its a refreshing change from shows where tracks dictate the characters rather than the other way round.

Regarding Younis, you love him & you dislike him as well. I definitely hate that he doesnt believe in gender equality but at the same time, I love how he genuinely does care for Mariyam & Najma. The way he was hesitant to take Mariyam's jewellery, was willing to get her remarried or even the way he wiped Najma's tears when they found Tauseef's blazer - it's touching & very beautiful.
Sometimes, we need to look beyond whether a person is good or bad & appreciate the fact that they have very different ideological differences from us. I love the way he has been written.

With the way Younis has been developing, I do believe that he will come around to allowing Najma to play one day. Her questions really struck him & I don't know if its just me who saw it that way but when he looked at Najma, its as though someone dared to speak the truth to him after a long time. Somewhere he was embarrassed because deep down, he knows that Najma is right. But being the elder, he would not dare to admit it & also he wants things to go his way.

Regarding Imran, gosh I am seriously in love with him. Such a sincere & gem of a person he is! What people say about him does hurt him & he doesnt deny it, but at the same time, that doesnt stop him from being who he is. He doesnt badmouth them either. He does care for Najma & Mariyam but he never over-steps the boundary. He appreciates that while he can live with allegations, the other person might not be able to. If you think about it, he has always placed others before himself. I still dont understand how his wife could leave him. He's truly a rare find of humility & sincerity.
serialwatcher16 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Excellent summing up. Loved your write up as well as the episode. The hug from the back was heart wrenching. Thanks.
VJ-LNMDJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hi !!!
Nice to see you here. 😊
Very well written post πŸ‘
and dont I know - I am not surprised ,

Are you watching Ajjeb dastaan hai yeh also ? Seems to be shaping up nicely , so far.

Cheers !
VJ
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: prc_fan1

Regarding Imran, gosh I am seriously in love with him. Such a sincere & gem of a person he is! What people say about him does hurt him & he doesnt deny it, but at the same time, that doesnt stop him from being who he is. He doesnt badmouth them either. He does care for Najma & Mariyam but he never over-steps the boundary. He appreciates that while he can live with allegations, the other person might not be able to. If you think about it, he has always placed others before himself. I still dont understand how his wife could leave him. He's truly a rare find of humility & sincerity.

I think Imran appreciates genuineness...he has no patience for dikhaava and chaaplusi...so I wouldn't really say he is selfless particularly...rather, he is more gallant in a sense...he puts Mariam and Najma's well being before himself out of basic chivalry and respect for them and also the subconscious caring he's developed for them despite his best attempts to remain aloof...at his core he seems to be a very caring man...

As for his wife leaving him...well it takes all kinds...and no doubt the incident has left his scarred for life...but she couldn't fully take away his sincerity and basic caring nature...which is why it is rising up from a dormant state again when it comes to Mariam and Najma.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: serialwatcher16

Excellent summing up. Loved your write up as well as the episode. The hug from the back was heart wrenching. Thanks.

Thank you😊
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: VJ-LNMDJ

Hi !!!

Nice to see you here. 😊
Very well written post πŸ‘
and dont I know - I am not surprised ,

Are you watching Ajjeb dastaan hai yeh also ? Seems to be shaping up nicely , so far.

Cheers !
VJ

Thanks, VJ! Nice to see you here too :-)

Yeah I'm watching Ajeeb Dastaan...still catching up on the epis...had internet issues the last few days and I don't get time to watch stuff regularly...Tum Saath is the only show I make time for these days on a daily basis.