ZaYa OS| There For You |

Legilimens thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
The day started as usual for her-waking up to the ring of the alarm clock that perched precariously on the bedside table.
But glancing at the calender placed beside, her heart filled with dread as her brain registered the small black star on today's date.
Her eyes prickled with unbidden tears.

For the day marked the 10th death aniversary of her mum.

Extracting herself from the tangle of the duvet and sparing a glance at her still sleeping husband, she dragged herself, mentally preparing for the long day ahead.

Zain's eyes fluttered open and his eyes met with an empty bed.

Wondering where she could be, his gaze fell on the calender.

"Ah." He thought.

Even though it had been ten long years,he had always suspected that she was never quite over it.

His phoophi was an amazing person and made the best sheer korma in the world except maybe after Aaliya.

He chided himself on such a thought and sat up debating weather or not to show his face at the office.

It was afterall his wife's mum's death aniversary.

One might not call their relationship a normal husband-wife one, but hey, atleast they had made a pact not to slit each others throat in the dead of the night.

Engrossed in his thoughts,he bumped into his wife on the way to the washroom.

"Watch where you walk." She hissed, her eyes rather bloodshot.

He opened his mouth to retrot but then closed his trap and muttered a sorry, leaving her dumbfound.

He threw another googly at her when he sat down for breakfast with his non existent family.

Eating together was a sad affair in the Abdullah household.

Zain's mom is always busy with her cooking competitions and his brother took after his dad in the workaholic department.

Both his wives were usually busy fighting each other and it usually saddened Zain to see his disfunctional family together,for it had always ensured a looming world war.
So he never really sat for breakfast or lunch.

"Mamu Ki Bhanji, aise hi ghoorti rahogi ya phir nashta bhi dogi? Itna bhi handsome nai hun."

She mumbled something that sounded suspiciously like "asshole" and dumped two parathas on his plate.

She half hoped he did not go to to work that day for strangely his presence held her together. But she also knew if she failed and broke down in front of him, he would be one up on her.

But he didn't go to work that day and choosed to loiter around her the whole day.

He didn't leave her alone a single moment, leaving behind his mobile purposely so that he could come back.

Coming up with lamest of excuses like to fetch water from the kitchen when there was a perfectly good jug filled with it on the dining table.
When this fact was pointed out, he retroted-

"Thanda pani Mamu Ki Bhanji. Hadd hai yaar, insaan ko aaram se pani bhi nai peene deti! Tum bhi thanda lo, har waqt kaatne ko daudti ho."

She was pushing down the clothes in the washing machine when he lumbered down the steps to the basement.

And she just had enough of him.

"Yaha kya kar rahe ho?"

"Kapde dho-"

"Kapde mein dho rai hun. What are you doing here?!" She glared at him.

"I came to see to it that you did not ruin my whites woman. Can't a man see his clothes being washed in peace?!"

Personally, she thought that was the lamest excuse one could come up with.

He thought so too.

A sombre mood had persisted throughout the day and when it finally ended, she dragged her weary feet to her room, where there was no Zain present.

And for the first time, she found herself alone.

And that double locked compartment of bittersweet memories and yearning crashed upon her in waves after waves.

She drew her legs to her chin and tried to muffle her sobs.

When you loose someone you love dearly, you push all the grief and numbness to a corner of your mind, hoping that nothing would change and living behind a pretense of daily practicalities.

Except a day comes that you are too exhausted too hold up anymore and you are left broken and vulnerable.

Zain sighed as he exited the bathroom to find his wife curled up in a foetal position on the floor.

He picked her up and placed her on the bed,his strong arms wrapping itself around her petite frame, trying to protect and comfort her.

Grief. It is a familiar concept for all of us.

Life has its ups and downs, but having someone to ride it out with makes living worth the while.

"Thanks." She whispered, clutching the folds of his shirt.
"You are dry cleaning this for me woman!" He murmered softly into her hair and smiled a bit as he heard her chuckle.
Hey guys, missed me?
I missed me too XD
Lame, I know:-p
Your feedback is greatly appreciated :)
And please ignore the typos,I haven't had the time to proof read it.
Cause I am still busy even though my exams are over. Sad life,I know :/
Chalo, now type out comments why you liked it.
Love you people :*
Oh,and pms will be sent out later:)
-Sanika :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnnRosewood thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
It gives me an unbound joy and pleasure when the first thing dat i see after logging in is ur os...welcome back..after along time,yet u hold the same magic...the way you weave the words..and then the end product..Snaika..its the work of a true maestro,which u r and u'll always be.
You're r8,grief is afmiliar concept for all of us..and when we lose somebody...even years after dat ...we stll feel like crying out loud..because the worst part of losing somebody is that person i salways in ur memories..but nt in ur life..
It was wonderful..sheer perfection..Sanika,Kudos to u girl!
Legilimens thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: AnnRosewood

It gives me an unbound joy and pleasure when the first thing dat i see after logging in is ur os...welcome back..after along time,yet u hold the same magic...the way you weave the words..and then the end product..Snaika..its the work of a true maestro,which u r and u'll always be.

You're r8,grief is afmiliar concept for all of us..and when we lose somebody...even years after dat ...we stll feel like crying out loud..because the worst part of losing somebody is that person i salways in ur memories..but nt in ur life..
It was wonderful..sheer perfection..Sanika,Kudos to u girl!

Ann πŸ€— how r u darling?
I have missed u people soi much πŸ˜•
First of all, Thanks yaar. But go easy on the butter next time, m head is always on the clouds after reading your comments πŸ˜› πŸ˜†
Yeah, loosing some1 u love is never easy ;(
it hurts a lot but having sum1 to share it with :)
Thanks again Ann :)
AnnRosewood thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: arshipotterfan

Ann πŸ€— how r u darling?
I have missed u people soi much πŸ˜•
First of all, Thanks yaar. But go easy on the butter next time, m head is always on the clouds after reading your comments πŸ˜› πŸ˜†
Yeah, loosing some1 u love is never easy ;(
it hurts a lot but having sum1 to share it with :)
Thanks again Ann :)

It was not butter dear..it was absolutely what i feel!😊
Missed u a lot too..am fine..hw r u doing?:)
neenzz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Res
***unressing***
Loved it Sanika... always like ur works, and this one was no exception :)
That kapray dhultay dekhnay waali excuse per he was sold... lol
And now that u're done with ur exams, i hope u'll write more 😊
Edited by neenzz - 9 years ago
katmaan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Ohhk so today I get Tanya ...Ann and sanikas update loving...it man ...loved your story.
Its so am painful but having someone to share your pain is only lucky people get...
Love you ppl
-Aniisha- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nice OS
loved it as always!
Euphoria_V thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
This one is just master piece for me
Really missed you and your drabble

RUHANIKAA thumbnail