AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
1) The symbolisms attached to the window...Mariam was the first to shut her window in anger and Imran followed a day later in response to the way Mariam over-reacted and ranted at him...both windows shut...and then we see an innocent Najma lamenting over her plant dying cuz it's not getting enough sunshine thanks to the closed window...lovely metaphor they used via the plant to symbolize these tender relationships that need those windows to open in order to thrive...and Najma is the link b/w those windows for she is the one that opens the window...only to have Mariam shut it in anger again...but not before noticing that Imran has shut and boarded his window firmly...and that definitely pinched Mariam.

2) Imran commenting ki uska dum ghut raha hai yahaan after seeing Mariam on the terrace in the morning😆...btw that white shirt suited him...

3) Imran taking care of Najma's injury and noting Najma's resilience and strength when she realizes she was hit by a tennis ball...her passion for the sport making her overcome her pain yet again.

4) The precap: Imran talking about how he sees his childhood in Najma...he can't help but grow attached to her no matter how much of a resolve he takes to stay away.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

After watching the show for the first 3 weeks I never thought I would say this but now I absolutely love this show:) I am also liking all the side characters. They have built up the story for each of them and casting shows that all of them are given their space. Watched two whole episodes without forwarding. 😆

Najma talking about plant was very symbolic. Imrans life has been in the dark for a very long time. It needs some sunshine and Najmas going to be his sunshine.

Imran- Najma bond is growing stronger. You can see admiration in his eye for Najma growing everytime.

Sabas phone woes 😆 Khala asks her to turn on the speaker and her expression when she says the phone does not have speaker😆

All the scenes between the kids seems so real. Waqar always keeps on advising the girls about right and wrong like his dad😆 but the girls just ignore him. Poor Imran sab usko sunake chale jaate hai, even the kids😆

Yesterdays episode I loved the scene where Najma holds the tennis racquet and talking to her dad. ASHNOOR just keeps on impressing me,

CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
xactly that plant thingy was quite an awesome metaphor...U both said thru that Najma will bring that sunshine or will become Imran's sunshine as sun to that plant...:)
even i fell down off couch when he said Mamu hmara dm ghut rha hai yahan🤣...that was amazing...bechari Mariyam...rofl

Going out of yor post but loved Fiza how she said bohat badiya hain..udne ka dil chah rha hai🤣...dikhai nai deta apko hmari api ko chot lgi hai

Naya padosi is really in danger is he is padosi of those kids doesnt matter if he is a teacher in school...but firstly he is a padosi🤣

that was gr8ly done by Marina ...when she came to know that Imran's window was already shut...that pinched her a lot...🥺,...n so to me too...
amazing post as alwayz👍🏼
Allbut1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: AreYaar

1) The symbolisms attached to the window...Mariam was the first to shut her window in anger and Imran followed a day later in response to the way Mariam over-reacted and ranted at him...both windows shut...and then we see an innocent Najma lamenting over her plant dying cuz it's not getting enough sunshine thanks to the closed window...lovely metaphor they used via the plant to symbolize these tender relationships that need those windows to open in order to thrive...and Najma is the link b/w those windows for she is the one that opens the window...only to have Mariam shut it in anger again...but not before noticing that Imran has shut and boarded his window firmly...and that definitely pinched Mariam.

The window has unknowingly become a really important part of Imran and Mariam's relationship, and seeing Imran's boarded up window definitely pinched Mariam. Even though she was the one who over-reacted and blasted Imran on the streets, she definitely didn't like the fact that he went and closed the window, and I found that reaction incredibly curious! In fact, I absolutely loved the follow up scene where later on in the day she stops mid-work to go see if the window is still closed. This just goes on to show that even though she isn't aware of it yet there is something that keeps pulling her to Imran (via the window)!

2) Imran commenting ki uska dum ghut raha hai yahaan after seeing Mariam on the terrace in the morning😆...btw that white shirt suited him...

@bold: That white shirt more that suited him 😳 Hasan looked incredible in that scene, and I was quite upset when they showed him in the red shirt in the next scene! I mean red is a good color on him too, but that white was just gorgeous...especially with those aviators 😉

But getting back to the point, Imran's attitude towards Mariam in that terrace scene was great! The look of disdain and the snide comment about feeling suffocated was all for Mariam's benefit...and Mariam on her part can't ignore this guy no matter how hard she tries! She had no business sticking around after she went back inside, but she couldn't help but watch him leave from the side window! It's ok, Mariam, I don't blame you...if I had a neighbor who looked like that (especially in that white shirt), I would chup chup ke watch him leave too 😆

3) Imran taking care of Najma's injury and noting Najma's resilience and strength when she realizes she was hit by a tennis ball...her passion for the sport making her overcome her pain yet again.

Najma and Imran's relationship is quickly becoming one of my favorite relationships on Indian TV right now! It's being built up in such a beautiful manner and both Hasan and Ashnoor are doing complete justice to their characters and this wonderful relationship they are forming! Today was first time I saw Imran being genuinely concerned about someone else, and it showed in everything from the inflection of his tone to his actions.

I actually saw this scene a few times, because one, Fiza is an absolute riot and I loved the way she taunted Imran today when he asked Najma if she was ok! She looks so cute and innocent, but she is a total firecracker and Imran had no idea how to respond to her😆. And two, because Hasan has an incredibly expressive face and he emotes brilliantly using the smallest facial expressions! He didn't say much today after Najma regained consciousness and Waqar and Fiza came to see her, but his facial expressions spoke volumes. The concern in his eyes for Najma's well being, the small smile that lit his eyes and face when Najma found a positive way to look at her injury...it was all extremely well done!

4) The precap: Imran talking about how he sees his childhood in Najma...he can't help but grow attached to her no matter how much of a resolve he takes to stay away.

Najma seems to have taken a permanent residence in Imran's mind. It's truly a testament to how much Imran's character has grown from the first few weeks, that even after everything that happened, he is still concerned about the little girl and her broken dreams. He looks at her and sees himself, and he wants so desperately to do something to help! Just approaching Mariam was a huge thing for him, but he did it because he truly believed that Najma deserved to pursue her dream! And even after being rebuked so severely for it, he still can't seem to cut off his investment to Najma!

So my responses ended up being longer than your post...sorry about that! But I have been meaning to write down my thoughts about this show for a while now, and your post just gave me the perfect outlet to do so! The story is at a really interesting point right now...things are going to start changing, slowly but surely, and I am really excited to see how everything progresses from here!
alwaysaTVFan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Hello...

Silent reader of your posts (and this forum) 😳.

Wonderful take on yesterday's epi👏. my comments in bold

Originally posted by: AreYaar

I love the windows...bas... Mariam's face when she realised HE had closed his window on her was priceless. I may be digging too deep here 😆, but I loved the 'bedsheet' Imran put up in the place of curtains. It was more telling than just any flimsy curtain

Najma is the one who will end up making them realise the need for (sun)light in their lives.

dumm ghut raha hai... WOW... the way he said it, and the way she reacted... wonderful

For the first time yesterday, in that scene, his care/concern/affection for her changed into something else. He identified with that girl. and in some way, I think, found some respect for her

Yes, she is making him connect with his inner self.

Edited by always_a_TV_fan - 9 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: spidie

After watching the show for the first 3 weeks I never thought I would say this but now I absolutely love this show:) I am also liking all the side characters. They have built up the story for each of them and casting shows that all of them are given their space. Watched two whole episodes without forwarding. 😆

Najma talking about plant was very symbolic. Imrans life has been in the dark for a very long time. It needs some sunshine and Najmas going to be his sunshine.

Imran- Najma bond is growing stronger. You can see admiration in his eye for Najma growing everytime.

Sabas phone woes 😆 Khala asks her to turn on the speaker and her expression when she says the phone does not have speaker😆

All the scenes between the kids seems so real. Waqar always keeps on advising the girls about right and wrong like his dad😆 but the girls just ignore him. Poor Imran sab usko sunake chale jaate hai, even the kids😆

Yesterdays episode I loved the scene where Najma holds the tennis racquet and talking to her dad. ASHNOOR just keeps on impressing me,

Haha same here! This show has literally grown on me chupke chupke when I least expected it...even when I was frustrated with the pace in the beginning, something made me keep on coming back to it...either the pace really has improved (I noticed they cut down dramatically on the Tauseef FBs :P...maybe they did take our suggestions there) or maybe the characters have all just made us attached to them...cuz yeah now even I don't forward anything while watching...well maybe some lame Naseema-Bilquis scenes...but otherwise every character has made a mark in it's own...

That is what I mean by this show having that old school charm...like old DD shows where even a simple/wisecracking character who might just have one scene in the whole epi would make an impact...like Rehmat Khala is awesome with any one liner of hers...or the kids...Fiza being such an firecracker! LOL I LOVE the bond b/w the kids...so fiercely they defend each other and stand up for each other...Fizaa is the cutest though...she vaguely reminds me of Nanhi😆

And speaking of our beloved Nanhi...just the other day I was watching old Mohan-Nanhi VMs *sigh* I miss them...but I marvel looking at Ashnoor yet again...how gracefully this child is growing up...she only grows prettier with time...but I feel protective about her...she is yet to hit her teens...and after that there will be more pressure on her to groom herself into the general demands of a leading lady...cuz ofcourse she is born to be one...but abhi she is still a kid...even though she's shot up like a tree in height😆...but she still runs around all jhalla like a little kid😆...her running style...haha...thodi badi hogi toh kisi ko toh point out karna padega😆...she's so graceful in her body language otherwise...jab bhaagti hai tab😆...anyways the maturity in her acting sometimes makes us forget she really is just a kid still.

Anyways getting back to this show...lol so true...sab Imran ki class lete hain in the name of "Aap humare padosi hain!" LOL ek toh yeh cheez I find really funny in the show...this HAQ that everyone jataaoes on each other for being padosis...Maamu asking for help every other minute saying ki aap humare padosi hain and Najma and the kids with their "Naye padosi, naye padosi" rants😆...no wonder Imran is fed up😆
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: BabbaR_SheR

xactly that plant thingy was quite an awesome metaphor...U both said thru that Najma will bring that sunshine or will become Imran's sunshine as sun to that plant...:)

even i fell down off couch when he said Mamu hmara dm ghut rha hai yahan🤣...that was amazing...bechari Mariyam...rofl

Going out of yor post but loved Fiza how she said bohat badiya hain..udne ka dil chah rha hai🤣...dikhai nai deta apko hmari api ko chot lgi hai

Naya padosi is really in danger is he is padosi of those kids doesnt matter if he is a teacher in school...but firstly he is a padosi🤣

that was gr8ly done by Marina ...when she came to know that Imran's window was already shut...that pinched her a lot...🥺,...n so to me too...
amazing post as alwayz👍🏼

Hey thanks :-) @bold: hahaha I loved that bit too! Fiza is awesome! And the way the kids fiercely confronted Afshaa for daring to hurt their Api...aww...Fizaa really idolizes Najma...it's very sweet.

haha Imran will never be able to come out of the Naya Padosi tag...even after he's told Najma that he should be "Sir" to her in school atleast, none of the kids care to address him like that even though he's a TEACHER😆
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Allbut1

The window has unknowingly become a really important part of Imran and Mariam's relationship, and seeing Imran's boarded up window definitely pinched Mariam. Even though she was the one who over-reacted and blasted Imran on the streets, she definitely didn't like the fact that he went and closed the window, and I found that reaction incredibly curious! In fact, I absolutely loved the follow up scene where later on in the day she stops mid-work to go see if the window is still closed. This just goes on to show that even though she isn't aware of it yet there is something that keeps pulling her to Imran (via the window)! Yes that window simultaneously connects the past to the present...Mariam invariably feels a pull towards that window also cuz it reminds her of Tauseef but now that window links to Imran...I think Mariam feels frazzled and confused as past merges with present and she is unable to fully shut that window even after shutting it...

In a way the writers and directors have very skillfully conveyed this situation subtly...Mariam feels guilty for lashing out at Imran but at the same time she cannot bring herself to be anywhere around him for multiple reasons...one being the way the whole mohalla is gossiping...two being the way her own family is specifically telling her not to have any contact with Imran...and thirdly and most importantly, despite all the rumors and whatnot, it is actually herself that Mariam fights the most when she pushes Imran away...she gets rattled in his presence despite him treating her with the utmost respect/deference and politeness

@bold: That white shirt more that suited him 😳 Hasan looked incredible in that scene, and I was quite upset when they showed him in the red shirt in the next scene! I mean red is a good color on him too, but that white was just gorgeous...especially with those aviators 😉 LOL yeah the white looked very good on him and those aviators are quite cool on him...I guess they had to switch him to red cuz he was in coach mode at school...maybe the white will resurface again later😆

But getting back to the point, Imran's attitude towards Mariam in that terrace scene was great! The look of disdain and the snide comment about feeling suffocated was all for Mariam's benefit...and Mariam on her part can't ignore this guy no matter how hard she tries! She had no business sticking around after she went back inside, but she couldn't help but watch him leave from the side window! It's ok, Mariam, I don't blame you...if I had a neighbor who looked like that (especially in that white shirt), I would chup chup ke watch him leave too 😆 LOL I don't think it was the white shirt that dazzled Mariam into watching him...it's her guilt that is making her inevitably watch him now too

Najma and Imran's relationship is quickly becoming one of my favorite relationships on Indian TV right now! It's being built up in such a beautiful manner and both Hasan and Ashnoor are doing complete justice to their characters and this wonderful relationship they are forming! Today was first time I saw Imran being genuinely concerned about someone else, and it showed in everything from the inflection of his tone to his actions. Imran-Najma's equation is definitely a big highlight for me in this show as well...there is a spark in their interactions and somehow I like that they haven't made it typical mush but at the same time conveyed the depth of the bond that has formed b/w them inevitably...Imran admires her despite himself and cares for her despite himself...and for Najma in all her innocence, she just cannot let this man be...lol she has to find a way to bring him out of his shell whether he wants to or not...and along the way the way Tennis is binding them is what makes for a unique equation...they are neighbors as well as Teacher-Student.

I actually saw this scene a few times, because one, Fiza is an absolute riot and I loved the way she taunted Imran today when he asked Najma if she was ok! She looks so cute and innocent, but she is a total firecracker and Imran had no idea how to respond to her😆. And two, because Hasan has an incredibly expressive face and he emotes brilliantly using the smallest facial expressions! He didn't say much today after Najma regained consciousness and Waqar and Fiza came to see her, but his facial expressions spoke volumes. The concern in his eyes for Najma's well being, the small smile that lit his eyes and face when Najma found a positive way to look at her injury...it was all extremely well done! Good point...yes Hassan did a good job emoting what Imran was thinking in that scene...he is doing quite a nice job in general...whether it is to convey Imran's angry/ranting modes or the times of quiet concern for Najma.

Najma seems to have taken a permanent residence in Imran's mind. It's truly a testament to how much Imran's character has grown from the first few weeks, that even after everything that happened, he is still concerned about the little girl and her broken dreams. He looks at her and sees himself, and he wants so desperately to do something to help! Just approaching Mariam was a huge thing for him, but he did it because he truly believed that Najma deserved to pursue her dream! And even after being rebuked so severely for it, he still can't seem to cut off his investment to Najma! Very well said...it is only for Najma's sake that he is making the effort with Mariam despite hating getting involved in other people's business...but that child's tears have cut through him and try as he might, he cannot ignore them...inevitably he grows to admire her passion for the sport as well...and it goes beyond his merely being a teacher looking to nurture talent...I think in Najma, he is subconsciously looking to atone for having lost Mehak...

So my responses ended up being longer than your post...sorry about that! But I have been meaning to write down my thoughts about this show for a while now, and your post just gave me the perfect outlet to do so! The story is at a really interesting point right now...things are going to start changing, slowly but surely, and I am really excited to see how everything progresses from here! No problem, I enjoyed reading your responses :-) Yes the show is definitely progressing well now and is poised at an interesting point...I guess the turning point will be Mariam agreeing to let Najma pursue this tennis dream...I'm waiting to see how that comes about.

And that reminds me...another scene I loved was the ending scene when Mariam scolds Najma thinking that she went and played Tennis despite the promise she made...saying "Aap ab humari nafarmaani bhi karne lagi hain" and then when Fiza and Waqar tell her that Najma didn't play but got hit by the ball invariably, and the way Najma says, "Hum kabhi aapki nafarmaani nahin kar sakte, Ammi"...the tears in Mariam's eyes and the way she hugs Najma...well done by Barkha...very touching scene...especially the way Waqar then adds that he won't tell his father about this and Mariam then hugs all three of them together.
Edited by AreYaar - 9 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: always_a_TV_fan

Hello...

Silent reader of your posts (and this forum) 😳.

Wonderful take on yesterday's epi👏. Hey thanks :-) And welcome to the forum! 😊my comments in bold

Word Count: 0

AreYaar thumbnail
Another quick point I have to mention is the way they've shown this situation...the kids in all their innocence don't understand that all this back and forth they try to keep doing b/w Imran and Mariam is viewed differently by the grown ups...Mariam is trying hard to just avoid Najma's incessant questions cuz there is no way to explain them to a kid who is innocent/pure at heart...and even if Imran has no bad intentions in his heart, he will be misunderstood only...the kids...well mainly Najma and Maamu keep on putting Imran and Mariam in a tight spot.

Najma ko sirf Tennis se matlab hai...and Imran ko bhi mainly toh Tennis se hi matlab hai and Mariam even understands this to a great extent but is unable to push back against the constant pressures being put on her to conform to what the family and mohalla people expect.