Jaimal & Patta - REAL FACTS (Must Read)

VS-Cool thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Jaimal Rathor of Badnor & Patta of Kelwa were the warriors who faced attack of Akbar in 1567 AD. On the advice of noble people Udai Singh left Chittor to save his family from Mughals, & Jaimal- Patta were left behind with 8,000rajput warrior to save Chittor fort. On 23rd Oct 1567 Akbar arrived at the fort & Sieged the gate. The siege continued for 4 months, after that Akbar ordered his men to bury mines & explode Fort's wall so that his army could enter it, next morning Jaimal started repairing damaged walls, Akbar shot & wounded him in his leg. Then the rajputs in the fort felt that the war couldn't be won , they decided to do 'Kesariya' . ( in Rajputs there was a tradition that agar war jitne ki koi gunzaish nahi rehti thi to sare men Kesariya Safa pehan kar last breath tak ladte the, on the other hands unki wives 'Jauhar' kar leti thi, this is known as 'Saka') . In that fight Jaimal died, then Patta Sisodia took the command but he too died, & Akbar captured Chittor.
Edited by VS-Cool - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

642126 thumbnail
Your posts are useless now.
Nobody gives a fish to facts or history. Neither CVs nor fan bots.
Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for info
feel proud to read that
both fought bravely when us n his family left
and that bhagwan charbhujaji thing made me shiver with proud feel
Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Jaimal Rathore of Badnor and Patta of Kelwa were the warriors who faced attack of Akbar in 1567 and 1568 AD on the fort of Chittor.Both were aged 16 years.When Akbar attacked Chittor, Rana Udai Singh II left the fort together with his family. Jaimal Rathore of Merta was appointed qiledar.Akbar arrived at Chittor on 23 October 1567 AD and sieged the fort. The siege continued for at least four months. Ultimately Akbar ordered his men to bury mines and explode them to demolish the walls of the fort so that the Mughal army could enter it. The people inside the fort were running short of food and water and other supplies. Finally Akbar was able to damage a wall of the fort. Next morning on 23 February 1568 AD Jaimal Rathore started repairing part of the damaged wall. Akbar noticed him walking on the walls and guessed from his clothing that he was an important person. He shot at him with his gun "Sangram" and wounded Jaimal in the leg. When the Rajputs in the fort felt that the war could not be won, they decided to die in the war. On the same night Rajput ladies committed Jauhar. When the flames were sighted atop the fort, Raja Bhagwandas of Amer immediately realized that they were the flames of Jauhar. He cautioned the Mughal forces to be ready to face the ferocious Rajput men at any moment because Rajputs would now fight till their last breath. Next morning the Rajput men under the command of lame but valiant Jaimal Rathore and his army performed Saka (Kesariya or Saffron) by wearing saffron clothes and fought their last fight with Mughal army. Since Jaimal was injured and could not ride a horse, his brother Kalla Rathore made him sit on his shoulders and as a single entity, they fought with four hands. It seemed as if god Charbhujanathji himself had incarnated on the batllefield. When Jaimal died in the war, Patta Sisodia took the command, but he too died in the battle. These young men displayed true Rajput chivalry...rzk
roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks dear for sharing the facts and I hope that the show does concentrate on the real facts and does not make it completely fictional. If it does then it's good else I have nothing else to say.

Also, I am not a fanbot nor a phankie and not a fanatic either. If I like an actor, I praise him if he/she is worthy of it else not. Does not mean that I will watch anything and everything if it does not make any sense. Please stop using such words for any fan group.

I don't know whether this show went exactly as per what happened in history pre-leap as well and I am not aware of all the historical facts so I cannot comment on what is rightly shown in the serial and what is not right. I guess after reading some comments that the show has ONLY deviated from history after the leap which is quite surprising for me as a viewer.

I do not want to argue with anyone but only ask each member to respect one another and maintain a peaceful atmosphere in this forum. It's only my POV and sorry if my comment hurts anyone's sentiments. One may agree to disagree.
Intrepida thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I also posted info about Patta and Jaimal in my regular post when Patta was first introduced!

I only came here for the real Maharana Pratap, but of course CVs will always add twists because they are also trying to make it popular which is also a win for fans of Maharana Pratap because there will more interest in his life and his fight! But saying that I also think that CVs are in over their heads with the distortion, i wish they go back to how they showed the story back when the show started!

Im here for the history, but unfortunately like mughal history where everything was recorded discretely, Rajputana history is not all that well recorded and we have to depend on few books, folklore, etc, I wish Rajputana history was better recorded and widely available because there are books on war history but not much about the lives of those warriors!
deeptiya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
yes right ,,, indeed a few sources onlyabout the history,,,,,,,, and whatever few drops we left with CVs are hell bent on showing them with fake and illogical sequences,,,,,,,, the real essence of MP is lost,,,,,,, though i m happy with PATTA casting ,,,and desperately praying for the better mental health of CVs so that they can do justice to atleast one character,,,,,,,,,, will hav to wait for JAIMAL intro
now

MP CVS + HISTORY = sas bahu drama
dmg2c thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
tfs. yeh show toh history ka aisa pie banata hai that one loses all sense.
VS-Cool thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

Your posts are useless now.

Nobody gives a fish to facts or history. Neither CVs nor fan bots.

i know anu, but still i will keep posting my views & dissatisfactions for the story , & that Ajab ka muhbola bhai Patta wali thing, i didn't got any info, but yes somewhere i read that During akbar's attack Patta was Teenager . So how this muhbola bhai thing can be possible?
VS-Cool thumbnail

Originally posted by: erikalui

Thanks dear for sharing the facts and I hope that the show does concentrate on the real facts and does not make it completely fictional. If it does then it's good else I have nothing else to say.

Also, I am not a fanbot nor a phankie and not a fanatic either. If I like an actor, I praise him if he/she is worthy of it else not. Does not mean that I will watch anything and everything if it does not make any sense. Please stop using such words for any fan group.

I don't know whether this show went exactly as per what happened in history pre-leap as well and I am not aware of all the historical facts so I cannot comment on what is rightly shown in the serial and what is not right. I guess after reading some comments that the show has ONLY deviated from history after the leap which is quite surprising for me as a viewer.

<font color="#990000">I do not want to argue with anyone but only ask each member to respect one another and maintain a peaceful atmosphere in this forum. It's only my POV and sorry if my comment hurts anyone's sentiments. One may agree to disagree.</font>

i agree, whenever one history geek will see such distortions, he will start making new topics to pour out his/her frustrations that is why i PMed our mod to open a stickied Frustration/story distortion-feedbck to creatives thread . She told me that she will try , lets see.