The shunned outcast and the demure widow

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
That was the picture that Imran and Mariam painted in today's scene in the street. Mariam panicked when the people just surrounded her and started honking their horns at her. Imran at first was irritated by the traffic jam but his eyes softened the instant he saw Mariam...

He started to help her pick up the vegetables but Mariam's panic only mounted as the people started passing comments about her being Younis's sister in law and Imran being the sharaabi padosi...my favorite moment in this scene was the way Imran softly asked her to go home...the way he kept his eyes averted throughout as if to calm her...but Mariam for some reason was super panicked just to have him anywhere near her.

Imran has been branded the permanent outcast of this mohalla and his reputation precedes him everywhere...that shadow of hurt that passes through his eyes each time people throw these barbs at him...Hassan does a good job of that.

And slowly but surely, a dynamic is building in the Imran-Mariam scenes...

Precap is kinda contrived though...Altaf and Najma contributing to an unwitting misunderstanding by saying DIL SE baat karni hai...Mariam pata nahin kyun is hell bent on attaching romantic connotations...there is a woman's panic in her eyes each time she sees Imran even though he's done nothing to imply those kind of intentions. I guess subconsciously Mariam has softened towards him so she has a bit of a guilty conscience? 😕

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

An apt title which describes Imran -Mariam situation. I am liking there direct as well as indirect interactions now. I just love Imrans character. I lovethe tehzeeb and the tone he uses while talking to Mariam. And the next moment he cynically lashes out at the people gathered😆

Kids in the show are also growing on me. The way three of them ganged on Saba today😆. Sabas lofty plans came crashing down😆

Younis and Nasima are too much to bear🤢

PS: Its only 2 years since Tauseefs death? So Najma must be 8 or 10 years old when he died. But I dont remember them showing any scene where they show Najma remembering anything about her dad. Idk have i missed something?😕
CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AreYaar

That was the picture that Imran and Mariam painted in today's scene in the street. Mariam panicked when the people just surrounded her and started honking their horns at her. Imran at first was irritated by the traffic jam but his eyes softened the instant he saw Mariam....i alwayz love that whenever he sees Mariyam he suddenly gets relaxed...doesnt matter how much panicked he is😳...isiko to kehte hain pyaar😛

He started to help her pick up the vegetables but Mariam's panic only mounted as the people started passing comments about her being Younis's sister in law and Imran being the sharaabi padosi...my favorite moment in this scene was the way Imran softly asked her to go home...the way he kept his eyes averted throughout as if to calm her...but Mariam for some reason was super panicked just to have him anywhere near her. ....he is alwayz like that...never look at her straight way...whenevr they had some convo i loved his behaviour thru out which seems so natural...either its some terrace mulakat or helping Mariyam n mariyam telling him not to leave the mohalla...alwayz he averts his eyes the very same way...he is such a gentleman in that sense..though sharabbi but he is😳...n guess mariyam was panicked coz somewhere she was thinking what ppl will say

Imran has been branded the permanent outcast of this mohalla and his reputation precedes him everywhere...that shadow of hurt that passes through his eyes each time people throw these barbs at him...Hassan does a good job of that. ...agree with this...i js dun like that...i mean what if he is a sharabbi...have never said nything wrong to ny lady out there..hv never misbehaved...he n his mamu are leading there own life somehow...pr ye kambakhat duniya jeene kahan deti hai kisiko sukoon se😡

And slowly but surely, a dynamic is building in the Imran-Mariam scenes...😃m so waiting for this to get more n more intenser😉

Precap is kinda contrived though...Altaf and Najma contributing to an unwitting misunderstanding by saying DIL SE baat karni hai...Mariam pata nahin kyun is hell bent on attaching romantic connotations...there is a woman's panic in her eyes each time she sees Imran even though he's done nothing to imply those kind of intentions. I guess subconsciously Mariam has softened towards him so she has a bit of a guilty conscience? 😕yeah he has not done nything like that ...evn helped her in that rickshaw scene...thn too she is alwayz so hesitant to look at him or to take help from him as she was last night in the street

Word Count: 1

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: spidie

An apt title which describes Imran -Mariam situation. I am liking there direct as well as indirect interactions now. I just love Imrans character. I lovethe tehzeeb and the tone he uses while talking to Mariam. And the next moment he cynically lashes out at the people gathered😆

Kids in the show are also growing on me. The way three of them ganged on Saba today😆. Sabas lofty plans came crashing down😆

Younis and Nasima are too much to bear🤢

PS: Its only 2 years since Tauseefs death? So Najma must be 8 or 10 years old when he died. But I dont remember them showing any scene where they show Najma remembering anything about her dad. Idk have i missed something?😕

Hey Spidie, the show is definitely settling in well now...the kids are ADORABLE...how nice it is to see a set of cousins getting along so well together and watching out for each other/supporting each other through thick and think...the adults fight over petty issues but the bonding b/w the kids remains strong :-)

I like that there was a lesson in the Saba situation. She did a horrible thing by lying about being molested simply to get a phone and the apt consequence for that was that she didn't get the phone she wanted...so nicely they explained all this...and the way they included Saba's guilt at Mariam having to bear her mother's taunts for no reason...I like Saba and Mariam's bonding too.

As for Imran...yes I too like the TEHZEEB with which he talks...the accent is very authentic probably cuz Hassan is himself Muslim and from that area...unlike most actors who have to learn the dialect...another person who's diction in the show I love is Salman Baig...even Jamal is amusing with his shaayaris and even Maamu has really grown on me...loved the way he cheered up Imran yesterday by cajoling him to play badminton.

Imran-Mariam's bond is being built up well now...the story is settling in nicely and now even the pace has settled in for me...there is an old school charm to it.
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
^ Excellent post by u, Anu! 👏