HT-M: No film offers, please-Sonali

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
  • 9 Oct 2014
  • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)
  • Anirban Das anirban.das@ hindustantimes. com

No film offers, please

Sonali Bendre says she isn't interested in Bollywood anymore

Sonali Bendre, who had a flourishing film career till about a decade ago, doesn't want to be seen on the big screen anymore. The actor has done reality shows on TV and is venturing into fiction now.

"I worked in Bollywood for nearly 20 years and enjoyed doing films since I was 20 years old. Now, I am mentally and physically in a different space, and I'm happy this way. I don't want to continue doing what I have already done. Anyway, I was not acting much because my interests and priorities have changed," she says.

Probe further and Sonali explains, "Films may demand long hours or travelling abroad. But I can't leave behind my nine-year-old son; we have never been apart for over two nights. I have duties at home that I must honour. Even for my new TV show, I have signed an agreement to have regular, fixed timings."

At the moment, the actor is not considering any Bollywood projects. She says, "I keep getting film offers, but I am not interested. I am approached with film scripts, but I am not considering any of them right now. Honestly, Bollywood is not happening for me."

Edited by Armu4eva - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

poo_s thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
so sweet of her. she always looked like a nice woman . thanks for sharing the article
seared thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
She comes across as a professional and working mom.. Who balances both..
Hope this ADHY will be telecasted more than 400 episodes...😉

TFS..
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thats really nice and sweet
tfs
Veni-Vidi-Vici thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
TFS...So sonali has a son..lemme offer her one unsolicited advice...she should try for a daughter...her wonderful good looks wala genes must be passed on to a girl...😃