Sobha's Struggle in Car - My Take

Let-It-Go thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Hii .. I watched the second episode now and I couldn't help but pen it down.
I am Ruchi and I am absolutely floored by Sonali Ma'am. The impact of 5 minute scene was more powerful than a 3 hour movie.
She is so bloody good.

The second episode begins with hard hitting reality v/s fate of women in society.
Usha v/s Sobha's mother. These two gave clear contrast of thinking in two worlds. One wanted to fight and other wanted to be in denial.
One wanted to move on but the other wanted to hold on.
Both the scenario, Sobha rejected. She fought with her friend over her advice and she looked unconvinced with her mother's word.
But what really hit her was Harsh, Crude Reality of life, not Her Life but of Life. -Vikram's Chant.
His every word was left a mark on her and why not, he spoke was bare truth. Truth which certainly many people like to tell you in sugar coated words or truth which people tell you to avoid but here this man laid it out in open.
She went to Samarth, and one sentence from her mouth and her husband was not the same as he appeared in her 9 years of marriage.
She didnt have to struggle to get hold of the truth but what she actually struggled was with Anger and Acceptance - The 2nd and 3rd Phases of Reality.
Her wobbled legs, shaking hands, confused demeanor, teary eyes and broken heart. All that came out in that 5 minute scene.

Hats Off ! Brilliant Stuff. Just lightened up my mood in 20 minutes.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
res 😛 OMG will UD tomm Ruchi good to see a known face here loving this show
edited -

Ok I have to say two epis in and it has been a rollercoaster ride not that I am complaining. I want this show to hit the road and what better way than to have it start then by showing some turbulence, some friction - which was what was the vibe of this scene - the turbulence that came in Shobha' mind, heart, life on the whole as the ugly truth of her husband' reality came to the fore and in the way that it did.

Not only did she see a visual of his deeds, not only did she witness the ugliness that was always masked by his smiles when he behaved with her the way he did but she finally heard what she not only feared in her heart of hearts but also learned she has barely seen the tip of the iceberg. She fumbles and fidgets and the notes of an old song start playing - one which sing of days gone by, of what is now lost permanently...

What follows once that turbulence hits - there is friction - the bumping in of Shobha' car with Vikram'. It's a hit and miss - literally.

She has no idea what even happened while he feels an impact and immediately is out of his car but she is gone by then...

Its now a matter of time when these two collide again - he who made an impact on her even as he spoke to someone else and she who nearly impacted him so far...
Edited by EkPaheli - 10 years ago
Let-It-Go thumbnail
Aani 🤗
I just watched it at 11.30 and I couldnt resist.

Will wait :)
Huma.Malik thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
loving sonali more, its been just 2 episodes but now im a fan of her... she is doing justice with her role... 😛
seared thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yeah.. I too felt the same.. she was impressive and natural with her emotions.. the way she was letting them out was not loud..as we usually see in other shows..
I even felt she was elegant in the scene...And was able to connect to her...😊
munnihyderabad thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Ruchi 🤗
omg that was just amazing piece of writing so perfect for what was impeccably portrayed of Sonali ⭐️

Usha's words couldn't hit Shobha, because these were one dimensional words, where Usha was telling Shobha to accept the truth, leave her husband and move on, which could deter her faith, she says Samarth is innocent and people are framing him, it's implicit trust more than denial.

In between her mom says she shdn't ask any question to Samarth, because if she asks she knows Shobha will not be able to face the truth, the truth only shatters her, as a mom, she is right that shobha cannot handle or face the truth and hence asks her not to question anything

Then Vikram's words, straight, crisp, true, but the context is different, here Vikram doesn't say Samarth is wrong which Shobha would never believe, but his words were about his secretary not accepting the fact of being "moti" even when she is .. it's denial, it's non-acceptance, it's continuing to lie to ourselves and live in delusion, rather than facing it and accepting, what Shoba;s one dimensional direct words could'nt Vikram's indirect words could do. At times truth will be better accepted when you are in someone elese's place.

Once again Samarth with his rude and arrogant words keeps Shobha away from truth, but then again truth has to come out, where in he himself proclaims abt his innumerable flings and affairs.

What I loved here, is NO dramatic scene of Shobha going in and holding his collar and confrontation.

The pain in her eyes of betrayal, of broken trust, of harsh reality, of bitter truth takes over her, yet she is very controlled outside even when she is shattered inside, until she reaches a secluded place in her car, her feet, hands, eyes nothing is giving her the strength to even start the car, forget about moving ahead,

Sonali is absolutely flawless and nailed every bit of it from expressions to body language to tears to voice ⭐️⭐️⭐️

and Ruchi this line, absolutely on par to what was shown on screen

Her wobbled legs, shaking hands, confused demeanor, teary eyes and broken heart. All that came out in that 5 minute scene.

Edited by munnihyderabad - 10 years ago
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Woww fab take on that car scene .. seriously Sonali was brillaint there 👏👏👏 .. I actually got goosebumps watching that scene .. she was struggling hard .. the reality has hit her hard .. it was difficult to accept it and then start driving the car as in move on .. no wonder she bangs her car , leaves that scar behind and Vikram captures it in his camera without her knowledge.. so what next now .. very interesting ..

But Vikram indirectly helped Shobha in coming out from that denial phase at least all thanks to his revelation about the Moti secretry fiasco 😆 .. almost giving a reality chk to Shobha indirectly about her denial and continue to remain in that illusion ..

Its about accepting the reality and then decide how to move forward instead of going in pause mode forever and then trying to rewind it all over again which is what Sohbha would hv done probably if she dint overhear Vikram's words ...

Inside the car , when the above realisation stuck in , she struggled to find the keys but after the initial struggle , she did find out the keys and started driving finally which is a future indication of her initial struggle but somehow managing to drive her life on her own successfully .. she is finally on that driver's seat and will give a direction to her life on her own now ...
Let-It-Go thumbnail

Originally posted by: Huma.Malik

loving sonali more, its been just 2 episodes but now im a fan of her... she is doing justice with her role... 😛

I agree. No one could do thia role better than her.
Let-It-Go thumbnail

Originally posted by: seared

Yeah.. I too felt the same.. she was impressive and natural with her emotions.. the way she was letting them out was not loud..as we usually see in other shows..

I even felt she was elegant in the scene...And was able to connect toher...😊

It was acting to the T.
Sne nailed it.
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Wow brillient take I agree
I think what Usha saud didnt hit home because the words were toobookish and picked up from a management book. I agree she was in deniel and words dont help a person cross this stage
then when she heard Vikram and his friends conversation in was not directed to her so she could hear it and all;y to heself without getting defensive about ir

Later when she heard the truth and in the car scene gave went to anger

She was superb in that scene. It was not loud or overdramantic

It was subtle

In a way Vikram helped her to come to terms with it all