Samarth-Shobha-Vikram:The Journey Begins...

jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago
Finally the show starts and the first episode was quite impressive and fast paced with some superb performances coming from Sonali , Apurva and Harsh in first episode itself ⭐️

First and foremost I loved the fact that there were no real heroic or over the top introduction of any actor or character .. Every character was introduced with the flow of the narration and so looked like part of the narration .. No character or actor was shown above the story or narration and thats the best part of the episode ..

Life is a Journey and noone can predict in advance where this journey ends and same goes for all the 3 characters who r part of this journey but yet to reach that final destination .. 🤔

So the episode itself starts with Samarath and Shobha's journey to their house at night on their wedding anniversary .. For Shobha it was a perfect day ...Everything was like a fairytale .. 9 yrs of blissful marriage , a perfect family with two kids , a loving sister-in-law , a bittersweet relation with mom-in-law and last but not the least a perfect happy married life ... She was almost blindfolded in this relationship to an extent that if her husband says that mark around his neck is because of shaving , she trusts it without raising any further question because for her ,Samarth is a perfect husband who can do no wrong ... In a way Shobha is perfect example of an eternal optimist who loves to believe that her life is going perfect and in future too this journey will continue with this same perfection .. She refuses to believe that any twist or turns can ever hamper her perfect life because of her blind belief in her husband ..

On the other hand Samarth is someone who might hv 100s of guarded secrets in his political career which even includes cheating on his wife for his biological needs and he is well aware of his imperfections too but at the same time he is smart enough to make his wife and family believe that he is a perfect family man ...He is someone who actually is the decision maker in this journey and knows well how to keep his wife blindfolded all these years and make her believe that everything is just perfect

Now comes the real twisted character in this journey and thats Vikram 😛... Vikram is everything that Shobha is not 😆 .. If Shobha believes life is perfect , Vikram believes Life is quite imperfect and so takes extra effort to make it perfect even if it means shooing away his customers (Media peeps in this case) rudely if they dare to cause any sort of damage in his coffee shop 😆😆 ; He is someone who does not even shy away from wearing a monkey cap just to make sure his hair is not damaged from Delhi's weather and does not really bother about what his employees think about it 😆😆 ; In short he does not believe that life is perfect but believes in how one should make extra efforts and take precautions in advance to make it perfect ; He is someone who does not take life for granted so that in future he is not left heartbroken as and when disaster strikes ... He is the eternal pessimist who just does not believe in emotions and fairytales .. For him life is practical and one should not waste time in meaningless anniversary celebrations or writing about memories on walls because its just a waste of time as life is unpredictable ... His Journey is towards one main goal and that is to make his coffee shop the best in India without getting carried away in emotions ...

So we have 3 main characters here ...

Shobha whose journey starts off like a fairytale but one night changes it all and now she is almost directionless in this journey ...

Samarth whose journey to become a famous politician and a perfect family man was almost fulfilled till this string operation disaster strikes and now his real self will come out in front of his wife slowly ...

Vikram whose journey to b the owner of a best coffee shop is still in progress and this is what in future will open doors for Shobha to step in and get a direction in her life to establish her own identity 👍🏼

When Samarth was leaving after being arrested and Shobha was running behind him , Vikram crosses her path in middle and I guess thats a hint for things to come .. Thats the pause Shobha was talking about in background .. Vikram will b that pause in her life who will give her a new dimention and thereafter her new journey to find her own identity as a woman starts ... She might hv forever remained her husband's arm-candy in parties , if this incident had not happened and this much needed pause had not come in her life .. But now that pause has arrived in her life and from here onwards Shobha can start her own individual journey where she herself decides her directions or limitations without being blindfolded by anyone ..

Vikram is more of a messenger here who throws away that piece of letter Shobha had written in that coffee shop about her 9 yrs of perfect marriage because thats not really her destination ... Her real destination is Vikram who was standing in opposite direction and she just need to turn back and start her new journey now 😳 .. She got to find not only her real identity as a woman but also find her true love 😳 ...Reason why I m saying true love is because too much stress today is given on Arranged Marriage factor .. Its more like Shobha was never given the chance to fall in love .. And this is where love factor comes into play 🤔...

I believe in future questions will b raised on Shobha's character once she develops a relation of humanity , friendship and bonding with Vikram ...But the real Question will be .. What is more sinful ? .. Samarth cheating on his wife for last 9 yrs ? or Shobha deciding to walk out of this marriage and find true love in someone else ? .. ...And Shobha's kids will play a major factor here as well ...

Overall First episode itself gives an insight of the things to come ... A Perfect Cup of Coffee which is not so perfect unless there is true love and commitment involved

Looking forward to the next episode now and how Shobha ends up getting a job at Vikram's Coffee Shop 😳

Edited by jyoti06 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Jyo first time on the first episode I am the first to comment😆
A very nice episode. A fast paced and action lacked episode. We got a glimpse of each character. I really liked the narration of the show. The way shobha started about life and journey

As you rightly pointed out it was a good thing that the show did not start with any OTT entry. It was a nice smooth start where we got to see the so called ideal marriage of Shinha with her successful caring husband

The night brought a sea change to shobha's life. But the amazing part is she will not loose the faith in life and zest of lisp fe and maybe in future will teach a few to the real twisted character of the show

So for Samarth one journey ended
For Shobha life gave her a jerk but she will pick up the peaces

For vikram we don't yer know what life has done to him

I really liked that line

Some time life takes a pause to figure itself out again

Btw the new promo shows Samarth was not only selling the country but was cheating his wife too since a long time

About the future questions no doubt they will come as this is Indian society and no matter how much they adapt the good wife they will have to face the eventual questions. Kids will offcourse be a major reason for the questioning

I am so happy to be the first to post it doesn't happen often as I don't keep awake so late mostly lol
Edited by -Gitanjali- - 10 years ago
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
The first episode was very impressive and we got the dots to connect how the three main leads characters life will change, esp Shobha and Vikram ⭐️. One is a manipulator/cheater, another one is optimistic but caught unprepared in a mess and third one is pessimistic because he is prepared😛.

Shobha seems to be a perfect traditional family oriented person only to see her life be shattered in a public level thanks to her husbands infidelity. It will be interesting to watch her journey from here because until now, Samarth has been the family over head and final decisions maker in the family and she has lived on his shadow but now the tables will be turned around. She has to stand up for her family to support them and come out as a working individual. Its going to be a tough path before she lands up at Vikrams coffee shop. She may be victim of sexual harassment, prejudgment from the society and laughter stock for gossips in the town🥱.

In the AVI, Shoba mentioned how Samarth and herself has had successful 9 years together because opposite attracts..I feel its forced feelings because she is yet to explore the world on her own..It will be about Vikram and Shobha - they are walking different paths so the journey will be interesting about what will happen when their path collides with each other.

The last scene was well directed⭐️ - Vikram threw away the wish note she had written earlier on because her note was a reflection of her past which ended and a new one will be written with both standing in opposite direction without realizing about each others whereabouts😆😆.

PS! Nice analysis Upma😳😆

Edited by Aahaana - 10 years ago
-Misek- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
So finally the wait was over today😃 And the first episode was amazing right from the narration to the introduction of the characters of the show. Gahhh I am so happy to see Sonali act again and she looked gorgeous in her introduction scene
Coming to the characters of Shobha and Samarth with their 9 year long married life, it seemed that Shobha is so much in love with her husband and trust him fully, which makes me believe that she is yet to find her true-self. In amidst of her family, children, bickering with her MIL and her bond with SIL, she seems to be very content where as Samarth seems to be more of the "I m the Hubby" material. Lol I don't know what i mean 😆😆 Hahah but he seems to be a smart player and wants to have perks of All the world that revolves around him be it a perfect hubby, dad, good son or a brother as well as his political career.

And now with his infidelity coming on the bay, the equations would defo change in their relationship which will probably be the start of shobha's journey to know herself better along with certain decision making aspect which involves herself and her children. however, the precap suggested that he is yet again dominant over his wife and he knows how to pull the right string on her with all that emotional drama that we got a glimpse in the whole press and arrest fiasco. So we all need to wait only on how all this thing unfolds 😆

Ok on Vikram's character -Why did he have that monkey cap on? i need to know as well like his staffs 🤣 Abb Delhi weather is that bad kya, it will affect his zulfein 🤣Jokes apart, wow this vikram seems to be a tough guy, who not only wants to be the BEST coffee chain in the country but avoids all the media, advertisement and lets say overall EMOTIONS.. This is indeed something and I am just curious if he holds a past which made him bitter towards emotions or it is just him? Huh once again I will have to wait and watch 😆

But yeah overall epi was totally captivating. I did not expect this much drama on 1st epi itself juding from past desi shows😆 But yeah Ekta has done it agian making me fall for another good drama of her and I just hope it remains the same down the lane as I am really very impatient when it comes to show which does not go according my WAY 🤣

Btw nice analysis Jyo, I don't knw what I wrote as I m FULL now and my brain has stopped workin hahaha all I knew was I had to unres😛
Edited by -Misek- - 10 years ago
munnihyderabad thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Jyo wonderful analysis of numero uno episodio 🤗

Overview

Life is not a straight line, it is not predictable, it is not planned !!

Life shouldn't be a straight line, even the simplest curve in a line, turns into a beautiful smile. so these turns and twists in life only give a new dimension and direction to life and makes it more beautiful as change is the order of life.

This is the essence of the first episode, that particular moment Shoba's believes about life is simple, life is straight line, life can be planned all come to and end. The story is told from Shoba's perspective, who believed in love, trust, family and simple things of life, while Samarth is living a dual life, that of a perfect son, husband, dad and brother at home and another life outside who is not just cheating on his wife but betraying his country.

The journey started on a fairytale note, with celebrations from the previous night, romantic dinner , family time, gifts and parties, but life is not a fairy tale, hence the truth of life is harsh. which we see in the last few minutes. Have to mention, Harsh and Sonali have great chemistry, those little romantic moments (as portrayed) were very fairytailish and beautiful

The first thing I noticed is, Shobha says is your wife waiting at home, to which Samarth says "waiting" is over now it's more of testing, testing of patience. Here Samarth gave away how he is hanging onto her just for the sake of it as he said on the same lines in precap.

Next, Jyoti, as you said, even the mark on his neck couldn't raise any doubts in Shoba's mind, because her trust in him is implicit, not an ounce of doubt ..here I give credit to Samarth for carrying out the facade so smartly.

The nok jhok, the light tu tu main main between saas bahu were refreshing, her bond with Garima who is 10 years younger to Shobha is very endearing which of course are gonna change from tomorrow as nothing is gonna be same

Since it's a political family and lot of twisted side characters, who are yet to be revealed adds for perfect drama elements.

Characters

Shobha ; Simple, loving, positive, vibrant, optimistic, feel good character, who believes in love, trust, relations, family, values, friends and a smile :) Sonali was absolutely gorgeous/graceful/elegant and amazing acting, her subtle and composed expressions and body language during the arrest scene cannot be missed .

Samarth: dual character, his annoyance of putting up the false fake act gave away at times specially in the car scene. He is not just a cheater to his wife but to the nation. He is not chivalry but a chauvinist. Everything is fabricated and falsified for the very pretentious Samarth Sachdeva

Vikram ; Vikram's character though shown for little while , definitely stood out, be it his unconventional views or dressing style specially the monkey cap to protect his hair 😆 We could see his contrasting and standing out characteristics in his dressing style, in his vision for coffee shop of no promoting and no media, and no stickies on notice boards, and a clear opinion about women being the stupid lot, in a few minutes they gave the whole picture of Vikram. One thing to note is, he was not rude or obnoxious or annoyed, he has certain coolness coupled with tinge of sarcasm and practicality and logic and confidence and attitude. ⭐️

Other Characters : Going forward kids will definitely play an important role and so does mom-in-law and other family members. His siblings, her siblings and the guy Abhay looked more of a troublemaker lets see.

Other Aspects

The initial narration about Delhi (Politics, which Samarth is into) weather (cold, which Samarth is towards their relation) Change (which she never believed in) . I always loved Sonali's voice and this narration just took it up notch higher.

Another voice over during the Avi gave a sneak peak into the fairy tale of 9 years, of their BLISSFULLY married life and the last one, more poignant, the voice modulation was not OTT or dramatic when she says those lines where Samarth was taken away, her words were more controlled and in depth.

The other thing I loved is the pace and flow and symbolisms in the episode. be it the sticky note flying away or the mark on his neck. it was quite like normal day in real life until the dramatic twist in tale in the party, without which any party in anyshow is bland :p

we have seen many a times the FOREVER word is used, Shobha says they will stay a happy family Forever, their love will be with them forever, the wish in the sticky note says coffee shop and their customers stay connected forever, but she never thought her life would change FOREVER

Last but not least, Actors, all 3 were perfectly cast, the chemistry between Sonali-Harsh and Sonali-Apurva is brilliant and they all did amazingly well with whatever they were supposed to do in the first episode. Awesome take off with episode 1, my girl always makes me happy ❤️ with her shows

Edited by munnihyderabad - 10 years ago
jyoti06 thumbnail
U guys better dont forget to unreserve 🤣
jyoti06 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Gitanjali-

Jyo first time on the first episode I am the first to comment😆

Aaah too many first time .. 😆

A very nice episode. A fast paced and action lacked episode. We got a glimpse of each character. I really liked the narration of the show. The way shobha started about life and journey

Yup her voice in background was a good idea .. it indicates how story narration will b from her POV .. the turmoils and change overs she goes through ...

As you rightly pointed out it was a good thing that the show did not start with any OTT entry. It was a nice smooth start where we got to see the so called ideal marriage of Shinha with her successful caring husband

Yes .. to b honest I m bored of those heroic entries .. so I liked this simple one . .. no zoom in zoom out camera angles for a change 😆 ..

The night brought a sea change to shobha's life. But the amazing part is she will not loose the faith in life and zest of lisp fe and maybe in future will teach a few to the real twisted character of the show

She cant loose it too because in Samarth's absense she will hv to take care of her family and I guess she takes it as a challenge when Samarth in jail underestimates her capabilities and mocks her saying who the hell will give her a job .. I guess thats what motivates her to step out and search for her real identity as an independent women

So for Samarth one journey ended
For Shobha life gave her a jerk but she will pick up the peaces

For vikram we don't yer know what life has done to him

yes out of all 3 .. Vikram might b a mystry for sometime as we wont know what really made him such a pessimist ..

I really liked that line

Some time life takes a pause to figure itself out again

thats my fav line too and just when she says that pause word , Vikram arrives in front 😳

Btw the new promo shows Samarth was not only selling the country but was cheating his wife too since a long time

yup and that will b a big jolt for her .. I really want her to step out of this marriage .. no wonder ekta said its not about EMA .. Because if anyone is comitting any EMA here , its Samarth and not Shobha ..

I am so happy to be the first to post it doesn't happen often as I don't keep awake so late mostly lol

Aww .. I plan to write here daily now .. will try to post a bit early but the thing is I come online only after my quota of dailies r over on TV by 11.30 😆😆

Word Count: 1

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Samarth was not doing the usual ghotala he was selling defence secrets
Now that is huge Isint it???

How long do you think he will be in????

And no worries if you intend to write daily I will check it the next day the way I used to for RR

It's amazing what a cheat Samarth was being and Sonali never ever guessed anything was wrong??? She should walk out on this marriage but you know what women in our country don't take such drastic steps .

I wonder how things will unfold when shobha and vikram develop bonding

That's a bit far but I hope the CVs handle that part well
jyoti06 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Gitanjali-

Samarth was not doing the usual ghotala he was selling defence secrets

Now that is huge Isint it???

How long do you think he will be in????

And no worries if you intend to write daily I will check it the next day the way I used to for RR

It's amazing what a cheat Samarth was being and Sonali never ever guessed anything was wrong??? She should walk out on this marriage but you know what women in our country don't take such drastic steps .

I wonder how things will unfold when shobha and vikram develop bonding

That's a bit far but I hope the CVs handle that part well

yes selling defence secrets is anti-nation ... its a big crime .. and if found guilty then he can even get life imprisonment .. anything against nation is sheer crime .. so well .. and on top of that he was cheating on his wife for last 1 and a half yrs according to new promo ...

Already feeling bad for Shobha .. all that 9 yrs of trust and commitment gone down the drain .. I guess she would hv instantly moved out of this marriage if kids were not involved .. but with two kids , its not that easy .. kids think of their father as their hero .. how to tell them the truth .. quite complex ..

Once Vikram comes in her life , real turmoil will start .. on one hand her heart's desire to find true love and on other hand family responsiiblities and commitments involving the kids ..
-Romi- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesome post dear !
Very nice start simple yet exciting and confusing too . When i saw Shobha and samarth i really really liked the couple . I never wanted them to get separated . Harsh and sonali were amazing as Samarth - Shobha. Liked Vikram .

Harsh playing a grey / negative character right ?