ArShi TS: It Was You All Along (Last Part - Pg 54) *COMPLETED*

Bubbles76 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago

Hey guys, i am here with a Three Shot ...

This is dedicated to my bestie, whose birthday is today. Here you go my sweetuu  "Sankadevi_lg". I wanted to gift you something special on your birthday but alas we are not in same country so i thought why not i write something as you always asked me to write something else other than my Current FF "You Are My New Dream" ...  so here is my little gift for you on your birthday ... a three Shot little story on Arshi ..😳

Let me tell you that i really dont know what i wrote ... i just did what was coming in my mind ... although i had this idea in my mind from past one month.

I hope you guys like it ... 😳

ArShi TS: It Was You All Along - Part - 1

A/N: Characters' thoughts in ITALIC ... (Its Proof-read Now)

Her steps faltered as she tried to move faster along the corridors of the hospital. Her heart was thudding and sweat forming on forehead. She will be meeting them after almost 2 years. There was more anxiousness than anticipation ... especially for that one particular person.

She took turn and came to the required room. She stopped seeing the family sitting on seats in front of the room. She took slow steps towards them.

"Di ...", she said calming her heart ... her voice nervous.

Anjali looked up and got astonish to see her standing here ... She finally came.

"Khushi ...", Anjali said her name in a soft voice as she took steps towards her and reluctantly cup her cheek.

Silent tears run down from both their eyes. Khushi hug her and try to stifle her sob. Anjali runs her hand lovingly on her head ... after few seconds they break the hug.

"Di ... how..w.. is she?", asked Khushi trying to make her voice calm.

Anjali just shakes her head as more tears fall down. Nani, who was sitting on the seat stood up and came to them ... Khushi immediately bend down and touch her feet ... Nani bless her with a sad smile.

"Go in Bitya ... she is waiting for you", said Nani and Khushi nods her head. She give a look around but didn't see the person whom her heart was anxious to see. Khushi took a deep breath and enter the room.

He was there ...

Khushi halted seeing him ... who also stood up from the bed seeing her ... his eyes intense and boring into her. There was shock, astonishment ... and then there was pain and at the end ... Hate.

Khushi gulp seeing him ... she had practiced many things to say when she will meet him ... but now nothing was coming in her mind.

Arnav turn back hearing the sound of door. What he saw ... made him shocked.

It has been almost 2 years since he had last seen her ... last talk with her ... last shouted on her ... last fought with her ... 2 years.

And now she stood there in front of him, just like that ... it felt that it was just yesterday ...  those memories came rushing back ... those beautiful days ... laughters ... companionship ... And then ... hurt ... pain ... betrayal and ... Loneliness.

He turn back ... fisting his hand ... controlling himself ... not to say something harsh ... not now ... not here ... not in front of her at least.

His wife.

His wife who was laying on the hospital bed , his wife who was counting her last days ... or more ... last minutes.

"Khu ...shii", came a weak voice.

Khushi avert her eyes from him and look at the person laying on bed looking feeble and pale.

"Lavanya ...", said Khushi softly, bringing a smile on her face as she sit on the stool beside the bed.

She was sitting on the right side of the bed where as Arnav was sitting on the left side.

Lavanya smiles and grab Khushi's hand. "You ... you came ... thanks...".

Khushi smile at her and saw Arnav turning his head away.

"I have to dear ... how are you?", said Khushi as she stroke Lavanya's hair with another hand.

"I am good ... now I have seen you before closing my eyes ... I won't be ...", Lavanya was saying when a curt voice stop her.

"Lavanya ...", said Arnav in warning tone not to talk like that.

Lavanya opened her mouth to say something but she coughed. Arnav and Khushi both at the same time move towards her.

"I waa ..nt you ... to ... d..oo ..som..ethi..ing .. ffooor me..", Lavanya said as her coughs calm down a bit.

"Lavanya please don't talk now ... you ...", Khushi was saying when Lavanya grab her hand tightly.

"No ... I don't have much time ... please ... I want you to do something for me ... one last time", said Lavanya.

Khushi shakes her head as her eye get moist.

"I ... I want you take care of my daughter Khushi ... pp .. pl ... leas e..", said Lavanya and Khushi instantly nods her head.

"As a ... as ... a .. mother", said Lavanya and Khushi got shocked a bit.

"Marry Arnav ... and become her mother Khushi", said Lavanya.

"LAVANYA ...", shouted Arnav. Both Lavanya and Khushi flinched at his voice.

Anjali and Nani who were outside the room, got worried hearing his loud voice and came inside the room.

"ASR, you promised me that you will give me what I will ask. This is I am asking from you ... Marry Khushi and make her my daughter's mother ... please", said Lavanya as tears roll down her eyes.

"Lavanya ... NO", said Arnav in a stern voice, "How can you ask me to do something like this?".

"I ... I ... don't want my daughter to feel deprive of a mother's love ... and I know for sure that no one but Khushi can give her that", said Lavanya and then turn to Khushi, "Promise me Khushi ... you will become her mother ... promise me ... you will marry Arnav".

"Lavanya ... Lavanya ... please ... don't", said Khushi shaking her head ... she knew it's not possible ... still if she agrees ... she knows Arnav would never agree for this.

Lavanya started to cry harder, Arnav and Khushi got worried. Anjali and Nani stood near the door, both shocked at what Lavanya was saying.

"ASR ... if you loved me ... even a little bit ... you will do this for me ... for our daughter ... please ... its my last wish ... you promised me you will do whatever I ask ... you have to do this ... please", said Lavanya holding his hand tighter and crying at the same time.

Arnav was helpless ... how could he agree for this ... to marry the person who had hurt him the most ... who had left him alone.

Suddenly Lavanya's breath get irregular ... she started to take long gulps for breath.

"LAVANYA ...", shouted both Arnav and Khushi .

Lavanya knew that it was time ... time to go ... from this world.

Anjali hurried out of room to call the doctor ... Nani move near the bed as she got sad and hurt looking at the girl fighting for her life.

She grabs both Arnav and Khushi's hand, "Promise me ... you will fulfill my last wish ... you both will marry each other ... promise me", said Lavanya a bit loudly in between trying to breath.

Khushi quickly nodded her head, "Ok .. ok Lavanya ... I ... I ... will. I .. promise", said Khushi as tears roll down her cheek.

Arnav looked at Khushi, shocked hearing this. She agreed? To marry him?

"ASR ... say you will do ... PLEASE ...", said Lavanya as her breath get slow.

"I ... I ... will", said Arnav not believing his own ears ... what he had said.

Lavanya relaxed ... as she closes her eyes. Finally her heart will be at peace ... finally the guilt will be gone.

Just then doctor came in and Arnav and Khushi move away. Doctor asked them to go out.

They leave the room. Nani was crying, Anjali took her to the seats and try to console her. Arnav was standing a little distance away.

How can he agree for this? ... and she ... she agree too?, thought Arnav.

"Ar .. rnav..", Khushi hesitatingly said his name coming near him.

"Don't ...", Arnav snapped back at her. "You are here ONLY for her", he pointed a finger at her.

Khushi open her mouth to say something but Arnav quickly turned and left the place. Khushi saw his retreating back with aching heart.

Only if she hadn't lie back then ... if she hadn't hurt him ... her only best friend ... her only love.

Lavanya could hear the voices as if someone is calling her from a long distance. Her vision got blur, her head spin fast, the ache in body increased ... but she was contended. Contended that she had done what she should have done 2 years ago. Her daughter will have a mother and Arnav ... he will finally have his lost friend ... his lost love.

There was a smile on her face ... as she closes her eyes ... she was no more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Some time later ...

Khushi, Anjali and Nani were hugging each other, crying ... for the loss. Arnav was standing against the wall ... his mind blank ... he had lost his another friend ... his companion of 2 years. His eyes were red and moist ... but not a single tear had roll down ... he was controlling not to show any grief ... not in front of her. He doesn't want her sympathy or kind words.

Just then a nurse came there with a fluffy bundle in her arms, "Mr. Raizada ... your daughter".

Arnav take the bundle from the nurse with shaking hands. A cute little tiny doll wrapped in a pink fluffy thin blanket. Her eyes were close yet her hands were moving a little. She had a reddish tinge all over her face. She was born yesterday ... but as she was weak doctors had put her into incubator.

Just then the baby started crying. Arnav panicked and move her up and down a little but she wailed harder. Arnav called his Di, Anjali took the baby in her arms and try to make her quite ... but it wasn't working.

"Why isn't she stopping Di?", Arnav was heck worried about his daughter. Anjali assured him that new born babies cry very much ... so not to worry ... but Arnav didn't calm down. Khushi was watching him, she knows that he is worried and might probably be hurt seeing his daughter crying like that. So she stood up and ask Anjali to hand the baby to her.

Khushi took the baby in her arms and kiss her temple and cooed near her ears ... just in few seconds the baby's cries got slow and then some seconds later the baby got quite and open her eyes little bit. Khushi give a wide smile and then baby open her mouth and then came a first baby babble.

Arnav who was watching all this, finally smile a little ... hearing his daughter voice. Although he want to take the baby from Khushi ... but when he saw that his daughter had stop crying being in her arms ... he didn't do anything ... just stood there watching.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

"Di, you have gone mad ... I am not getting married to Khushi", said Arnav in anger filled voice.

"But Chottey you promised Lavanya", said Anjali trying to hold his arms but he move back.

"Lavanya is gone now ... so as my promise with her", said Arnav gulping down his emotions.

"It was her last wish Chottey ... you cannot just ignore this like that ... when Khushi doesn't have any problem then why are you denying it", said Anjali

He didn't want to talk about her ... not right now ... when his emotions are trying to burst out.

"Di ... its been just 2 weeks of Lavanya's demise ... and you want me to marry again", said Arnav highly irritated.

It been 2 weeks since Lavanya had left this world. They had bought the baby home. Nani and Anjali invited Khushi to stay with them but she denied knowing that Arnav won't like it. She didn't want to leave the baby ... its been just few hours with the baby and Khushi felt deeply connected with her. So she left to her parents' house with a sad heart.

Her parents were very sad by losing one daughter, but on the other hand were happy that their other daughter had returned. And this time they decided not to let her go away again.

Over the week Khushi was constantly in contact with Anjali asking about the baby ... she had visited 2, 3 times taking care that Arnav is not around ... she still wasn't sure how will he react to her presence, but at same time she couldn't help but longed to see him.

Since today morning the baby had a slight fever and was crying constantly. Anjali tried to make her stop but couldn't, so she asked Khushi to come. The baby got relax in few seconds being in Khushi's arms. Anjali and Nani did notice this. They decided to talk to Arnav when he will come home in the evening from office. Anjali asked Khushi to take the baby with her because she doesn't want Arnav to vent out his anger on her. Now both Anjali and Nani were in Arnav's room, talking to him about his marriage to Khushi.

"You daughter needs a mother Chottey and Khushi is that person", said Anjali.

"Khushi is not my daughter's mother ... her mother is dead. I will never accept anyone else as my daughter's mother ... get that thing in your mind", said Arnav loudly in anger.

"Chottey ...", Nani snapped at him, "Is this the way to talk to your Di?".

Arnav turn his face away ... trying to control his anger.

"Nani .. its ok ...", said Anjali tapping Nani's hand, "Chottey may be you don't accept it ... but your daughter had already accepted Khushi as her mother".

"She doesn't need a mother ... I can take care of her", saying that Arnav  went out of the room going in Anjali's room but he didn't find his daughter there. He turn to Anjali who had followed him.

"I asked Khushi to take her with her", said Anjali.

"How could you Di? Without asking me ... you handover my daughter to someone else", Arnav raged.

"She is not someone else ... She will be her mot...", Anjali wanted to say but Arnav cut in.

"Don't say that word ...", said Arnav angrily and storm out of room ... going down the stairs.

"Wait ... Chottey .. where are you going?", asked Anjali as she move after her brother.

"To bring my daughter back", Arnav shouted without turning back and went out of house.

@ Khushi's House ----------

"Hey Devi Maiya please help ... please have mercy on her", said Khushi as she sway the baby in her arms who was crying bitterly. Khushi had tears rolling down her own cheeks.

When she bought the baby home she was asleep. Just half hour ago she woke up and was howling due to hunger. Khushi try to make her drink Infant formula milk but she wasn't drinking it. Anjali told her that the baby was having difficulty in drinking the infant formula milk and that's why the baby had fever and also getting weak for not getting proper milk.

Khushi quickly dials the lady doctor's number, whom she consulted 2, 3 days ago when same things happen when the baby wasn't drinking the infant formula milk.

"Hello doctor, the baby isn't drinking the milk again ... I don't know what to do ... she is having fever and crying badly ... please help", said Khushi as she try not to cry.

"Khushi as I told you earlier the infant needs a mother's milk ... as she had born weak she isn't responding much to the infant formula milks. I have asked around for a cross-nurse, who can feed the baby but I didn't get any response yet", said the doctor helplessly ... she could also hear the baby's cries.

"But doctor please ... there must be some other way", said Khushi as a cry left her throat.

"Khushi please calm down ... ok. I will ask again. I will surely arrange a cross-nurse, please give me few minutes ... till then make her drink water", said doctor.

Khushi tried ... but the baby move her face away after gulping a little bit water. Her face got red due to continuous crying. Khushi sit down on the bed dejectedly. She bring the baby close to her chest and prayed to her devi maiya ... to do something ... anything. She had promised Lavanya to take care of her daughter ... if something happens to the baby she won't be able to forgive her self.

Just then the baby's voice quieten down and few gargle sounds came. Khushi looked down and got shocked to see baby's mouth near her left breast. Baby's mouth was moving on her breast's nipple as if the baby was trying to take it in her mouth. Just then Khushi left some tingling in her breasts ... she couldn't decipher the feeling.

She quickly unzip her kurti and take it down from her left shoulder ... she didn't know why she was doing it ... but if it could make the baby stop crying she will do it ... but what happened next made her more shocked.

The baby's mouth got closed on her nipple and she started to suck ... and Khushi could see a thin white line forming around baby's lips.

She was drinking milk ... her milk.

Khushi cried and smiled and thanked her devi maiya. It was not short of a miracle ... how and why it is happening she did not know ... only thought was in her mind and heart was that the baby won't be hungry now.

"Thank you devi maiya ... thank you", said Khushi looking up as she wipe her tears. And  chuckled seeing the baby hungrily sucking her breast. The shocked still haven't left her ... as she look lovingly at the baby.

But her shock did not match with the shock of the person who was standing at the door of her room.

Arnav came to her house few minutes ago. The maid had just open the door to take the trash out when Arnav came up to the door ... without saying anything he went inside. The maid didn't stop either as she knew Arnav well and he had come here many times, as Lavanya lived here before marriage and also visited many times after her marriage with Arnav.

Arnav knew the way to Khushi's room. When he got near, he could hear Khushi's voice and his daughter's crying voice. He got more angry thinking that Khushi could not take care of his daughter. He hurriedly went to the room and was about to move inside when the sight infront of him made him stop dead. Khushi was caressing his daughters head who was sucking her breast. His daughter was having her feed from Khushi.

His eyes got widened ... how could it be possible? He cannot decipher that. No, its not possible ... but then what is that? what he is seeing right now.

Lavanya hadn't had the chance to feed her baby as she was born very weak and doctors had put her into incubator after few minutes of her birth.

Khushi had her back towards the door so she could not see Arnav and besides her full concentration was on the baby and her mind was also trying to find the answer.

Arnav just stood there watching ... after few minutes the baby had her fill and cooed loudly ... Khushi sway her and then made her burp and then sway again ... making her sleep. Khushi stood up and that broke Arnav's trance.

Just as Khushi was turning ... Arnav move away as Khushi haven't adjusted her kurti.

Without saying anything ... Arnav left the place.

Its looks like his Di was right ... his daughter had accepted Khushi as her mother.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow Khushi, I can't believe it ... it no short of a miracle", said the doctor astonishingly.

"But doctor I am worried, is it save for the baby? I mean .. I never did this before ... and I .. I have (Khushi hesitated) never been in relationship with  ... I mean ... I am .. still you know", Khushi hesitated to say that she was still a virgin.

"I know dear what you want to say. When I was talking to my friend for the cross-nurse she told me that there have been research that ladies who adopt babies can also breast feed them. I just couldn't think of the possibility about you ... so these miracles happens", said the doctor and Khushi nodded her head.

The little baby was laying in Khushi's arms who had held Khushi's finger in her tiny miny hand.

Seeing the frown on Khushi's face, the lady doctor continued, "Still for satisfaction ... you can go through some tests.".

"Tests?", said Khushi confuse.

"Yeah .. to safe sure that you don't have any disease or even symptoms of them ... blood test and other things", said the doctor.

"Yeah fine ... sure ... when we can do them?", said Khushi.

"well if you're free we can proceed now", said the doctor and Khushi agreed. She called Anjali to come to hospital.

Anjali was shocked and ecstatic at the same time hearing about the miracle ... now there is no way that Arnav can deny for the marriage.

After the tests Khushi and Anjali went home with the baby. Nani blessed Khushi after knowing about the miracle. They settle in the living room for the evening tea. Arnav came after some time, he did stop for a second seeing Khushi with the baby. Anjali called him for the tea but he went up straight to his room. Khushi felt sad at his ignorance, but she didn't know how to talk to him, as they hardly came in front of each other.

After some time, Anjali went up to Arnav's room to talk to him about marriage.

"Di .. please I am not in a mood to talk right now ... speacially not about marriage", said Arnav when he saw his sister entering his room, holding his coffee cup.

Anjali sighed and keep the mug infront of him on small table, as he was sitting on recliner.

"Chottey you cannot avoid this, I won't be here for long you know. Adi's tests are about to start. Look I am not saying I can't look after your baby ... but she needs a mother ... have you thought about the time, when will she grow up ... she will feel the negligence of mother's love", said Anjali

Arnav was about to reply back when Anjali stopped him continuing, "No, let me finish first. You can take care of her and give ample love but you can never take the place of a mother. No matter how much you deny you also know that your daughter needs a proper mother. I can't be here every time Chottey, I have my own family to look after. Still if I took your baby under my care then what about future? Have you thought about it? She will get to know that I am not her mother but Bua. She will see other children with their mothers and she will feel it. Kids are sensitive about these matters. And what about you? Are you going to live your life alone? What if at some point in future you get married, will you guarantee that the coming woman will love your daughter like her own?", Anjali said hurriedly not giving Arnav a chance to say something. "Where as not only me but Nani as well is sure that Khushi can be that girl who can give mother's love to your baby. And especially after what happened yesterday ... no one can deny that".

"What happened yesterday?", asked Arnav his ear perk up at that.

Anjali told her about how his daughter had her feed from Khushi and what doctor had said. Arnav thoughts went to the scene he saw yesterday ... Yes he can't also deny that.

"Now you can't deny for the marriage, as Khushi will be perfect for you daughter", said Anjali with finality.

"Di ... its too soon ... I need some time", said Arnav turning her head away.

"So you are not denying to marry Khushi anymore?", asked Anjali with anticipation.

Arnav did not say anything ... but his silence answered her question. Anjali smile at this.

"If you are not denying then why wait more .. why can't we ...", Anjali was saying when Arnav cut  her.

"Di ... please ... I agree for marriage but I need more time", said Arnav sternly.

"But Chottey ...", Anjali was about to say when another voice stop her.

"Di ...", it was Khushi who had come up to hand over the sleeping baby to Anjali, as she was leaving for her home and heard the last sentences of the conversation.

"Can we wait few more weeks for the marriage?", said Khushi as she enter into the room, she try not to see towards Arnav. "After 2 weeks it will be a month of Lavanya's demise and we will have the pooja for her soul peace. We can do the marriage after that", said Khushi as she gave the sleeping baby to Anjali.

Anjali just nodded, Khushi smile at her and peck the baby on temple ... then she move towards the door. Just then she turn and saw Arnav looking at her ... seeing her looking back Arnav quickly look down at this laptop. Khushi smile a little at this and left. Anjali didn't say anything and move out of the room. Arnav release the breath which he didn't even know that he was holding and lean back on the recliner.

He never knew nor thought that life will bring back that very person which he wanted the most 2 years back.

2 weeks went by ... Khushi spent most of her time at Raizada Mansion ... as the baby needs her. Her tests came back clear the day after and doctor had given her a green single to continue feeding the baby. After the day ends Khushi would take baby with her. Arnav didn't argue at this as he knew the situation. But still he couldn't let go the hurt seeing Khushi infront of him ... and may be the longing which was deep in his heart ... which also he didn't knew about.

During those 2 weeks, Arnav's Mama and Mami had also come back from Sydney who was on a visit to meet their son Akash, who was doing his masters over there. Akash had also come back.  They couldn't come back earlier on Lavanya's demise, as Akash was having exams and Mama, Mami didn't get the emergency flight. They were happy to meet Khushi. Khushi was glad that she got another person to talk to besides Anjali, as Akash was her junior in college and they shared good friendship back then. He didn't know the reason why Khushi left ... he asked twice about it ... but Khushi didn't give real reason, saying that she got job in Bangalore.

"Mom ... mom ... I want to play with the baby ... where is she?", said Adi, Anjali's 5 year old son, tugging at her sari who was arranging stuff for the pooja.

Today, It had been a month of Lavanya's demise.

"Adi ... the baby will be here in some time ... now please don't disturb me ... go to your papa", said Anjali. Little Adi pouted and run to his father who was having conversation with Akash.

"What happened champ?", asked Akash seeing the sad face of Adi.

"I want to play with the baby ... she is not here", said Adi folding his hands on chest giving a sad look.

Shyam, Anjali's husband, pull his son close and give him a hug, "She is here ... look", said Shyam pointing towards the door, from where Khushi just enter with the baby, and her parents. Adi smile wide and run to Khushi.

"Khushi didi ... Khushi didi ... I want to play with the baby", said Adi jumping trying to have a look at baby in her arms.

"ok .. ok ... calm down", said Khushi and take him to the sitting area near dining table and sat on the sofa chair ... Adi smile at the baby and caresses her cheek .

After some time it was time for the pooja and every one settle down in the living room. Arnav was seated before the fire as he had to do all the things for pooja. Khushi was sitting behind him, with baby in her lap. She got tears in her eyes, seeing lavanya's photo having a garland around it.

After an hour pooja got over and Anjali distributed the parsad. Nani asked the pandit to tell a marriage date for Arnav and Khushi ... and it turns out to be after another ten days.

After the pooja Arnav went to his room ... Khushi was feeding the baby in Anjali's room. When the baby was fed and asleep she went to Arnav's room to talk. She cannot avoid him ... now they are about to marry each other. If Arnav isn't talking then she have to take the initiative.

She enter the room and saw Arnav standing near the French doors that lead to the poolside and Arnav's little garden ... a place which she adored the most in this house.

Arnav got stiff as he felt her presence, he turn and saw her standing few feet away.

"Arnav", Khushi said his name gathering much needed courage.

"Leave", Arnav said curtly.

"No", Khushi replied back. Arnav fully turn to her angrily.

"We have to talk ... We need to talk Arnav", said Khushi as she took a step towards him.

"There is nothing to talk ... leave from here", said Arnav trying to control his anger.

"Arnav please ... I ... I ... want to talk", said Khushi and Arnav look at her angrily but didn't say anything.

"How are you Arnav? Its been long I know ... I just ... I just want to know that how have you been", said Khushi looking at him, not sure what to talk about ... so she asked the thing which came in her mind first.

Arnav chuckled sarcastically at that, "How have I been? What point is there in asking ... why you wana know? ... what do you care about me?".

"I always care about you Arnav", said Khushi.

"Really? Then where was this care 2 years ago?", said Arnav as he strode towards her and grab her arms, "Where was this care go when you left? ... haan ... tell me". He jerks her towards him.

"Ahh ... Arnav ... you're hurting me", said Khushi as she flinched with pain. Arnav's grip was very tight on her arms.

"So did you Khushi ... back then ... when ...", Arnav stopped and left her arms. Khushi move a step back and rub her arms.

"I don't want to talk to you ... so just leave my room", said Arnav turning away from her.

"You cannot ignore me like this ... we are about to get married ... we will be living with each under one roof", said Khushi

"Married? So you are here to marry me Khushi", said Arnav in anger as he move towards her.

Khushi move back, "N n.. noo .. I mean ...".

"What you mean Khushi? Haan ... why are you back? ... to marry me? ... where is your lover boy NK haan? ... did he left you?", said Arnav in mocking way as he came near to her.

Before Khushi could reply Arnav continue, "No .. wait .. leme guess ... your heart got full of him, got bored .. haan ... that's why you are here now ... as now Lavanya is not here ... you thought why not ... let's get marry to Arnav haan. What you want haan? Money? I guess you realize after all this time that NK can't give you all the luxury and life style so you are back here ... to grab the chance. No wonder you can stoop so low. When you can have relation with him back then ... then why making a relation with other man will be problem for you. You are just ...", Arnav was saying when Khushi pushed him placing her both hand on his chest.

"STOP IT!!", shouted Khushi as angry tears roll down her cheek.

"I don't have any relation with NK. Not now ... not even then. How can you think about me like that?", said Khushi as she grab his shirt collar, "You knew me better, we were friends Arnav, best friends ... how could you think that I am after your money? How?", Khushi saying in anger when Arnav grabs her wrists, pushing them behind her and pull her close.

"Do you think I am stupid? Don't you remember what you have said back then? That why you chose NK over me ... haan ... then whats all this?", said Arnav gritting in anger.

Khushi stop struggling as a distant memory came back to her.

Because I want him ... he is better than you ... he is intelligent and humble guy. He knows how to behave with a girl ... not rough like you Arnav ... beside I know I can be happy with him ... as he is very well settle and earn much better.

More tears roll down her cheeks. She wanted to yell that it was all lie ... she lied back then ... just so that she can leave ... but she cannot say ... if she do ... then all truth will be out. And she knows that even if she tell him the truth ... Arnav won't believe her. Not when he is hurt because of her. She wanted to remove that hurt ... she wanted to be friends with him again ... to win his trust ... to be able to tell him the whole truth.

Arnav was watching her, he wanted to wipe those tear from her beautiful eyes. Yes, beautiful ... she was always beautiful for him. It seems after ages to him to see Khushi that closely ... to hold her close ... her soft body within his arms. He slowly loosen his grip, getting lost in her.

Khushi too got lost looking into his eyes ... eyes which were a very precious thing to her. The same eyes which attracted her in the first glance all those years ago. She could smell his musky cologne which use to make her mind dizzy back then. So close ... after so much time.

"Mamu ... Mamuu ...", little Adi rush into the room calling Arnav.

Both Arnav and Khushi came back from their thoughts and break apart quickly.

"Mamu .. mom is calling you down", said Adi tugging at Arnav's trousers.

Khushi quickly turn back and left the room, wiping her tears.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 days later

"So what shall we name her?", asked Anjali a bit excitedly looking at Arnav, who was holding his daughter. Nani was standing beside him, holding a pooja thali to apply tilak to baby after giving her a name.

"Muskaan" ... both Arnav and Khushi said at the same time ... and both look at each other astonishingly.

"Muskaan .. why so?", said Anjali.

"Lavanya wanted to name her Muskaan", replied Arnav as few memories cross his mind. This name was special to him ... as this was the name who had made him fall in love.

Khushi try hard not to cry, as this name was also special to her ... the name she had used to express her love ... back then. She had always thought that if she had any daughter, she will name her Muskaan. So in excitement ... the name came out of her mouth.

"Then Muskaan it is ...", said Nani as she applied the Tilak to baby and did her arti.

Both Arnav and Khushi look each other and then avert their eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ temple

"Now tie the mangulsutra", said the priest when both Arnav and Khushi sit down after taking 7 pheras.

Anjali bring the thal near Arnav who took the black beaded chain and turn to Khushi. Arnav move his hand around her neck and tie the thread ... both look into each other eyes.

"Now put the sindoor", said the priest again.

Arnav take a pinch of red powder from the thal and apply it on Khushi's mang. Khushi closed her eyes when Arnav did this ... some grains fall on her nose ... Arnav hand move on its own record and remove it ... both looking into each other eyes.

Arnav was having some strange feeling inside him ... a happy kind of feeling. Why? He did not know ... he didn't feel that way when he applied sindoor in Lavanya's mang ... then what is that feeling now.

Khushi heart was beating fast ... she was his wife now ... not for some days, not for some months ... but for life time. She never imagined her most deeply wish will get full fill this way.

"You are husband and wife now ... take blessing from the elders", said the priest.

Both Arnav and Khushi came back from their thoughts and stood up and take blessing from, Nani, Mama, Mami and Khushi's parents.

Arnav wanted to do court marriage without any fuss or people around but Nani, being a traditional lady was against it. After much argument Anjali made Arnav agree for simple temple wedding. So today in the temple they got married with only both of their family present.

Arnav open door and enter his room, he stopped seeing the bed decorated and Khushi sitting in the center. He angrily slammed the door close and move towards the cupboard. Khushi who was nervous, at how Arnav will behave, rolled her eyes seeing him angry. What was she expecting ... him to be lovy dovy as it was their Suhagraat. Khushi blush at the thought ... her trance broke with loud noise of bathroom door getting close. She sighed and move out of bed. She move to dressing table and remove her jewelry except the mangulsutra.

Khushi was taking her night clothes out from her suitcase when Arnav came out of bath room, without giving her a glance he took the pillow and move to recliner. He was hating his own bed now ... which was decorated for the night, and the significance of what night it is, was making him angry and frustrated.

"Arnav you can sleep on bed", said Khushi when she saw what Arnav is doing.

"Don't tell me what to do and what not. You here only because of my daughter as her mother, not my wife ... which I will never accept you as ... so better keep that in your mind", said Anrav angrily and lay on the recliner, keeping arm on his eyes.

Khushi stood there for some seconds ... watching him ... then shaking her head she move towards bathroom. It will take much more effort on her part to make things right between Arnav and her.

She lay in bed, held her mangulsutra and pray to Devi maiya to give her strength.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Anjali saw Khushi arranging her clothes in the cupboard when she came in the room. She smile lightly and came near her.

"Arey Di, did you have some work? You could have call me ... um Muskaan is asleep", as she look towards the bed on which the baby was sleeping.

"No Khushi ... I just came here to give you this", said Anjali as she handed the envelope to her.

"What is it Di?", asked Khushi.

"I don't know ... Lavanya told me to give you this ... if you come back to Dehli", said Anjali is sad voice. "I wanted to give you before but the situation didn't allow me then it slip my mind ... I was just packing my things when I found this envelope".

Khushi just nodded her head.

"I am leaving to my house Khushi ... Shyamji is here to take me ... if you need anything or if you wana talk ... please don't hesitate to call me ok", said Anjali cupping Khushi's cheek.

"Sure Di", said Khushi with a smile.

"And if Chottey misbehave with you ... don't be afraid to tell Nani and Mami ... they are here for you ok ... I wish you all the best for you married life", said Anjali and Khushi just nod her head. Anjali left after giving a lovely hug to Khushi.

Khushi arrange her clothes and then move to bed, sitting beside the baby, she opened the envelope.

It was a 3 page letter from Lavanya ... written to her.

My dear Khushi,

Hope you are fine and healthy.

When you get this letter, I won't be in this world. I wish you could have come earlier when I had asked you to ... but I also knew the reason why you couldn't. I wanted to say so many things to you Khushi. But I know I don't have much time ... so I am writing them down.

Khushi I want to confess and apologize.

Apologize for taking your love away from you ... taking your Arnav away. Yes Khushi I know that you love Arnav.

And that's what I want to confess that I knew you loved him all along ... and also that I knew you were Muskaan.

Khushi's eyes widened reading the line ... the secret which was deep in her heart, the secret which she haven't let out. Lavanya knew that secret? How? Khushi hurriedly read further.

You were the girl who was madly and deeply in love with Arnav. The girl who started sending him flowers, moving on to small messages on paper, which then lead to poems. The girl, who wrote helping notes for his assignments, and then put them in his bag when he was not in the class. The girl, who also use to cook his favorite pakoray and alu paratha and putting them in his bag whenever he feels like to have them. The girl, who use to watch him from far, his every move. The girl, who use to get worry whenever he fell ill and send him get well soon cards, the girl who make him talk through chits ... the girl who made him believe in love ... the girl who made him fall in love.

I knew that it was you ... it was you all along.

I wonder how you kept this facade ... being Khushi you were his best friend ... with him , around him half of the day and still you manage to keep it a secret. I also wouldn't have know it if I haven't seen you putting the lunch box in his gym bag back then.

When Arnav told me about this girl Muskaan I got curious ... and then I notice that with her being mention you always back away, never commenting much about the topic only saying that its just a crazy girl having crazy crush on Arnav. If I was on your place being Arnav's best friend I would have get curious and try to find out who was that girl ... it made me suspicious. Then one day when I was going to basketball court to meet Arnav, I saw you entering the boys common room. I was surprise to see you go there ... then I saw you putting a rose and a box in his gym bag. I hide so that you cannot see me ... then after few minutes i went and open Arnav's gym bag and there I saw rose flower with a wishing note on winning the match from Muskaan and when I open the box it had pakoras in it. I was shocked to know this. I did not know what to do then. I kept quiet for few days keeping watch on you and it confirmed me that you were the Muskaan. Not a messenger what I first thought you would be. I thought to tell it to Arnav.

But then We got busy in our final exams and I thought to wait more, as not to bring problem between you two at that important time. Then came the annual party time, the night on which Arnav confess his love to me. But I didn't tell you that he assume me to be Muskaan.

Yes Khushi, he thought I was that girl Muskaan, I came to know that when I was looking at the note and things in his gym back, that time Arnav had come there and saw me putting things back in his bag ... he thought I was Muskaan. He told me that night.

At first I was happy to know that he loves me, as with time I had also developed feelings for him. Who won't love him Khushi, Arnav is the best guy. But I was worried on the other hand that I was not Muskaan which he assume me to be. That was you.

But then I got selfish ... I didn't tell him the truth and told him that I love him too. He was happy to know that. He wanted to tell you about this, we searched for you and thats when we both saw you hugging NK. I didn't knew why but Arnav got so angry, he wanted to go to you but I stopped him not to disturb your private moment.

After that I didn't know what happen between you two, that you both fell apart. I tried asking Arnav many times ... but he didn't tell me. Then after graduation you left.

And it broke him Khushi. I saw him moving into a shell, keeping himself away from everyone.

We got married after few months, I try to be with him, support him. Try to have a happy life, and I did. Arnav fulfilled all my wishes, he supported me when I wanted to do job ... we were husband wife in all sense but we lacked in emotional attachment. I try to be his best friend but couldn't Khushi ... I couldn't take your place.

He was slowly drifting apart, not only from me ... but from everyone, he use to work more ... he didn't share his inner feeling with anyone, not even with me. And I sensed the change. Then there were fights, we argue more than spending time with each other ... he was changing and I couldn't do anything. There were many times when I saw him lost in his own thoughts, many times when he involuntary takes your name and then realizing it he would get angry unnecessary.

And then on the night of his parent's death anniversary, I heard him calling you in his sleep. I can never forget the longing in his voice.

That night I knew what was missing ... he was missing you, he wanted you.

Whenever I tried to talk about you he would get angry, I didn't try to contact you as I was afraid, afraid to loose Arnav.

Then I got the best news, I was pregnant ... that was the first time when I saw Arnav happy after so many months ... he was actually happy. I thought everything will be good now. I got my Arnav back. But I was wrong.

After first 3 months of my pregnancy I started getting pain in my abdomen. I neglected it thinking it to be pregnancy symptoms but with time it got worse. Then after test I get to know that my womb is weak. I won't be able to survive if I go ahead with the pregnancy. I was in dilemma, what to do ... Arnav was so happy after many months, and he wanted the baby. After few days of self-argument I decided to go ahead with pregnancy, beside it was already too late for the abortion.

It was my punishment Khushi ... my punishment from God for hiding the truth, for snatching your love. And I realize that. I started to get in contact with you. I was feeling guilty and my inner conscious wasn't letting me in peace. It was eating me up from inside.

In my 7th month Arnav got to know about the complications, he was angry at me for going ahead with this pregnancy ... but I knew how much he wanted the baby ... and again I saw Arnav going away from me. He did care for me, fulfill my cravings but the love was missing.

Now I knew what it was Khushi. The love was never mine ... it was yours ... It was yours all along.

He won't admit it but the truth is that he never really loved me. He thinks he loves me as he thinks that I am Muskaan. But that was not me. It was only you.

It was you all along.

I know for sure that he hasn't forgotten you even for single day. He loves you Khushi ... but that stupid don't know it yet and even if you tell him that he would never agree.

Please forgive me Khushi.

I don't know if I will be able to meet you or not, but if you find this ... I want you to take back your love Khushi.

Arnav needs you ... he needs his best friend ... he needs his love back. The love ... which is you.

Marry him and give him love, his friend back.

Tell him the truth. That you are Muskaan ... you are his love.

And yes one thing more.

If my baby survives, please take care of him/her. I know I am again getting selfish here ... but what to do ... a mother always gets worry of her child.

No one will be more happy then me to see you both together and happy ... it will give my soul peace.

With love,

Lavanya.

There were tears in Khushi's eyes as she finished the letter ... all those memories came back to her.

TO BE CONTINUED ... !!!!

ok i really dont know how it had come out ... i was just writing whatever was coming in mind ... but still be waiting for comments ...  😛

PART- 2  - On Page 11

PART-3(A) - On Page 28

Answers to some Questions/Comments - On Page 41

PART-3(B) - On Page 44

PART-3(C) - On Page 54

Edited by Bubbles76 - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..Sri.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
At last...

Thank you God... Thank you so much. If know, she will write her another work on my birthday, I could have told my birthday date wrong. like may be in earlier months... 😃 But no problem... at last my last wish came true. thank you God...

And My darling... Pari...

Thanks a lot for your wonderful work. This is what I needed from your pen - another work, another story. I knew whatever you write, it will be fantastic and you didn't disappoint me. This is... this is... I mean... just wow...

The way you depicted about arnav and khushi's feelings about each other, Lavanya's guilt in her letter, mostly MUSKAAN...

love you dear...

I couldn't control my tears while reading the shot. I really feeling over whelmed from yesterday start. This is the wonderful amazing birthday of my life. I never had this blasting birthday before and i'm sure i won't in future.

Thanks for your wonderful birthday gift. I will never ever get this much exciting gift from anyone... 😃 I loved it...

Thank you...

Love you...

Edited by sankadevi_lg - 9 years ago
Sona257 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Awesome shot! I felt like I was reading a ff 
Hope arnav reads the letter of lavanya,, feel bad for arnav and khuhsi..
Lavanya was really selfish here,, but now they r married hope they will be together,,
I really love this shot.. can't wait for the next one!
Great job dear!!

Edited by Sona257 - 9 years ago
EchTee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Arooma awesome shot...

Lots of kisses n hugs to u..

Plz continue soon..Edited by HUMII10592 - 9 years ago
arohi. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
It's just awesome !!

"It Was You All Along".. this Title is so perfect for the story n especially Arshi !!
U wrote it very beautifully... n I love the lengthy n detailed updates with depth u always give...
Within a single part, u covered a lot of story.

But, I would love it if u can make it an SS..

Glad to see u wrote other stories apart from ur other beautiful FF "You Are My New Dream". 

Hope u write more SS/FF of Arshi... I will be following every post u make, for SURE.. :-)
Edited by Aarohi... - 9 years ago
-Roshini- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome cont soon
does arnav knows that khushi is hos muskaan?
Update soon
barunsgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Brilliant👏
Continue soon
Eagerly waiting
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
OMg, LA the selfish bitch...good God punished her...poor Khushi n Arnav, she was probably crying n NK consoling her that is what Arnav saw...
hate La...good she isnt there anymore...but unfortunately her kid will always be arnav's first child...

sneharjun92 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nice update. when will arnav come to know about khushi.
update soon dear.
..ri.. thumbnail
it's awesome.. so so beautiful..
hope arnav too.will read this letter..
waiting for next update eagerly..