aap ki kaneez... anyone?

neelabha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Has anyone watched Aap ki Kaneez? I have recently come across a few write-ups about this new Pakistani TV show starring Alyy Khan and Yumna Zaidi. It seems quite intriguing. But the basic premise reminds me faintly of the NDTV Imagine serial Bandini. I'm sure Kaneez will be more realistic and believable, minus the outrageous twists and mindboggling leaps Bandini took.
I'm not saying Kaneez is an outright copy of Bandini-- maybe both took inspiration from the same source.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KPKPBT thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Apki kaneez going to be my fav. One love Yamana zaidi
neelabha thumbnail
Both Alyy Khan and Yumna are very talented. From what I've gathered so far Alyy Khan is a rich widower still in love with his dead wife. He attends the wedding of his gardener's daughter (played by Yumna). By a twist of fate Alyy ends up marrying Yumna. He brings her home but is completely indifferent to her and does not even introduce her to his family. The family includes his young daughter and grown-up stepson besides an old lady (Shameem Hilaly) who might be his mother or his dead wife's mother (not sure which). The rest of the story is about Yumna's attempts to gain acceptance from the family and win Alyy's heart. You can see why this reminds me of Bandini (the serial starring Ronit Roy). Yumna's character is named Kaneez, which literally means a maidservant. So Aapki Kaneez, the title, refers to both the heroine's name and her status. It's a stereotypical plot but still looks interesting because of the powerful performers in the cast.
Rabz_14 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i watched 2-3 Epis of it... Yumna is good in this

how come the girl's name is also kaneez...they wanna show its a co incidence?
neelabha thumbnail
The girl is named Kaneez Fatima, a traditional Muslim name. Kaneez for short, which fits in with the master-maid theme of the show.