Faisal Rashid DT Note pg 9

nitarata thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
He needs more screen space. He had lots of it before but ever since AbhiGya marriage, he is missing in action. If anything he is a very good actor and Suresh is a relatively sensible character in the soap. I just hope he comes back with a meatier role in the coming track. What do you guys say?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i just wonder what was promised to him when he signed for the role. i hope it was something like "you're a parallel lead, but your story comes later"...

if you look at it, his screentime was greatest when abhi's was least. not a comforting correlation.
nitarata thumbnail

Originally posted by: -mina-

i just wonder what was promised to him when he signed for the role. i hope it was something like "you're a parallel lead, but your story comes later"...

if you look at it, his screentime was greatest when abhi's was least. not a comforting correlation.

I know right! And my perfect scenario is to see Pragya, Abhi and Suresh in one track focused equally on the three of them. It's purely from wanting to see 3 wonderful performers together. Don't even know if they will ever let it come true!
-mina- thumbnail
also, Suresh is not a sensible character; he has all the appearance of one, he tries to make logical upstanding decisions and isn't an instinctive dramebaaz, BUT he has one fatal flaw - an unreasonable love for Bulbul which has already caused havoc in his otherwise well-ordered life (the whole engagement mess with Pragya). this one flaw, this one area of weakness, will open the door for his character to get as soapy ridiculous as any of them!

...apologies if my cynicism is offensive. i think i'm being funny but i guess it can sound dismissive to anyone trying to take the show/actors seriously. just, when it comes to serious critiques, my attitude is always to begin by not expecting too much, so...yeah. sorry.
Edited by -mina- - 9 years ago
-mina- thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Tia-

I know right! And my perfect scenario is to see Pragya, Abhi and Suresh in one track focused equally on the three of them. It's purely from wanting to see 3 wonderful performers together. Don't even know if they will ever let it come true!

other than a jealousy track, what could the story be for this? or even if it was a jealousy track. what would you like to see in your perfect scenario?

we can hope that someday we'll get a stretch of heavy sriti/faisal/shabbir focus...it'll have to end for something less compelling, and it'd come after lots of other drama, but it should be possible at some point, providing ongoing health for our show, and ongoing commitment from the actors :)
FhatTheWuck. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Yes! And love the comments you two have there ^

I want The three of the them WALA track too!

He needs to learn about suresh Pragya story lol

And I hope when aakash rachna track comes we can see that

-mina- thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Martinski-

Yes! And love the comments you two have there ^

I want The three of the them WALA track too!

He needs to learn about suresh Pragya story lol

And I hope when aakash rachna track comes we can see that

lol aakash and rachna track! maybe they will reunite when their baby is ready for high school! it feels like it'll take ages for the cvs to come back to that. i hope they will do it justice though!!

and it's interesting to think about abhi learning the suresh-pragya story. it would have a different effect at different points. if it's while he still thinks she's a schemer and while he's telling himself he could never be interested in her, then he might just think it's some sad weirdness and just get annoyed by thinking about it. if it's after he starts to care for her more, and maybe after he's able to be honest with himself about it (dunno if that's ever gonna happen), then maybe we will get the crazy jealousy/protectiveness aspect that we like to imagine for abhi vs suresh!

my point is that he does need to learn about it, but won't automatically make him jealous, you know? and like it'll only be important if for some other reason, suresh starts coming up in their life a lot. so idk.

but yeah that's another thing i hope they will do justice to!!
nitarata thumbnail

also, Suresh is not a sensible character; he has all the appearance of one, he tries to make logical upstanding decisions and isn't an instinctive dramebaaz, BUT he has one fatal flaw - an unreasonable love for Bulbul which has already caused havoc in his otherwise well-ordered life (the whole engagement mess with Pragya). this one flaw, this one area of weakness, will open the door for his character to get as soapy ridiculous as any of them!

...apologies if my cynicism is offensive. i think i'm being funny but i guess it can sound dismissive to anyone trying to take the show/actors seriously. just, when it comes to serious critiques, my attitude is always to begin by not expecting too much, so...yeah. sorry.

That's why I used the term "relative" Mina. Suresh will perhaps not marry someone for the sake of his love for his sister, nor would he run away from an engagement mantap or try to kill himself. Within that limit, he will do his share of less sensible stuff!

Who wants to be sensible anyway!😉
-mina- thumbnail
bahaha, sorry Tia, I missed the relatively! but let me add that i can imagine a scenario where suresh does something about brotherly majboori (yes, even marriage), and maybe there could be a good reason for running from the mandap (but he would hate himself for doing it). unlikely scenarios for suresh...but not impossible 😉
nitarata thumbnail

other than a jealousy track, what could the story be for this? or even if it was a jealousy track. what would you like to see in your perfect scenario?

we can hope that someday we'll get a stretch of heavy sriti/faisal/shabbir focus...it'll have to end for something less compelling, and it'd come after lots of other drama, but it should be possible at some point, providing ongoing health for our show, and ongoing commitment from the actors :)

I have sort of given up on the jealousy track now. If SuBul is to happen soon, no jealousy track at all.

However, Abhi does not yet know about Pragya-Suresh. Unless asked, Pragya might not tell him about her little love affair with Suresh. So, Abhi can come to know when he is about to propose his love to Pragya that she was in love with Suresh. He can have some evidence that she still is. So he can rot in his own created hell that his Chashmish still pines for double battery while for some reason Pragya hides her love affair with Suresh from him.

Or some issue can come up in which Suresh stands up against Abhi and Pragya gets caught between her "wrong" husband and her "right" friend. Hmm?