js16 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Beintehaa...started as a love story of 2 people who hate each other but gradually fall in love and i guess would progress to be modern tale of romeo juliet, heer ranjha or etc epic love stories (BEINTEHAA). 2 people who stand the test of time, people, situations etc etc. But some where in between the channel, the producer and writers decided that we will make it into drama and make people sooo emotional and cry and when it worked they decided lets continue with the process.
I guess everyone who makes a program for any audience forgets after getting success that who made them successful and why where they a success. For me Beintehaa entered my home was for breath-taking refreshing new couple, a modern take at falling in love, a strong women in AAliya, an emmensely sensible Indian man Zain. I didnt want a saas bahu saga I mean Im a young couple i wanted to be represented on screen I watch Friends and How I met your mother. i think it was big change to get Indian soap Beintehaa home and then see fall so low to start off by making it religious. I mean how about educating than preaching. Sometimes its good to question what you follow but to this level of HALALA i cant digest it. Its stirring up a whole new storm that i think the channel, producers and writers have failed me as an audience. I want to cry, i want to laugh I want to feel emotional for the love story but making it about religion has just put me off. Im going back to English programs as they are closer to my heart just as Beintehaa started but is now dying a slow death. I been bought up my muslim neighbors and I see the whole divorce and plotting and now HALALA so unreal coz u did love someone u would never divorce them in the first place...understand love to actually make a love story...

A note to future program directors every serial made in the united states is actively researched and made based on an experience or true life moment then extrapolated even its a cartoon. Please stop cooking the imagination to the extent of scary nightmare.

DISGRUNTLE - Ardent FAN (maybe not anymore moving on will be back when teh story is back on track)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Spero thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi,

I agree with you. I'm not from India, and I mostly watch american serials. My craze for hindi serials started with a certain IPKKND and then shifted to asya (awesome couple). The fates of both serials are well known.

I had promised myself to never watch a hindi serial again. Then one day I read about BI and decided to give it a try. For weeks, I watched all the episodes online :) Can't tell u how much I loved the serial. It was so different. The trio Aliya-Zain-Osman took the serial to such heights. Everything about BI was so different..I'm almost tempted to use the word fresh,lol.

There's a scene where Aliya is trying on her wedding dress. Zain walks in and is asked about Aliya's look. We get the BI music and such amazing expressions from Zaya. Even now I still watch that scene. There's also the scene where Zain comes to Bhopal, sees Aliya's pic on FB and then she's next to the bus on her cycle. Up till March, I can rewatch BI over and over.

But then they just lost the plot. It all started with the Barkat track and then the show went downwill with its crazy tracks.

I love Harshad and Preetika. They are fabulous actors and deserve all the success in the world. But I don't have the courage to be tortured by this show anymore. And going for halala nikaah doesn't make any sense to me. I don't mean to offend anyone and I have the utmost respect for all religions.

I will be back after the halala track only for Harshika. There's a part of me that keeps hoping that BI goes back to its light-hearted days. I miss seeing Zain's mischievous smile.
Edited by Spero - 10 years ago
js16 thumbnail
Hey,
Thanks for sharing my sentiments. Im just tired of all teh extra maritial affairs and remarriages in Indian cinema. Sadly these twists bring in TRP and pure heart felt love stories dont:(