Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LiveLifeInBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: qhid

You know what I had to make a post..I tried not to as I don't watch the show and just as I started watching there was talk of talaq and remarriage...so I got this wicked plan in my head I suggest Aliya marry whoever, continue her love affair with hawtie Zain and make it easy for another talaq and carryon back to Zain.
Simple really!

Lovely post you girls.

Serious note...

Drama is one thing, but love is another altogether..
Often wonder why in our society something that should be so simple and a natural thing to expect; something to get happy seeing...(two people utterly in love..all moony eyed and happy to be together )is instead confused, dragged through the mud, ostracized. Is it because people have too much time on their hands or that they are jealous or that they don't have a work to do or all of the above...

It's true in our society as much as the serial situations may be exaggerated...a natural progression of any relationship in india has to navigate through family, friends, neighbors, the doodhwala...like seriously?

Nowhere have I seen so much pressure on a couple who are in most other countries free to be together and people love seeing a young in love couple...

I don't know why in our culture there is so much importance given to non existant morality...everyone is a judge...everyone gets to decide but the people whom the decision is being made for.
Kya bakwaas hain yeh...aur kyon? The sad part is aisa hota hai...

PS: this rant was not meant to hurt any particular religious practices but in general how I feel about people interfering in others business as their own!

👏 Love what you had say. Please do share your thoughts more often 😃
sumaiya-kay thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: .Mandy.

What's even more annoying is the fact those banners are there in the videos Colors uploads to YT. Like with SP and LifeOK those banners are gone from the videos they upload but with Colors it is constantly there! I hate it!

I thought they remove the banners when they upload to YT They should at least remove them on YT episodes 🥱
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: -Unknown-22

LOL, 5 mins of Rehan and they think he is the new lead.

He was Zain and Aliya's saviour yesterday, I think it will be him that'll help them find an easier solution to this situation

So according to that speculation did Aaliya think she was marrying Rehan? Did he do this knowing what the Abdullahs were plotting and knowing this could reunite ZaYa while solving the halala issue? Rehan could do his part and then Zarina may target Rehan next, that could unfold the next story which remains open with his wife's death and Suraiya's accident case.
sumaiya-kay thumbnail

You know what I had to make a post..I tried not to as I don't watch the show and just as I started watching there was talk of talaq and remarriage...so I got this wicked plan in my head I suggest Aliya marry whoever, continue her love affair with hawtie Zain and make it easy for another talaq and carryon back to Zain.
Simple really!

Lovely post you girls.

Serious note...

Often wonder why in our society something that should be so simple and a natural thing to expect; something to get happy seeing...(two people utterly in love..all moony eyed and happy to be together )is instead confused, dragged through the mud, ostracized. Is it because people have too much time on their hands or that they are jealous or that they don't have a work to do or all of the above...

It's true in our society as much as the serial situations may be exaggerated...a natural progression of any relationship in india has to navigate through family, friends, neighbors, the doodhwala...like seriously?

Nowhere have I seen so much pressure on a couple who are in most other countries free to be together and people love seeing a young in love couple...

I don't know why in our culture there is so much importance given to non existant morality...everyone is a judge...everyone gets to decide but the people whom the decision is being made for.

PS: this rant was not meant to hurt any particular religious practices but in general how I feel about people interfering in others business as their own!

Very well said! 👏 As Saheba said you should post your thoughts more often! 😃

Is there something in the genetic makeup of most brown people that make them poke their noses in EVERYONE'S business and have an opinion about it too? 🤔
mandy0310 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -sumaiya-

I thought they remove the banners when they upload to YT They should at least remove them on YT episodes 🥱

No they do not because I was watching older episodes that are not blocked for me on YT and those banners are there! I despise them with a passion, why is it so hard for them to take those out?? If that is not annoying enough you have specific parts muted because of copyright issues, its like why upload the video at all?? 🥱
musicxolover thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Simple really!

Lovely post you girls.

Serious note...

Well said and bang on points! 👏

It's harsh and sickening but it's completely true, unfortunately. Everybody always pokes their noses into any matter, add in their own unwanted 2 cents and prepare to preach about morals and religion like they are so well-versed in them. 🥱
..Zainab.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Simple really!

Lovely post you girls.

Serious note...

It's true in our society as much as the serial situations may be exaggerated...a natural progression of any relationship in india has to navigate through family, friends, neighbors, the doodhwala...like seriously? Nowhere have I seen so much pressure on a couple who are free to be together and people love seeing that.

Easier said than done doe. Its just hard for two people who love each other so much that it almost becomes a life threatening issue if they cant unite. Exaggerated not really, Zain and Aaliyah have not ever thought of anyone but each other, the name marriage can only be linked to Zain or Aaliyah for them.

I feel like they would have agreed to it earlier of the Qazi had not said that Aaliyah is haram for Zain, that really got to the both of them. they are one man/woman kind of people, their love is so pure and divine but when one begins to point at it and that too when they are innocent its than when they begin to question and react as Zain and Aaliyah are now currently.

Girl first of all i am glad you came out and brought light to such a topic, this is a constant issue not in just indian society but anywhere where brown people exist. Be it america or UK these so called relatives only appear when something horrible could be said.

I have always myself questioned, why is this uncle or that auntie butting in when it has freakin nothing to do with them and their lives. People have too much time on their hands to come out, and criticize others when they cant take a second and look how messed up their heads are.

what makes these matters worst when family members begin to go with what others think and believe to be correct is, it all comes down to izzat. how can your izzat be ruined, butchered or destroyed in any manner when you support the right instead of the wrong, just cause the majority is on the wrong side.

Over here, such a perceptible issue as Halala, isnt spoken about everyday, and this situation, Zain and Aaliyahs, could have been handled differently by the couple if it was like 14th century, but its different now, we as adults are taught to make our decisions and question if we are objective towards something.

Zain and Aaliyah over here dont understand how could Aaliyah be halal to him after marrying another man? how is she haram to him now? how can they call their mohabbat haram when they have not done anything and what makes it worse is when even the freakin dhoodwala begins to taunt ZaYas reputation.

If we get really technical than this is a matter of reputation, belief, religion, and so much more. but honestly instead of bugging out imma just enjoy the show
LiveLifeInBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -sumaiya-

Very well said! 👏 As Saheba said you should post your thoughts more often! 😃

Is there something in the genetic makeup of most brown people that make them poke their noses in EVERYONE'S business and have an opinion about it too? 🤔

It is in their genes Sumi. Even browns here in Canada gossip and poke their noses in people's business. It is best if you stay out of it 😎
sumaiya-kay thumbnail
I can understand copyright issues when it comes to Bollywood music on the show but they mute the title song too and sometimes certain dialogues are there which also get muted...it just spoils the viewing experience...
mandy0310 thumbnail

Simple really!

Lovely post you girls.

Serious note...

Very well said, what is being shown in BI is sadly what happens in real life. There will always be those who feel the need to poke their nose in other peoples lives and want to have their say and as easy as it is to say who cares or let us live our lives the way we want, society just does not make it that easy.