Brainbox1999 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and have never posted apart from a few comments. I just wanna know your opinions about the issues in Islam that are portrayed in the program. How do YOU feel about them? And what do you what done about them? PLEASE comment below, lots of LOVE 😊 BTW no arguing, just opinions

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LiveLifeInBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
res I will get back to this 😃
But I am loving what they are showing and the steps the leads are taking as this is reality. It's easy for people to judge and say that you can't go against the rules and what not but I would like to see them easily accept it if there in Zaya's place.
Brainbox1999 thumbnail
Thank you for replying, I was starting to doubt putting this up. I put this up to see what people's views were. 😉
sweet_14 thumbnail
1. Potrayal of going to mazaars/darga's and praying to Allah/God via an intersessor inbetween is considered SHIRK (associating partners with Allah). This kind of shirk is called Sirk in Ibadah (Ibadah = prayer). Allah forgives everything; but shirk! Unless a person seeks forgiveness from Allah, as soon as the person realizes His mistake.The beauty of Islam is believe in one god without any association of any kind.

So, to begin with Islam is potrayed under wrong lenses. This is understandable, as people practice cultural/political Islam, which is far from the true teachings of Islam in India, Pakistan, and even other middle eastern or Arab countries.

2. Halala Nikkah is HARAM in Islam!!!!! If the husband divorces the wife (3 times) she needs to marry someone else with a pure intention, consummate the marriage, and if for some reason the marriage breaks, the wife can re-marry her first husband. This is so she can realize if she really wants to re-marry her first husband. When a Nikkah is done Allah instills love in the hearts of both husband and wife, and it is very much possible that the 2nd husband treats her better than a princess...So, that is the whole concept...A concept of realization!!

Allah hates it when a husband divorces a wife without any reason, the angels in heaven cry when a divorce happens...the only acceptable reason is adultery in Islam, the rest of the reasons are materialistic usually, and Allah knows best. Usually if a person divorces the wife in anger, Allah gives him 2 chances to rectify his mistake, and take back his wife...But the Devil Shaitaan (one of his attribute is arrogance) makes the man arrogant, and the man forsakes his chances given as mercy to man by Allah, again and again. And, thus the man has to suffer the consequences of His actions; to living a life where he has to watch his wife marry someone else! Also, who can guarantee that This man will not become arrogant again, become weak in front of his Mother/Family again, and mistreat the wife...Divorce and Marriage has become a joke in today's society.

the best advice by prophet Muhammad SAWW is to stay quite when you are angry. If your are standing and angry, sit down. If you are sitting down and angry, lay down. If you are laying down and angry, take a shower. Just don't speak!
Coz, most of the time a person does not even remember what he has said in anger; and, sometimes the person would say stuff they don't even mean to say. But the damage is done, the trauma the other person goes through while hearing you can never be rectified!!
Edited by sweet_14 - 10 years ago
neenzz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
In order from when the show started, the first episode had a scene where Aaliya was in a darga/mazaar.
going to darga/mazaars: women are not to enter cemeteries/tombs/mausoleums, u get the point, and the people buried inside were all humans, however great they may have been, but they were all humans like u and I, so asking them for something is not gonna help, they also used to make dua'a to Allah (Subhaanahu wa Ta'ala) only, and they wanted others to do the same, it was other people who, after their demise, created their dargaahs or mazaars, and started praying to them, and started taking vows that they'll do this if this happens, and so on and so forth!
So, anyways, associating anything or anyone with Allah - called shirk - is a grave sin.
When we cross a cemetery or a dargaah, we can recite fatiha (Quranic surah) but that's it, asking them for anything will do one no good as they are dead themselves, thwy can't help themselves now, how will they help anyone else?

Salaam: it's Assalaam-o-Alaikum (pronunciation: us-salaam-o-ul-ay-koom) if pronounced any other way, the meaning could change from 'peace be upon u' to who knows what. There isn't supposed to be any hand gesture when doing salaam, but if one does it, there's no harm.

Quran Shareef: It shouldn't be kept open, one should perform wudu before holding it, and a girl should cover her head.

Bragging: one should not brag about their good deeds, it's between a person and Allah, doesn't mean that one should lie if asked about it, no, tell the truth, but no point in bragging, one's not doing it for the world to see, right? Where is the modesty in that?

Divorce: it should be the last resort, if every other option fails, then only is it permissible, one doesn't need to say talaaq thrice, if said once, the process starts. After a husband says talaaq the first time, there is a iddah of 3 menstrual cycle, or 3 months (varies from woman to woman) though for pregnant women iddah ends with the pregnancy. Also the talaaq cannot be given if the woman is menstruating, and if it was given then, it won't be counted. So, if during the iddah period, a man decides to taje his wife back, he can, but if he wants her back after the iddat has ended, then he'd have to remarry her. Same goes for the second talaaq, but there is no return after the third one! Unless the woman married another guy, and later on, for some unforeseen reason, he divorced her, or died, then she'd be no longer haraam on her first husband.
Which brings me to thw next topic,
Halala: If planned so that the woman can return to her furst husband, it's haraam! But if she had already married another guy, and like I mentioned above, if he divorced her of his own free will, after trying everything to save their marriage, then if her first husband wants her back, she'd be no longer haraam for him!

I have no issues with BI, it's just a tv show, and i take it that way only, i really like the show and ZaYa, and the chemistry Harshika share is just enough to set my screen on fire, so if anyone was offended, I sincerely apologize!
Just wrote this because u asked what/how i feel about the Islamic issues portrayed in the show. *peace*
neenzz thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweet_14

1. Potrayal of going to mazaars/darga's and praying to Allah/God via an intersessor inbetween is considered SHIRK (associating partners with Allah). This kind of shirk is called Sirk in Ibadah (Ibadah = prayer). Allah forgives everything; but shirk! Unless a person seeks forgiveness from Allah, as soon as the person realizes His mistake.The beauty of Islam is believe in one god without any association of any kind.

So, to begin with Islam is potrayed under wrong lenses. This is understandable, as people practice cultural/political Islam, which is far from the true teachings of Islam in India, Pakistan, and even other middle eastern or Arab countries.

2. Halala Nikkah is HARAM in Islam!!!!! If the husband divorces the wife (3 times) she needs to marry someone else with a pure intention, consummate the marriage, and if for some reason the marriage breaks, the wife can re-marry her first husband. This is so she can realize if she really wants to re-marry her first husband. When a Nikkah is done Allah instills love in the hearts of both husband and wife, and it is very much possible that the 2nd husband treats her better than a princess...So, that is the whole concept...A concept of realization!!

Allah hates it when a husband divorces a wife without any reason, the angels in heaven cry when a divorce happens...the only acceptable reason is adultery in Islam, the rest of the reasons are materialistic usually, and Allah knows best. Usually if a person divorces the wife in anger, Allah gives him 2 chances to rectify his mistake, and take back his wife...But the Devil Shaitaan (one of his attribute is arrogance) makes the man arrogant, and the man forsakes his chances given as mercy to man by Allah, again and again. And, thus the man has to suffer the consequences of His actions; to living a life where he has to watch his wife marry someone else! Also, who can guarantee that This man will not become arrogant again, become weak in front of his Mother/Family again, and mistreat the wife...Divorce and Marriage has become a joke in today's society.

the best advice by prophet Muhammad SAWW is to stay quite when you are angry. If your are standing and angry, sit down. If you are sitting down and angry, lay down. If you are laying down and angry, take a shower. Just don't speak!
Coz, most of the time a person does not even remember what he has said in anger; and, sometimes the person would say stuff they don't even mean to say. But the damage is done, the trauma the other person goes through while hearing you can never be rectified!!

i agree with everything u said 😊
neenzz thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Saheba-

res I will get back to this 😃

But I am loving what they are showing and the steps the leads are taking as this is reality. It's easy for people to judge and say that you can't go against the rules and what not but I would like to see them easily accept it if there in aaliya's place.

If God forbid I was in Aaliya's situation (which I pray and hope i never will be) and hadn't know about these issues, I'd probably would have reacted the same way as she. So I'd say she is justified in doing what she is doing! But at the end of the day, it's just a tv show, so I wouldn't let it affect me anymore than it already has, like if affects my romantic emotions, I don't wanna let it affect my religious ones as well. Besides, koi itna bhi bewaqoof nhi hota k apna deen ek tv show say seekhay!