What a low blow from Mariam today

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Well I did want to hear Mariam speak up and today she finally raised her voice but what a way to do it...in her protectiveness over Najma, she lashed out at Imran in the worst way possible labeling him a murderer of his own child...human nature is amazing...even an otherwise seemingly angelic Mariam can say something this low and hurtful to someone when pushed to her limits.

And Imran...like his Maamu said in the precap...he's in a vegetative state at this point...he simply crumpled when Mariam accused him of murdering his daughter...in general the alcohol seems to help him stay in that numb state where he won't have to cope with the reality of losing his beloved daughter and he stews in anger and bitterness over the tragedies in his life...if his wife ran off with his best friend AFTER their daughter died...wow...really low...

Anyways finally the story moves a teeny tiny bit...and a rare non-Tauseef epi! Hallelujah.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree with you. I like that she spoke up for Najma but there was no need for her to say those words when she doesn't even know him. Personally, I felt it was so out of character when Mariyam said that. Even in the episode where the guy came to see her, she put her point on bringing Najma along without actually disrespecting the prospective groom. But then oh well...

I also hope the CVs find better ways to have Najma/Imran meet rather than her constantly going to his house to either get the racket or the chits. What Najma has been doing is trespass & no matter what, it cannot be justified unless she seeks Imran's consent.

And am I also the only one wondering about who Najma resembles? I wonder who she gets such a head strong personality from. I wish the flashbacks between Tauseef/Mariam were more instrumental in showing their personalities rather than just their romance. Both of them were always laughing so we don't get to see their real personality. I am sure the meek Mariam today wasn't always this meek in the past.
Edited by prc_fan1 - 10 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: prc_fan1

I agree with you. I like that she spoke up for Najma but there was no need for her to say those words when she doesn't even know him. Personally, I felt it was so out of character when Mariyam said that. Even in the episode where the guy came to see her, she put her point on bringing Najma along without actually disrespecting the prospective groom. But then oh well...

I also hope the CVs find better ways to have Najma/Imran meet rather than her constantly going to his house to either get the racket or the chits. What Najma has been doing is trespass & no matter what, it cannot be justified unless she seeks Imran's consent.

And am I also the only one wondering about who Najma resembles? I wonder who she gets such a head strong personality from. I wish the flashbacks between Tauseef/Mariam were more instrumental in showing their personalities rather than just their romance. Both of them were always laughing so we don't get to see their real personality. I am sure the meek Mariam today wasn't always this meek in the past.

Yes, I also found it a bit out of character...also Barkha was not that impressive in this scene...but then I figured it was the mama bear side of Mariam coming out...when it comes to Najma, she does get more worked up...

But notice, this is the first time Mariam took Imran's nameπŸ˜†...he toh calls her "Mohotarma" each timeπŸ˜†...such tehzeeb...I like it.

I think the culture of mohallas is different from what we would define as generally trespassing...Imran's issue is more that he just wants solitude and Najma shows up each time to mess with that...also situations are such that Najma ends up going into his house without meaning to trespass...yesterday was all about building up the drama to the broken photo frame of Mehak...I knew it would be broken by Najma only given how much time they spent showing Imran talking about that picture.

Yesterday was basically a flashpoint...intended to bring forth Imran's backstory in front of the viewers as well as Najma and Mariam...the story might take a turn from here.

Upcoming previews do point to the fact that Najma will bond with Imran hereon even as Mariam protests.

LOL Najma has probably gone on her mother...yes most of the flashbacks are wasted on cheesy Tauseef-Mariam romantic scenes but I did see flashes of fieriness in Mariam...I think Najma gets it from her only.
spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi Anu:)

I have been watching this show on and off. The pace and lack of proper character development puts me off:( Tauseef and Mariyams flash back and most of the interactions does not leave any impact. Tauseefs acting or lack of it cracks me up sometimes.Right now I am only looking forward to Najma and Imran interactions. They have got the setting of Mohalla right hope they concentrate on the main story now.

Mariyams character needs to be fleshed out. I still cant get over the scene where dhe so easily lets go of Tauseefs racquet. It is one of the most important part of his life and she just did not fight for it.

Sorry for the rant!
soapbubble thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Yes, it WAS a bit low.
In fact I was so appalled when I saw the promo, I nearly didn't see the episode that day. But it was one of those badminton match ones, so I stuck with it.

Heavy overreaction, of course, but they needed the story to be galvanised somehow - suddenly the interactions between Majma and Imtaf had to become intense and more personal than those with the rest of the family.
And Imran HAS been behaving like a bear, besides raising his hand to Najma, so, yes, shocking but I could bear it in the episode - it was too shocking in the promo.

It moves the story, so well...

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: spidie

Hi Anu:)

I have been watching this show on and off. The pace and lack of proper character development puts me off:( Tauseef and Mariyams flash back and most of the interactions does not leave any impact. Tauseefs acting or lack of it cracks me up sometimes.Right now I am only looking forward to Najma and Imran interactions. They have got the setting of Mohalla right hope they concentrate on the main story now.

Mariyams character needs to be fleshed out. I still cant get over the scene where dhe so easily lets go of Tauseefs racquet. It is one of the most important part of his life and she just did not fight for it.

Sorry for the rant!

Heya spidie :-) You finally decided to speak up and come out of lurker mode?πŸ˜†

Yes I agree...the pace and lack of character development are issues for me as well...but off late, since the last 2-3 epis with the badminton match and more Imran-Najma interactions, things have picked up a bit...I also mainly look forward to their interactions only...and the mohalla setting as you said has a very authentic vibe to it that I do like...

But yes, the Tauseef bits and the cheesy FBs...*sigh* Acting tohπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Oh the racquet scene...ditto! I was also so disappointed...I thought she'd fight for the racket...but she didn't say a word...see this is where you need to put CONVICTION in a character...her endless sobby bhaashans over her love for Tauseef don't hold much water if in crucial moments her character fizzles out like that...she's so INSIPID most of the time *sigh*

Now Najma on the other hand...Ashnoor is rocking this character...loved her acting during the badminton match...the various shades of emotion as she finally wins...and then her attempts to talk to Imran were cute too...there is potential in those two.
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: soapbubble

Yes, it WAS a bit low.

In fact I was so appalled when I saw the promo, I nearly didn't see the episode that day. But it was one of those badminton match ones, so I stuck with it.

Heavy overreaction, of course, but they needed the story to be galvanised somehow - suddenly the interactions between Majma and Imtaf had to become intense and more personal than those with the rest of the family.
And Imran HAS been behaving like a bear, besides raising his hand to Najma, so, yes, shocking but I could bear it in the episode - it was too shocking in the promo.

It moves the story, so well...

Imran raising his hand on Najma was definitely an over-reaction as well but given his bear-like behavior built up since some epis, it still felt in character coming from him...but Mariyam just pulled out that murderer accusation out of nowhere...given the generally quite/silent sufferer type she is, it did feel quite out of character to see her speak like that...and Barkha wasn't very convincing in portraying a mother's protective anger there either.

Anyways yes if this moves the story, I can let it go.
spidie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
..Zainab.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hey!
I have watched the show up to like episode 12 or 11 I think, it was a bit draggy and I wanted to seek more out of it. I have been on and off been reading the WUs and nothing really eye catchy happened for me to continue to catch up honestly.

After reading your post, I progressed to watch todays episode and was a bit dismayed by what Mariam said but than again, personally i dont think her personality or characters traits have come out as much for me to put my thoughts together in a proper sensible order.

Sorry If i contradict anywhere but I am bit ehh, Imran honestly has buried himself in depression and guilt but than again what Mariam did today was just so obscure. I understand that she stood up for herself and I agree completely for her to do such but than the accusations, that was a bit too harsh for a person like Mariam no? Mariam most of the time is just so innocuous and I am perturbed of how easily she let go of Tauseefs racket.

Her character initiated brilliantly, like i got the whole alone morose kind of character and was waiting for some improvement, so far its pretty bland if you ask me.

Coming to Tauseef, all we see of him is him romancing his wife. Can we please move on, I mean they are cute moments but I want the story to move forward for them to show other appealing "Oh Shit" kinda moments with him.

Lastly, I have never seen such a beautiful young actress who makes you weep with them. Sometimes I feel her emotions better than Mariams, sorry i dont know their real names. Najma is played very dazzlingly.

I am going to roam around here and see if the episode is worth to watch. Sorry for the rambling and if I did not make sense. I think I am just ehh about the story so far, I mean IDK I feel like something is missing.

P.S. I love your siggy, the woman I dont know her name but one of my favorite Paki Actress. πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by _Littles12_ - 10 years ago