THE LAST MEETING-A ZAYA DRABBLE

AnnRosewood thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
hey friends this is my first drabble,dedicated to Sanika-the Mistress od Drabbles in thsi forum.Please forgive me if it is not good..because i realy don't knowwhether u all will like it or not. Happy Reading!

(Zain's POV)

I tried to forget.Leave the past behind,but I couldn't do it when I saw her from the distance,melting with the crowd,seven years after we had last seen each other.I almost didn't recognize her,with a new hair coloure and a happy smile she never wore with me on the last times we were together.But when our looks interwined like they used to,waves of regret washed over me like the rocks eroded by the sea.It was adifferent town,a different me,a different her, and a different man ,who made her happy,just standing by her side.A man who really made her smile.But her eyes were the same perfect brown,looking at me with sorrow,not because she was sad,but because I was no longer a man.I was ashadow,made of memories and regrets and we both knew why...

They slowly walked over to me,her hands secured over her visibly protruding belly,a small smile of recognition plastered on her face.the hospital lobby was busy,filled with nurses and doctors,and patients and families waiting for their turn.I never realised that they were standing in front of me..perhaps I was lost in my thoughts..until she broke the disorienting dubious silence...

"hi..."
"Hi.."My eyes drifted over to the man standing beside her..his hands secured around her shoulder.."Zain-this is my-h-husband..Rehaan..Rehaan this is Zain..my---"her eyes skittered over to me,a streak of discomfort visible in her voice.."An old Friend..Zain Abdullah.." I shook my hands with him.."Rehaan Khan...This is the first time I'm meeting any friend of hers...hey..I have agreat idea..why don't you come over to our place toight for dinner..we can hand around..."I just smiled politely at him."okay Aaliya-I'll just go and check with the receptionist whether Dr.Morrisson has arrived or not...You guys cathch up,till then."I watched as he kissed the side of her head before leaving her side.She nervously lifted up her eyes to look at me.."Um..Thanks..." I dodged the topic,there was no need for her to be grateful to me...i just ddin't want an awkward situation to rise once again.

"he seems like a good bloke..so..Congrats.."" Hmm?"she replied a bit dazed ,before realizing what I had meant to say.."Oh"um-thanks,I guess..."
It was as if silence had seeped in through our skin, paralyzing our speech temporarily..the silence was like the suspended moment before a falling glass strikes the ground and breask into shards...I watched fascinated a sshe fidgeted with the hem of her duppata..an old habit of hers..."So-what brings you here..?"I paused for a moment,reconsidering my reply.."Just some routine ckeck-ups...I think my hairs have started greying -you know..!"I let out a forced chuckle..while she just smiled...the twinkle in her eyes were back for afleeting moment.Rehaan was back by her side.."So what were you both talking about..?" "Just some small talk.."she whispered back looking at me..I got up from my seat..i was already running late.."I should take your leave nowI t was nice meeting you both...Take care."I shookhis hands ,while gave aparting smile to her..before walking out of the glass doors..not looking back once..maybe I had done the right thing withholding the truth from Aaliya..maybe it was story,best left for another day...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(4 months later)

The unblemished sun was shining above, while the children ran around,in the park.In such a fine summer morning,I read about his death,in an obituary coloumn that ran in The New York Times.The news was bigger and more prominent than others,with his staff paying their condolences.A few minutes earlier,I had wobbled over to the phone,to take a call from India..It was my mother.Zain had dies four months after being diagnosed with stage IV,metastaic brain cancer..his body had stopped fighting and rejected what science had to ofer...The newspaper lay open in front of me.my reading glasses on top of a pile of books..A single tears escaped my eyes,but before it could make its journey down my cheeks,I wiped it away,as my seven year old son,came barreling towards me,tugging at my waist."Ammi..i'm feeling hungry..come fast,na!" he tugged at my hand,dragging me to towards the kitchen..."Zainnn...slow down kiddo..."I made him sit on the counter,and ruffled his hair,looking at his eyes for a moment...his eyes which were so familiar to me..a bleak reminder of my past,present and future...I pulled him to my chest and hugged him..

Zain Abdullah's death was like the gust of Autumn wind,taking away the last of the fallen,dried leaves of the season...

Zain Abdullah had left nothing behind...

-----------------------------------------------------END-----------------------------------------------------------------

Please give me ur feedback.hope that u all liked it.

From

Ann๐Ÿ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cupcaked thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Res!:-)
Will just be back..!

-----------------------

Ann dear... This is awesome... Rehaan was so jealous of Zain... I mean this is really nice dear.. And Zain- I... *sobs* This is beautiful Ann... And you always make us blush and laugh with your cute and most of the time guttery updates.. but this time.. you have seriously made us cry... this was short yet beautiful.. and RIP to Zain Abdullah (Just in this drabble, not for the show)

Thanks fr d pm.
Lots of love,
-Tanya.
Edited by harshadcrazyfan - 10 years ago
AnnRosewood thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: harshadcrazyfan

Res!:-)
Will just be back..!

-----------------------

Ann dear... This is awesome... Rehaan was so jealous of Zain... I mean this is really nice dear.. And Zain- I... *sobs* This is beautiful Ann... And you always make us blush and laugh with your cute and most of the time guttery updates.. but this time.. you have seriously made us cry... this was short yet beautiful.. and RIP to Zain Abdullah (Just in this drabble, not for the show)

Thanks fr d pm.
Lots of love,
-Tanya.

Thnak alot Tanu..bt sorry for making u cry!๐Ÿ˜›
madhufx9... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Ann, u made me cry in the morning๐Ÿ˜ญ that was such an heart wrenching update
Great job๐Ÿ‘ u paired my aliya with Rehan ๐Ÿ˜• Khair chod, loved it
Ana_rockz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
It was soo emotional
Beautifully written
cupcaked thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
@Ann- Oh no dear! I love such sad updates and all. Don't worry abt tht. I cmpltly lovd this!:-)
Filmyarchu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Extremely emotional and very well written as always :)
katmaan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Ann... Again u prove urself as an awesome writer I loved it... And it is so emotinal ... And sometimes it show that life can not always be fairy tale
bloodsheds thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It was really an emotional story written by u
But I liked it really very much ๐Ÿ˜Š
Really u r an awesome writer Ann ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
oriyu24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
It was so emotional...
Zain died and aliya married rehan...
Felt sad for both...