Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

664269 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
one more thing, from whatever i have seen of Fawad, i am pretty sure he would never sign a creature 3D or something in that line, one of the reasons he chose khoobsurat was because the film is a clean fam entertainer, that goes well with his home made image and also does not hurt the sentiments of his fans back in pakistan. i dont understand why is he criticised to choose this film, because from where i see even indian tv actors like barun and gurmeet do not get such an awiated and overall hyped project which Fawad has bagged, morever even sushant had debuted in a film which had 3 male leads, whereas Fawad is debuting with r omcom. Ofcourse we all know that he is very big in pakistan, but in bollywood indian tv superstars dont get a chance, whereas this guy managed to hog every possible limelight for himself and still he is being criticised. Also, he has never given despo statements, never talked about his upcoming projects, he has stuck to khoobsurat only , did not us ethe stage to materialize his future projects.
nevah_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kareena05

Thanks, it makes me sad with so negative remarks. Even the pakistani actors make fun of Bollywood actors and their work. If they can do better then should concentrate on there work. Why making remarks about others ?
I haven't heard till now from any indian actors bad remaks about pakistani industry.
Anyways, i love pakistani dramas because of there beautiful stories and i love Bollywood movies.

Well said. We are often the butt of their jokes whether it is by their actors there, or in their award functions or even about how lousy our TV shows are.
I have never ever heard our stars say anything bad about their shows or even their movies or their music.
In addition to giving everyone a chance in the big world of BW, that also goes to show how dignified they are.
I too love some of the Pak TV serials. I have been watching them since 2012, and have watched many more Pak shows than Indian TV shows since then.
I am objective in my criticism of our shows, but when it comes across from the other side that all ours is rubbish and all theirs is good, it makes me sad.
The fact is that among the no. of serials churned out there, there are a handful which are outstanding.
You can even see the response on Zindagi channel. The fact that they had a re-run of ZGH so quickly showed what was working and what was not.

Talking about how much importance and appreciation and hit roles given to Pak actors, I would like to know what credit is given to few of our stars who have worked there. Naseeruddin in KKL, or Nandita Das in some other movie. Were they treated like their stars are in their award functions? were they even nominated for the awards?
No. And frankly speaking, it doesn't make a difference to me. What makes a huge difference to me is that our Indian stars never degrade or say anything demeaning about their work. I'm proud that they openly appreciate the work from the other side of the border. No one is threatened that "our culture" is being ruined. None of us fans take it as being unpatriotic in anyway.

Their Oscar entry called Zinda Bhaag had the entire post production and music done in India. How many people know that or even appreciate it openly?
Every other star in interviews are asked if they will work in BW, if given a chance. Most say no, or else something nasty about BW. And when the answer is negative, there is such applause and cheer. Even on this forum.

I agree with you, kareena05. All in all the attitude is hurtful.
nevah_mind thumbnail

Originally posted by: gamla_

Creature was bound to fail. It was not even a movie to consider that gonna have any future at BO. I totally fail to understand why someone working from Pakistan in India makes their home fans so hyper. I guess home country expects red carpet treatment and top billing in BW. Our actors worked in HW in some very minute roles but never bashed at this level in India.

I want Khoobsurat to work for Fawad. If it didn't work , he won't be spared in Pakistan. Poor artists are not not even allowed to dream in their profession.They always have to show patriotism.

@bold. Honestly. One didn't have to be a genius to know that.

Like I mentioned, our actors have worked in Pak movies. Our singers have sung for their telefilms (Armaan too) But we have never bashed them. the way BW is one huge joke or an industry out to ruin stars from across the border for them is really unfair.

I want Khoobsurat to work very badly. Fawad is such a talented and versatile actor. Also hard working. I really want it to work for him as well as for AKFC, because they have done full justice in the promotions and every event, giving him so much exposure. Again, showing how big our hearts are and that there is place for everyone here.
Edited by nevah_mind - 10 years ago
gamla_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@nevah this all true. I started watching PK serials 2 yrs. ago when dish gave us free previews but after watching how Indians are made fun in their morning shows and awards, I never upgraded them . Why to sarao your mind...If this makes them feel superior, good for them...

Their serials are definitely good but not so out of world and real, in sense of appropriate dressing and general feel to scene, not stories. But FK took huge risk of his fan following in PK by working in BW. Who cares if any of our actor works there but in Pakistan its totally different.

nevah_mind thumbnail

Originally posted by: gamla_

@nevah this all true. I started watching PK serials 2 yrs. ago when dish gave us free previews but after watching how Indians are made fun in their morning shows and awards, I never upgraded them . Why to sarao your mind...If this makes them feel superior, good for them...

Their serials are definitely good but not so out of world and real, in sense of appropriate dressing and general feel to scene, not stories. But FK took huge risk of his fan following in PK by working in BW. Who cares if any of our actor works there but in Pakistan its totally different.

@bold
👏

Word Count: 1

nevah_mind thumbnail
Look at the responses to this article:

Sonam Kapoor Won't Come To Pakistan To Promote "Khoobsurat"

Just goes to substantiate what we are saying.
If our stars appreciate their programs, its used to tell us how lousy our shows are and even our stars are saying so.
If our stars can't go there for promos, these are the kind of responses we get "who asked you to come in the 1st place?"
If their stars are working here, we're stealing them.
If the movies of these stars flop, its because we keep the best for ourselves and deliberately give them these bad roles.
So whichever way you look at it, the offensive is always towards us.

I wonder why they play our songs in their shows and drag India and BW in every other thing.
Even their new talk show called HSY tonight, had a game called "mein anaadi tu khiladi"
😆
Hindi movie name, no?😉

gamla_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nevah_mind

If our stars appreciate their programs, its used to tell us how lousy our shows are and even our stars are saying so.
If our stars can't go there for promos, these are the kind of responses we get "who asked you to come in the 1st place?"
If the movies of these stars flop, its because we keep the best for ourselves and deliberately give them these bad roles.

I wonder why they play our songs in their shows and drag India and BW in every other thing.
Even their new talk show called HSY tonight, had a game called "mein anaadi tu khiladi"
😆
Hindi movie name, no?😉

😆
Yes and Make it habit to listen that fault lies on India and BW for almost everything (especially bad dramas). Kajol praising their serials, madam didn't hear that Ajay Devgan was butt of jokes for his complexion on Pak tv. One thing more Pakistanis are very fond of white complexion. I am very glad that this is changing in India now.
and this website http://reviewit.pk/ js 😆
kareena05 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nevah_mind

😆
Hindi movie name, no?😉

They are never happy anyways. If they are so patriotic then why Bollywood is soo popular there ? They can continue watch there Lollywood movies...

Anyways i respect actors like Ali Zafar and Fawad Khan. They are goodlooking and talented people and that's why indians love them. They are not just a pretty face, they have talent.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Why is this thread being made into an India vs Pakistan debate when it clearly isn't supposed to be that? 😕

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This whole one sided argument being posed above is very flawed. SInce the entire thread has been derailed..I'd like to add to this discussion.
Indians are unfamiliar with Pakistani actors. How many people within India actually knew who Fawad was prior to ZGH? How many Pakistanis know who Ranbir is? all of Pakistan knows who Ranbir is. Bollywood is a BIG industry that goes beyond India, beyond the subcontinent. Pakistani actors aren't as known as Indian actors because the market for films aren't as big yet. There's a reason why actors like Fawad want to do films. Actors on television no matter how good the industry may be, aren't as well known as film actors are, and never will be. There's a difference between films and dramas no matter how great the latter may be. If our films were as global as India's...MAYBE Indian audiences would actually know what goes on within Pakistani showbiz. You guys hardly know any our stars apart from the ones who actually go to India and now that are being shown on Zindagi, but even then none of these actors are known all over India at all.

Apart from Naseerudin Shah, no reputable Bollywood actor has ever worked within any film or television show within Pakistan. There isn't a need for them to do that...because as mentioned, Bollywood already has their own industry that's much, much, much bigger and better than Pakistan's film industry. They don't need to work within Pakistan. And, would any of these film actors want to work on Pakistan television? Why would a film actor want to step a notch below and attempt television when films are much bigger? Pakistani artists have been deprived of good films within Pakistan for so long. Bollywood becomes an option because its the biggest film industry there is in the subcontinent, arguably one of the biggest in the world.
This entire argument of how Indian audiences never complain when Indians work within Pakistan. Do Indians even KNOW that Indian artists actually do get work within Pakistan also? Heck no. 95% of Indians don't even KNOW that there are Indians who actually do work in Pakistan. Why don't they? because Indian audiences could care less about the work that's being done within Pakistan. So, how is this a fair argument that Indians never complain while Pakistanis do? First at least have a fair share of familiarity on both sides in terms of entertainment, stars etc.

Once again it goes back to what I'm saying above. Pakistani films aren't as big as Indian films. Audiences in India could care less about what work some Indian artists (excluding Bollywood A listers) have done in Pakistan. It's all so foreign because Pakistan does not have a global film market.

Moreover, when it comes to television shows..how many people within India actually knew who Fawad was prior to this summer of 2014? How many people knew who Sanam Saeed was? who Humaima was? How many people knew who Imran Abbas was? or who Ali Zafar was? Hardly..in fact maybe 2% of India's entire population..even that, not even. And. these are big names in Pakistan...whereas Pakistani knows every Bollywood actor there is...you name it. Pakistan even knows about the likes of Rakhi Sawant and Rakhi NEVER has worked within Pakistan. Doesn't that say a lot about the familiarity of Bollywood amongst Pakistanis because of how big Bollywood really is? Once, most of India familiarizes themselves with Pakistani artists, music, television, films etc..I'm sure Indian audiences would look into who does what work in Pakistan regardless as well. So this entire argument of how Pakistanis actually criticize Bollywood stars meanwhile Indian audiences do not..well, the day Pakistani entertainment actually becomes a familiarity within India like Bollywood is within Pakistan..I'm sure this critique, bashing, praising etc etc cycle will become equivalent and two sided. For now, the argument is as flawed as it can get.

Another thing..Pakistani producers have given many top Indian television actors a chance to work on Pakistani television. Between 2004-2008..some of the top Indian tv celebs have worked in many Pakistani serials. And, lets not forget, Pakistani shows are the real deal in Pak.