Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sparklingeyes11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
I thought so... Why did he take a role with her... She looks way older than him.
I really hope Fawad gets good reviews and his film b comes as a great hit.
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Usman.

It was a Bipasha movie all the way. Imran was hardly there in the theatrical edition and I agree about the music...it is very soothing. Imran has done a decent job in the past in serials like malaal, mera naseeb and a few others but I have always felt he is over hyped. He has definitely chosen a wrong script also Bipasha has no audience pull at the moment and Imran is a newcomer. So, the opening was bound to be low but the film is getting terrible terrible reviews from the critics which has further hampered his chances in BW.

yeah he has always been over hyped...but, I feel it has more to do with his looks than his acting. I mean no one calls him the best actor there is? Plus, Imran came at a time when he was literally the only young hero we had amongst the older lot of actors. I guess it gave Pakistani girls a reason to go crazy over him or so. 😆 Now there are so many other young actors (many who are also good looking) so if you've noticed..the hype has toned down.
NiharikaMishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Honestly, I would like to say is that Imran's character was not well written here!
As I have seen his work in Mera Naseeb and Meri Zaat Zarra... I know the fact that he can do much better than that, even though I can't call him a world class actor.
It was just hard luck that he didn't get a part to explore his talent.
If we don't get judgmental and jingoistic, we will understand that in India movies flourish more than TV, while in Pakistan dramas are more worked upon since the movie going audience is less there and they prefer entertainment within their homes.
Hence movies look better in India while Pakistani dramas are better.
But that should not discourage the exchange of art. If some people are saying that he was better off here and should not have moved out of his comfort zone to work there, this will only hamper the constructive exchange process. I won't defend Indian viewers either, after seeing countless comments on Khoobsurat and Creature trailer videos on why they ha to "import" an actor and if the ones in India were not good enough.
Even Hollywood has "imported" our actors and given them meaty roles. Does that mean they lack talent?
What our film makers need to understand is that casting as per character is needed and only talent needs to matter!!!
starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NiharikaMishra

Honestly, I would like to say is that Imran's character was not well written here!

As I have seen his work in Mera Naseeb and Meri Zaat Zarra... I know the fact that he can do much better than that, even though I can't call him a world class actor.
It was just hard luck that he didn't get a part to explore his talent.
If we don't get judgmental and jingoistic, we will understand that in India movies flourish more than TV, while in Pakistan dramas are more worked upon since the movie going audience is less there and they prefer entertainment within their homes.
Hence movies look better in India while Pakistani dramas are better.
But that should not discourage the exchange of art. If some people are saying that he was better off here and should not have moved out of his comfort zone to work there, this will only hamper the constructive exchange process. I won't defend Indian viewers either, after seeing countless comments on Khoobsurat and Creature trailer videos on why they ha to "import" an actor and if the ones in India were not good enough.
Even Hollywood has "imported" our actors and given them meaty roles. Does that mean they lack talent?
What our film makers need to understand is that casting as per character is needed and only talent needs to matter!!!

I assume you saw the film..how was the film overall?

Btw, watch Malaal when you get a chance! Imran's best performance in my opinion. It's a great show as well.
kareena05 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Imran Abbas didn't do any impressive work in pakistani dramas so forget about movies. I personally feel he's hyped because of his cute face. The current pakistani actors are way talented than him.
You can't expect indian audience to give Imran a 5 star just because he's big in Pakistan. They don't know him and from what they have seen of his acting there's was nothing to impress...
But on the other hand they love Fawad, not just his good looks but his work too, so far.
And i keep reading some say why pakistani actors go to Bollywood or why are they not treated right, or why they don't have big roles ????? Why why why
Will first of all no one is forced to come to Bollywood or Hollywood. It's up to them to chose the right project and work with the right people. At the end of the day they are actors be it
Aishwarya who tried in Hollywood but failed or the mega star Amitabh bachchan in his 5 minute role in "The great Gatsby" or Anil Kapoor in his 2-3 scenes in "Slumdog Millionaire". They are actors and try different kind of work, what's wrong in that ? So why when a pakistani actors try to work else where, there'so much of criticism ?
When Adnan Siddiqui did a small role in "The Mighty heart". How come that was okay ? Because it was Hollywood USA and not India ?
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I dont mind Pakistani actors working in India.. but they need to be very careful while signing movies over there. What Meera or Veena has done brought nothing but embarrassment for the people over her. Infact, I was supporting Veena in the beginning of the BB4, it was just after she lost her senses and starting doing those weird things with that Aaassshmit and other guy Hrishant, I started opposing her. I had problems with Fawad doing Khoobsoorat since in the original movie the male lead dint have much to do but after going the promos, I feel the movie might do good for Fawad.
nevah_mind thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: areeba_blossom

My apologies. I am not well versed in indian entertainment industry but my comments are based on my general observations from my surroundings but i do feel that my opinion on Pakistani actors not getting any solid roles is true.

Imran Abbs and Fawad Khan are pretty much on the same scale when it comes to acting. There aren't much differences. There was once a time when Imran Abbas was as famous as fawad is now, and i believe general population's opinion on actors accounts a lot when it comes to reviews and popularity of a show/movie.

Originally posted by: kareena05

Imran Abbas didn't do any impressive work in pakistani dramas so forget about movies. I personally feel he's hyped because of his cute face. The current pakistani actors are way talented than him.

You can't expect indian audience to give Imran a 5 star just because he's big in Pakistan. They don't know him and from what they have seen of his acting there's was nothing to impress...
But on the other hand they love Fawad, not just his good looks but his work too, so far.
And i keep reading some say why pakistani actors go to Bollywood or why are they not treated right, or why they don't have big roles ????? Why why why
Will first of all no one is forced to come to Bollywood or Hollywood. It's up to them to chose the right project and work with the right people. At the end of the day they are actors be it
Aishwarya who tried in Hollywood but failed or the mega star Amitabh bachchan in his 5 minute role in "The great Gatsby" or Anil Kapoor in his 2-3 scenes in "Slumdog Millionaire". They are actors and try different kind of work, what's wrong in that ? So why when a pakistani actors try to work else where, there'so much of criticism ?
When Adnan Siddiqui did a small role in "The Mighty heart". How come that was okay ? Because it was Hollywood USA and not India ?

I liked Imran Abbas in Akbari Asghari as well as in Malaal. He was very good. But IMO he's not an outstandingly versatile actor like many others.
I completely agree with kareena05 above. No one is forcing anyone to come to BW. I don't understand this whole attitude of "Indians will not give good or big roles/importance/hit movies/respect etc"
Imran chose the movie. No Pakistani chose it for him and no Indian forced him to take it up.

Every Indian actor also struggle for years to make his/her mark or a blockbuster hit. Why do people think that anyone, especially if it is a Pak star, that he or she will be awarded a blockbuster in the very 1st project?
Indian stars are not spared when they are no good in their movies, what makes one think that Imran will be spared? If he's not good, its going to be said.
I suppose if Khoobsurat is a hit, we'll hear that it was so because of Fawad, as Sonam has never given a hit on her doing. But if its a flop, it will be India giving Fawad a "flower pot" role!

About time that this be looked at more objectively than revolve around "this is India's doing to Pak stars"

kareena05 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nevah_mind

I liked Imran Abbas in Akbari Asghari as well as in Malaal. He was very good. But IMO he's not an outstandingly versatile actor like many others.
I completely agree with kareena05 above. No one is forcing anyone to come to BW. I don't understand this whole attitude of "Indians will not give good or big roles/importance/hit movies/respect etc"
Imran chose the movie. No Pakistani chose it for him and no Indian forced him to take it up.

Every Indian actor also struggle for years to make his/her mark or a blockbuster hit. Why do people think that anyone, especially if it is a Pak star, that he or she will be awarded a blockbuster in the very 1st project?
Indian stars are not spared when they are no good in their movies, what makes one think that Imran will be spared? If he's not good, its going to be said.
I suppose if Khoobsurat is a hit, we'll hear that it was so because of Fawad, as Sonam has never given a hit on her doing. But if its a flop, it will be India giving Fawad a "flower pot" role!

About time that this be looked at more objectively than revolve around "this is India's doing to Pak stars"

Thanks, it makes me sad with so negative remarks. Even the pakistani actors make fun of Bollywood actors and their work. If they can do better then should concentrate on there work. Why making remarks about others ?
I haven't heard till now from any indian actors bad remaks about pakistani industry.
Anyways, i love pakistani dramas because of there beautiful stories and i love Bollywood movies.
gamla_ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Creature was bound to fail. It was not even a movie to consider that gonna have any future at BO. I totally fail to understand why someone working from Pakistan in India makes their home fans so hyper. I guess home country expects red carpet treatment and top billing in BW. Our actors worked in HW in some very minute roles but never bashed at this level in India.

I want Khoobsurat to work for Fawad. If it didn't work , he won't be spared in Pakistan. Poor artists are not not even allowed to dream in their profession.They always have to show patriotism.
664269 thumbnail

Originally posted by: areeba_blossom

My apologies. I am not well versed in indian entertainment industry but my comments are based on my general observations from my surroundings but i do feel that my opinion on Pakistani actors not getting any solid roles is true.

Imran Abbs and Fawad Khan are pretty much on the same scale when it comes to acting. There aren't much differences. There was once a time when Imran Abbas was as famous as fawad is now, and i believe general population's opinion on actors accounts a lot when it comes to reviews and popularity of a show/movie.

ture to some extent, esp when we see an Alister li IA chose a film like creature.
in case of Fawad, as i said the decision has turned out in his favor, the film hasn't released yet and he has got very good exposure, the producers maintained that he is also a vital part of the film, and both him and sonam has been given equal exposure, promotional footage and limelight. Infact in many parts, the limelight was complete on Fawad due to his instant popularity in india. About how his role is, i think let the film release, and if he gets appreciation then it will be a complete circle for him as i believe he played safe, intilligent and is on the verge of earning a 'HIT" tag with his first venture .

i tend to disagree slightly, maybe IA is equally popular , but i feel rating Fawad's acting with Imran's is kind of insulting Fawad's skills, i found Imran very wooden and stiff, neither the voice has any charm and nor the face, i tried watching dil e muztar, and i couldn't watch 2 episodes completely and didnt feel like watching anymore, whereas Fawad made me watch all his shows, the hit ones, the flawed ones, and moreover the kind of screen presence Fawad has, its unmatchable . Alot depends on the actor's body language also.