To all silent readers out there *must read*

Revelio thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi guys. Before I start off, I just wanna say, this ain't a bashing post so plz read it fully if u do have something to say. So now that's outta the way, I'll start off.

Ok so u must all be aware that our forum has a huge number of writers and they're all amazing. Some of these ppl have wrote so much and they must have spent a considerably large amount of time in typing everything out. And isn't it just manners that u give them something in return? And that little something is just a like and a comment. It would take hardly 2 minutes to type up a comment, u don't all need to give 500 word long reviews, even if it's just 5 words, it will make the writer's day. There is no particular reason to why I'm making this post today and it isn't anything personal at all, considering I've hardly wrote anything here on this forum as of yet but I just find it a lil depressing that a story could get around 3000 views and just around a mere 40 comments and 50-55 likes(I'm not referring to any story in particular, that was just an example). Being a writer I know how much time it could take up to write a story. No matter how fast u are at typing, it almost always takes around triple the amount of time when ur writing coz u have to stop and think about what ur gonna write next, what words ur gonna use next. Even short drabbles, looking at it the typing way u might be done with it in 3 minutes but it would have took the writer around 20 minutes to type it out, if a drabble could take that much time then just imagine how much time an OS or FF/SS update around 8-10 times bigger could take. I know that most of the active members on the forum do leave likes and comments behind and I'm really not talking about them. When a story gets so many views isn't it pretty obvious that there so many newbies out there who are not willing to come out? Guys, listen, we people are not monsters, no one is going to eat u up for bothering to leave a like or a comment behind. I know that a lot of those views may have come from ppl who might be just visitors on IF but those who r members, plz come out guys! It's really sad that not even 1/70th of the people who read the stories are willing to like or comment. I know its not always possible to comment, but a like, it would take u 2 seconds to do, is that too much to ask for? Now u can't really say that u didn't ask them to write anything so why expect anything in return, maybe u didn't ask for anything but it's their wish to write or not. They're not forcing u to read their work, they're just asking those who read to leave a bit of appreciation or feedback behind. Now if ur not willing to do that, isn't it just fair that u don't read their work either? These people, they are writing to entertain u guys, the least u could do is show a tiny bit of appreciation for it. And ur not paying anything to read their work either, they're writing 'cause they just want to, coz its something they enjoy doing. Now I'm not saying they all offer u J.K Rowling level stuff to read but all the same, it entertains u and those writers deserve something in return. So please, take this as a request and all those newbies out there, plz do come out and show those writers a lil gratitude. Trust me, it'll mean a great deal to them. Also, if all u newbies start making posts and commenting on topics, then I'm pretty sure our forum rank would be stable at 2 or 3. I know this post is not gonna make much of a change but even if just a few ppl of those thousands out there consider this, then I'll be really happy.

Would really appreciate a bit of change,
Ramya

P.S. Guys, please don't be rude or offensive here, I don't want this post to get closed.
P.P.S. DTs, please don't close this topic, I haven't bashed anyone and I haven't said anything to stir the forum up either. I just thought this post was necessary. So please don't close this.
Edited by ..Ramya.. - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

neenzz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
It's so good that you spoke for those writers, theyreally do work hard to bring this forum to the rank it deserves, we should too :)
Revelio thumbnail

Originally posted by: neenzz

It's so good that you spoke for those writers, theyreally do work hard to bring this forum to the rank it deserves, we should too :)

Thank u, it was just something I felt was required.
Yes they do! Some of them have wrote just so much and they really deserve appreciation for it. :)
Edited by ..Ramya.. - 10 years ago
WarriorGirl- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Agree with you!!!
Silent members comeon join the fun in our zaya land...and like the post
And if you cant then atleast add bi in my forums by clicking on the star
Edited by Beintehaa_ZaYa - 10 years ago
Revelio thumbnail

Originally posted by: Beintehaa_ZaYa

Agree with you!!!

Silent members comeon join the fun in our zaya land...and like the post
And if you cant then atleast add bi in my forums by clicking on the star

Glad u do :)
Yup all the silent members n newbies need to come out n contribute a bit to the forum rank n also they need to appreciate the writers' work as well.
oriyu24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
To all the silent readers...
As said by ramya it is really very much pain full when we get 50 comments and when we see 3000+ views that pain becomes more painful...
Please comment and lyk...
It will increase the forum rank too...
I hope u all understand ...
4bottlevodka thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I agree Ramya! Silent Members can atleast hit the like button.and add atleast a few words.That would contribute to the forum ranks.And would encourage the writers.
LiveLifeInBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I just came to the forum to stalk the CG before going to bed and i saw this post...i just had to comnent! Bang on post girl!! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I wrote an FF once and it uaually took me about 30-40 mins just to write one part for an update. It is disheartening when you get views but no comments :/ and i got so happy when some people would comment, and it made the hardwork all worth it. As writers do take out time in their busy schedule to meet the demands of their loyal readers and all writers try to make sure that an update will be just as awesome as the last to keep their readers pleased and satisfied. So yes it would be truly appreciated if some people stopped staying silent and comment. :)
Edited by -Saheba- - 10 years ago
ZayaHarshika thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Bang On PostπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
ik how it feels whn u've given 40-50 mins in writing n nobody comments..
its disheartening...
i hope after reading this post all the aalsi ppl come out n commnt!
Filmyarchu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
You are right we do have amazing writers who prefer writing for us very lovingly and we all should it a try once :)
I will for sure soon!