Kay Kay Menon:People will rave about HAIDER even 5 yrs down the line!!

vssaras thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Kay Kay Menon: People will rave about HAIDER even 5 years down the line

September 10, 2014 7:17:54 PM IST
By Rachana Sheth, Glamsham Editorial
Send to Friend

Kay Kay Menon, who is gearing up for Vishal Bhardwaj's upcoming film HAIDER, inspired by Hamlet, says that the film, set in Kashmir, will showcase the internal & dirty politics which exists there.

KAY KAY MENON
KAY KAY MENON
"Though HAIDER is a modern day adaptation of Willaim Shakespeare's Hamlet', it has been tweaked a little as the film is set in Kashmir. And because of that things are pretty interesting here. It will showcase the internal politics and dirty games played the people in power there," says the actor.
According to Kay Kay, films like HAIDER are hardly seen and they shouldn't be ignored.
"I truly want such films to do well as HAIDER type of films come once in a while. They shouldn't be ignored. I request everyone to push it as hard as possible. And somewhere I do have a strong instinct that HAIDER will be lapped up by one and all," says Kay Kay.

While there is a lot of anticipation around HAIDER, it has a tough competition from Hrithik Roshan & Katrina Kaif starrer BANG BANG. As both the films are set to release on the same day i.e. October 2nd, 2014 and the buzz around both the films is quite high.
Prod Kay Kay what he feels about the big clash and he says, "Ask me this question after four years. You will remember a film like HAIDER even after five years down the line. I am very sure people will rave about it even after 4-5 years. Having said that, I want BANG BANG to also do well as am not aware what kind of film is it."
Kay Kay Menon plays Shahid Kapoor's uncle in HAIDER. Besides, the film also stars Tabu, Irrfan Khan, Shraddha Kapoor, and many others.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

briahna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

i believe that too menon. everything looking good in haider...the songs, the performances, the cinematography, direction, ...at least in trailers.

can't wait.