aaminah123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
"I want to have ice cream."

"Now?" Was his response when being woken up by his wife from deep slumber.

"Yes."

"Okay." And he went back to sleep.

When she nudged him again, he opened his open just to glance at the digital clock on his side table. "Until now I was giving you a benefit of doubt but today you have lost that chance also, you are a certified insane person! Go find some ice cream in the fridge and let me sleep." He turned to his side after suggesting her the solution.

"Besides, no ice cream palour will be opened at this hour." And tried to snatch the duvet from her grip.

"Are you telling me the mighty RKB who seems to have all the answers, doesn't know where to get ice cream this late?" She did know how to trick him, didn't she? Such tricks always come handy being a wife. She smiled at her own intelligence.

When he could finally take in his surroundings and realize the predicament he was in, he restored to using his brain "and why do you think I'd take you out this late while apparently, its raining too?"

"Remember the Punjabi food challenge that I won?" She said while blowing her nails.

"After failing miserably. Twice in fact." He replied haughtily.

"I won, nonetheless. And don't be a spoil sport now, you promised you'll do anything I say. Come on." She pressed her luck.

'No, I have got an important meeting tomorrow. Some of us take our profession seriously you know." He replied smugly.

"No you don't." When he continued to look at her in bewilderment, she replied "its Sunday tomorrow!" And gave him a wide smile.

He sighed then, knowing well this woman wouldn't let him sleep until she got what she wanted so he gave in gracefully. A man's word was word indeed. "Come down in 5." And sprinted to the restroom to freshen up.

He was waiting for her in the car and she was right on time. Only the sight that greeted him was not the one he was expecting. Their daughter was cuddled up in her arm, with her legs around her waist and face hidden the crook of her mother's neck. She settled Ruhi in the backseat and claimed hers in the passenger seat beside him. When he looked at her quizzically, she pointed at their daughter's direction indicating her presence. 

They landed at movenpick hotel after a few minutes. He extracted their daughter and they made their way towards the ice cream shop. By now, he was certain the reason behind this sudden trip was resting in his arms. He ordered 2 double scoop black current ice cream and a coffee for himself.

"You won't be able to sleep after having coffee." She reminded him.

"You want me to order a mati- mart-marshmallow instead?" When his wife silenced him with a look, halting him to use the names in front of their daughter, who was giggling at her father's fumble.

He ruffled his daughter's hair at that, and asked her "do you like it here?" 

"Yes." 

"Are you still upset?"

"Not any more." She answered with as toothy smile when their order arrived. The delight on her face was worth all the hassle he gathered. No, not hassle he corrects himself. This is what he used to be. A person who would make the most of what he had. 'Living in the moment' had once been his mantra. As he takes the first sip of his beverage, he recalls it was not bad after all. These late night hang outs, rains, and company of a woman. 

A beautiful woman at that. He settles back in his chair and looks at his muse. The one responsible for their daughter's giggles, his secret smile. His peaceful sleep without having to indulge in drinks. While the duo talk about their memories of rain and the games they both could play tomorrow, he smiles at his girls. His girls. He was getting used to it. The inseparable mother-daughter duo was his family, his home now.

As they waited for their car to arrive, their daughter had ran into the garden and her mother followed suit to grab her. When the car arrived and he turned around to call them, he stopped midway. It was a magical moment. The girls, in symmetry had their hands out, palms and face facing the sky as they allow the raindrops to pour over them. He was still taking in the beautiful sight when the driver tapped him to get his attention "sir, your car has arrived."

He had to disturb the two then and got them inside the car. Ruhi had slept by the time they left the vicinity of hotel. His wife was busy enjoying the weather and the sight around while he was enjoying the sight that surrounded him. His wife. Before he could comprehend what he had done, he held her hand in his and whispered "thank you" against it.

She turned still smiling, "sorry for tricking you, she was quite upset with the whole delimma at home while shaguns's stay and the kids at school were not making it any easier for her after the media incident." She explained.

"I ought to visit her teacher regarding it." He replied, focusing on the road.

"I have already spoken to her today when I went to pick her from the extra-class. She'll get over it, dont worry. Since she couldn't sleep I thought she could use some time out to restore her faith in family. In us."  

He nodded and continued to drive, still holding her hand.

She was the one. It had to be her only, for tricking him into something that was not for her in the first place. To let him believe she was out of mind to go out at this late hour but that's what she was. Always keeping her daughter's need before anything else. She knew which buttons to press to get what she had set her mind into. 

He turned to their room to settle down his sleeping daughter on their bed. When his wife looked at him inquisitively, he replied "I thought she would like to wake up with us, next to her tomorrow." 
As she claimed her place on bed, next to their angel, she smiled at his thoughtfulness. Little that she know, the thoughtful father was a thoughtful husband also who was looking for reason to wake up next to his wife  tomorrow.

And every tomorrow that they have together.
Edited by aaminah123 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

itsme_aish thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
That was very nice..๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ thanks dear๐Ÿ˜Š
Rozy77 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
aww that was beautiful hun๐Ÿ‘
very sweet๐Ÿ˜ณ
loved it๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
twerping thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Very sweet OS! Beautifully written!
WhyAmIHereAgain thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Very very nice..beautiful...u have an amazing quality of writing soulful pieces
ankita_sidana thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
a very beautiful..lovely masterpiece
each word is perfect and ending..umm sho shweet..thnkewww
avni_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
beautifulll updatee!! loved itt!! enjoyed reading! loved ishita's trick to go out at night! hehehe
Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Beautiful and so sweet
ALEHA2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
It was beautiful so sweet family moment
ABBY92 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
That was really sweet. The way Ishita used her challenge win against Raman to cheer Ruhi up was so thoughtful.