SRITI JHA FC - 9 - "With a Flair for Words........." - Page 17

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: zephyr29

Oy this was at some Diwali party not from the set πŸ˜›

accha kya? 😲 but then shabbir is wearing abhi's jeans.. πŸ˜• or is it the other way round? πŸ˜†
well then you know ki atleast shabbir ka costumes got burnt so he wears his own outfits for KB?!
zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: flutterby

accha kya? 😲 but then shabbir is wearing abhi's jeans.. πŸ˜• or is it the other way round? πŸ˜†
well then you know ki atleast shabbir ka costumes got burnt so he wears his own outfits for KB?!

I think majority of the outfits worn by Abhi (the casual ones) are mostly from SA's wardrobe
zephyr29 thumbnail
A very nice interview (after sooo long) of both Shabbir as well as Sriti
Shabbir getting negative role coz of swearing during the audition was epic πŸ˜†

Onscreen lovers, offscreen friends: Sriti Jha and Shabbir Ahluwalia

DC | Natasha Coutinho | November 01, 2014, 22.11 pm IST
Sriti Jha and Shabbir Ahluwalia

They share a love-hate relationship on-screen, but there's something about their chemistry that the audience finds irresistible in Kumkum Bhagya. Shabbir Ahluwalia and Sriti Jha tell us what makes them tick in this exclusive chat.

What makes your onscreen chemistry a hit?
Shabbir: It's the unpredictable nature of our characters. We react in a manner which is least expected. Even if it's a serious situation we make it very funny. Also, Pragya (Sriti's character) is so endearing.
Sriti: It's just us being very funny; it's always lighthearted.

Tell us about a scene in the show that you improvised entirely?
Shabbir: There was this scene where Pragya is inebriated and fed up with her behaviour, Abhi too gets drunk! So we go on the terrace of a building and start talking about life. It was originally meant to be a 2-minute scene but it ended up being 10 minutes long because we kept talking rubbish! But that was retained.
Sriti: Shabbir improvises almost every scene he's brilliant with the punch lines.

What's the one quality you admire in each other and one thing you want to change?
Shabbir: I admire that she pays attention to the nuances of a scene and is doing such a good job. One thing I want to change is that she doesn't eat non-vegetarian food. She always orders vegetarian food, which I don't like, so I can't eat off her plate!
Sriti: I admire the fact that he is always so happy, always cracking jokes. Both of us are foodies I don't want to change that but yes, I end up eating a lot more in his company.

Something fans don't know about you...
Shabbir: They don't know much about me, as I'm a reserved person and don't open up easily, unlike the roles I have played. One difference between my character Abhi and me is that I loved my grandmother a thousand times more than he does, in the show.
Sriti: That I eat a lot, you will always find me with a samosa or dosa in my hand. I'm also a voracious
reader.

Your first crush?
Sriti: Aamir Khan in Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak. I would doll up every day hoping that he would spot me somewhere!
Shabbir: Samantha Fox. I had the opportunity to see her when she was touring India and I had that famous poster of her up in my room the one in which she's dressed in tiny denims.

Tell us your memories of your first ever audition.
Shabbir: My first audition was for Balaji and I didn't know what I was doing. I kept forgetting my lines and I ended up just using swear words all I said was f**k, sh**, oh d**n. It wasn't surprising I didn't get the role I had auditioned for I got the negative lead instead!
Sriti: My audition for Dhoom Machale Dhoom was the turning point of my life. It was after that audition that I was sure I wanted to do this (acting) for the rest of my life.

Rapid Fire Round

What do you associate with the following words?

food:
sriti: Samosa
shabbir: Lifeline

kumkum bhagya sets
sriti: Happy people
shabbir : A madhouse!

favourite co-star
sriti: Supriyaji (my mother on the show)
shabbir: Sriti and Sakshi Tanwar

babies
sriti: Lots of love
shabbir: Infinite joy

fans
sriti: Happiness
shabbir: Support system

movies
sriti: Pyaasa
shabbir: Life

what makes me happy
sriti: Books, especially The Catcher in the Rye
shabbir: Sports

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/141101/entertainment-tvmusic/article/onscreen-lovers-offscreen-friends-sriti-jha-and-shabbir

Edited by zephyr29 - 9 years ago
flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
wow!!! the interview.. πŸ˜ƒ thanks after so long.. I was tired of them talking solely on the tracks..
I liked a lot of things.. they said.. shabbir says pragya is very endearing.. πŸ˜† certain things she says especially during the drunk phase was very endearing... her mannerisms were very cute and funny.. one thing.. I want to bring to your attention, zephy. I don't know if you remember.. 😳 and I don't know if sriti was asked to do it, ya she did it on her own.. but when abhi says tumne apne liphs dekhhe hain kya? pragya actually pouts and tries to look at her lips.. πŸ˜† 🀣 I burst out laughing at that scene.
that moon scene they are talking about was the most funny 'rubbish' scene I have seen on tv.. πŸ˜† mainly coz of the dialogues and their slurry pronounciation.. ⭐️ both are foodies.. πŸ˜†
samosa and dosa in her hand? 😲 yet she is so thin! πŸ˜† phirst crush is aamir and Samantha for sriti and shabbir... finally someone didn't say salman and Angelina jolie... πŸ˜› *phew*
when did shabbir have sakshi as his costar? 😲 and sriti is also his fav costar... am glad.. πŸ‘ ⭐️
life kaunsa movie hain bey?
your POV, zeph?
flutterby thumbnail
zephy!!!!!! 😑 this is an act of treachery.. on your part... you.. did the unthinkable..
*zephy worriedly and albeit with a touch of anger.. wonders what the hell is the matter*
your DP.. instead of HC greeting me, I see some girl ( as usual) on a red, yellow background..
I was sorta put off..
*zephy breathes a sigh of relief, and facepalms*
🀑 😈 πŸ˜‰
Spring-Dew thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Rachna ur DP is pretty would love to know who's that😊
zephyr29 thumbnail

wow!!! the interview.. πŸ˜ƒ thanks after so long.. I was tired of them talking solely on the tracks..

I liked a lot of things.. they said.. shabbir says pragya is very endearing.. πŸ˜† certain things she says especially during the drunk phase was very endearing... her mannerisms were very cute and funny.. one thing.. I want to bring to your attention, zephy. I don't know if you remember.. 😳 and I don't know if sriti was asked to do it, ya she did it on her own.. but when abhi says tumne apne liphs dekhhe hain kya? pragya actually pouts and tries to look at her lips.. πŸ˜† 🀣 I burst out laughing at that scene.
that moon scene they are talking about was the most funny 'rubbish' scene I have seen on tv.. πŸ˜† mainly coz of the dialogues and their slurry pronounciation.. ⭐️ both are foodies.. πŸ˜†
samosa and dosa in her hand? 😲 yet she is so thin! πŸ˜† phirst crush is aamir and Samantha for sriti and shabbir... finally someone didn't say salman and Angelina jolie... πŸ˜› *phew*
when did shabbir have sakshi as his costar? 😲 and sriti is also his fav costar... am glad.. πŸ‘ ⭐️
life kaunsa movie hain bey?
your POV, zeph?

Wholeheartedly agree. These are the types of interviews I'd love to see more often rather than just another segment or article on upcoming track, but who's listening πŸ˜’

πŸ˜† I remember that scene. That drunk scene was hilarious and Sriti was fantastic there ⭐️! Pragya trying to "catch" the moon and trying to "call it towards her" was gold 🀣!!

You know it is totally possible to keep eating all the time yet be so thin, thanks to very fast metabolism πŸ˜›

Aww Sriti's fave costar is Supriya 😳 and yeah even I was wondering when was Sakshi his costar πŸ€”

No idea if there is a movie called Life or whether he was speaking in a broad sense like most of his answers were while SJ's were more specific.
zephyr29 thumbnail

zephy!!!!!! 😑 this is an act of treachery.. on your part... you.. did the unthinkable..

*zephy worriedly and albeit with a touch of anger.. wonders what the hell is the matter*
your DP.. instead of HC greeting me, I see some girl ( as usual) on a red, yellow background..
I was sorta put off..
*zephy breathes a sigh of relief, and facepalms*
🀑 😈 πŸ˜‰

😈 Trust me I don't fret over such trivialities πŸ˜›

It was high time for a change plus I'll suggest a better way of HC greeting you all the time. For that you need to go to your Dashboard and upload his pic as your dp, see, so simple 😎
zephyr29 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Acidic_San

Rachna ur DP is pretty would love to know who's that😊

Thank you, that's Scarlet Johansson as Black Widow in the movie Avengers 😊
flutterby thumbnail

Originally posted by: zephyr29

Wholeheartedly agree. These are the types of interviews I'd love to see more often rather than just another segment or article on upcoming track, but who's listening πŸ˜’

πŸ˜† I remember that scene. That drunk scene was hilarious and Sriti was fantastic there ⭐️! Pragya trying to "catch" the moon and trying to "call it towards her" was gold 🀣!!

You know it is totally possible to keep eating all the time yet be so thin, thanks to very fast metabolism πŸ˜›

Aww Sriti's fave costar is Supriya 😳 and yeah even I was wondering when was Sakshi his costar πŸ€”

No idea if there is a movie called Life or whether he was speaking in a broad sense like most of his answers were while SJ's were more specific.

hmm... whatever comes our way.. we have to make do with it..
mujhe wo... wo jo waha hain... wo chahiye.. moon πŸ˜†
yeh... fast metabolism... that's my biggest enemy.. 😑
*COUGH*
more is coming up... rock concert again... good they are atleast making abhi work, he is getting to do more stuff than sit at home, hatching eggs.. Tongue